What's new

mazar I shariff RSC line roms

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Thanks you are welcome to contribute bro, let"s pm suite!

With milky trichomes early harvest you will find more CBG than mature amber trichz imo, and especially with high potent THC strains like the Mazari. And the combinaison CBG + THCV could also be something special good and rare for chemists and medical purposes??

Tetrahydrocannabivarin has incredible potential for those who suffer diabetes and need some aid to lose weight it modulates the insulin levels in our body so maybe there can be some serious potential for the cbg + thcv combo

meizzwang

I'm not sure if RSC's 2016 seed stock is ROM's line, but I grew out a few. 2 runts (both male), 1 mutant (male), 1 amazing male, and 1 potentially decent female (hard to judge until it's smoked though). The male was so stinky & sweet, earliest to flower compared to other males, and had excellent structure, so it bred with. This experience suggests you'll probably need to run a number of seeds to find a winner or you'll need a lot of luck if you run a small sample. The line does seem to show some inbreeding depression at this point, the current seed batch is reportedly 3 generations away from it's region of origin.

Outdoors, I'm guessing this lone female will finish around late Oct or early November, but I suspect there are earlier phenos in the bunch. No detectable odors from the premature resinous leaves to sniff just yet.

37327037042_03f528c226_c.jpg

beautiful red hairs:
37100809120_584a76100a_c.jpg

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
This is not from my IBL lineage but your pictures are welcome to document! ;)

Well many lines can be created with the Mazar i shariff according its good or not first parents P1! This female crossed with your good male is a nice building start for the red/pink example, good luck with them Meizzwang!

ngakpa

Veteran
Hi Rom,

any idea which village(s) coud i go to in Afghanistan to collect first-hand the seeds of the world famous Mazar-i-Sharif (or Afghani?

Cheers and thank you!
Dan

The main centre of cultivation for the Mazar-i-Sharif strain is Balkh (the town, and then the province, which the city of Mazar-i-Sharif is in)

but this region has become fairly dangerous in the last couple of years

however, the Mazar-i-Sharif strain is cultivated throughout Afghanistan now - about 2/3rds of farmers use it

it is used even in southern Talebanised states such as Helmand

ngakpa

Veteran
the offspring will show mostly the same traits...

you only have to look at the diversity of the plants produced from open-pollinating this strain to know that's not true!

see the photo here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8068792&postcount=261 and compare it with many others from this generation

it's not mathematics, it's biology - and with open pollination, you get massive diversity, because of the vast amount of genetic dice being thrown

this strain is still producing a diverse array of plants, including plenty with strong potency, aroma, and vigour

and we'll be bringing in new Hindu Kush and Afghan genetics in the future too

meizzwang

Some more pics of the RSC mazar i sharif. hard to tell from the photo, but the bud on this plant is pretty big! It's also quite leafy. Aroma has a sharp skunk smell followed by a beautiful sweetness, it's definitely different than your modern day smells!
37765369192_c1280f6675_h.jpg

What's really intriguing is that only the hairs exposed to full sun turn red. The hairs hidden under the leaves are white:
37765368952_77052e7773_h.jpg

37765368472_57fd118556_h.jpg

This individual looks like it'll be ready around early to mid November.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Some more pics of the RSC mazar i sharif. hard to tell from the photo, but the bud on this plant is pretty big! It's also quite leafy. Aroma has a sharp skunk smell followed by a beautiful sweetness, it's definitely different than your modern day smells!
View Image

What's really intriguing is that only the hairs exposed to full sun turn red. The hairs hidden under the leaves are white:
View Image

View Image

This individual looks like it'll be ready around early to mid November.

Does it get pretty cold out there? Because afghanicas are known for pink to red pistils when exposed to cold temps outdoors. Btw she's looking absolutely beautiful!

meizzwang

Haven't added any nutrients to this RSC mazar I sharif plant for over a month and a half, but a gopher or some digging animal dug up some huge mounds of soil around the plant recently. Only god knows what happened to the soil underground, I'm sure it's all mixed up now. The "new" soil is very rocky and basic, so it probably messed up the pH and is the cause of the some leaf tip burn. Other than that, the plant is still quite beautiful!

It's getting cold and this plant can still go for at least 2 weeks before it's finished. I'll probably have to chop it down soon, no way these very thick buds can take intense rain. Seems like this plant just keeps spitting out new flowers constantly and gets fatter and fatter...it doesn't just bloom and then bam! It's done, it's slowly flowering over a very long period of time:
38051244501_efb466e75a_c.jpg

38020122222_64e408de69_c.jpg

38051245391_23c8a5a3c1_c.jpg

38020123462_5d4f50b1a2_c.jpg

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
@meizzwang:

She's a bit leafy but very lovely! Well done!

