What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mauritius x Ethiopia limited edition

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @paisajedehierba hope you had a great summer time :) She is catching up quite well despite the spider mite attack in early flowering, tops of the plant do not seem affected and resins are coming out strong early on for such tropical sativa. The pungency of the smells of this pure sativa hybrid are very discreet. All the best for the upcoming weeks.

Podenco

Thanks Paisa.
Nice to see it again. These long open stem spaces can become all flowers. I loved growing this strain. Still smells to carrots after years in pots. If you can flower it long enough it is a nice smoke. Not very potent, but if you dose adequately it is decent grass. In my case, the high affected my short term memory notably, kind of typical for this. Effect is pretty "dazed". It adds to the "teenage feeling" of it. As a teen I smoked imported thai quite a bit, kind of similar to that, as opposed to much stronger powerplant/broad leaf type.

P

paisajedehierba

Hello Podenco, I am happy to read something about the effect of Mauritius x Ethiope. I like to enjoy a daytime smoke in the evening, in rather small doses. Hope that after a longer storage, clean and energetic, well focused effects will also occur/predominate. Perhaps it is necessary to try a few more individuals. I've already tried ACE R&D Zamaldelica x Ethiope... I liked it very much, because it was so motivating, clean and also slightly trippy.

right

8-13% THC, no indica influence. Have a look at post #1. What are you used to?
That's what I was told the weed I used to love was in high-school, about 10 to 13.

But I have trouble believing that claim , because the lumbo , Jamaican ,even some of the mexi was better than the 32% glue .

RobFromTX

That's what I was told the weed I used to love was in high-school, about 10 to 13.

But I have trouble believing that claim , because the lumbo , Jamaican ,even some of the mexi was better than the 32% glue .

A lot of factors determine thc percentages during growing. Stress issues, overwatering. Even if the plant hermies and produces seeds it can bring the thc levels way down. Not that you wouldn't end up with something very enjoyable. Sometimes I miss that lightweight mexican lime weed that was grown without a care in the world

right

A lot of factors determine thc percentages during growing. Stress issues, overwatering. Even if the plant hermies and produces seeds it can bring the thc levels way down. Not that you wouldn't end up with something very enjoyable. Sometimes I miss that lightweight mexican lime weed that was grown without a care in the world
I would like to respectfuly like to point out that I have smoked the finest weed that california has to offer . I was a Humboldt resident for years. I have smoked some damn fine gg#4 .
But it was bread from ECSD a far superior high and taste .IMHO

Many will question this but we had some smoke that people would have to call an ambulance over in fear that they were dieing. ( paranoia) That doesn't happen with these modern day contributions.

RobFromTX

Many will question this but we had some smoke that people would have to call an ambulance over in fear that they were dieing. ( paranoia) That doesn't happen with these modern day contributions.

It very much still happens in todays world. My daughter had a friend in high school who had to call the EMS a few times in the span of a few years because it made him too paranoid and that was the high grade hybrids AND the low thc brickweed. He finally got the message that he was just one of those people who couldn't enjoy pot. Plenty of folks out there that it can do no good for. Lucky for me im not one of them ;)

paisajedehierba

Pictures of yesterday ... Mauritius x Ethiopian (11/13 h light/dark since 9 weeks) is not very happy. The older leaves are yellow. I have to adjust the PH better. However, flower development is good (resin, green bracts). Many new pistils are arising. The light scent has become finer, the hoppy one recedes somewhat into the background in favor of floral notes with a little lemon. Round about 50 seeds harvested.

Attachments

• MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip.JPG
    MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 45
  • MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip_by fare the ripest bud.JPG
    MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip_by fare the ripest bud.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip_most buds look like this_reflowering is going on.JPG
    MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip_most buds look like this_reflowering is going on.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip3.JPG
    MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip3.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
  • MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip4.JPG
    MxE_20230923_9 weeks since flip4.JPG
    964.6 KB · Views: 63
  • MxE_20230923_plant on the left_9 weeks since flip2.JPG
    MxE_20230923_plant on the left_9 weeks since flip2.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

paisajedehierba

Mauritius x Ehtiopia yesterday: Apart from the significant deductions in the B grade: The flowers have developed an additional anise note, the resin production on the bracts is still quite good. The lower flowers are almost ripe or already overripe and are starting to lose their aroma (will start harvesting them today). Ripening of The middle and upper flowers has come closer. I would say another 1-2 weeks. What do you think?

Attachments

• MxE_lower buds2.JPG
    MxE_lower buds2.JPG
    795.7 KB · Views: 37
  • MxE_lower buds.JPG
    MxE_lower buds.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 31
  • MxE_lower bud.JPG
    MxE_lower bud.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 33
  • MxE_buds4.JPG
    MxE_buds4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • MxE_buds3.JPG
    MxE_buds3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • MxE_buds.JPG
    MxE_buds.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • MxE_whole plant.JPG
    MxE_whole plant.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

paisajedehierba

Love the crazy sativa look with the red stems and hairy flowers @paisajedehierba ;)
Glad the terpenes are getting more complex by end of flowering.
If would harvest if lower buds are starting to lose terpenes due to over ripening.
She indeed looks wild and crazy Dubi:). A cultivation of exceptional tropical genetics! But I can't really understand the symptoms :unsure: (yellow leaves)... just PH imbalance or also malnutrition? Too small pots (5 liter) for such a caliber? Very early maturing because of pollination/seed development?
I think I just need a few plants more of extrem tropical genetics to properly adjust my indoor growing environment and plant nutrition.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
my feeling is that they arrived to late flowering depleted in nutrients, so yes the pot was small for them, a transplant to just 7-11 liter pots after early flowering stretching would have fixed much of the yellowing during flowering, encouraging yield, better quality flowers, even more reflowerings. If the yellowing is so severe that reaches the buds, flowers easily lose resin and terpenes. Despite that, flowers look great, i'm sure finished product will deliver a delicious, smooth, natural smoke :yummy: