What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

McPpk

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Av, what up slick?

its not dialed in yet. I need better circulation in the room. I'm finding alot of water on under/on leaves where they have been laying on one another. So far it has presented no issues tho and they are all doing great.

I bought a 12" oscillating air king wall fan but have not been able to position it in such a small room - now that the VR is built I lost that 3x4 space where I used to put a 12" oscillating desk fan. The offset distance worked out really well with the fan sitting on the ledge and set back.

I can't place it high or it will draw down heat off the fixture and not sure if it is a good idea to blow that warm air down or not. I mount the wall fan low on the VR outside wall near the fresh air return but then it is blowing *below* most of the plants. the fan does not tip up past 90 deg either. So I think I need to create a custom base for it with an angle such that it blows more upward with the fresh air. always sumptin aint it?

But other than that yeah, its coming along nicely. my issues are more lack of knowledge and timing. grow system exceeds the grower's ability in my case. but yeah, it should be a good room that serves well.

hey whats your opinion for a veg light for my VR only got 3x4x5 to work with. i've checked out sun systems 315w LEC, dPapillon, but not sure if either is best for me. got the funds for a nice light but just want to get the right one for this application. don't plan to buy another veg light.

All comments appreciated

Mrrite008

Hey Av, what up slick?

its not dialed in yet. I need better circulation in the room. I'm finding alot of water on under/on leaves where they have been laying on one another. So far it has presented no issues tho and they are all doing great.

I bought a 12" oscillating air king wall fan but have not been able to position it in such a small room - now that the VR is built I lost that 3x4 space where I used to put a 12" oscillating desk fan. The offset distance worked out really well with the fan sitting on the ledge and set back.

I can't place it high or it will draw down heat off the fixture and not sure if it is a good idea to blow that warm air down or not. I mount the wall fan low on the VR outside wall near the fresh air return but then it is blowing *below* most of the plants. the fan does not tip up past 90 deg either. So I think I need to create a custom base for it with an angle such that it blows more upward with the fresh air. always sumptin aint it?

But other than that yeah, its coming along nicely. my issues are more lack of knowledge and timing. grow system exceeds the grower's ability in my case. but yeah, it should be a good room that serves well.

hey whats your opinion for a veg light for my VR only got 3x4x5 to work with. i've checked out sun systems 315w LEC, dPapillon, but not sure if either is best for me. got the funds for a nice light but just want to get the right one for this application. don't plan to buy another veg light.

All comments appreciated

Having air circulation both above and below your canopy would be ideal! Nanolux will be releasing their new cmh fixtures soon, preorder should be available in july!

av8or

Hey Av, what up slick?

All comments appreciated

I've been looking at that lec as well. For that space, it would certainly be worth a go! I've been using banks of t5s but I'm about over that. Test out that lec and let us all know how it goes!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've looked at both the commercial and consumer version of sun systems 315w LEC. My concern, although not much I can do about it, is my VR height of 60". the sweet spot on the 315w LEC is 18-24" above the plant. the consumer fixture is actually the least tall at 9.6" (12.3" for the commercial version). fixture plus 18" is 27.6". So max plant and grow system height is 60 - ~28 = 32".

i want to ppk the veg/mothers in a system fed off a new bulk res that will feed both FR & VR ppk from the lung room. so no more issues with timing the refill of the bulk res like I have now.

so I got 32" to play with if I go with the sun systems lec.

think I need a 4" gap even for a small system too dont you think? so there is 4" right there starting height

wonder how short a small ppk system can be made? D9? Av? whatcha think?

not sure what container size I'll use but no less than a quart and probably closer to a gallon. I want to go from root riot (starter plugs) to 8822 then only up pot when I transplant to the ppk tubs.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Having air circulation both above and below your canopy would be ideal! Nanolux will be releasing their new cmh fixtures soon, preorder should be available in july!

Whats the word on that fixture? I havent seen it

Mrrite008

Whats the word on that fixture? I havent seen it

315W and 630W horizontal mounted cmh fixtures, fully sealed commercial style design, amazing spectrum, with the light weight cool running nanolux ballast, operating range of 110-240v, NCCS (cloud control) ready!

Thats a brief description from instagr. I give Nanolux the edge over the competitors on price and customer service alone. As all the DE and CMH/LEC fixtures on the market are going to produce close to same results, production wise. Prices and preoders should be available early July!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bummer, did my morning check and spotted nanners on the ck or else it is straight up dick. Ill put some pics up before it gets culled tonight. I did some pruning last night but only took a few of the lower limbs and fans that were touching the media. Pruned the cc and the glp mostly. No way that triggered developed nanners over the course of the subsequent day.

