What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!
Status
Not open for further replies.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good call on the heat!

Thanks for the update too.

Will bet they smell good enuff to eat :)

med-man

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update 46th day of flower

update 46th day of flower

What's up everyone,
We're nearing the end of the grow here.
It's flower day 46 today and the ladies have been drinking water only for the last week.
I flushed the hell out of the coco until the runoff was the same ppm than the un PHd tap water I was pouring in ( app.200 ppm)

Here's the gang:
picture.php

buds have been swelling greatly over the last 10 days, this is a pleasure to watch ( and smell !)

picture.php

We're starting to see the first discolorations on the remaining fans, tomorrow the girls wil receive another full strip defoliation.
I think they will be done very soon, although they're all still shooting out new pistils...
and they're all starting to foxtail now. Maybe the PH shock from going from 5,8 to 8 ( unPHd tap water)? Or the heat? or the lack of nutes?
temps are 28C/82F day and 20C/68F night.
They certainly have not been going too long.
I'll monitor closely, so far I see all trichs cloudy but zero ambers.
Here's tall#4, she shows the most discolorations so far:

picture.php

So far I can say #5 is the most blueberrie in terms of smell. This is incredible.
She's also the most leafy one... and most sensitive to nutes and / or heat.
The others a great too, don't get me wrong, but #5 is just off the richter.

I'll keep you guys posted, next update will probably be chop already.

take care & stay safe,

cc

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm also noticing fox tails even though no cloudy trics

I adjust pH daily ~ 6.0, but it does rise quite a bit in early flush

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm also noticing fox tails even though no cloudy trics

I adjust pH daily ~ 6.0, but it does rise quite a bit in early flush

Yeah as I said, they're getting straight tap water at around PH 8 now for a week. Don't want them to take up any more nutes now.
How's the temperature around your girls ?
I was thinking maybe the heat makes them foxtail... but. my first guess is the much higher PH due to flushing...

cheers,

c

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah as I said, they're getting straight tap water at around PH 8 now for a week. Don't want them to take up any more nutes now.
How's the temperature around your girls ?
I was thinking maybe the heat makes them foxtail... but. my first guess is the much higher PH due to flushing...

cheers,

c

Using ac to keep temps between 78-83 + 12" fan blowing over canopy and led passive heat sinks

Comfortable

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey chevy

awesome dude! glad you are going to have some true blue cheese in your region!!!

i would say the new pistils are from the flushing and nothing more, plants always boost when flushed

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Allright, thanks for the replies guys !
I'll report more about the indivdual traits & smells of the girls asap

Greenlife1

Hey Chevy looking nice.
I have also noticed with a lot plants(genetics) that an excess of nitrogen late in flower with cause them to foxtail. doesn't seem to be the case with yours as your in flush an not 50 days yet. Anyway a little fox tailing isn't bad anyway.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Chevy looking nice.
I have also noticed with a lot plants(genetics) that an excess of nitrogen late in flower with cause them to foxtail. doesn't seem to be the case with yours as your in flush an not 50 days yet. Anyway a little fox tailing isn't bad anyway.

Thanks for the reply man, They're getting more yelow everyday now. Number 3 has started to throw nanners, probably because of the heat. Only a few here and there, I'll just pluck them off after misting the affected buds and keep going. We're nearly there anyways. cheers, cc

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey chevy

i dont know if you missed it but i am pretty sure i mentioned in the ss tips thread that she will throw nanners once past peak harvest

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey chevy

i dont know if you missed it but i am pretty sure i mentioned in the ss tips thread that she will throw nanners once past peak harvest

med-man

Hey med-man, No no I read that part and was well aware. I only didn't think it would be so much past peal harvest at only 50 days ! It came to my mind when I saw the first banana Anyways, awsome, nanners or not, I took care of the problem and chopped now after 50 days of flowering. No new pics as they looked exactly like last update ;-) I'm sure you know what kinda smell is in the air right now, wow !

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey chevy

k cool. ya they finish really fast for the most part :)

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beauty work Cc..DJXX

Hey DJXX, Thanks for the flowers! They're already jarred individually by now & burped daily. I'm blown away everytime I open the jars, wonder how that will be in 3 weeks from now hehehe. we're at around 70% rh in the jars right now. I'll continue to burp down to just above 60%, add bovedas and then leave them unopened for a couple more weeks before a thorough testing phase will take off ;-) all the best, cc

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Chevy

How much do u air them out for?

The aroma really evolves when fanned for a couple seconds :)

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Med-Man,
That's exactly what I do.
Right now after a 12 hour sweat the hygrometers ready around 70%rh, I put a fan over the open jars for a couple seconds, til the reading goes down to around 60%, then close the jars again and let them sweat for over night or over the day with the fresh air inside.
I'm not a friend of letting the jars sit open for hours or taking the buds out at all. A quick dose of lower humidity fresh air and on with the sweating!

woolybear

Veteran
Hey Med-Man,
That's exactly what I do.
Right now after a 12 hour sweat the hygrometers ready around 70%rh, I put a fan over the open jars for a couple seconds, til the reading goes down to around 60%, then close the jars again and let them sweat for over night or over the day with the fresh air inside.
I'm not a friend of letting the jars sit open for hours or taking the buds out at all. A quick dose of lower humidity fresh air and on with the sweating!

do you put your buds right int he jar or do you let the hang for a bit?

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Woolybear,
No I lay them out to dry for a couple days, til they feel almost crisp on the outside. Then I jar them and let the moisture re-distribute throughout the buds in the jar. Then air as needed to slowly get them down to around 60% rh. After the rh sits just above 60% and doesn't change anymore after a 24 hour sweat, I can store the buds for a really long time without worrying ( a year- no problem). During the first half year they wil cure on and continually improve in taste and smell. after half a year it gets somewhat conoisseury, I can't really tell too much of a difference in the following months ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.