What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Med-Man Mini Table under LED's from seed.

Cecil Lebowitz

Sorry bout that, guess your right, didn't even think about it so excited. Newbie mistake won't happen again. I have asked the mods to remove the photos. Thanks for the heads up, I agree whole heartedly. Hope I didn't step on anyone's toes.

Cecil Lebowitz

Clones bounced back in the nursery within 4 hours. I let the temp in the nursery get up to 88 degrees and the humidity close to 90%. Looks like they will need a week or so on my nutrient schedule before I place them in the table. I plan to FIM them tonight or tomorrow.

The seedlings look strong nice and dark green. There are still a couple that look weak and seem to be progressing really slow, but the rest seem really happy.

Attachments

• kaboom-strong.jpg
    kaboom-strong.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 4
  • seedling-4.jpg
    seedling-4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6

Cecil Lebowitz

Busy Day!

Busy Day!

Well got to FIM the clones this morning since everyone of them was looking happy again. I took a few photos of the FIM cuts and the tools I use.

The Nirvana seeds I dropped in water yesterday evening have allready popped a tap root all 4 of them. the regular freebie seeds all sank but none popped yet. I place seeds in plastic cups labeled with the strain name. Then I line the cups with strip of paper towel (the wick) and place the soaked or popped seeds between the cup wall and the paper towel. This allows the seed the be inspected and keep its moisture content just right. Works just as good as any other method. I place the cups in a dark warm place. I use a box cover in the nursery cab to keep the cups warm but in the dark. I use plain RO water at room temp.

I finalized my mother/veg cabinet today. I used a 80cfm bathroom exhaust fan wire to a 3 prong plug. I plan to plug the fan into a cruise-temp to control the temp in the veg cab separate from the flower room. I got the reflectix on the ceiling of the cabinet and the exhaust fan works awesome. I bring cool air in from the opposite lower corner and ran a duct out and towards the back of the room. The exhaust duct is just dumping onto the flower room floor behind the humidifier.

So now I have three different controllable climate zones in one space.

More to come!:smoke out:

Attachments

• cabcoverfan.jpg
    cabcoverfan.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
  • cabopenback.jpg
    cabopenback.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
  • fiming3.jpg
    fiming3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 6
  • fiming2.jpg
    fiming2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4
  • fiming1.jpg
    fiming1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
  • cabcovershroud.jpg
    cabcovershroud.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 6
  • fanwire1.jpg
    fanwire1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 4
  • fanwire2.jpg
    fanwire2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 4
  • cabcoverinstalled.jpg
    cabcoverinstalled.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 4

Cecil Lebowitz

More Pics of the seeds germinating and the Veg cabinet.

Attachments

• germinate2.jpg
    germinate2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 4
  • rasCough2.jpg
    rasCough2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
  • germinate1.jpg
    germinate1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4
  • rasCough1.jpg
    rasCough1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 4
  • whiteRhino1.jpg
    whiteRhino1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5
  • germinate3.jpg
    germinate3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 4
  • germinate4.jpg
    germinate4.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4
  • germinate5.jpg
    germinate5.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 4
  • VEGcab1.jpg
    VEGcab1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4
  • VEGcab2.jpg
    VEGcab2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 5

Cecil Lebowitz

Screens for LED

Screens for LED

So I built some light reflecting screens out of the extra Reflectix and 1X2's I had to encase the medical film table under the LED light. Once I get the ladies in there I will do some light LUX measurements at the plant canopies for light dissipation differences at certain heights.

Attachments

• screens2.jpg
    screens2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 5
  • screens1.jpg
    screens1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 4
  • screensLED3.jpg
    screensLED3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4
  • screensLED2.jpg
    screensLED2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 5
  • screensLED1.jpg
    screensLED1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 6

ghostmade

Veteran
Looking good.dont worrie about it man.just a heads up for future reference.ive gotten bean in some creative ways.i wish i could post em.but dont.ive had packs opened and they still didn't find my beans(all though they did get the freebies).so yeah.be easy brother

Cecil Lebowitz

I got the White Rhino and the Ras. Cough planted in their places in the nursery last night. They all had almost an inch long tap root.

The other seedlings are exactly 7 days old. So far just 2 of the 13 seeds that sprouted seem to have been stunted or maybe I damaged the tap root during planting, who knows? Or maybe my nutes are to strong and I stunted them? Time will tell.

Since I am just starting out its a little hard for me to follow the law of 4 even though I would like to. I plan to take the best females i get from all these seeds and clones and veg them in the mother cabinet to take clones from. I was going to run the clones I purchased in the table to just have something growing there (impatient), but I have decided to allow the plants to mature a little so I can be selective. I am keeping a very detailed log and have been tracking and recording all that I do.

Looking forward to adding some MGM genetics from Med-Man to the stable.

Latest pics, the wife decided she needed to help and created all those nice little name tags for my babies. We couldn't find any blank tags so she made these by cutting up a plastic "For Sale" sign we got at the hardware store for $1. Worked great!

My RO water is sitting in the storage bins at 6.0ph 20ppm 44 degrees.

My nutrient supply is 5.8ph 650ppm 72 degrees.

Attachments

• Nursery-1.jpg
    Nursery-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 3
  • rasCough3.jpg
    rasCough3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
  • whiteRhino2.jpg
    whiteRhino2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
  • seedling-5.jpg
    seedling-5.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 3
  • ROsupply.jpg
    ROsupply.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 3
  • seedling-nutes-1.jpg
    seedling-nutes-1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 5

woolybear

Veteran
hey cecil,

regarding the h2o2, be careful, don't let it contact your skin - it burns!

also, i've found that h2o2 cures droopyness in the simple med man system. Two days ago my rock star's leafs were droopy, so I added about 3ml a gallon (or whatever medman's ratio was) and it cured the droop in a couple of days.

i probably just let a few too many days pass without the h2o2, letting some bugs get into the system. No mas!

HarvestMoon303

Well got to FIM the clones this morning since everyone of them was looking happy again. I took a few photos of the FIM cuts and the tools I use.

How does FIM typically work out for you? I just top (once) and end up with something that looks pretty nice, but I tried FIM on one of my girls in veg, and it just grew cut leaves from that node and continued up as one stalk, so I am assuming that I missed, which I also assume is common.

Cecil Lebowitz

Yeah The whole "Fu?k I missed" thing, well the irony here is that it's actually hard to miss.

You cut the top two leaves in half and not the terminal shoot. I have heard of guys bending a razor blade into a u shape, but never seen it done. i use a magnifier glass with a light on it to make sure I cut right at the point I need to. There are a lot of diagrams out there showing ideally where to cut.

Remember be sterile! Good luck.

Last edited:

Cecil Lebowitz

Clones subjected to newbie torture!!!!!

Clones subjected to newbie torture!!!!!

I took the top off my table in prep to place the clones in as a learning experiment. I needed to put a vent in the table top, I know the duct work isn't pretty but it works.

The RO storage system I had originally put together with two 37 gallon tubs connected via a bulkhead fitting leaked!

So i got these two 27 gallon yellow top tubs on sale, and they are more sturdy then the others. Think I will keep them separate and just pay attention to my refills from now on. Not like I need hundred of gallons a day.

I don't think I ever showed the front of my room after I finished it. You can see my make shift intake system on the right.

I put my new C.A.P.S. 5" net pots with white lids in the table for a test fit and to disinfect with H202.

I transplanted the clones into net pots with GS-1 Growstone.

I think I over fed a few of them and I think they have root rot. I am going to trim off droopy foliage and start feeding them in the table with H202 and nutes. If they make it great if not lesson learned.

Got the table running with H202 for disinfecting and got a good flow out the drain. let the system run for 24 hrs. Then I drained the cleaning solution and added RO water and my special tea to the reservoir for the first time!

Looks like I may have lost 5 out of 9 of the clones from over watering. Oops Newbie mistake!

I placed all the clones in the table once the reservoir temps reached 68 degrees. 4 out of 9 are doing awesome, 2 are questionable and all 3 Big Bud clones I think will die. Oh well. More clones coming on Sunday to fill in the rest of the table for this experimental run.

The seedlings look awesome and healthy 10 days old now still just feeding plain RO water sprayed tops and humidity dome only. The Nirvana feminized seeds have not disappointed, they have sprouted and grown almost 3 times as fast as the bag seeds.

More to come, hope the Kaboom clones recover by morning!

Attachments

• tablenotop.jpg
    tablenotop.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3
  • tablevent.jpg
    tablevent.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 4
  • newROstorage.jpg
    newROstorage.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 3
  • frontdoor.jpg
    frontdoor.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
  • intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4
  • nirvanaseed-5.jpg
    nirvanaseed-5.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 4
  • seedling-6.jpg
    seedling-6.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 3
  • tabledrain.jpg
    tabledrain.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 3
  • transplant.jpg
    transplant.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
  • blanktable.jpg
    blanktable.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 5

Cecil Lebowitz

More beans!

More beans!

I placed 5 out of the ten freebies I got from Nirvana when I got the White Rhino & Raspberry Cough feminized. 2 of those sprouted, took a while for them to sprout but who knows how old these seeds are.

I placed the sprouted pair in some rock wool grow cubes this morning and labelled them. Put them under the humidity dome in the nursery so in a couple weeks we will see what we got.

Well looks like after almost 24 hours of the clones in the table I only lost the three Bog Bud clones. The 2 Kaboom clones that I trimmed off there foliage, seem to be coming back and with the recent FIM job they look like little buds on a stick with all the tops they are producing now.

(STRAIN NOTE: KABOOM RESPONDS AWESOMLY TO FIM)

I have the pumps running 24/7 and last night was the first time I put them in the dark. I switched the timer from 24/0 to 18/6.

In case anyone else is wondering why not stay with a 24/0 light cycle to increase veg, because these clones are not seedlings and are mature enough to need the dark to help store up sugars and assist the plant with natural growth changes within the plant. Hopefully they will respond in kind now. I have had them on a 24/0 light cycle since they came home with me. I inspected them for pests, even though I trust the grower I got them from, he is extremely anal and uses a very strict IPM system. Picking up 3 more Day Wrecker clones from him this Sunday to fill in the spots where the Bid Bud clones where.

More to come. :dance013:

woolybear

Veteran
I almost killed my current plant by overwatering. my current rule is no feeding at night and 4-5 pumps a day.

in my case the overwatering caused brown roots which set me back a week or two. nuking the res and using h2o2 solved the issue.

Good luck!

Cecil Lebowitz

Update!

Update!

Sorry been away so long. Been super busy lately. Well we are 5 weeks from seed today and the plants are looking good.

In my last post I had transplanted the clones I got into the grow stone and net pots and placed them in my table under the LED on a 18/6 light cycle and no luck it was to much for the young root system. I killed off 3 out of 9. It was to much for them to handle and they all developed root rot. I treated with a heavy dose of H202 and got the roots back on 6 of them. Decided to grow these out as mothers in soil to take cutting from in the future.

So on to soil! Something I know!

Got the veg cabinet all ready to go with trays and 4" square pots. I plan to attempt to bonsai these mothers.

All the seedlings and clones that survived got transplanted into pots with Fox Farms ocean mix and 1" layer of grow stone in the bottom.

I have been feeding Lucas formula for CFL's at half strength comes out to around 350ppm I feed when they dry out. I plan to cut that back to around 200ppm after topping and the first set of cutting are taken.

I built a 36 place DIY EZ cloner, this way I can take my best 9 cutings to transplant to the table when I'm ready.

Plan on topping them next week, then in a couple weeks or so take the first set of cuttings and trim back bonsai style.

I plan to sex the cuttings under 12/12 light cycle with 600w LED, hopefully by keeping temps high and humidity high when they were young they are all female! Wishful thinking anyway! LOL

So here are the photos of the progress, starting out with an empty veg cabinet all the way to photos from this morning.

More to come.

Attachments

• 30dayscloseup.jpg
    30dayscloseup.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 30days.jpg
    30days.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 3
  • soil1.jpg
    soil1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 4
  • wholeroom.jpg
    wholeroom.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2
  • VEGcab3.jpg
    VEGcab3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 35daysall.jpg
    35daysall.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 35daysPlan.jpg
    35daysPlan.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 35dayscloseup.jpg
    35dayscloseup.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2

Cecil Lebowitz

Well guys here we are at week 8 from seed. The plants were topped last week and some responded better than others. Have been feeding half strength nutes or less. 24hrs after topping I fed all plants 800ppm and so far everyone seems happy.

I got spider mites on one of the clones I got from a buddy a while back. Thankfully I found them early and isolated that plant. I used mighty wash as a foliar spray, and fed everyone straight r/o water with a light azamax mix.

I treated every 3 days with the mighty wash and took a leaf sample from the infected clone and took a peak under the microscope. Was able to keep track of all stages of life cycle like this and witness the demise! 4 treatments in and no signs of eggs or larvae.

If you don't have a microscope I highly recommend one! Being able to see what the naked eye cant really gives you a great perspective of the intrinsic way plants are structured.

Went to the Cannabis Cup in Denver yesterday and got some new genetics!!!!

Elemental Seeds - True OG (the SOCAL original)
Elemental Seeds - Trueberry
Sin City Seeds - Tangerine Power
Colorado Seed Bank - PCK-Sweet Tooth

So stoked, got to meet and talk with a lot of great growers, breeders, and connoisseurs. A little to crowded but besides that it was amazing.

Ill post some pics tonight of my progress. Going to Germ some of those seeds today!

More to come,

HAPPY 420 TO ALL!!!!:party:

Cecil Lebowitz

been a while since I updated this post. Sorry been super busy.

Well I gave up on the whole Med-Man table thing. To much work for me, and not enough results. I might try it again someday but for now I am just going to what I know.

I am currently at day 40 of flower of my second cycle. The first cycle wasnt even a real cycle it was just a sexing group I decided to flower to taste the cured bud from as to make a decision on the breeding I planned to do with this Bag Seed Indica strain I have.

Well guys I grew the males and females out, did the breeding with one selected male that had great vigor, good stacking of flowers and was super sticky with three different phenos of the same strain. A true Sibling Cross. I harvested roughly about a hundred seeds from the three females. These were cuttings that were rooted and sexed so basically a 12-14" tall cutting with a single cola and bud on top, and I selectively pollinated just the bud sites I wanted with the tip of my finger. Resulting in a low number of seeds but let the pheno hunt begin.

After all this work, and after the buds were sexed, flowered, pollinated, and cured I am not impressed. The buds are compact and dense, they have a great what I call soapy smell to them. Super sticky and great little egg size buds spread out from node to node. almost zero stretch from veg to flower so would be awesome for a grow site with limited space or commando style cabinet grows. Will definitely grow them out one day and see what I got in there. Even though with these seeds being from the same parent, and only one generation away, I doubt the genetics for small low yielding short plants has been kicked to far out yet.

I am looking for that super sticky med-large size Indica that has great yield and makes great tasting concentrates. The hunt continues and so does the breeding.

I currently have a Sin City Tangerine Power male pheno that is super sticky, piney, and grows like a beast. Definitely leaning more towards the Blue Power parent but still holding the Agent Orange genetics for great Terpenes and Trichomes. I got a pack of 6 seeds back in April at the Denver Cannabis Cup and have popped 2 out 6 so far. Both males! the 3 I have remaining ( since I gave one away to a good friend in Alaska), still haven't popped.

I liked both males but as with any breeding program, I choose one that had more of the genetic traits I was looking to stabilize in the new crosses I had planned for it.

I crossed it selectively with 5 different strains. Cant wait to grow some out.

Tangerine Power X True OG (Elemental)
Tangerine Power X True Berry (Elemental)
Tangerine Power X Sweet Tooth (Bag Seed)
Tangerine Power X White Rhino (Nirvana)
Tangerine Power X Ras. Cough (nirvana)

More to come.

It's still time to change your plan !

If you think flower with this led system, you will loose your time and your money. Those led panel are crap ! You think you have 600 w of led's ? You have 150 w of led's. So flowering with 150 w of lighting, just imagine ...
I did the test ! I put some healthy cuttings grown under T5, i put them under 600 w of you think watts, so 150 w actual, some plants did not even start to flower???!!! Not even 1 hair !!! Imagine...
I kept them 2 weeks like that, they did not drink their soup, so 15 liters. AFter i put them under real leds, 300 w of real led power, they suck their soup in 4 days...

I don't wanna be the guy who says " i know you don(t know " BUT i know that those led's are very bad...
And you can't spot a problem with this hue...

Cecil Lebowitz

While I go smoke some bud I grew on this very fixture. :moon:

Not the best yeah I know, but really? I pulled 6oz of cured bud from 12 clones 12-14" tall, that I flowered after sexing under these lights. Dense flavorful buds that are quite nice. I also took the best female from that group and vegged it 8 weeks to a 3 foot tall bush that I currently am on day 40 with so go bark up someone else's tree.

Just for sh!ts and giggles I pulled out the old LUX meter for you and took some measurements. Here are my results.

All measurements taken with meter held parallel to fixture 12" from light.
1000w Hortilux Super HPS = 82,000 lumens roughly
192w x3 Mars Hydro II = 41,000 lumens roughly
(2) 48" Agromax 54w T5's = 8,300 lumens roughly.

Take it for what it's worth not trying to be a dick but for what I use it for it works great.

Thank you!

Last edited:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice clean little setup!! IMO instead of using wool for clones i would go aero or DWC in a small container.. Then just drop them in the baskets with rocks and you wont have to worry about over saturation during the acclamation stage.. Best of luck!!

wicked idea dude.

i always wondered about that.

my main conclusion was to either pre veg med-man method style and grab the best 25% of the biggest baddest rooted plants to avoid the shock/tranisition perion, or, the traditional way was to just preveg in the baskest from a 1 inch cube into a 5 inch loosley packed with flock wool or the mini cubes. either way, once roots popped out the bottom, they would need full saturation 1-2 times a day anyway.

stoked this thread is happening, just found it!

med-man

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bummer

i just read the whole thread

med-man