I think she could withstand cold easy, don't know about rain though. I heard of story of Afghani farmers waiting after rain to harvest their plants, so they get cleaned of the sand that sticks to the resin during windy days. So maybe she got some tolerance.

meizzwang

You're welcome Cannazen, and thanks Pepe! Indeed, this individual is very leafy, and it'll be interesting to see what this bud looks like once all trimmed and cleaned up.
Yeah, it would be a sin to harvest this baby too early, and I've been going back and forth over what to do. I think I'm going to risk it and just keep a close eye out for botrytis. This plant was grown very slowly and organically, so it might have a chance at not rotting if the rain is short and quick. This plant has already experienced light rain without any issues.

meizzwang

Okay, took down the RSC Mazar i Sharif a little bit early, it probably could have gone another week. Odor-wise, there's a strong skunk/coffee aroma on the surface, followed by something really strange, and in the background there's a mouth-watering sweetness to it! It's really interesting how this strain is fully mature outdoors around mid to late November: true authentic landrace indicas can take a surprisingly long time to finish.

Even though the bud is ridiculously fat and pretty dense, after being exposed to several weeks of high humidity and strong rain, there was zero bud rot! Water literally stood on the bud for a week without drying up and no ill effects were observed. Conventional hybrids with such thick bud structures typically have no chance of surviving these conditions and tend to rot about 2-3 days after the first heavy rain. However, we didn't experience any bud rot this year, but to be fair, all rot-prone varieties were harvested before the rains came in. There was also zero incidences of powdery mildew on any plants. The lack of rot could also be due to the fact that these were grown very slowly and organically; in contrast, in previous years were bud rot was observed, the plants were pumped with nutrients for maximum yield.

Preliminary observations indicate this plant has very high resin production, there was a lot on the scissors! I'm very curious to see what the effects and potency are like, will do a report in the near future.

Here is Mazar i Sharif all cleaned up, can't tell from the photo but the bud has incredible girth! This is the highest yielding landrace I've ever grown, reminds me of northern lights on steroids. 100% organic:
38401361681_e86950a358_b.jpg

38346299236_31166bfa87_c.jpg

26625767349_0fdd6311a7_c.jpg

26625768269_ecd307939a_c.jpg

ngakpa

Veteran
hi

yes, this finishing time is in line with what you would expect

harvest for the real Mazar-i-Sharif strain in Afghanistan is October through to November, with many farmers emphasising the benefits of leaving the plants as long as possible to reach optimum maturity for the best resin

(same is true in Chitral)

and yes, this strain is potentially a big yielder too

W

Water-

hi - yes, this paper seems to have been inspired by a suggestion Sherratt made years ago - thanks for reminding me to check it out

btw this article you've quoted (not the paper itself) misrepresents the Yamnaya as being "European"... iirc the heart of their region was the Pontic-Caspian steppe and the Caucasus, which is basically the internal Eurasian frontier... Central Eurasia, not Central Europe... it's the same region in which Herodotus later observed the Scythians smoking cannabis

so it's misleading to describe this as an export from Europe... if this trade happened at all, which I am skeptical about... though I should check out this paper before I comment further[/QUOTE

No it's not misleading, you just couldn't handle being wrong.
The Yamnaya horizon was located in Eastern Europe. So they originally lived in Eastern Europe. And the overwhelming majority of modern European males descend directly from them.

Last edited:

burningfire

Veteran
hi - yes, this paper seems to have been inspired by a suggestion Sherratt made years ago - thanks for reminding me to check it out

btw this article you've quoted (not the paper itself) misrepresents the Yamnaya as being "European"... iirc the heart of their region was the Pontic-Caspian steppe and the Caucasus, which is basically the internal Eurasian frontier... Central Eurasia, not Central Europe... it's the same region in which Herodotus later observed the Scythians smoking cannabis

so it's misleading to describe this as an export from Europe... if this trade happened at all, which I am skeptical about... though I should check out this paper before I comment further[/QUOTE

No it's not misleading, your just a "know it all", who couldn't handle being wrong.

*you're

It sounds like you have a personal vendetta against him to unearth a post made months ago, he did say he had to read it to comment further..

so get your shit attitude out of here water- and stop hijacking threads.

W

Water-

*you're

It sounds like you have a personal vendetta against him to unearth a post made months ago, he did say he had to read it to comment further..

so get your shit attitude out of here water- and stop hijacking threads.

Or maybe I just saw it.
Mind your own business
You know nothing about which I speak .
---

I won't respond to anyones stupid comments. Let the thread roll on as it was.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts