What's new

med-mans medical film technique

highonmt

Veteran
dude, if your talking about the plants you showed pictures of on 6-7-11..those plants are seedlings bro. they should hardly need any nutes at all...no matter what hydro system you use.

Kush, I do know how to grow, in fact I've just finished our last harvest in warehouse #1 80lbs.from 65plants A-A+ ..and that was fighting to get the owner to stop "tweaking" things to make it "better" or we would have pulled more. I have been growing this plant since the 80's in soiless mixes mainly , which is what I run in the warehouses. Last year I started playin with active hydro and had good harvests in rdwc,r recirc drip, and hempy. It's been great but I'm still learning every day thats why I'm on this forum alot I love learning from people who have mastered a grow style. The reason I want to learn from med man is 1 he kills it, 2 he kills it and three this system has no heavy lifting or media to deal with....see I have a very good friend with aggressive ms and these tables are for him. I'm just trying to get this method dialed (and I will keep trying and asking questions till I do) so I can teach my bud to grow his buds from a wheel chair. I appriciate what you're trying to do but I'll defer to the med man on this stuff. Oh and this system had truly impressive root (4" in 24hrs) and stem growth untill I added peroxide. The ionic nutes could have been incompatible with peroxide or I might have not stirred it enough, I changed to AN and low peroxide conc. if they don't recover I'll just try try agian.
HM

highonmt

Veteran
b52 is 1.25 ml/litre every drop of water from clone/seed to harvest(minus flush of course),

mm

Thank you man I appreciate it. I'll add it tonight. The plants are starting to get dark green at the meristems agian and roots are healthy and appear to have started growing again, ain't out of the woods yet but they will probably make it. I'm putting the extra plants from this run in soiless and have 25 clones starting in the aero cloner at work if these don't come back. I'll get the new ladies in cubes as soon as they have 2" of root and start bottom watering to get em ready. Just bought a larger humidifier to bring rh up, and as soon as I can afford to fill the bottles they will get 1000ppm co2 Oh and Given the trouble you've had this run those plants look pretty damn stellar man. Thank you for all the time you've put in on this thread.

In closing I'd like to offer my apologies for posting your thread up like this just really want to make this work. I'll try to refrain for a while. Sending good Karma and positive energy your way...
HM

T

the med man

i know lol, they called kush afghani in the 70's 80's and 90's. be it the hindu kush has 2 sides of the mountain the most sought after specimens were from the afghani side. now with new generations taking the lead in the industry, there is alot more technicality in strain naming and branding, and not but least origin. and it would be nice if everyone stopped calling kush a sativa. there are 3 phenos of kush plants mainly. i is afghanica, the squatest fattest plants, the second is indica, similar to afghanica pheno, and real kush pheno is whispy, skinny train wreck plants that flop all over the place. these plase were never hybridized with sativas, believe me. ive grown afgahnicas my whole life, and these are the 3 dominant kush phenos. whispy and lanky do not mean sativa, peace....

mm

Kush, I do know how to grow, in fact I've just finished our last harvest in warehouse #1 80lbs.from 65plants A-A+ ..and that was fighting to get the owner to stop "tweaking" things to make it "better" or we would have pulled more. I have been growing this plant since the 80's in soiless mixes mainly , which is what I run in the warehouses. Last year I started playin with active hydro and had good harvests in rdwc,r recirc drip, and hempy. It's been great but I'm still learning every day thats why I'm on this forum alot I love learning from people who have mastered a grow style. The reason I want to learn from med man is 1 he kills it, 2 he kills it and three this system has no heavy lifting or media to deal with....see I have a very good friend with aggressive ms and these tables are for him. I'm just trying to get this method dialed (and I will keep trying and asking questions till I do) so I can teach my bud to grow his buds from a wheel chair. I appriciate what you're trying to do but I'll defer to the med man on this stuff. Oh and this system had truly impressive root (4" in 24hrs) and stem growth untill I added peroxide. The ionic nutes could have been incompatible with peroxide or I might have not stirred it enough, I changed to AN and low peroxide conc. if they don't recover I'll just try try agian.
HM

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
ok have fun with that bro...

HM

highonmt

Veteran
ok have fun with that bro...

