What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mauritius x Ethiopia limited edition

funkyhorse

This is the same bud in 3 different backgrounds
Do you think is the same or one of them is better than the other?
M x E 2
Background A wood
M x E 2 (17).jpeg

Background B plastic plate
M x E 2 (16).jpeg

Background C black nylon
M x E 2 (19).jpeg

Is any of them better than the other?
Some more black nylon pics from yesterday
M x E 2 (20).jpeg
M x E 2 (21).jpeg

This is the top shot of M x E 2 in the greenhouse in contrast against the wooden crosspiece at the roof
Yes, there are thrips but the plant is resistant to them. No aphids and bugs get close to those buds, excellent landrace resistance to bugs but I think she doesnt like the lower minimum temperatures. Next days first polar cold wave is coming, will see how she reacts. Sister coming behind growing in 40lt vegbox is happy and no complaints so far
M x E 2 top shot.jpeg
M x E 2 top shot (2).jpeg

The weather is too humid these days, I cant dry plants.
It is taking too long drying so I decided to experiment with these sticky early buds and cure them in brick form for 6 months and test them in time with the cured buds which will be more mature than the buds of the brick hoping to lock the stickiness in the brick
Thickness is important in the brick, shape not so much. I choose planet earth round shape which is a little flat at the poles
M x E 2 brick (3).jpeg

M x E 2 brick (2).jpeg
M x E 2 brick (1).jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest @funkyhorse beautiful tropical sativa flowers, reminds me of Angolese at the end, very Ethiopian looking post harvest, totally tropical African anyway! Beautiful frosty bracts as well! :)

funkyhorse

These type of budding M x E makes I saw only in SEAsia

The GH cover is made of nylon 200 micron plus agricultural white mesh on top
White mesh is this material.
mediasombra.jpg
mediasombra 2.jpg

My neighbours use black colour but I like the white one because it reflects a lot of light. Temperatures match Rio de janeiro for daytime and my environment can match the plagues of tropics as well being endemic here like thrips thanks to the GMO soybean plantation just in front of me 300 meters away. Not only plagues but wildlife takes shelter from the agropoisoning here so I try to live in peace and harmony with all beings as much as possible
M x E is very good, resistant to wildlife
This year I saw new plagues like this one too https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nezara_viridula
When I see this or locust, I use cypermethrin but the rest of plagues are controlled with potassium soap
Last summer brought a lot of new challenges for this area, the main city got the water reserves wasted because of draught and freshwater water reserves got salty, meaning new plagues and new wildlife coming in that are from sea water
So I am happy and very lucky to have the chance to water my plants normally. Weather is crazy

The second M x E is coming behind without issues so far. I think it is a month behind the first girl
Similar structure similar budding so far, the difference is last girl is on a 40 lt vegbox instead of 20 lt pot
M x E is very productive
Looking forwards to vape and smoke this one

Have a nice weekend everyone

Podenco

Thanks FH. I ask because I am moving from 53 latitude to 36. So I need some sort of greenhouse to protect from sun and keep things a bit warmer in winter.

Looking forward to your smoke report. I grew M X E indoors and like it a lot. Beautiful plants with decent potency.

P

paisajedehierba

3 out 3 germinated. Since one seed was not pressed deep enough into the soil, this plant had problems and was therefore discarded. Of the remaining two, I will take cuttings and send them into flower. They are very sensitive to nutrients, which I will take into account better.

Attachments

• Mauritius x Ethiopian plant 1 (1).JPG
    Mauritius x Ethiopian plant 1 (1).JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 46
  • Mauritius x Ethiopian plant 1 (2).JPG
    Mauritius x Ethiopian plant 1 (2).JPG
    9 MB · Views: 56
  • Mauritius x Ethiopian plant 2 (1).JPG
    Mauritius x Ethiopian plant 2 (1).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • Mauritius x Ethiopian plant 2 (2).JPG
    Mauritius x Ethiopian plant 2 (2).JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 45

paisajedehierba

Hello Dubi, at the moment fun in the creation of fast versions and autoflowering lines has priority. Currently, I would like to pollinate flowering Mauritius x Ethiopian cuttings with Auto Golden Tiger 80% (without having previously observed and selected them in a complete cycle). I trust your pre-selection:smoke:.

In the upcoming cold season, I will replace one of my two too low grow cabinets with a tent that is high enough and well ventilated to house tropical sativas. I also will convert from CLF lights to LED. Then it's time to explore the Mauritius x Ethiopian line (or perhaps Thai or Nepal Annapurna) further. 21 Mau x Ethi seeds are left.

paisajedehierba

One of the plants left was a male. It´s a shame, but couldn´t handle him at the moment. So I am here with one female. She was very rootbounded and now in a 5 liter pot the third day. She will be pollinated by a autoflowering male (GT 80%, F2) that thrives in the same cabinet.

Attachments

• 20230809_Mauritius x Ethiopian_female_10 days since flip to 11_13 (2).JPG
    20230809_Mauritius x Ethiopian_female_10 days since flip to 11_13 (2).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 20230809_Mauritius x Ethiopian_female_10 days since flip to 11_13.JPG
    20230809_Mauritius x Ethiopian_female_10 days since flip to 11_13.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 42

Lebanizer

One of the plants left was a male. It´s a shame, but couldn´t handle him at the moment. So I am here with one female. She was very rootbounded and now in a 5 liter pot the third day. She will be pollinated by a autoflowering male (GT 80%, F2) that thrives in the same cabinet.
Smoke the male. Sometimes it can give surprises and it tells you something about the strain as well.

paisajedehierba

Don't smoke the male if you're not even testing for sires, have some respect for your body hehe.
Hi Going grey, it's good that you keep an eye on the health of the readership:). I don't really intend to smoke male weed. My jars are full of female flowers:smokey:. After your appeal, I now imagine violent coughing fits that await me with the Male flowers. I've never tried any and can't tell you from my own experience.

paisajedehierba

pictures taken 2023-08-23.

Attachments

• P1040281.JPG
    P1040281.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 62
  • P1040280.JPG
    P1040280.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 56
  • P1040276.JPG
    P1040276.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 44
  • P1040275.JPG
    P1040275.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 46
  • P1040274.JPG
    P1040274.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 44
  • P1040273.JPG
    P1040273.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • P1040272.JPG
    P1040272.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • P1040283.JPG
    P1040283.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 58
  • left Mauritius x Ethiop. middle and right PZam x A5.JPG
    left Mauritius x Ethiop. middle and right PZam x A5.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 62

paisajedehierba

Pictures from yesterday. I was away for eight days and tried a drip irrigation system for that time (0,2 liter per day, without fertilizer). This produced mediocre results. The leaves are turning pale (perhaps too little water), so I think it's time for a small dose of organic liquid fertilizer next time I water. Unfortunately, I have the “pleasure” of having spider mites in my cabiniet. Some seedlings stood on the terrace for a few days ... a mistake. I already sprayed before I left. After my return, I selectively removed some older leaves. Nevertheless, the development is good, the inflorescences are fuller and the resin development is good for the still rather early flowering stage. Smells are not intense, mainly floral. I think there are also traces of hops and citrus.

Attachments

• P1040530.JPG
    P1040530.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
  • P1040529.JPG
    P1040529.JPG
    8.9 MB · Views: 57
  • P1040528.JPG
    P1040528.JPG
    8.9 MB · Views: 46
  • P1040527.JPG
    P1040527.JPG