That leaves me thinking was it room gardener or breeder. Chances are its one of the first two

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, before we delve into my current tale of woe, we'll get caught up with pics i've had for a few days

6 23 Group Shot

picture.php

6 23 VR

picture.php

6 24 Group Shot, all seemingly doing well

picture.php

6 24 CK trunk shot (the fucker) Look how good it looks. blown away that I would find nanners/sacks on it a couple days later

picture.php

6 24 GLP - this one cork screwed out of the root riot, but just look at that base. if you go just up from the knot an inch or so the stem is slightly wider than the lighter. love the wrapping root too

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 26 - Start of day 13 77F - These are pics from prior to the pruning i did last night. I mostly worked on the CC and the GLP, pruning lower leaves and larfy stuff. only took a few from the top. I pulled a few from the CK also since some of the larger lower leaves were resting on the media.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 26 SWD closeup

picture.php

6 26 SWD closeup #2

picture.php

6 26 GLP closeup

picture.php

6 26 GLP closeup #2

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 26 VR

picture.php

6 26 VR - closeup of clones.

picture.php

6 26 - Last pic of the start of day 13 of the group. This is post defoliation #1 and prior to finding the nanners on CK this morning. The SWD is hanging in there for what it has gone thru. apparently the CK throws in the towel and comes out of the closet

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess I'll take pics tonight and chop CK. Will put CK#2 in its place since that is all I have for a back up at present but I only recently topped it and its not really prime for flowering just yet. need to get the main veg light decided upon and ordered... that 24" T5 cfl light is underpowered for all but seeds and clone starts.

Honestly, i'm starting to reconsider it being the room or the gardener (it could be) and wondering about the seed itself. its 13 days into flower which is about the time males start showing, right? no experience with males so not sure what the CK is and whether I should call it Bruce or Kaitlyn

probably going to go to the hydro store and get some parts for VR ppk system and the new bulk res i want to plumb in as well.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 27 day 14 75.7F - not a good start to the day. From the door they all look great but not so

picture.php

here is a close up of the CK which I found what I think are nanners. opinions welcome but I gotta believe thats what I'm looking at and that this plant just needs to go.

picture.php

another spot on the CK. There are numerous spots like these so it isn't an isolated think. the CK is 27" high so its definitely not stunted. but it hasn't developed bud starts like the others.

picture.php

This was the really sad thing I found a bit ago. I think it is nanners too. this is the CC which I trained and screened. I've found a few of these isolated things which look like nanners to me also. for the most part I'm finding them singly underneath leaves and they are not too many. but i think this plant will be toast also.

picture.php

leads me to think I must have a light leak doing it or something I did while they were growing. when I built the vr I had to extend their days a couple of times by keeping them lit with an LED light but that was during veg so they got like 20 hours of continuous light a couple of times in veg. i didn't think that would harm them and they seem to have done fine til now.

I have an extension cord which has a red on/off switch and a green led. there could be some faint line coming out of the vr where the cords go thru but its mostly blocked. I didn't think that was enough to worry about. then there is the panel of the humidifier which is on top of the vr. that said, its pretty dark in there when I close the door.

whats the opinion on the above? my feeling right now is to cut em both and try to put the CK2 in one of the spots. I hope the GLP and SWD don't go the same way. The SWD is starting to set the best so far.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check that D9, the dude got tugged last night. If the cc turns out hermie then it is either my room or something i did that stressed them. No way the cc is a male. Probably a light leak. Will check that today.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How much light does it generally take to hermie an otherwise healthy plant?? I just checked my room again after lights out. Nearest the plants the biggest light source is the red on/off switch on a power strip bar and the green led "on" indicator. That has only been there a couple of days since I installed the 12" fan it is powering.

There is a very slim glow from a part of the VR door by one of the latches, but it is faint. much less than the lumens from the power switch light. Then there is the light from the dehumi controls which is the brightest emitter but that light is the farthest away fromt eh plants since the dehumi sits on top of the VR back in the corner. The light from the dehumi controls was there the last time when the dehumi sat on the ledge, so that wasn't enough the last time to spoil em....

So when i close the FR door and give my eyes time to adjust - I do *not* have total darkness but i would think it is sufficiently dark...? I can make out things and certainly toward the top of the room there is more visibility than the bottom part.

I taped over the outlight lights but will have to work the other sources tonight when lights come on.

you think that is enough light? hard to quantify it for you all but it is not total complete darkness but still rather dark. none of the plants where being hit directly with anything more than a power outlet red light.

D9, DHF? whatcha think? if the CC turns out to have some nads which i'm thinking it does, then it is me or the room - no way i got a male plant *and* a hermie in a random group of 4 different seeds, just not statistically feasible imho

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey D9 - i tgink you are correct about the CK being straight up Brucie. Im out in the lung doing post mortem on the ck. Ill post up some pics but i can tell now. It doesnt have the pistils like it should and the balls are in clusters. This was a feminized Barney's Farm Critical Kush. I had terrible germ rates with that breeder but i chaulk most of that up to moi. Going to get this VR proper from now on. I got two ck from prolly 12-15 Barneys from 3 or 4 strains. One of the only two germ turns out to have schlong. So for what 200 bucks i have one plant in veg.... 10 weeks growing the ck at least.

It was a beautiful plant however so ill always have paris.

Miraculous Meds

Nice thread mcKush. Been meaning to drop in n say hi. Id say on ur light leak, if u had just one of those small issues, it wouldn't be much of a factor. imo no way it would cause stress hermy, but all of them accumulated might be enough to be causing ur prob. the only real solution is to fix the light leak, n go from there. Likely there is another stress issue causing the probs, or just to much hermy in the genetics. if a tiny bit of light leak caused them to freak out, then I would consider that too much of a headache to keep them around.

Latest posts

Latest posts