What's new

med-mans medical film technique

T

the med man

the plants are scrogged. so they may be 3 feet long but only 2 feet tall. it really depends on what you are growing. sativas ned almost no veg and can finish4 feet tall. each big bud gets a 6 inch square to grow in, its designed for 3 600's or 2 1000's.

if i had a 16x 16 id buiul 3 tables, 12 feet long, 4 feet wide with 1 ftt between the walls and tables respectfully. heres some 12 foot long 4 foot wide tables in a 10x15 area, the patient had 6 lights that were vertical that i dont recommend, and 53 plants. got 12 pounds of very chunky painkiller with powderey mildew issues and 7 days veg,

mm

S

shuswap

looks nice were arfe going to use a different room now but would like somehelp,d told me to ask u here but will a card only be enough or do u want the production license,what would work better for you,i dont have more then the signed papers from the doc now andmy patients license is expired hes been waiting 4 months for new one to show up,letmeknow thanks man

T

the med man

hopefully this tutorial will help. i do not visit any production site without it being authorized by health canada. all the info is in this thread, and is strictly for medical/entertainment purposes only.

i should be at d's tomoro wrapping up finally. the place needs a door and hallway made. my basemnt is getting vapor barriered and couple final touches too. il take pics of the little guys as well. i like to run new rooms at least a week without plants, even thought there is kill switches for heat. its nice to warm them up first

mm

highonmt

Veteran
hopefully this tutorial will help. i do not visit any production site without it being authorized by health canada. all the info is in this thread, and is strictly for medical/entertainment purposes only.

i should be at d's tomoro wrapping up finally. the place needs a door and hallway made. my basemnt is getting vapor barriered and couple final touches too. il take pics of the little guys as well. i like to run new rooms at least a week without plants, even thought there is kill switches for heat. its nice to warm them up first

mm

Med Man,
Thanks for your generosity in detailing your techniques as well as for returning to ICmag. Please ignore the negativity that we are burdened with most folks here are very kind and knowledgable.
So I just built a table in my room and I'm off to pick up some panda and cloroplast this afternoon. I have a few questions. First the dryer vent loop in the last pics; is that just a cover for the feed line? 2nd do you use a fitting for the drain or just a hole in the plastic liner? and finally the flow rate could you show a pic of the drip line in action? Or maybe just describe; it a drip? a trickle? a steady stream? I am worried that too high a flow early on will just lead to stem rot in the rw cubes. Thanks again for showing us this system I'll post pics and I'm sure more questions soon.
HM.

cyat

Veteran
Medman,
Lovin your style bro! You spoke about not liking vertical lights, whats your take on em? Ive done both several times and horizontal scrogs keep winning even tho the current trend says vert is better. Can you hip me to how you incorporate organics into your hydro w/out running into problems?

T

the med man

Med Man,
Thanks for your generosity in detailing your techniques as well as for returning to ICmag. Please ignore the negativity that we are burdened with most folks here are very kind and knowledgable.
So I just built a table in my room and I'm off to pick up some panda and cloroplast this afternoon. I have a few questions. First the dryer vent loop in the last pics; is that just a cover for the feed line? 2nd do you use a fitting for the drain or just a hole in the plastic liner? and finally the flow rate could you show a pic of the drip line in action? Or maybe just describe; it a drip? a trickle? a steady stream? I am worried that too high a flow early on will just lead to stem rot in the rw cubes. Thanks again for showing us this system I'll post pics and I'm sure more questions soon.
HM.

the vent is what it is, it allows any hot air out and any cool air in. i like alot of air movement in the room, and this vent is kitty corner to the drain.

the drain is a just a hole in the wood/poly.

the flow rate is a slow but steady stream until roots hit the table. then steadily increased to full throttlle by flush time.

like i said, ive never donr better with horizontal set ups then these, and appreciate your appreciation and anyone else who may like the mft's

mm

T

the med man

Medman,
Lovin your style bro! You spoke about not liking vertical lights, whats your take on em? Ive done both several times and horizontal scrogs keep winning even tho the current trend says vert is better. Can you hip me to how you incorporate organics into your hydro w/out running into problems?

can you please quote where i say i dont like vert light set ups...?lol

becuase 95% of all my set ups are vscrog and bare bulbs respectfully. (look at my basement pics)

when it comes to organics, you want to stick to teas and fulvic acids. humics and the similar types will rot the roots becuase of the gunk and algea that comes with them. this sytem was originally designed for gh 3 part 25 years ago. i switched to advanced 8 or 9 years ago now, i forget when they started. i rock 75% organic recipes with ease. im working on a full organic mix as we speak,

mm

cyat

Veteran
the patient had 6 lights that were vertical that i dont recommend

misunderstood thanks for the info

T

the med man

lol that is my misunderstanding, sorry.

i talk too alot of people, and sometimes vertical is refering to just bare, becuase 95% of all my clients dont have reflectors anymore.

vertical lighting is fine for veg and commercial grows. i find with bell lr's, adjustawings and horizontal grow star types an increase in quality and quantity and crop decreased cyclr times are very noticeable.

that room had 9 lights in it before with dirt beds and the guy was getting 5-7 pounds of juicy fruit. in 1 shot with 6 lights but same plant numbers there was 12.5 of purple pain
killer. we did have the work, for half the cost and doubled the yield, well more then doubled becuase the medical value of ppk to jf is 4 to 1 if not more. these are the most recent pics i posted. with 2/3 the power

mm

S

shuswap

are u not legally allowed to grow once allpapers have been signed by doctor?

cyat

Veteran
i talk too alot of people, and sometimes vertical is refering to just bare, becuase 95% of all my clients dont have reflectors anymore.

vertical lighting is fine for veg and commercial grows. i find with bell lr's, adjustawings and horizontal grow star types an increase in quality and quantity and crop decreased cyclr times are very noticeable.

So you normally do bare bulb but see an improvement with these three hoods over others? I got an adjustawing and it is giving me bigger buds and yield than my other hoods.

T

the med man

in bc most med growers want to grow 1 plant per bulb, like a checker board xoxoxo etc.

the mfts with 15 plants per table as originally designed is for 2 kw or 3 600w horizontals.

adjustawings are by far the most superior rflector. i can veg a 5 x 10 area with 1 600.

bell lrs are for smaller areas, and still very intense. my basement has lighting 360 degrees around each plant, so it isnt a typical mft set up, but the same system used,

mm

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran

ps the system like d's with 15 plants per table takes no more then 70-75 days with lil guys prevegged in 3"rw for 2 weeks tops. i think my plants woll be more around the 90 day mark if i take them 10-11 weeks tops. the bh and mmhb with hydro gas and a good recipe be taken down 2 weeks early uoc

the vent is what it is, it allows any hot air out and any cool air in. i like alot of air movement in the room, and this vent is kitty corner to the drain.

the drain is a just a hole in the wood/poly.

the flow rate is a slow but steady stream until roots hit the table. then steadily increased to full throttlle by flush time.

like i said, ive never donr better with horizontal set ups then these, and appreciate your appreciation and anyone else who may like the mft's

mm

Just a quick look in & seeing new progress & pics ....just wanted
to assure the OP that so far, its been very entertaining ! ;)

Hey MM , see you've tripled up the coroplast in the cozy little 4ft x12ft setup , now i see... & that makes sense . I too was a little confused at that dryer loop arrangement coming out of one corner of the table ...but since your the genius will just say it looks cool ...ventilation to the roots then ?

Not seeing see anything but bare wood underneath the coroplast , so this has been spar varnished or such ? Again nice, cozy , intensive (without back breaking ) controllable set-up ...looks very efficient . Another IC'er is doing some NFT tubes he created with stock 6x6" fence posting from Home Depot but like this table approach too for more root space . Anything to get away from tons of media hauling in & out , unless you have a large garden like DMT has to throw into .

* Bet there's one great big mass of roots at the end of the run but thats easy to deal with rather than mass of RW or hydroton or medium to toss & lump around in & out after etc ...keep the updates comin .:wave:

(dont work too hard !)

;)

best regards

madrus

T

the med man

hey,

the coroplast is for all the tables, easier to cut all at once then seperate lol,

those tables were lined with vapour barrier, the 5 foot x 100 foot roll type. its doubled up for maximum leak protection, (what i mean is the 5 foot is not unfolded to 10 feet)

mm

highonmt

Veteran
Med man,

So the hole you are showing cut in the bottom of the trough in this pic
attachment.php

is the drain then?

and this duct?
attachment.php

It looks like it just loops from the cover to the bottom of the trough?? I guess it is still a bit unclear. Does it run under the table to a can fan? is it passive?if a fan do you suck the air out and pull new air in through the net pots? Sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to figure it out.
HM

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
hey,

the coroplast is for all the tables, easier to cut all at once then seperate lol,

those tables were lined with vapour barrier, the 5 foot x 100 foot roll type. its doubled up for maximum leak protection, (what i mean is the 5 foot is not unfolded to 10 feet)
mm

Doh ! Never worked with coroplast but nice lite material solution & easy to work with . A little worried that there would be some bowing/flex in the middle as ur usin 2x6" & might be some give ? I would tend to select 4" net pots to seat down in & givea lil room for the 3x3 r/w u veg in your Med grow ?

Vapor barrier as in panda film? See u guys use that term alot in your set-ups ,
not sure which material ?

If those be 12ft , i count 9 sites length wise by 3 wide giving 16" center to center ?
Which is nice & roomy . And lit by three 600s alternating HPS & Halide verticle ??

questions questions ! ;)

T

the med man

^^^

d's tables are made with wood lids. so no bow. in the pics of the condo (12 fters) there is 6 inch net pots stacked to lid height for support.

you can use reflective poly, or vapour barrier for insulating houses if u are a noob, and dont want issues. u can make these tables in various wasy with many different materials.

those are 18 inch centres, with 3 100 watt hortilux bulbs per side. that grow was not mine but a patients, and i cant and dont force people to use things they dont want to buy,

look at the 15 plant tables in the first couple pics, that is a definitive lid/set up. 30 plants for 4 kw, the baskests are literally 1 3/4 inches from the edge, spread out to the max. plants perform way better with less plants then 1 plant ft2

mm

hoping for more pics showing nft and more workings of your system mm. i really like it and would like to do the 4 x 12 version. do u put the rockwool right in the net pots bby itself or soround with clay pebbles. can you explain the vent a little better. im confused with the hole cut in the bottom of the table for it, doesnt that cause problems with leaks and such. thats for this tuttorial, really inspiring.

T

the med man

hey guys i will repreat,

there is a hole in the lowest corner for a drain, and a hole in the highest corner IN THE LID for a vent. cool air may come in thru the drain and hot air may escape thru the duct. it has been proven over many years to be beneficial for root mass and yield. thats just a part of the system. saw an extra hole in the last/highest row of plants,

when it comes to the baskets, thee are many alternatives: rooted clone in hydroton, basket filled with rw mini cubes, just a 3 inch rw covered by b/w poly, 3 inch rw with hydroton, any variation of sure to grow media,

mm