What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medicinal Effects of Strains

crazybear

I have serious neuropathic pain & arthritis pain I have c-99 & AK-47 & williams Wonder growing! What would be best to deal with those ailments ?
I also have Strawberry cough seeds & jack herer seeds:dunno::plant grow:
Help me medicate!!!!

I'm sorry I'm not even high & I can't find what your talking about, please inform an idiot!:wave:

Maybe that means you should get high :laughing:.... That's the easiest way i can explain it.... after you click on "Ailments and Effects" a drop down menu will pop up..... choose which condition you are wanting to treat and click search!

crazybear

Maybe that means you should get high :laughing:.... That's the easiest way i can explain it.... after you click on "Ailments and Effects" a drop down menu will pop up..... choose which condition you are wanting to treat and click search!

Man I can dig I need to get high, just ran out again, Fuck! Anyway Maybe Iam looking at the wrong thing the top of my web page says strain guide, I click on it & no drop down menu & when the strain guide comes up nothing about treating like effects comes up!:wave:

Romulan- Helps with mood elevation, joint pain, nerve pain, and CBD rich.

NL #5- Helps with appetite, nausea, pain, and sleep, sleep, sleep, and more sleep.

monkey5

Veteran
Great Post Doobieduck!

Great Post Doobieduck!

BBing..you haven't muddied anything..your commments are welcome and I find interesting. You have a good idea with "add a list of common medical genres under the strain guide that reg users can vote on" I find that many patients react differently to various strains thus one would have to try these themselves to evaluate personal results. I have sleep apnea and used a CPap for years. But the Apnea diagnosis itself is sometimes a grey area, confusing and unclear as to what is causing the disorder. I personally think my pain awakes me at night but my doctor thinks otherwise. Rems are few and far between for me. I have smoked many different strains in trying to treat this. Hash works best for me hands down. Hash made from indicas or sativas ..the strain doesn't seem to make much difference and I don't know why? I can manage a rem or two in an afternoon catnap after a small puff of hash. I have discontinued the Cpap, I am always trying dietary and other lifestyle changes to help me..but in the end..my pain dominates all my health issues, what can be done to improve these, and I have to treat it first. ..big smiles.. DD
~~ Great Post Doobieduck! Very well said! I too, find this a very interesting read! monkey5

Mr Apricot

SAGE(northern California cut) - mind numbing bliss. I have digestive problems, insomnia, joint, and muscle pain. This strain sedates all of them, I am feeling it's effects currently.

Deep Chunk - an indica from what i understand. The person I know who grows it grows it along side Original Bubba Kush, and it is easily twice as strong if a bit lacking in flavor. I don't normally feel as if I am 'too' high, but this strain can possess this quality if grown properly. You could find yourself losing focus of your surroundings.

And hey fideralala, dutch passion's strawberry cough is weak in comparison to the original cut he used for breeding. The original Strawberry cough is easily comparable to well grown urkle but of a strawberry flavor. I have a fondness like no other for the flavor and exhale of true cough, you will never forget it.

OG kush - extremely potent great for sleep, and pain. Hard to build up a tolerance, but it can be done.

True Purps - this strain will leave you in a state of medicated bliss for hours if you can manage not to find yourself horizontal. Urkle is comparable but not as good.

LA Con. - A close friend and fellow cannabis connoisseur thought that it was laced with DMT. It wasn't, it was simple some of the most remarkable and well grown strains I have ever seen. A bubba x afghani cross that is different and in some ways 'better' than the original bubba. Extremely potent. My particular sample was grown organically outdoors and is better then almost all the herb I have seen all summer. The exceptions being some particularly fine batches of such strains as Matanuska
Thunder Fuck, some extremely kill Trainwreck, and SC Haze.
All the strains listed are some of the best that I have smoked for my ailments recently.

all these strains are top quality! good suggestions

H

h^2 O

got some masterkush not too long ago, great medical capacity, its like taking a few Vicodin, smoke a bowl and you go right to sleep

I

Iffy-Caradoc

Blackout

Blackout

Great info. I am a med patient Tried TW, imo the Pine Sol flavor sucks. Just nasty. Soooo....is there another strain with similar potency, and better taste for med use? I've grown BC Skunk (great smell and taste, potent but not devastating. Not much for pain tho) Sensi Star (dint like 'er, possible bad cure) Now growing "Mystery Girl" (anon. clone) has some Thai, sweet juicy fruit smell, spicy/leather/wood taste, little tolerance after 3 mos of daily 3-4g. Have beans for C-99, Bogbubble, and Kush x A-dam Flame. Any reco for next grow? Space=4x6x8, veg floro x 160w, flwr 600w hortilux hps. Nutes: Ocean Forest, Peters 10-15-10 for clones, then Dr Earth Organic 4-10-7 for bloom. Leach last 10 days, 2 day blackout prior to harvest. Usually 10-14 oz from large flat scrog. Thanks for any advice! Peace

Hi Ursa Minor,
Tell me why the blackout period before harvest? I've not heard that before & knowledge my friend, is why I'm here.
Regards :tiphat:

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread folks (pinned).
Just what I've been looking for.
Thanks & stay safe

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has a 2012 list been compiled? Question, if available in northern california does that mean it's also available in socal and vice versa?

Which way do we go?:dance013:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've found this strain fairly recently in the san jose area. I really need a strain that will help me move focus away from the pain but not stone me too severely or put me to sleep. I'm finding the strains in the 18-20% thc range, based on whatever they do in some dispensaries in sj to determine that. Most recently was one called Thin Mint GS Cookies. That worked pretty good. But just got this one and this one is great. Helps with the pain but it also lifts me up so that I can actually work ( a part of my job is in communications ). It's also very tasty, nice tasting exhale and smooth on the throat. Buds are nicely compacted and appear to store well. So I got a 6 month supply :thank you:

005.jpg

015.JPG