What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MEDMAKER420 a.K.a the Aardvark 2012 MMJ Grow Show

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Here are the new light drivers for that #4 light that had one faulty driver.
attachment.php

I have a ton of videos and images that I am editing and will be uploading today, tonight and the next couple days. I will fix the #4 light by installing a new driver and getting video of all the lights running including the new flowering concept light which I posted a picture of earlier today.

Can't wait for the meters to get here so I can test the wattage on the 5 panels I currently have as well as the rest that BLU LED want me to test for them.

Attachments

• new-light 009.jpg
    new-light 009.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 14

medmaker420

Veteran
Check This Chemmy Jones Out - CRAZY COOL GROWTH

Check This Chemmy Jones Out - CRAZY COOL GROWTH

I was sitting and going through the week four growth pictures and editing video when I saw this cool looking growth. I will have more pics and video of this cool phenotype of a chemmy jones which is growing under light #4 btw.

attachment.php

I am keeping this plant around and getting clones. I love plants that want to be more unique than their brothers and sisters :biggrin:

Attachments

• chemmy-jones-cool-growth.jpg
    chemmy-jones-cool-growth.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 17

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
They look great ! And those Chemmy Jones branches are sick !
Can't wait to see some flowers under those lights... Good luck, man !
Peace, HJ.

vukman

Veteran
I dunno bro....looks like a photoshop job to me....:D....heheh...busting your balls!!LOL,,,that is some wicked looking growth there....would love to see the bothers and sisters or actually sisters and then crossed with something else just as 'interesting'..........what a field we got into huh?

Teachers said I would never amount to anything being the stoner in the black leather jacket in the back of the class.....just look at me now!!!!!!! ROFL...

medmaker420

Veteran
I dunno bro....looks like a photoshop job to me....:D....heheh...busting your balls!!LOL,,,that is some wicked looking growth there....would love to see the bothers and sisters or actually sisters and then crossed with something else just as 'interesting'..........what a field we got into huh?

Teachers said I would never amount to anything being the stoner in the black leather jacket in the back of the class.....just look at me now!!!!!!! ROFL...

LOL, yup still sporting that same black leather jacket :biggrin:

They look great ! And those Chemmy Jones branches are sick !
Can't wait to see some flowers under those lights... Good luck, man !
Peace, HJ.

I can't wait to see how it grows as well, that chemmy had me thinking I was HIGH or cross eyed :biggrin: but yeah it is definitely going to have clones taken of her and I will add it to my 2013 pollen chucking projects and see what can come out of it.

I have seen 3's and 4's but never 6's, and the cool thing is if all the nodes grow out that would be 2 per main leaf for a total of 12 shoots coming out of that one "section".

really cool stuff

medmaker420

Veteran
Week Four Update Pics

Week Four Update Pics

Here are some week four growth updates. On each of the name tags you will see will see an L1, L2, L3, L4 which references which light the plant is growing under.

Pic #1
attachment.php

Pic #2
attachment.php

Some of the plants under L3 and L4 are keeping up just fine with L1 and L2 now as well as some of the aardvark mix seeds are growing great under all the lights compared to the first germination/seedling phase so maybe there was a grower error or low germination rates and bad odds are for light 3 and light 4. Who knows BUT that is why I will keep testing these lights to see how they do.

Pic #3
attachment.php

Pic #4
attachment.php

Attachments

• week-4-growth-upadates 016.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 016.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 17
  • week-4-growth-upadates 017.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 017.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 13
  • week-4-growth-upadates 018.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 018.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 17
  • week-4-growth-upadates 019.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 019.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 15

medmaker420

Veteran
Here Is The Second Set Of Grow Update Pics For Week Four

Here Is The Second Set Of Grow Update Pics For Week Four

Here is pic #5
attachment.php

Pic #6
attachment.php

Pic #7
attachment.php

Pic #8
attachment.php

Pic #9
attachment.php

Attachments

• week-4-growth-upadates 033.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 033.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 16
  • week-4-growth-upadates 107.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 107.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 14
  • week-4-growth-upadates 100.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 100.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 16
  • week-4-growth-upadates 099.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 099.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 16
  • week-4-growth-upadates 095.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 095.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 17

medmaker420

Veteran
Here Is The 3rd Set Of Week 4 Grow Updates

Here Is The 3rd Set Of Week 4 Grow Updates

Here is Pic #10
attachment.php

Pic #11
attachment.php

Pic #12
attachment.php

Pic #13
attachment.php

Pic #14
attachment.php

I am going to start sexing all of the plants under the first flower concept light so I can remove all the males and then will start with the flowering side of things with the first flower light and when the rest get here I will then toss girls under those panels as well.

Some of the females are pretty short and I see some strong indica leanings so some look to need more veg time for any sort of yield ( reminds me of the sour bubble veg needs for example ) but others look like they will double or triple in size once flipped and will need to manage canopy control.

No matter what happens though, this is going to be exciting to see all of the strains growing on up.

On the FIELD MARSHALL SEEDS strains, I have a couple that have popped above soil and will be getting those pictures up in their own "post" and video update.

Check back for the youtube live video of week 4 updates which should be uploaded by tomorrow.

Attachments

• week-4-growth-upadates 090.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 090.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 16
  • week-4-growth-upadates 089.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 089.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 14
  • week-4-growth-upadates 077.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 077.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 17
  • week-4-growth-upadates 071.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 071.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 14
  • week-4-growth-upadates 064.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 064.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 16

medmaker420

Veteran
4th Set Of Week Four Growth Updates

4th Set Of Week Four Growth Updates

Here Is Pic #15
attachment.php

Pic #16
attachment.php

Pic #17
attachment.php

Pic #18
attachment.php

Pic #19
attachment.php

Attachments

• week-4-growth-upadates 031.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 031.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 14
  • week-4-growth-upadates 011.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 011.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 15
  • week-4-growth-upadates 004.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 004.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 14
  • week-4-growth-upadates 103.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 103.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 13
  • week-4-growth-upadates 092.jpg
    week-4-growth-upadates 092.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 14

medmaker420

Veteran
The plants are all looking uniformly happy. :woohoo:

Yes once they got going some caught up pretty well, some are slower than others but without the sex being know yet some taller ones in my book are odds are males so I want to sex them and see the internode distance, smells, leaf size comparing the different strains under the 4 different lights as well as all the new additions which are the lady berry kush and kushy haze from Field Marshall Seeds ( radvancan - great icmag member and breeder BTW ).

Flowering is next up, doing a cloner video with some underwater gopro action just because I have the underwater case :woohoo: and I want to see how it looks.

medmaker420

Veteran
I'm doing a bit of research on leds currently, mind if I ask a few questions? With the veg cycle almost over how would you rate the 140w and 210w leds from. How about effective/realistic coverage? Most companies I've seen have stated double effectiveness when compared to hps/mh BUT growers have stated the opposite in 99% of the cases. Some of your plants seem a bit stretched maybe it's just the view point of the pics though. Sorry if this is a bit early for questions like this I don't want to wait another 2 or more months to get a review of either companies lights.

If you check back through the thread you will hear me answer the stretch question but if it was missed, these are regular seeds. I have males in the mix and they are easy to spot however I let the males grow just as I let the females grow in veg to see how they do.

On the effectiveness the thing that would matter is not just the wattage but the spectrum and light angles used in the lights more than anything.

I am sorry you do not want to wait another two months to see how the rest of the grow show goes but I can't give an opinion at least on the flower concept lights until after they flower.

I do want to remind you that I will be testing more than 2 "styles" of panels and from multiple manufacturers btw ( at least 4+ makers of lights ) and different light angles and spectrums to go with it so there isn't any conclusive results yet.

Now as far as veg lights go, I still have more tests to do on them as these tests have all been from regular seeds. I would like to see how "proven females" do clone wise under the L1,L2,L3 and L4 veg concept lights to see how internode distance is and so forth.

Currently growing in the different cabinets are

Chemmy Jones - both male and female
Jackpot Royale - both male and female
Blackwater - both male and female
Jedi Kush - both male and female
Lady Berry Kush - both male and female
Kushy Haze - both male and female
Aardvarks Mix - both male and female

I see many males in the mix but the "stretchy males" will be culled once I sex the first group of plants which is the first 4 strains in the above list.

Huey Freeman

thank you for the kind words brother, glad to have you checking in. There will be a ton of great pics and videos being posted and excited to see how the flower tests go as well as the second/third round of veg tests from seed and clone go with these and other lights that are being sent my way.
cloner being used:
pic 1
attachment.php

pic 2
attachment.php

pic 3
attachment.php

Attachments

• cloning 003.jpg
    cloning 003.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 14
  • cloning 004.jpg
    cloning 004.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 15
  • cloning 005.jpg
    cloning 005.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Oregonism

Some of your plants seem a bit stretched maybe it's just the view point of the pics though.

its almost more like a lazy look to the plants, more than stretch, less heat soak from useless light spectrum that isn't causing them to stress, but thats my opinion

Look forward to the flower report and the smoke report too! l.e.d.s

medmaker420

Veteran
its almost more like a lazy look to the plants, more than stretch, less heat soak from useless light spectrum that isn't causing them to stress, but thats my opinion

Look forward to the flower report and the smoke report too! l.e.d.s

Heat really isn't a factor at all but then again I haven't played with the red side of the spectrums yet either but that will soon happen in the next weeks update videos, pictures and so on.

Socrates

Hey MedMaker420. Sorry if you already mentioned this, but do you have specific information on the spectrum ratios of the lights? I definitely understand if GrowBlu wants to keep that information proprietary, but I'd be very interested to see it. Also, any pics of that first flowering light turned on? I'm sure this will all come in the flowering updates, but I am impatient!

medmaker420

Veteran
Hey MedMaker420. Sorry if you already mentioned this, but do you have specific information on the spectrum ratios of the lights? I definitely understand if GrowBlu wants to keep that information proprietary, but I'd be very interested to see it. Also, any pics of that first flowering light turned on? I'm sure this will all come in the flowering updates, but I am impatient!

They actually have been testing a few different spectrums already, I have only tested the four veg spectrums and am about to test 4-8 flower spectrums and some full spectrums.

I have asked to not know about the spectrums so my grows aren't biased based on my own led research. I want the tests to be blind as far as the spectrums go.

I am not sure if they are going to release the different spectrum ratios that they will be stocking as that is what I think they are working towards to differentiate themselves from other sites offering the same "styles" of lights.

On the flowering light, I actually have a few more showing up in the next week or two and I will be getting live video of each one being turned on so everyone can see and hear them.

I am currently putting together the grow areas for flower and ironing out all the electrical and intake/exhaust flow as there is alot to document, video and update once flower gets going.

I am excited to see which strains are going to be sticking around my grows for the next few cycles. So many to choose from but I still have other seeds to pop to check for winners so this grow show will be ongoing and perpetual.

I am excited to have the field marshall seeds strains back in the grow cabs as well because those lady berry kush and kushy haze grew AMAZING the last time I ran them. Those update pics will be updated by the end of the week as they are still popping the soil etc ( first week germination / seedling phase ).

The chemmy jones, blackwater, jackpot royale and jedi kush will be getting topped and some clones cut as well and letting them "sex" under that first flowering light. I will not be keeping any of the males that I find for these cycles as I will not be doing any pollen chucking in 2012.

medmaker420

Veteran
Week Four LED Grow Light Four Strain Update Video

Week Four LED Grow Light Four Strain Update Video

Here is the update video for week four for the first group and tossed in pics of group # as well. I think the L3 and L4 might be better suited for established plants because they are catching up to L1 and L2 growth wise.

[YOUTUBEIF]OTh2-I9delc[/YOUTUBEIF]

Maybe they were too strong and I needed to back the lights off even further??? Either way, I am still testing the 4 veg lights as well as about to test the different flowering lights so I am excited to see how they do.

Next videos and updates:

- firing up the first concept flower light video and pictures
- field marshall seeds popping the soil video and pictures
- week one of STP ( Sexing The Plants ) video and pictures

:dance013:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts