What's new

maximizing yield. 2gpw?

forwhat420

3gpw, and I would not have even posted. LOL,,Seriously though their are threads on here where people have hit your goal..Search "soil bed grows" and do some research...

forwhat420

Also,,I don't want to hype up other sites. but over on Cann.com search tranoble.. 3 pounds per 1000, of course with Co2...

For co2, if you have any welding supply companies in your area you're golden! And they dont ask questions about refilling often if that becomes the case. As far as 2g/watt? If it can be thought of, it CAN be done. Just figuring out how is the fun part. Good luck! and stay safe. Shoot for 2.5! I bet that will make the 2 more realistic. Anyway you go don't listen to anyone that says no, because they obviously don't want it bad enough. sorry for rambling, again, Good luck!

FDae

what would you say would be an optimal cylinder diamater? looking at this chart:
1157989-Foot-Candle2520Chart2520HPS.jpg

and knowing im going to use 2x600w @ 90000 lumens
makes me think that by having it in the center I would want 8" from the plant as its already grown. to start off, it will have to be further away, and fully matured will probably be les than 8" away. so that leaves me with something thats maybe 2feet wide as a minimum.
`

T

theratings

2 grams per watt? That's a ton of weed!

I think at it's brightest the sun gives off 1000 watts of power, so maybe it's possible outdoor.

FDae

2 grams per watt? That's a ton of weed!

I think at it's brightest the sun gives off 1000 watts of power, so maybe it's possible outdoor.

you should read up on some of the things going on in this thread!

how about this: you know how those LED xmas lights draw your eyes's attention? and how they just LOOK different than a regular bulb? its the refresh rate that is fucking with you, ac current flows two directions and LEDs only light up one way, so rather than being on at 60hz like everything else run by ac power, its only run at 30hz, you cant see it, but that light is actually off half the time!!!

assuming that made any sense, how would plants respond to something like that? phase change your HPS (I dont know if its even possible, im just high and trying to get into this!! hahahaha :joint::joint:) to run at a lower frequency, or just have it physically cycle at x hz with some sort of timer-switch to feed the plants light at a different frequency?
we know color temperature affects different stages of the plant (in terms of cfl, its true too! I didnt even know it at first)
maybe using less electricity and getting the same yield?

is there any reasoning/science to what I just said at all, or is it just the ramblings of a stoned poster?

Mr.Jones

Just in case you missed that...Every one is talking Co2 and lighting.. But lets not forget about genetics...
With the right genetics, a good SOG spaced out properly, and a good control on environment, your goal is easily achievable...Without Co2....
Genetics, Genetics, Genetics, and a controlled environment...

you are kidding right?
i agree about importance of genetics ... but you not gonna pull it with just a simple sog

3gpw, and I would not have even posted. LOL,,Seriously though their are threads on here where people have hit your goal..Search "soil bed grows" and do some research...

with soil and an sog you hardly gonna reach 2gr./w

Also,,I don't want to hype up other sites. but over on Cann.com search tranoble.. 3 pounds per 1000, of course with Co2...

the guy is talking about gram per watt not pound per 1000w:
you would need to harvest at least 4.40pound per 1000w :nanana:

so long

FDae

the more i look into these systems: http://www.growverticalgardens.com/Products.html the more i want to diy my own cage. theres even a diy guide based on a similar product. so if i implement this cage idea within my cylinder, ive pretty much made my own coliseum. say 3 sq ft, 2 x 600 watts with bulb coolers. my window ac unit and windshield washer pumps for water flow. i can build a diy carbon filter for the exhaust implement some form of co2.

all the other stuff said before aside, I think 2gpw is doable with just a vertical setup like this with co2. anything else you do is just bonus over 2

the only thing I dont like about this design:
plantcAGE_copy-344x455.jpg

is that the top plant is already pretty much level with the top light, by having it grow above that seems like efficiency will be lost, and that you should not put a plant in the top two even. mine will have a lid

but if YOU were doing an upright pvc system, what would you use as a root medium? perlite?

C

cork144

your gpw is to do with dailing in your grow enviroment, the better you are at controlling everything then the gpw should rise, dont go exspecting 2gpw on a first, second... fifth.. and so on, it will take time and alot of insight into your plants and area.

FDae

your gpw is to do with dailing in your grow enviroment, the better you are at controlling everything then the gpw should rise, dont go exspecting 2gpw on a first, second... fifth.. and so on, it will take time and alot of insight into your plants and area.

I cant agree with the first part more. however, all it takes is knowledge, understanding and the motivation to make it work.

FDae

I have to say I love this site, when I was just a reader and not much of a poster I thought it was great. im glad to see theres some positive feedback around this place. im gonna twist one up in light of me getting closer to buying the parts

you pros, what have you had best experience with nutes? each tutorial ive read says something different, and im sure I can use any one of them and have good results, but this isnt about good, its about GREAT. so share!

FDae

I think I just designed the ultimate self contained unit. I call it secowega. I think it will be perfect for what im attempting to achieve. I should start a thread in the vertical section. I will be building this within the month

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
ive pretty much made my own coliseum. say 3 sq ft, 2 x 600 watts with bulb coolers. my window ac unit and windshield washer pumps for water flow.

1) where will the HEAT from the back of the AC unit dissipate?

2) have U EVER seen a windshield washer "Pump" rated for continuous use?
they R meant for 15 second cycles...and NOT very often

Somebody is having "Pipe Dreams" about being a Pro-Grower.
Learn to crack eggs....B4 trying to Make an omelet

M

milehighmedical

Yeah... I'm sorry. But you're going too hard too fast. Just relax, and enjoy the grow. Very few people are getting 2 gpw. Very few people are getting 1 gpw. Be happy if you pull .5-.7 and then work your way up to 1 gpw.

The only person I know who gets more than 1 gpw just grows big trees under a 1000w dual spectrum hortilux. Has 6+ going at a time, each pull 120-170 grams, but they're vegged at least 4-6 weeks.

No one I know does SOG because of plant count.

L

LJB

we know color temperature affects different stages of the plant

not true. And please don't take this personally, but in fact, it's a massive grower's myth that has to be stopped dead in it's tracks.

And it only continues to exist because sometimes the manufactured kelvin rating matches up with a useful part of the electromagnetic spectrum, but it is not a true barometer of the usefulness of a bulb.

This is a good article to start with even though it's written for orchid growers, warning PDF:

http://www.aos.org/AM/TemplateRedir....cfm&Section=orchid_resources1&ContentID=5736

Unfortunately for CFL users, the spectrum information is usually harder to come by. I use the nVision daylight CFLs for clones and seedlings. This is the brand that is sold at the Depot and the only reason I went with it was because the spectral graph was available on the internet. I've even asked one of the manufacturer of 105 and 150w CFLs that are marketed to growers for their SPD graphs and was told that they don't exist.

nvision daylight, admittedly not even close to perfect with that huge spike at 550 for my pleasure only:

picture.php

T

Teeg420

the only thing I dont like about this design:
plantcAGE_copy-344x455.jpg

is that the top plant is already pretty much level with the top light, by having it grow above that seems like efficiency will be lost, and that you should not put a plant in the top two even. mine will have a lid

but if YOU were doing an upright pvc system, what would you use as a root medium? perlite?

Fdae - no efficiency lost by having the top row grow a foot to two taller than the original height of the cage. You get more gardening space with the plants on the top row, in order to compensate you would have to raise the light to account for the top row.

I second the idea of you building a cage, the vert forum could use all the contributors it can get. but the windshield wiper motors aren't gonna cut it sorry man :yeahthats get your self a nice strong pump and youll thank yourself later. :2cents:

good luck and dont let the haters get you down. oh sorry if this doesnt make sense really high and tired been trimming all day.:joint::joint:

not true. And please don't take this personally, but in fact, it's a massive grower's myth that has to be stopped dead in it's tracks.

And it only continues to exist because sometimes the manufactured kelvin rating matches up with a useful part of the electromagnetic spectrum, but it is not a true barometer of the usefulness of a bulb.

quick question, are you saying that all the written materials re when to use HPS vs MH ( flower vs veg) .. is incorrect? just want to be clear..thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts