What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mazar I shariff RSC line roms

CannaZen

Rather than skinning the bone its a bit like stupid selecting selected of the selected IBL within IBL. In terms of acclimation? Plants process environment piercing reality with inverse apex diamond growth point of gravity.

The plant transmutes Grow experiences everything inversely at cellular level because gravity falls. Lucky they even transmit this transverse to seed.

ngakpa

Veteran
like I say, this is the final generation of the repros of the 2007 accession that will be made through the site

you're right to note the bottle-kneck in the initial repro

Ellis tells me that has used a mix of generations for the most recent run and used seeds only from plants that are vigorous and true to type, so in that sense there has been a degree of inbreeding and selection

i am rather a pioneer in this field

if Ellis wanna try my seeds and compare them he is welcome no problem and it will be free!

Thanks for the offer, but I've no interest in escalting to publishing our private messages. I think this conversation has run its course

eastcoastjoe

It does seem a bit disrespectful to sell seeds of a line you bought when the breeder still sells them. Just imagine if I made a stardawg f3 bx2 and sold it claiming I made some selections so it’s a different line now LOL.

Just because some selection was done doesn’t make it a different strain. Why not be original and make something of your own and sell it.

CannaZen

Homogeneous strong IBL may be a different brand. Adaptive plants curve weathered life experiences and transmit epigenetic data to seed. heterogeneous plants may be plethora plant expressions in one.

What if somebody wanted seed weathered from somewhere different providing characteristics saving time. When is it crime to ask return for demand?

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
It does seem a bit disrespectful to sell seeds of a line you bought when the breeder still sells them. Just imagine if I made a stardawg f3 bx2 and sold it claiming I made some selections so it’s a different line now LOL.

Just because some selection was done doesn’t make it a different strain. Why not be original and make something of your own and sell it.

We talk about a landrace with multiple variations unworked except by farmers at its source and in its biotop. Well far from a indoor stabiliz or hybrided occidental line i mean. With some landrace kind of seeds the selection is important, there is hemp, mutant, herma et cetera to clean up. And that's without mention the aromas, terpenes and differents cannabinoids effects possible like the THCV in this MIS. In real you can build at less 10 kinds of Stardawg weed with just a good landrace handle of seeds from Afghani or Pakistan. ++ years of work certainely... ;)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Ngakpa

In nature a very small percentage of seeds actually germ and grow to maturity .
By taking them from their home and reproing in a different environment how is this affecting natural selection ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

burningfire

Veteran
I don't believe these are wild plants.

So natural selection is not involved regardless where they are grown.

they're grown outside, in fields, at the mercy of nature.. even if there's some human intervention there's still a natural selection happening.

thejact55

I think in alot of feilds there is some degree of human selection. Weakest plants tossed ect. I guess im not really sure, more of an assumption. Lol. To what degree this intervention effects the next population is up for debate.
Local adaptation for sure also. I would assume again human selection would help speed up this local adaptation. Ex: if plants survive but mold, those would be tossed, where as maybe seeds would make it from these plants in some natural circumstances, but most likely not ongoing in the long term.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
I think that Afghan farmers know or knew their special big hashplants since centuries and the lineage is already selected and worked but that's in natural conditions with thousands or hundreds of specimens. Their seeds from one year to another certainly come from their best females and are they also truely consider their males before? Anyway MIS is not a feral kind of landrace with only natural selection, this is precisely what makes its strength and quality, it has been refined by man for many generations. Then traditions can quickly be forgotten anyway but with a true open poll in the fields there is necessarily good and less good ones even if a selection of the best seeds was done before.

I think in alot of feilds there is some degree of human selection. (...) I would assume again human selection would help speed up this local adaptation.

For example we can consider that dwarf plants are the natural adaptation to high UV +2500m in the Hindu Kush but this happened thanks to human. In itself i don't think that cannabis could acclimatize and arrived alone even if there is fertile plains and microclimates at high altitude.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Roms

I`m talking about handfuls of seed broad cast in a field .
Very few survive . Compared to direct sown and nurtured indoors . We can get 100% if viable seed .

Means a lot more plants from the same gene pool potentially getting to reproduce .
Though space and legislation are pressures .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Good day EB,

100% indoor even with viable landrace seeds is very optimist, there is often a majority that don't wanna germ in fact! Well that is just my experience with classic process but i think that those who manage to germinate also have probably the best attributes. (?)

Germination is like a first kind of selection for a landraces gene pool imho.

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
100% indoor even with viable landrace seeds is very optimist, there is often a majority that don't wanna germ in fact
Germination is like a first kind of selection for a landraces gene pool imho.

Right, and with old landraces...it s even harder ;)

Big up

Sign

I'm growing this line as well, the original RSC not the improved by ROMs version, I'm selecting 2 different phenos, the squat broadleaf for indoor and the stretchy narrow leaf for outdoor.

I only started with 5 seeds but luckily 1 was a male, and a great male at that. 3 stretchy females and 1 squat broadleaf female, the male was a squat broadleaf too.

Well I plan on keeping the lines separate going forward, but for now the stretchy female I seeded has to be indoors just to be safe and I keep breaking branches so she doesn't grow into the 7 foot ceiling.

1 pack of seeds had killer indoor and killer outdoor phenos at almost 50/50 mix. Really happy so far with the mis, wish there was more on the internet to see other peoples grows but I guess no one is really growing it, or at least posting the pictures

CheGuerillo

I need to have this strain. Long time I asked my afghan friend to bring some. But he wasnt there for 10 years and his cousin come here never want to bring because they dont smoke and dont want to get involved in that. But my friend told me when he goes to journey one day he will bring from the region of mazar-i-sharif because soil is fertile there and good conditions for the plants so its good quality as I remeber right.

CheGuerillo

He told me also about a nice region called Pansheer where his uncle lives and we watched fotos on FB. Very nice nature. Very clear water from the river between hills on the sides. People can live there free and traditional. He told me if you wanna live alone in nature without trouble with any government or something you have to live there. Maybe anyone who has to possibility to go there could select seeds there. Or maybe I by myself one day:)

CheGuerillo

Hi ngakpa,

do you know when the reproduction with the new Mazar seeds is ready to order?

I want to try them:)

I am looking espacilly for big narrow leaf plants for outdoor adaption and crosses

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
I am looking espacilly for big narrow leaf plants for outdoor adaption and crosses

You will not be disapointed in principle, the Mazar has a majority of big narrow leaf plants, the more broad ones are less present and harder to find! (I talk about the first TRSC release 2008/2009)

:tiphat:

Well that makes me jump to my lucky starting 2009 lineage with a broad leaf male crossed to the wild strawberry mom Julia. I'm proud of myself to not lost this meeting since then ; I plan the F4 work to start 2020! Now a few ones to be pollinated by some Jamaicans to finish 2019. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts