What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mauritius x Ethiopia limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are enjoying there with her TexasTea ;) It's an excellent smoke to start the day with energy, good mood and connected with surroundings.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
STOCK ALERT: Very last Mauritius x Ethiopia packs available at our website:

after that this limited edition will be discontinued.

funkyhorse

I have a small pack, 2 girls and 3 boys
The smallest seed I have seen coming from the modern canna, very beautiful to see
They are flowering since beginning march, so they are now 4 weeks
They are 3 mts tall
Girl 1 is in soil in a 40 lt vegbox
M x E 1 (2).jpeg

Girl 2 is in a 20 lt Ercole pot and she is growing the thinnest, sexiest leaf I have grown so far
M x E 2 (2).jpeg

Oddvar

Hola, Dubi, si puedes leer esto..

¿Cuál es la diferencia entre Mauricio x Etiopía y el etíope puro?

me refiero al efecto

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
You're in for a treat Funkyhorse....and a long love affair, hehe...really worth growing this one and I might give her another whirl next fall as I still have seeds. :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Dubi, if you can read this..

What is the difference between Mauritius x Ethiopian and pure Ethiopian?

I mean the effect

Hola @Oddvar both pure Ethiopian and the Ethiopian cross with Mauritius are untamed tropical sativa genetics of very clear, energetic effects without ceiling. Some well selected pure Ethiopians can be trippy too and surprisingly potent.

Mauritius is also an African sativa of eletric effects, and although the Mauritius lavender smelling phenos tend to have a calmer effect, all the rest are very electric, same happens with MxE F1 hybrid. Worth to add: thanks to hybrid vigor, MxE produces more potent plants in a more uniform way, while pure Ethiopian still requires to dig a bit in the population to find those remarkable plants to continue to the next generation. Be aware if you finally choose Mauritius x Ethiopia, it's really wild and long flowering, even more than pure Ethiopian.

How are yours doing @funkyhorse ? These type of extreme tropical sativa genetics deal very well with the extreme wet environment and problems related to moisture in greenhouses.

funkyhorse

Hola Dubi
I had 3 boys which were kept in tiny 1,3 liter pots, they were about 2 meters tall
All of the plants boys and girls similar looking and similar structure
This is their last day already chopped
M x E males last day.jpeg

This is Mauritius x Ethiopian(M x E) girl 1
They are doing very well, they like the local environment despite the thrips.
Very good landrace resistant plants
Lower branches like this one are 1 meter long or even more
M x E 1 lower branch.jpeg

This picture is when New Caledonia girl 4 was still alive yesterday, the big bud in the middle is NC
M x E 1 (3).jpeg

And this is after New Caledonia got chopped, I had to give her a 3 meter bamboo pole because it was leaning all over
M x E 1 after NC got chopped.jpeg

Lower buds, no way I can picture the top shot until harvest
M x E 2 (1).jpeg
M x E 1 lower bud.jpeg
M x E 1 lower bud (1).jpeg
M x E 1 lower bud (2).jpeg

funkyhorse

Hi there Podenco
Southern Hemisphere grow south from Mauritius latitude
I have a wide thermal amplitude here
Temperatures have been very high until last week, until end of march it was ranging 20C-40C and april has been 15C-35C with humidity 100% all mornings drying during the day when the sun comes but some days very foggy with the river mist so it is 100% humidity almost all day.
Now temperatures are 10C-30C
This is a freshwater basin greenhouse

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
thanks for the update @funkyhorse glad to see this tropical sativa F1 growing vigorously there and dealing well with the pests and moisture. They are Xmas sativas as we call them here in the northern hemisphere, since they finish close to winter equinox. Your first girl is really delayed for this time of the year, but the second one is catching up very well :yes:

funkyhorse

thanks for the update @funkyhorse glad to see this tropical sativa F1 growing vigorously there and dealing well with the pests and moisture. They are Xmas sativas as we call them here in the northern hemisphere, since they finish close to winter equinox. Your first girl is really delayed for this time of the year, but the second one is catching up very well :yes:
🙏
The problem with girl 1 I think is because she is standing behind the biggest New Caledonia girl which is another big monster and probably now she will get a lot more light after NC got chopped and hopefully grow faster
Basically the M x E 1 is growing at the same rate as the late Ace Thais and the second girl going like the faster Thais

funkyhorse

Buds are getting meaty and very very sticky
I chopped a couple buds for testing, really impressive how sticky it is, bugs dont dare to come close to the buds
I like the smells, looks and stickiness very much, I hope I will like the smoke as well
In my experience from what I tried so far, once the plant makes meat, the high doesnt change much, the white pistils help making more meat and volume of the buds but the high from this stage on should be more or less the same as the finnished product
I am asking, I am not sure about this or if other people experienced this with sativas as well
M x E 2 rot (6).jpeg