What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_eagle

hey chevy

i dont know if you missed it but i am pretty sure i mentioned in the ss tips thread that she will throw nanners once past peak harvest

med-man

I was just going to say the same thing, every time I try to push it an extra week it always throws out nanners on me but most of the time there empty!

woolybear

Veteran
Hey Woolybear,
No I lay them out to dry for a couple days, til they feel almost crisp on the outside. Then I jar them and let the moisture re-distribute throughout the buds in the jar. Then air as needed to slowly get them down to around 60% rh. After the rh sits just above 60% and doesn't change anymore after a 24 hour sweat, I can store the buds for a really long time without worrying ( a year- no problem). During the first half year they wil cure on and continually improve in taste and smell. after half a year it gets somewhat conoisseury, I can't really tell too much of a difference in the following months ;-)

ah very cool, i'll try this. I have been air drying lik eyou but burping until the reach 50% RH. I like your plan

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey eagle,
Yeah the nanners were no problem at all. I pinched them off and that was it. no real threat in terms of pollinating anything...

thanks Woolybear, I guess you're fine with your 50% too... but I'd say you can go up to 60% without running into problems like mold or anything.

as long as the buds a re not all dried up crisp completely, the remaining moisture will keep the curing
process up and running...

Hey everyone, my cure is almost there I'd say, back asap with a couple pics, a recap of this test drive and the REAL important stuff aka "how's the smoke ?"

take care and stay safe,

cc

dannykarey

Sounds like they would do really well OD's with that fast finishing time, might have to some of these for next year.

Any mold?

Great job on the grow, keep up the good work!

Danny

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
good stuff chevy.

i gotta snag a pack to scratch med mans back.

Mines all busted out nanners where the nodes weren't getting light FYI

It needs more breeding to stabilize it and enhance a few traits.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like they would do really well OD's with that fast finishing time, might have to some of these for next year.

Any mold?

Great job on the grow, keep up the good work!

Danny

Hey Danny,
No no mold while flowering... True they're quick, only problem I see outdoors is when you can't get to them every day.
When I let them go a couple days too long they shot out nanners real quick.
Probably no big deal, but if you let them go an extra week, well there's going to be whole lotta plants playing with themselves ;-)

all the best

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After cure shots and smoke report

After cure shots and smoke report

Hi everyone,
Today I have some after cure shots and a smoke report for you.

At harvest I found I had four different phenos when it comes to stature and smell. Instead of harvesting and curing every single plant individually, I threw them together at this point.

The buds look pretty similar, anyways I'm posting one shot of every pheno...
The plants were quite different and the smell is like two different strains ;-)

Here's a bud from the first pheno ( #1&#6):
picture.php

The plants were real squat and easy to grow, no nute issues. The smell was spicy, cheesy/ roasted onions& garlic with a lemon twist. no blueberry here whatsoever... great smoke, the gourmet dinner in joint form. Real heavy, full & spicy with a lemony aftertaste par excellence.
Love this stuff, it's like eating, but you're really smoking. Heavy buzz, first up, then stone o saurus rex devours you. Relaxing, calming and sedative after the first up buzz. These two were also the first ones ready and the first ones shooting nanners.
for a less than 50day harvest real complex aromas and great high.

Here's th next one:
the first blueberry pheno! plants #2&#3:

picture.php

Also no issues growing these. Like the first pheno they tolerated full strength hesi nutes and were pretty squat.
However the smell of these is outta this world. Full fields of fresh, ripe blueberries and you'Re rolling around in them. No lemony, just heavy and sweet berry with a floral& earthy ( a bit like fresh hash?!) undertones.
Not really sure how else to call this...
The smoke... oh boy let me tell you about the smoke! I never knew smoke could taste like this, great. like a mix of hash and berry flavors. I want to breath this 24/7 through a gas mask with a bong attached hahaha.
However the taste doesn't linger around as long as the one from the first pheno.
The high also has an up first but I would almost call it narcotic after that...
I have benn taking it easy with my smoke for a while, so maybe I'm a bit sensitive right now....feels awesome, far out. Stone groove, man....

Now here's the tall, stretchy pheno, plant #4
picture.php

I cloned all 6 ladies I got and this one outrooted and outgrew the whole gang.
It was stretchier tan the rest and had a completely different appearance. taller, but not skinnier, the leaves were only slightly more thin-fingered than those of the rest... This bud smelled realy floral and lemony right after harvest... maybe a little hint of berries but no cheese/ garlic smell at all. The gal has the lightest smell & smoke of them all and also the most up high of the group, less body stone than her sisters. Since she grew bigger in the time given, she also yielded the most. This is a nice all around smoke. Quite intense but not as heavy as her sisters.

and finally we have this one pheno that's different from the all: plant #5

picture.php

I have to admit I probably didn't grow her to her full potential as I straight fried her at some point. She is so sensitive to nutes, that in the end I had to hand water her while the other were fed from the rez through blumats.
It's the full berry flash anyways though... maybe this is the one med-man talked about ( nute sensitive...) earlier.
also this baby was way more leafy than the rest, plus throwing the most foxtails of them all..
I flushed her way longer and more intense as the rest of the girls, but she still wouldn't show any yellow leaves aside from the curly/fried old ones from the nute overdose.
Smoke is probably the same as number 2&3 straight blueberries but less sweet, more fruity... without the hash undertones.

Well listen to me babble on trying to describe this... hope it all makes sense to you hahaha.
It sure does to me, ... ok let's wait til I sober up hahaha.

My summary:

A great & very quick strain. Maybe med-man can get them to loose the nanners habit if left a couple days too long. I guess this has to be said, even though I am very happy with the outcome of my little grow.
However that poses more of a problem when you plan to breed on with these.
Just to grow them- perfect, no problems at all. take em down at 45 days and you get great smoke with complex aromas and a great high- way better than all the 50 days strains I've had in the past.
I recommend this strain for everyone who's into smell & taste of smoke... and likes a good high.awesome man.

well, I guess that's it for this run!
Any questions, shoot.

Other than that I wish you all the very best,
take care, keep g(r)oin' and stay safe !!

cc

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice report

I had 2 expressions

1. The Big Mex, whatever it is. Anybody?
2. BB CC (this rocks me good)

I have 3 (maybe 4 now) pro smokers who have tried both. They prefer the Big Mex.

One said

"The BB CC is nice, I can work on it, but the Big Mex (what is it?) makes my face melt."

He placed his hands on his face to show me.

I'm getting ready to pop the rest of these. Hoping for 2 BMs to show up

One for each new tent and one new led lighting system (Solar Spec)

crazy_eagle

Great smoke report!! I have the same problem with the nanners if you push it past a certain amount of days. I got a bunch running outdoors so we'll see if it does the same thing.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great smoke report!! I have the same problem with the nanners if you push it past a certain amount of days. I got a bunch running outdoors so we'll see if it does the same thing.

Hey CE, I would love to see how these do outdoors ! How are they doing ? cheers, cc

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey checy

thanks so much for the detail

the last pheno you mentioned is exactly like the clone. looks like it too. mind you they all have the silver look over-all.

now. i have always been open about the nanner factor, and have always equaly talked about how fast they finish

if they start to show nanners, and you had a perfect no stressed out grow. then you have taken them past peak harvest, and at that point ignored my advice :)

just saying. not criticizing, condemning or complaining :)

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah no prob man, as I said, they're great to grow but you have to be on point when it comes to harvesting.
But even if you take em down a couple days too late like me--- the few nanners are not going to do anything... unless you really are a week or more too late...

good stuff

take care & all the best

cc

O

Oti$

I'm growing a couple of these right now, week 2 12/12,...so I should start the flush at around day45-49?(coco) it would be nice to have an 8week strain and from what I've read here and elsewhere everyone seems to be finishing around 56 days. Thanks for sharing the info, no d grow:D

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi oti$

um, she finishes 40-50 days. and i dont know your flushing method. i flush at least 10 dys in hydro and t least 15 days in pots

if that helps

med-man™

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahhh ! looking good eagle !
So that how they look if you let them grow naturally!
Mine are always trained so hard and defoliated hahaha it makes you forget the natural growth pattern at times !!
All the best for your grow crazy eagle & take care,

cc

O

Oti$

40 or 50 from flip or from the first sign of flowers? I would be quite pleased for a strain that quick, in my past experience I've not seen anything done in less than 60...maybe 56, thanks for answering med man. I know you are busy and its awesome that you take the time to answer posts. Thanks, mins are at week two, so we'll. See how fast my phenols are:D

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're real quick.While they might take a bit to show sex, after they do, you can almost sit down and watch them flowering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts