What's new

MED GARDEN 101

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
I've seen this when there is a humidity dome touching the dome and too much moisture. Good idea to burp it or just lift up the dome and keep it off for like 2-3 minutes and wipe off the water drops. Do not let the plants sit in standing water.

G

Here are some pictures of my little spring harvest atempt.

Old PK mom:

Oddessy:

Purple:

Light hours are getting longer, so i don't know if they'll finish flowering or start reveging? Hopefully they'll keep flowering. But if they don't no biggy. I really like the looks of this "Purple" strain i got from the farmers market. Real stout and vigorus.

G

Thanks Scrappy! I might do that. Was thinking about maybe putting a box over each little plant for a couple hours before sunset, then take it back off after the sun is down. i don't know though cause thats a bit of work. and i need the space there taking up, to get a start my real(summer) garden planted and growing.

I like to toss tester clones outdoors, to test if they'll flower. If the testers flower, I wait to plant. If they grow i plant my garden.

A good day to plant is between Mothers Day and june 1st. So that your shit won't preflower.

medjool

GreenLion

I'm north of you, but if they are well in flower, they will finish. I have finished as late as May 7th or maybe a week later. I did use the shade cloth. Also, fyi, after you cut your flowers, if the plants reveg you will get the most amazing plant ever, it is worth the effort if it goes and this is when and how it will..... grows nothing like the first round, many many all tops, smaller, but many.... crazy.

:D

mrs m

darthvapor

is it okay to spray with phed water to clean my girls a few days before I harvest them? Or am I just asking for powdery mildew?

scrappy420 said:
You can make a simple wooden structure and tarp them. It sucks when they re-veg, believe me.

my plants are 2-3 weeks away from finishing. will they finish or start to reveg?

Last edited:

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Bugs Bugs Bugs

I have mites. Currently using safer 3 in 1 for control. And killing the bad plants. now im down to mothers and some clones i took lol.

darthvapor

scf- if the situation is that bad you could use a shop vac on the little bastards. I did that on the entire branches, then I sprayed with neem. 3 days later I sprayed with sm90 5 days later I sprayed with neem again and then sm90 3 days later and they were gone completly. I also totally cleaned and wiped down my whole grow with water and orange cleaner. Cant give those mites any chances to live because the reproduce so damn fast.

yutdawg

I battled mites for some time at 2 previous grow locations, the only long term solution is to close up shop temporarily , clean all your equipment, get rid of all plants including mothers, de-construct your room and start over with new materials. i know it sounds drastic but those fuckers are smart and well adapted.
For me first it was neem, then the foggers (pyrethrium), then avid (which by the way is really nasty stuff) and having done all these things the mites never went away. they can actually go dormant wait for the systemic products to wear off then re-infest. my mites loved neem is was like a psychedelic for them. dont bother with predators either the predators basically keep a few mites alive, to continue to have a food source. they gotta eat too. So the first time you use a non-selective pesticide for gnats, pm, ect. you kill the predators and the remaining mites re-infest
this problem kept me up at night, seriously

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
yes and those near buds would explode into a leafy mess. Go tarp them and do it every day untill they clearly bud hard. Otherwise by by buds because days are getting longer and being photoperiod specific, they will veg instead of flower.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol "retarping" my sweet tooth seems just fine right now in the conservatory

meduser180056

darthvapor said:
if it was a defeciency youd think the ec of the run-off would be less? Now im stumped. update the post when you figure it out. Im curious!

Here's what happened...

I foliar sprayed with maxi-crop seaweed twice, cal-mag+ once, and PBPB once all at reduced strength. All the foliars really helped and seemed to keep the problem from getting worse on the plants that were affected and no new ones developed problems either. I did these foliars while I was waiting for the pots to get lighter after the flush I did cuz i realized they were overfed.

I let the pots get nice and light again and then I fed them with a full strength solution PBPB 17ml/gal cal-mag6ml/gal. 1.8-2.0 EC

To be honest not all of the pots were totally light, but I didn't want to have a staggered watering so they all got watered and fed.

After the feeding they all came back around and started looking super lush.
I fed them with 1.8 EC and the runoff came out 1.8 EC so I'm pretty sure after the flush they were left with not enough nutes in the pots.

So to make a long story short I'm fairly certain it was a deficiency caused by too much nutes and then not enough nutes combined with pots that were too wet due to the flush. The root system was so small cuz they had recently been transplanted into those pots so it took them forever to use up the water in the pot after the flush.

It really set me back time wise but they've pulled through. A good flush of the Sunshine mix before I transplanted would have saved me 2-3 weeks.

Last edited: