What's new

MEDICAL MARIJUANA GROW OP

dmt

Veteran
definitly no ruffling, when im busy in the office, i write fast and to the point. i though it was a legitamte question......?

no worries, i didnt mean to come across mean haha

there is a mesanine above the 2 rooms, so they need to remove the stairs so no one can be "above the rooms" which is , well, i dont know, code/fire politics.

i had to soak some 4 inch rockwool yesterday, placed the 3 inch on top of the 4 inch and transplant complete.

hydroponics is so convenient for the disabled. i couldnt imagine doing crops these days with bials and transplanting, making my medicine would kill me over time, how paradoxal.

planting day should be jan 1. i build the buckets tomorow. from now on im only going to veg in 4x4x4 cubes. that way they will always have root zone area for strong unpruned growth. what a great way to start the new year, planting healing herb.

il post some "transplant" shots and bucket building manana.

enjoy your soltice yall, d

ps never ever any hard feelings, even if i come across that way

dmt

Veteran
dec 25 bucket build

dec 25 bucket build

happy holidays everyone, i hope santa brought all you ever wanted.

put in 5 hours to day putting 52 nft buckets together. i never took photos but all you do is drill a 3/4 inch hole 2 inches up from the bottom of the 5 gallon pail.

2 rows of 13 buckets in each room. in on they are palced on 23 inch centres, and the other 21.5 inch centers.

in one room there is about 150cm, and the shorter room has about 175cm between the plants width wise.

typical 3/4inch thru hull fittings

i started doing the layout but its a bit of the pain in the ass with 1 guy. im pretty anal when it comes to unifirmity and cimetry.

the lids are prefab from future harvest development. theres a 6 inch basket in the lid.

with this method we need not pay for and labour with expanded clay pellets. im a pragmatist and it shows in the practicallity of any set up im offered. saving time and money while increasing yield is my never ending obsession. there is a dirt grow next door, same exact romm space. i will be keeping track of all the expenses of both dirt/hydro. i already have a jump start because i could do this all myself for an average of 4 hours a day over 70 day cycles. from cutting to cured i know a crew of 3 have been working an average of 4 hours a day on 90 day cycles. the dirt has been running for 5 months already. the competition motivates my will to get the highest g/watt/per year output for the lowest labour/finance output. they still have to buy, pre veg and transplant before their 90 day cycle. its a breeze with rockwool.

Attachments

• DSCF1186.jpg
    DSCF1186.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1187.jpg
    DSCF1187.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1189.jpg
    DSCF1189.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1190.jpg
    DSCF1190.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 11

wordtree

that is spic and span dude, great job on the setup.
If you want max yield, why not put the buckets on the floor and grow larger plants?

dmt

Veteran
great question man.

the author has extreme back, neck and head pain, so do the growers im showing this to. benefit #1 while building and growing ,little to no bending over is required(think medical haha).

benefit #2: gravity is free and should be optimised. this has 2 benefits in 1. the higher the water, the stronger its force flowing back to the res, the more cosmic energy it adds to the whole space(feng shui). i dont like on the floor becuase a second res and pump are needed to send water back against gravity to the res. less gadgets=practical=me happy

benefit #3:the buckets only have a 2 inch res in them for the "feeder" parts of the roots to have constant access, while the rest of the bucket is max out with oxygen from splashing water and open basket. the 2 inch res insures plant life during pump failure/black outs.

benefit #4: this is a vertical style lighting system, and plants need be no taller then 5 feet at harvest.

i have 10 feet of cieling, so with the tables and buckets and 5-6 foot max plants, i still have 1.5 feet to play with. i usually put the buckets at 15 inches obave ground for 8 foot standard cielings. d

dmt

Veteran
dec 26 5 hours

dec 26 5 hours

so i layed out the tables and buckets 100%.

rolled out the green line and just attached it at both ends with 3/4 inch pipe tacks.

then laid out the 3/4 inch "t's" and elbows then cut the hose and attached the joiners. always use hottest water to soak the greenline before stuffing em. a heat gun works even better.

once connect to the thru hull fittings, 2 zip ties keep it from moving and or leaking.

role out the 1/2 inch mainline and attach with zip ties where needed.

poke yer holes, stick yer 1/4 inch spike joiners then attach the spaghetti tube, drill a 1/4 inch hole 1 inch from the top of the bucket, stuff the spaghetti thru the 1/4 inch hole and then the basket in the lid. this makes for a clean, easy yet vary sturdy resting place for the drip line.

hopefully gona rock off 2 more rows tomorow as a friend is donateing his time and hands to help the cause.

1 thing i noticed is i use 2 rubber washers with the thru hull fitting opposed to just 1 inside the bucket. i notice just 1 will suffice in most set ups, d

Attachments

• DSCF1191.jpg
    DSCF1191.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1192.jpg
    DSCF1192.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1193.jpg
    DSCF1193.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1195.jpg
    DSCF1195.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 13

dmt

Veteran
day 33 from mom

day 33 from mom

its been 3 days since i added root zone for the babies. theyve grown like 3 inches. you could really start to tell they were root bound. they didnt have that "happy" look that they should.

planting day is the 1st of january hopefully. i know il be ready, d

Attachments

• DSCF1196.jpg
    DSCF1196.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1197.jpg
    DSCF1197.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF1198.jpg
    DSCF1198.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 19

dmt

Veteran
dec 27 5 hours

dec 27 5 hours

so we got 1 room total minus pumps and layed out 1/2 the other room and about 1/2 a row. hopefully tomorow will be the last build day and then i can do a cleanse of the lines and buckets and manage any leaks before planting.

there is 1 700gph magdrive connected to the mainline, and just 1 greenline back to the res for drainage, very very basic, nothin fancy.

Attachments

• DSCF1199.jpg
    DSCF1199.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF1200.jpg
    DSCF1200.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 14
H

hulkbogan

Nice room. Hope the planting goes smoothly.

I see your a fellow budder head.. I am seriously
addicted to this stuff since being taught the ways.

I can't even smoke buds anymore I've been making
batches everyday almost.. Mad variety muahahahaha...

Cheers

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Subscribed! Looks amazing. As I get my med room going I can't help but think "make it bigger" whilst reading your thread

dmt

Veteran
thanks yall, much much appreciated. il do an overall update tomorow. ive had some leek issues to deal with and am running all my black mainline again, plus ensuring no leeks in the new one . i always get some caulk or tube adhesive and bong the dripper to the mainline.

i love hydro becuase of the infintit variety of options there is. every build i do a usaully always do a tweak here and there to increase efficiency and lower cost at the same time.

the cleanliness factor is so key. they say in feng shui that dropping/flowing water makes plants grow twice as fast and twice as big. i have my arorator pump running as i worked today and it adds such a new dimension of garden "feel". once plants reach my bud rooms i can easliy be hypnotized by the rooms energy the air moving, the water tricling, dazing at this miracle of creation(not the room wink wink haha). i will literally just sit in there taking it all in, like im at the beach or wherever.

gardening has always taken the edge off life for me, in every fibre of being. emotional, physical, mental and financial(free weed) after costs of course.

the room will be 4 trellis nets running the lenth of the tables. eight vscrogs total. plus all the plant matter behind the screen as well.

il take mad pics when i finish completely tomorow and brak it all down with some not so baby plant pics too, d

dmt

Veteran
dec 31 the rez's

dec 31 the rez's

100 gallon resovoirs sit beneath the closest tables in each respective room.

i call this my "cosmic chi genarator". a magdrive with a t and 2 elbows makes for awesome aeration. i started with a pump for mixing, draining and oxegenating the nutes and res. i find this to be superior in som many ways. the CCG can be made an infinit amount of ways and lengths, i find this the most practical for now, once plants are in i may muck with it a bit.

the other 700gph magdrive is connected to the 1/2' mainline, with a 1/2 inch flow valve just outside the res lid(1/8 ich chloroplast) for easy access. this is my standard issue res set up

Attachments

• DSCF1201.jpg
    DSCF1201.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF1202.jpg
    DSCF1202.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF1204.jpg
    DSCF1204.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1203.jpg
    DSCF1203.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 11

dmt

Veteran
dec 31 finishing touches

dec 31 finishing touches

1 drain goes into the res thru a 1.5 inch hole in the chloroplast. if i have to i will run a second from the other table.

i sealed the 1/4 inch dripper spike with bathroom adhesive, making sure none goes into the mainline, but enough to make for a leak free system and solid connections. it drys to clear

Attachments

• DSCF1205.jpg
    DSCF1205.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1206.jpg
    DSCF1206.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1207.jpg
    DSCF1207.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 18

dmt

Veteran
dec 31 the rooms

dec 31 the rooms

the electrician is such a pro, labelled the rooms a and b. im more of a cheeky bugger so wrote my own names in.

room atomic bomb will have mh down the middle row.

room big budz will be 100% hps.

it seriously doesnt matter to me, but if you do 1 room all mh and 1 room all hps, the mh will be lacking half a million lumens for the same heat and cost. hps always made sense to me. but now that i think about it, any more rows like this will be centre blue for veg because thats all u need, and outer rows red. i believe they say a blend of both is superior, so we are doing our own experiment.

Attachments

• DSCF1209.jpg
    DSCF1209.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1212.jpg
    DSCF1212.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1208.jpg
    DSCF1208.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 14
  • user7692 pic12804 1233677856
    user7692 pic12804 1233677856
    56.4 KB · Views: 28

dmt

Veteran
dec 31 the babies

dec 31 the babies

so the plants all average over 25 inches.

the bubble skunk haze are a spectacular specimen. ive never grown a haze like this before.

an eccentric bloak named the medicineman bred this one and gave it to me for a up and very happy high. ive seen other rooms with it and it will double in size over any other strain. its stalk smells like bubble bum. the medicineman swares there is no"bubble gum in it". its the most pungent bubble skunk ive smelled on any variety. it grows perfect interdode space, huge haze leaves, and loves food and abuse.
the community salutes you medman, thanks abunch. the guy was just featured in "canadas super seeds" in hightimes this month. he never disappoints. he smoked some bs haze with me and man, ive never felt pain killing and happy energetic at once. so happy high. the nugs had the tallest standing trichomes ive ever seen, he claims its the 50% haze in the hybrid. it has that what i call terpenpine smell, like paint remover x pine cones, which is also the haze influence. no one ever has sativas in bc, especially the medical area. this strain may change that fast, we'll see.

i got my ha og cut from the medman too. out of the 3 he has, he says this one is the best all around for yield, vigor, smell, stone."the most medical" he said.

the blue widow reeks like neither parent, but it is far from even flowering, so we will see

Attachments

• DSCF1213.jpg
    DSCF1213.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF1214.jpg
    DSCF1214.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1215.jpg
    DSCF1215.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 16

dmt

Veteran
planting day finaly

planting day finaly

gotta get em to where they are goin. most are over 3 feet now.

to plant, all you do is cut an x, plop in the cubes, and place the drip line by the stalk.

Attachments

• DSCF1238.jpg
    DSCF1238.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 11
  • Vertical living soil planting 18 inch tall plants almost finished
    Vertical living soil planting 18 inch tall plants almost finished
    78.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF1240.jpg
    DSCF1240.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF1241.jpg
    DSCF1241.jpg