What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

McPpk

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you should be able to run that epap at 24" without burning or bleaching. the gavita has a hot spot at 24" dead center.

24" Gavita or 24" Epap is very very (did I say very?) close imo. Last grow I tried to keep the Epap 33-36". Pretty sure your growing toast if you run 1000w at 24" with one of those.

I'm going to either lower the fixture a bit or increase the wattage this week.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are pics from 6/19. so far so good. (just wait a day)

Perspective is an interesting thing. these plants are starting to look small in these pictures. but they really aren't. their poised to explode me thinks.

picture.php

CC

picture.php

GLP

picture.php

CK

picture.php

SWD ( you can see her shooting up now )

picture.php

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we go, start of day 7, 6 20 (20150620) Saturday Night's alright alright. going to get some medication and check on the little ladies, make sure they're all snug and happy. yeah, got this night in the bag.

Open the door and I find my SWD horizontal. timber, fucking, timber. it was lying with its head on my step and all the limbs bent. no idea how long it lay there. funny thing about this plant is that it seemed to almost push its self up a little when it got its rate adjusted and started to receive a full feed. I dunno. I was never happy with my transplant on this one, it lagged being a sativa dominant and it did not get the same feed treatment. But I do know this only a couple of days ago it was 29" and when i propped it back up and measured it, it was 36". No way it could have done 7" in 1 or 2 days, think some of that is propping it back up. but still, I think it had a vigorous response to the change in feeding to full flood every 2:30 from the wave it was getting when the sites were receiving unequal rates.

picture.php

She was butt ugly. I hope she snaps back tonight. will be getting pics in another hour or so when day breaks.

picture.php

Not really pretty no matter what the angle

picture.php

I aint sugar coatin' anything am I.

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
last of the veg room pics i think.

BTW whats usual to expect for roots when you clone into a root riot? 7 days? I don't want to start lifting my cubes until well after when they should have roots

picture.php

picture.php

I topped the CK#2 a couple of days ago. ended up doing it at the 6th or 7th node. I was wanting to try to train this heavy indica and see how it turns out. The CC really took well to the training but this CK is a different plant altogether

picture.php

Also, notice how the CK#2 is stretching under that 46w T5. Man as soon as she went under that light she wanted to stretch. That's one of the main reasons I topped her.

Now I'm thinking about a new light for this VR. maybe a dpap...? I like vegging under the epap but I need a smaller fixture which doesn't produce too much heat or use too much electricity. i like vegging under a "harder" light

the dims are ~ 3x4x5 lwh

Buddler

Veteran
Moved too slowly on supporting, lst the SWD. Came in last night (start of day 7 i think) and the SWD was laying horizontal on its side. Luckily my step stopped its complete fall. I have propped it back up with some bamboo but haven't had the chance yet to see if I can build a cage and save it.

Shiet MK guess the root ball aint that strong yet I should warned to tie off stem ground level then bend plant opposite way from the top and tie off this supports stem so plant doesn't uproot or snap. She ll come back tho ,plants look like great let the stretch begin:dance013:B

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Moved too slowly on supporting, lst the SWD. Came in last night (start of day 7 i think) and the SWD was laying horizontal on its side. Luckily my step stopped its complete fall. I have propped it back up with some bamboo but haven't had the chance yet to see if I can build a cage and save it.

Shiet MK guess the root ball aint that strong yet I should warned to tie off stem ground level then bend plant opposite way from the top and tie off this supports stem so plant doesn't uproot or snap. She ll come back tho ,plants look like great let the stretch begin:dance013:B

Heya Bud. That one the root ball was not as well developed nor embedded as deeply into the 8822 in the container as the others. This is the site that received the least amount of feed and only recently started receiving a full flood after I installed valves on the other three feed lines. I could swear that this plant has worked its way "up" in the media a bit also as she grew. Not sure if that makes sense or is possible but it honestly seemed that way. She really took off regardless when I started the full fill feed. I mean REALLY took off, i may have gone from ~1/2" day to more than 2" day. Nothing scientific, but she was a moving.

Anyhoo, I hadn't started training her yet, she toppled over on her own accord. I'm going to install a vertical trellis of some sort and tie her up, I'll try to bend down the main stem to trigger a reaction in the other stems. She is a pretty plant though, nice spicy smell to go with her name (spicy white devil). She is getting nice red flames in her stalks and nodes - I'm a sucker for red/purple too.

BTW she was totally fine last night during my check at the start of the day/morning (9p-9a On/Off). Back nearly straight and praying to the golden orb, as if nothing happened. nice! So far I've hardly detected traces of stalling with this McPpk system. I've left the feed pump cycle timer off twice now for a day, where they received no feeding. In that case the wick provided. No effect on the plants, media dryer than normal sure, but all were happy n healthy each occurrence with no set back to the plants.

As I get the room items finished and my plants supported, I'm already getting PPKittis. What do i do now? oh nothing, the plants are fine, but I must have something to fret over! sorry, worry about world peace, cannabis laws, the weather, but the PPK doesn't need your help right now. go away.

Just top her off with some feed. go back to reading ICmag.....

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 21 2015

picture.php

6 21 CC

picture.php

6 21 GLP

picture.php

6 21 CK & SWD - Notice the SWD is up and running again, seemingly no worse for the wear of toppling over, there was some root damage though.

picture.php

6 21 CC after I installed the net partially anchored to the wall and supported on one end with bamboo. a bit ghetto on the tap job. I hate doing stuff like that but at the end of the day I said fuck it, i gotta get on with this job.

picture.php

BTW the CK reminds me of Cousin It. big broad leaves instead of hair tho.

oti$

Definitely going to be a challenge managing that canopy...plants are looking happy and healthy:D

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey oti$, thanks for stopping in. Ive got another screen up that ill post pix later on. Yeah but my canopy the last time was even more difficult. Im running 4 very different plants so i was expecting things not to be uniform. They are too different.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pics from yesterday.

Added a screen to the GLP. using the wall as part of the support. the screens are both 26x26 and 3" screen. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to screen this plant or not. its got a good size trunk on it but a pretty good bow at the same time. the main stem is so thick that I can't risk bending it.

plants have been shooting pistils left and right and beginning to flower.

6 22 Day 10

picture.php

6 22 CC starting to spread out a bit already. some stems have popped thru.

picture.php

6 22 GLP - now with the screen same dimensions as the CC but obviously placed alot higher. there is no way to try to match the CC height wise. no plant will entirely be in the sweet spot here.

picture.php

i don't think i'm going to screen the ck (barney farms critical kush) . it just does not seem right for it. its such a pretty plant the way it is now idk if that will be a mistake or not.

I'm going to build a trellis style screen next for the SWD. will try to bend her back some to get her down in size. she can have that corner of the room

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shot of the door way. I dropped the epap fixture down to 86" from floor and have it at 825w. its about 39 or so inches to the SWD from the epap.

picture.php

I need to be careful I don't go too fast and hurt them but I'm wanting to get to 1000w as soon as i think they are ready and can handle it. I got little by way of comparison to go by tho.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Heya Bud. That one the root ball was not as well developed nor embedded as deeply into the 8822 in the container as the others. This is the site that received the least amount of feed and only recently started receiving a full flood after I installed valves on the other three feed lines. I could swear that this plant has worked its way "up" in the media a bit also as she grew. Not sure if that makes sense or is possible but it honestly seemed that way. She really took off regardless when I started the full fill feed. I mean REALLY took off, i may have gone from ~1/2" day to more than 2" day. Nothing scientific, but she was a moving.

Anyhoo, I hadn't started training her yet, she toppled over on her own accord. I'm going to install a vertical trellis of some sort and tie her up, I'll try to bend down the main stem to trigger a reaction in the other stems. She is a pretty plant though, nice spicy smell to go with her name (spicy white devil). She is getting nice red flames in her stalks and nodes - I'm a sucker for red/purple too.

BTW she was totally fine last night during my check at the start of the day/morning (9p-9a On/Off). Back nearly straight and praying to the golden orb, as if nothing happened. nice! So far I've hardly detected traces of stalling with this McPpk system. I've left the feed pump cycle timer off twice now for a day, where they received no feeding. In that case the wick provided. No effect on the plants, media dryer than normal sure, but all were happy n healthy each occurrence with no set back to the plants.

As I get the room items finished and my plants supported, I'm already getting PPKittis. What do i do now? oh nothing, the plants are fine, but I must have something to fret over! sorry, worry about world peace, cannabis laws, the weather, but the PPK doesn't need your help right now. go away.

Just top her off with some feed. go back to reading ICmag.....

typical ppk problems. more worried about canopy management than plant growth. nothing to do but dab, read a little, dab, write a little, dab, eat a sandwich, dab, eat some cookies, dab. it's a rough life!

"I could swear that this plant has worked its way "up" in the media a bit also as she grew. Not sure if that makes sense or is possible but it honestly seemed that way."

yep, what you are seeing is the root mass forming a layer of almost pure root material at the bottom pushing the medium up higher in the pot. happens all the time, especially in this container you are using.

"spicy white devil" funny, that's what they called me down in the islands!

thank you for documenting this!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
typical ppk problems. more worried about canopy management than plant growth. nothing to do but dab, read a little, dab, write a little, dab, eat a sandwich, dab, eat some cookies, dab. it's a rough life!

"I could swear that this plant has worked its way "up" in the media a bit also as she grew. Not sure if that makes sense or is possible but it honestly seemed that way."

yep, what you are seeing is the root mass forming a layer of almost pure root material at the bottom pushing the medium up higher in the pot. happens all the time, especially in this container you are using.

"spicy white devil" funny, that's what they called me down in the islands!

thank you for documenting this!

I decided to keep her and see how she turns out, so on postmortem I'll try to get pics of the root mass.

Someday I'm hoping for the chance to tug on a thick trunk and have the whole entire structure with media pop out and retain shape, that will be a feat considering the media properties. Maybe its already been done.

The trunks on the GLP and the CK are the thickest. I'll try to grab a pic tonight during my Day 11 morning check. But I think the trunk base is at least the size of a quarter and probably bigger. This plant came up a bit corkscrewed and I just went with it, consequently its got a big knot at its base.

As far as managing a perfect canopy, that just isn't my goal right now. I want to learn better canopy management for sure and am, but I'm not against just letting the plant be itself as in the case of the CK. Squeezing the last bit out of a plant isn't a priority for me and I do like to just appreciate the plant for what it is and how it grows naturally. I do want quantity but never at the expense of quality.

My last grow with autos, I didn't do any training and provided minimal support. I started having timbers near the end so I want to get support figured out in this room.

I guess I really should start in veg and top them like what happened to the CC (cotton candy). I have topped my CK#2 so I'm going to compare that CK plant not topped and with CK#2 topped.

I just don't have a good feel for timing yet for things to do in veg versus in flower and when.

Buddler

Veteran
Seems kinda weird eh, the plant roots grow out of the kitty litter and fall over? I wonder if plant has hard time putting roots down in this media. You might wanna rethink canopy management and pruning to get your plants even light or end up with a bunch of popcorn,just rambling MK thanks for the show ..Bud

av8or

That growth has really taken off. I'd say you've got her about dialed, eh? Awesome job, Brother Kush.

Latest posts

Latest posts