You bet.

mm this is an afganica collected in Afghanistan by an old grower friend. I love this plant it has a little taller thinner stature than the 'classic' indica and grows lovely tapering colas. The classic hash taste makes it a keeper. Grown next to white widow the resemblance is striking.
IMAG0055.jpg

T

the med man

day 65

day 65

so from the droughts, floods, too much/little flow, no a/c for 10 days total, clogged drain x 2 etc etc, they have had no issues for 15 days and are packing it on heavy.

the conkushions and headbands are still in the mix, the bubble hazes size was their demise in this case. too much stress and drought. i love the bubble haze. it inspired me to create the word terpenpine do to the fact it smells like bubblegum/haze/skunk/terpintine x pine cones. i already have the preveggers for this room ready, i have a feeling we will go 15 more days. so thats 80 days total.

if there was no stress and it was a perfect run il bet 70-75 days is all that would be needed. if im over in wieght at all any excess will go to the healing tree. the kcc depo is in the works but between breeding, my own lab being built and the 1000's of other lights we are managing its been put on low priority atm.

mm

Attachments

• DSCF1329.jpg
    DSCF1329.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1338.jpg
    DSCF1338.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1337.jpg
    DSCF1337.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1336.jpg
    DSCF1336.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1335.jpg
    DSCF1335.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF1334.jpg
    DSCF1334.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1333.jpg
    DSCF1333.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1332.jpg
    DSCF1332.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1331.jpg
    DSCF1331.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1330.jpg
    DSCF1330.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 11
T

the med man

day 65 bloom

day 65 bloom

more pics. never understood when folks said kush plants and like types dont yield. some of my biggest hauls and nugs have been kush plants and other afghanicas. aside from all my mistakes and arbitrary grow room discourse, the plants that made it will still be heavyweights, with quality to match,

mm

Attachments

• DSCF1348.jpg
    DSCF1348.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1347.jpg
    DSCF1347.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1346.jpg
    DSCF1346.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1345.jpg
    DSCF1345.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1344.jpg
    DSCF1344.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1343.jpg
    DSCF1343.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1342.jpg
    DSCF1342.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1341.jpg
    DSCF1341.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1340.jpg
    DSCF1340.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1339.jpg
    DSCF1339.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 15
T

the med man

day 65 bloom

day 65 bloom

for the last 2 weeks the ladies have been, what i call, octokushing lol named after my headband cut lol octokush. tops get heavy, plants bend downwards exposing side nugs, allowing the whole branch to ripen.

mm

Attachments

• DSCF1354.jpg
    DSCF1354.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1355.jpg
    DSCF1355.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF1353.jpg
    DSCF1353.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1352.jpg
    DSCF1352.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1351.jpg
    DSCF1351.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1350.jpg
    DSCF1350.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1349.jpg
    DSCF1349.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 14
T

the med man

day 65 bloom

day 65 bloom

the med-man headband in the last 2 pics should weigh no less then 2 pounds and be of the highest medicinal grade quality. imagine no hurdles, it would be 2 x that mass,

mm

Attachments

• DSCF1361.jpg
    DSCF1361.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1360.jpg
    DSCF1360.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1359.jpg
    DSCF1359.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1358.jpg
    DSCF1358.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1357.jpg
    DSCF1357.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1356.jpg
    DSCF1356.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 14

BCMaster

Hey there Med man, I'm checking out your system here and a couple of questions pop into my mind, if you wouldn't mind answering them I would appreciate it!

I'm wondering with a 100gal res feeding a 2 table room, how often are you changing your nutrient solution or are you just topping off throughout the crop?

When you first transplant the cubes into your net pots what gph drip emitters are you running and are these running 24/7 or on a cycle?

I have never been a big rockwool guy and would like to know what ph are you pre-soaking your starter cubes in and does this pre-soak solution consist of (nutrients)?

I also tried to find your feed schedule on your blog spot and I could not find it posted there. Could you post a link of please elaborate?

How many gph is your mag drive pump supplying your nft solution to your beds and what does your manifold look like that is supplying the solution at the top end of the sloped beds?

Thanks!

S

shuswap

http://growyourownmedicine.blogspot.com/2009/03/og-original-grower-feeding-programs.html

theres the link for the feed schedule,im at week 8 tomorrow and will start my flush then ,as far as emitters there are no emitters its just a valve near the pump that controls the flow and a 1/4 inch feeder line going into a hole in the sideof the basket.i ran mine for 1 hour on 2 hours off at a very slow rate till the roots hit the bottom of the table then increased.as fafr as the manifold goes its 1/2 inch tubing running along length of table with 1/4 barbs pressed in beside every row of plants,middle of the tableits 90ed to the other table and then they meet with a 90 to the pump,res is topped as needed and flusheed every 7th day as per recipe,enjoy

T

the med man

hey bcm,

sorry for the delay, but ive been very busy, and not updating or postingon the forums, just my blog.

anyway

the res is about half full till about week 2 or 3 in bloom, with average of 7-10 days veg, where i never change the res till they flip, just hyox and top ups, i notice a real slow down in feed as the hormones change with the lights cycle, but once buds start to really bloom, they can devore 100 gal in half a week if not tended to.

so in veg no change, unless they need 2 weeks then every 7 days. weekly changes are always done in bloom. plants feed very heavy in this set up, and can handle high ppm too, if you dont change the res every week max, u will get rapid stunting from deficiency, especially with hashplants.

the feed in continuous, only unplugged for res changes or adding hyox, the whole way through,

******major tip ; becuase this system relies so much on hitting the root chambers floor to matt the roots, 18/6 photoperiod is mandatory. especially since the lids are lined with b/w poly. the plants need a break from the lights and the roots need crucial dark time to grow, especially w all the hyox being added. plants will be thicker, greener and grow faster under 18/6. its usually how i achieve the optimal 75 day turn over cycle. 10 days veg, 60 days bloom, 3 days ice and darkness.

i always saok rockwool in 5.0 ph for 24 hours, this always gives me a optimal 5.6 ph. the recipe is on the blog in the transplanting/cloning section of the "original grower" thread

go to "original grower recipes" on the blog.

all i have is a mag drive, usually model 5 or 7 with a male hose adaptor connected to 1/2" feed line. the line runs the length of the aisle of both tables one each respectfully. 1/4" nipples connect a tube from the feedline into 1/4 ' holes in the tops of the baskets. check out the dmt mft thread here, its all there, mm

Hey there Med man, I'm checking out your system here and a couple of questions pop into my mind, if you wouldn't mind answering them I would appreciate it!

I'm wondering with a 100gal res feeding a 2 table room, how often are you changing your nutrient solution or are you just topping off throughout the crop?

When you first transplant the cubes into your net pots what gph drip emitters are you running and are these running 24/7 or on a cycle?

I have never been a big rockwool guy and would like to know what ph are you pre-soaking your starter cubes in and does this pre-soak solution consist of (nutrients)?

I also tried to find your feed schedule on your blog spot and I could not find it posted there. Could you post a link of please elaborate?

How many gph is your mag drive pump supplying your nft solution to your beds and what does your manifold look like that is supplying the solution at the top end of the sloped beds?

Thanks!

T

the med man

day 77 harvest

day 77 harvest

the resin production on the headbands were, as usual, insane. i really has that neon green/white look. big chunks, very smooth smoke.

the conkushions smell and taste so good. its nice becuase it tastes exactly how it smells. no cieling and hard to build an immunity makes this a medical fave in maple ridge, as thats where the parent clone originated. she is a very wierd plant to say the least.

in total there was about 7.5 pounds from 7 decent plants and one stressed one that never grew really after week 6-7ish.

not bad i guess, the quality is always there in mft's, but they really got abused in the time they had. there was vitrually no leaf, so trimming was a breeze. this is where alot of growers loose sight of the benefits of hydro growing. theres always a gain to every risk in life, especially in dirt vs hydro culture.

Attachments

• DSCF1407.jpg
    DSCF1407.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1406.jpg
    DSCF1406.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1405.jpg
    DSCF1405.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1404.jpg
    DSCF1404.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1403.jpg
    DSCF1403.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1402.jpg
    DSCF1402.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF1400.jpg
    DSCF1400.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1399.jpg
    DSCF1399.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1401.jpg
    DSCF1401.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1398.jpg
    DSCF1398.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 11
T

the med man

i like to use kiddie pools as a trim catcher. there are many benefits; its a perfect cirlce for a team to assmble around, its make for no clean up, it keeps all the trim nice and clean for hash, oil and budder production, keep the dehu on constant and 2-3 days of flipping the trim daily, fold kiddie pool, dump into container of choice,

Attachments

• DSCF1408.jpg
    DSCF1408.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1414.jpg
    DSCF1414.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1413.jpg
    DSCF1413.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1412.jpg
    DSCF1412.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1411.jpg
    DSCF1411.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1410.jpg
    DSCF1410.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1409.jpg
    DSCF1409.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 12
T

the med man

i couldnt believe how thick the root mattes were, not bad for an experimental converions of the table si usually rock. they did grow about 5 weeks longer then normal for mfts. clean up was a snap and i already have 1 set of 16' tables built and lined. check for the thread here soon

Attachments

• DSCF1441.jpg
    DSCF1441.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1440.jpg
    DSCF1440.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1439.jpg
    DSCF1439.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1438.jpg
    DSCF1438.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1437.jpg
    DSCF1437.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1436.jpg
    DSCF1436.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF1435.jpg
    DSCF1435.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1434.jpg
    DSCF1434.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1433.jpg
    DSCF1433.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF1442.jpg
    DSCF1442.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 10

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
This was a great read. I have pulled alot of info out and am going to try to implement a system after awhile. I am sure I will be back with questions....

Latest posts

Latest posts