Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oohcow said:
Julien,
Just wanted to say. I don't like watching TV. but upon your recommendation, i have downloaded all seasons of the Wire and watched the first 10 episodes... Man this show is fucking awesome.
Isn't it????? :biglaugh: Well, The Wire man...you know, anyone who has watched would readily agree, "TV" not even close to doing it justice....

Your up to 10?........Dude, let me tell you what makes it so good....:smoke:

Every episode, of every season, from start to finish?

Every episode is better than the last......Every season is better than the last....and it never let's up....even to the last episode of last season :smoke:

Been a while...saw one the other day flipping through channels....might have to watch last episode or 2-3 again.....

Yeah man....2?....well, people didn't like S2 at the start, but, grew on a lot of people ...(I didn't like it too much first time....rewatched when they re ran and wondered why I didn't like it cause was awesome.......)
Also, went out and bought candlestick trading, I ching, and art of war after seeing that the show was the best.

thanks for the recommendations
-OC
No problem man.......no problem........Have to remember....I Ching and Art of War are not "read once and put on shelf" (trading book either)....They are things that some study for years.....(I put a good Confucius quote somewhere in thread....50yrs to study it would be adequate to start to understand it :smoke:).....Yeah, good stuff man........can be applied to every aspect of life.....invaluable stuff.....

Glad I could help man........leading someone to I Ching/Art of War?...well......that is an honor among honors......

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now you got me thinking Confucius all day :biglaugh:

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Confucius

Amen...eh? :smoke:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Thats right, the monkeys framed me. :D

All in all, with no worries about rippers or helicopters, I'm laughing. :muahaha:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saibai said:

All in all, with no worries about rippers or helicopters, I'm laughing. :muahaha:
Konnichiwa Sabaisan :biglaugh:

Well, you should be man.........(no worries and laughing)....you know....that is what it's all about.....and, me?, personally?, these days?....I try to recognize those moments as they come.....and savor as long as I can :smoke:..

Was talking to someone while down south.........about how such moments?...well, those moments aren't simply moments...(real time....)

Meaning.....this moment?.......well, this moment isn't for now.....it's for later :smoke:...

I'd be going apeshit! :biglaugh:

(Pun intended....I saw endless humor in that :biglaugh:...)

(apeshit, monkeys, mountain for anyone who didn't get it the first time :biglaugh:)......

Yeah....I have a tendency towards excess..............can't seem to control it..:biglaugh:

Glad all is well man.....sincerely....and, best of luck.......winding down (almost July 1st)....winding down now.......Aug 1st right around the corner (JUly always a blur, holiday, partying, work....blink of an eye we're into August and it's getting close......(and I'm behind schedule due to my relaxing a little too much, going to be against a wall next month with schedule myself :biglaugh:)

Hope all is well with all.........can end up a good season.......(50-50 chance...:smoke:...)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saibai said:

Seriously though.....man...you should be laughing, enjoying yourself.....

On a mountain in Japan with monkeys......

I know I'd be walking away with no shortage of stories :biglaugh:

Such is above.......an experience to carry with you for a long time to come I would think :smoke:......

(I'd be smiling/laughing to myself about those little fuckers years from now :biglaugh:)

Must be nice man.....

I'm working on my own little piece of free reign in the mountains somewhere desolate and safe now also :smoke:

lemonade

Veteran
well...

Today was my first real day in the bush this season (other, smaller things going, but urban, private, etc so no real work bringing in supplies).

unfortunately, I learned that my ambition exceeds my physical ability. The spot is about half a mile up the side of a mountain. Very steep terrain, with lots of slash/deadfall to climb though.

I quickly learned that hauling full bales of soil up terrain like that just wasn't going to happen...I mean, i suppose you could do it, but trying to balance and walk across suspended logs, very thick bush, trip after trip...Just not a good idea.

I'm using bales of peat, so there a bit heavier than bales of peat/perlite. Stayed away from the mixed cause I knew the bales would inevitably get punctured/spilled climbing through all the deadfall. Trails of perlite everywhere...not so cool.:smile:

Luckily I anticipated not being able to haul the full bales so I cut them in half and wrapped them in the bush. I noticed that if you carefully squeeze the half bales in a smaller/medium sized trash bag (case in vehicle always coming in handy) as opposed to the bigger ones it sort of holds it together, so they wont fall apart/expand into just a loose bag when hauling it.

Anyhow I hate to admit it but I couldn't get all the supplies all the way to the spot(s). Yep...I hate to say it, but i couldn't....

Now..I. know what your thinking....Most of the time when people tell me they can't do something I ask them "you can't, or just don't want to?"

But the truth is I truly couldn't.

I'm not the type of person that quits early because something's more work than expected, or its too hot out, back hurts, or whatever. When I set out to do something, I'm not satisfied until it's 100% done.

But after working for 7 hours in 85 degree temps heat exhaustion began to set in...Dizziness, nausea, muscles cramping, headache, etc. It set in pretty fast too..within an hour my pace had slowed to a crawl. I'd haul
supplies maybe 50, 100 ft before getting so dizzy I'd have to sit down, maybe throw up a little, drink some water, sit for a couple minutes (with 100's of mosquitoes and flies hovering around me, feasting upon me).

Laying there I realized that if my condition got much worse, I was in serious danger of not getting out of the bush that night (or quite frankly, at all), so I had to leave everything as is, and just gtfo...

I'm very glad I left when I did... the short 1.5-2 mile trip back to the car took about 1.5 hours. I was so weak and dizzy I'd pretty much collapse on the road and lay there for awhile, walk a awhile, repeat.

I jut really hate to leave things unfinished like that... But still I feel that I accomplished a good amount of work. I'm just going over all the stuff in my head...8 bales, 8 11lb coco blocks, 6x 20lb castings, 4x 50lb manure, bunch of other random shit, so a little shy of 1000 lbs moved halfway to the spots, and then about half of that moved to the spots themselves, plus a lot scouting and general hiking around. Also many valuable lessons learned, so I guess I should cheer up a bit. :smile:

Hopefully I'll be feeling 100% tomorrow and I can go back and get this shit done.

Last edited:
Lemonade,
If you have half of your supplies half way up and half of your supplies at the site then you are 3/4 of the way there!! If the terrain is that tough for you then maybe it will be tough for anyone else to get up there also. Follow me? If you learned valuable lessons ,then you are light years ahead of the couch potato average American. You will feel like shit today for sure, but tomorrow.. you will be like "I want some more of that". Welcome to the powerful addiction of outdoor growing. Just like the song, " I used to do a little, but a little wouldnt do it, so a little got more and more" Meetings Tues at 1900, coffe and doghnuts served for a donation.

Saibai when I was in Japan it was 7 years mandatory for possession, and if you were a non-citizen you had 24 hours to tell them where you got it, or it was 49 years mandatory. Needles to say not too much herb around for sale. One of those fancy match boxes they have over there was like $75.00 US maybe a gram or so in it. The women were delicate, and beautiful, so the life there was still good even though herb was hard to get.

HOVAH

lemonade thats good anyway, in the future ... you need to hydrate your body with atleast 1-2 gallons of water before trip... freeze 1 gallon overnite to take with you....drink you 2 RED BULLS or any energy drink and eat 2 plates of pasta before you go..... I DUG OVER 100 HOLES BY HAND, HAULED 3 55 GALLONS OF WATER WITH HAND TRUCK THRU BUSHES, PLANTED EVERYTHING... AND WAS OUT IN 4.5- 5.5 HOURS........... I DID PLAY BASKET BALL IN COLLEGE, AND IN KNOW HOW FAR I CAN PUSH MY BODY BUT ANYONE CAN DO THIS..... THE KEY IS HYDRATION.... YOU REALLY SHOULD START DRINKING WATER THE DAY BEFORE.... DRINKING 1-2GALLONS PER DAY REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE.....TEMPS IN MY REGION START 85 DEGREES@ 8 AM AND REACH TO 98-104 PLUS ITS HUMID, ALOT OF PEOPLE DIED HERE FROM IT.....REMEMBER TO HYDRATE!!!!! ATLEAST 1-2 GALLONS A DAY!!!!!

lemonade

Veteran
"If you have half of your supplies half way up and half of your supplies at the site then you are 3/4 of the way there!! If the terrain is that tough for you then maybe it will be tough for anyone else to get up there also. Follow me?"
Yep absolutely....not the place one goes for a casual stroll. Getting in and out one is guaranteed a few bumps, bruises, scrapes etc. Climbing over all that deadfall is a serious pita...and somewhat dangerous. Like I said the terrain is quite steep so the logs can shift and start to roll when you start climbing around on them.
you will feel like shit today for sure, but tomorrow.. you will be like "I want some more of that"
Yep I'm already itching to get back out there, and get everything done. Might go back out tonight if I'm feeling up to it.

Don't know though, might give myself one more day...was feeling pretty fucked up yesterday.

Just pisses me off to no end that I didn't get it all done and wrapped up 100%. :joint:
"lemonade thats good anyway, in the future ... you need to hydrate your body with atleast 1-2 gallons of water before trip... freeze 1 gallon overnite to take with you"
I agree. I brought ten 500 ml bottles of water pre-frozen and I could have drank more. I think the problem was lack of hydration throughout days prior. Perhaps too many iced cold ones while BBQ'ing that weekend. Also I've been nursing a relatively minor sunburn. I'm sure this affected my body's ability to deal with heat. Many valuable lessons learned. :smile:
"TEMPS IN MY REGION START 85 DEGREES@ 8 AM AND REACH TO 98-104 PLUS ITS HUMID, ALOT OF PEOPLE DIED HERE FROM IT.....REMEMBER TO HYDRATE!!!!!"
Oh yea man..the sun doesn't mess around....no joking. I finally realized that if i didn't get out of there quickly I could easily stroke out and become fertilizer myself...so...like I said, many valuable lessons learned.

Last edited:

NPK

I'm glad to see people posting about things like sun exposure and dehydration. I'm a NUT about wearing sunscreen--I don't think anybody really, actually wants to be a medical patient! I also wear long-sleeved shirts with sunscreen in the fabric, plus a wide-brimmed hat with a neck protecting flap. It gets pretty hot, but skin cancer ain't on my to-do list, and El Sol ain't to be messed with. It's a security thing, too. I don't want to look as though I spend a great deal of time outside. Even with all those measures I still get some color. (And somehow, poison ivy on my right leg??? Not something I wish to explain to my woman!)

Good footwear is key too. I've been happy with my waterproof hiking boots. Couldn't have gotten up some hills without 'em, and they're great around creeks, too. If something heavy should fall on my foot, it'd be protected. This isn't a job for old sneakers.

I got dehydrated last week myself, even though I bring several bottles of iced water. I'd unwittingly left it in the car and my ass was dragging badly by the end of that planting session. It was scorching hot in my area last week.

Yeah, it's very physically challenging work. You've gotta pack and dress for the occassion.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lemonade said:
I jut really hate to leave things unfinished like that... But still I feel that I accomplished a good amount of work. I'm just going over all the stuff in my head...8 bales, 8 11lb coco blocks, 6x 20lb castings, 4x 50lb manure, bunch of other random shit, so a little shy of 1000 lbs moved halfway to the spots, and then about half of that moved to the spots themselves, plus a lot scouting and general hiking around. Also many valuable lessons learned, so I guess I should cheer up a bit. :smile:
Well, you know man.......to me?....sounds like a good fuckin day...(productive is priceless.....and, well, throw learning something on top of it?.....well..........productive and insight?...fuck man, what more could you want :smoke:..

I alas....didn't have as good a day........we'll get to that later if I even want to think about it.....(saw one of 3 large ones.........biggest loss I have ever taken....ever...in my life.....can't even believe so great, and, combination of everything together (including half assed crew.......)

Did you/have you been preparing for season?....(diet, exercise, etc?)

Jungle Jim said:
If you learned valuable lessons ,then you are light years ahead of the couch potato average American.
I'm sayin :smoke:...priceless....

You will feel like shit today for sure, but tomorrow.. you will be like "I want some more of that".
Sounds about right :biglaugh:....That's the process :biglaugh:....
Meetings Tues at 1900, coffee and donuts served for a donation.
And Thursdays....:smoke:

HOVAH said:
lemonade thats good anyway, in the future ... you need to hydrate your body with atleast 1-2 gallons of water before trip... freeze 1 gallon overnite to take with you....drink you 2 RED BULLS or any energy drink and eat 2 plates of pasta before you go..... I DUG OVER 100 HOLES BY HAND, HAULED 3 55 GALLONS OF WATER WITH HAND TRUCK THRU BUSHES, PLANTED EVERYTHING... AND WAS OUT IN 4.5- 5.5 HOURS........... I DID PLAY BASKET BALL IN COLLEGE, AND IN KNOW HOW FAR I CAN PUSH MY BODY BUT ANYONE CAN DO THIS..... THE KEY IS HYDRATION.... YOU REALLY SHOULD START DRINKING WATER THE DAY BEFORE.... DRINKING 1-2GALLONS PER DAY REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE.....TEMPS IN MY REGION START 85 DEGREES@ 8 AM AND REACH TO 98-104 PLUS ITS HUMID, ALOT OF PEOPLE DIED HERE FROM IT.....REMEMBER TO HYDRATE!!!!! ATLEAST 1-2 GALLONS A DAY!!!!!
Well, you know (Basketball), the real issue, at least for me , when your talking forest is the fuckin humidity....I run and such a lot...and, I mean....90 on street and 90 in forest....man, 2 completely different things (throw bugs on top, etc), but, yeah, liquids the biggie, and, I know from personal experience.......dictates your day...big time...Not enough to drink?....well, not going to put in a full day depending on weather...just not going to make it.....

Now........something else all should always be aware of....(sure, common sense but we tend to overlook when obsessed and on a mission :biglaugh:)

Take a look at weather report...........better the temps, better the work...(I know, sounds obvious, but, having worked all day in 70's and in 100's......100's drags you dogs, half as productive, etc...even 10 degrees makes a huge difference with productivity....ie: "well, next 2-3 days high 90's.....weekend a little cool coming in, so, will finish weekend, etc).....always try and schedule any and everything to your advantage...(every little bit helps...and, every little bit adds up.....

Yeah...gallon of sweat?......nothing...easy to lose if right/(wrong:biglaugh) conditions and work......

lemonade said:
Yep I'm already itching to get back out there, and get everything done. Might go back out tonight if I'm feeling up to it.
:biglaugh:.....see! :smoke:
Don't know though, might give myself one more day...was feeling pretty fucked up yesterday.

Just pisses me off to no end that I didn't get it all done and wrapped up 100%. :joint:
Eh,m sound like me :biglaugh: Nah man, lot of work done.........nothing to be annoyed about :smoke:...
I agree. I brought ten 500 ml bottles of water pre-frozen and I could have drank more. I think the problem was lack of hydration throughout days prior. Perhaps too many iced cold ones while BBQ'ing that weekend. Also I've been nursing a relatively minor sunburn. I'm sure this affected my body's ability to deal with heat. Many valuable lessons learned. :smile:
Alcohol of course dehydrates one :smoke:.......so..

Another thing about working, the heat, etc...extra (ice, water, melted, coolers, etc) always also for you! (as in head, back, neck, arms, etc....lowers body temps, etc.....which, again...cooler you are......more productive.......(I use more like that than drinking it......)

Keeping down body temps a big thing.....
Oh yea man..the sun doesn't mess around....no joking. I finally realized that if i didn't get out of there quickly I could easily stroke out and become fertilizer myself...so...like I said, many valuable lessons learned.
Well.......and you might find for future runs if you pace yourself, drink enough, use enough on head and back, etc......you might be good for a little more/while longer.....

NPK said:
I'm glad to see people posting about things like sun exposure and dehydration. I'm a NUT about wearing sunscreen--I don't think anybody really, actually wants to be a medical patient! I also wear long-sleeved shirts with sunscreen in the fabric, plus a wide-brimmed hat with a neck protecting flap. It gets pretty hot, but skin cancer ain't on my to-do list, and El Sol ain't to be messed with. It's a security thing, too. I don't want to look as though I spend a great deal of time outside. Even with all those measures I still get some color. (And somehow, poison ivy on my right leg??? Not something I wish to explain to my woman!)

Good footwear is key too. I've been happy with my waterproof hiking boots. Couldn't have gotten up some hills without 'em, and they're great around creeks, too. If something heavy should fall on my foot, it'd be protected. This isn't a job for old sneakers.

I got dehydrated last week myself, even though I bring several bottles of iced water. I'd unwittingly left it in the car and my ass was dragging badly by the end of that planting session. It was scorching hot in my area last week.

Yeah, it's very physically challenging work. You've gotta pack and dress for the occassion.
Amen........:smoke:

Sunscreen and such actually underrated, and, I was actually explaining what it is and does to people lately :biglaugh:....(really, didn't know what the numbers are, SPF, etc, etc....and, as far as effectiveness, well...I just spent myself 2 weeks down by the equator more or less....out in sun up to 12+ hours every day......not only no burns, but, a little disappointed I went too high....(stuck with 30 and 50) .should have gotten/would have liked a little more color :biglaugh:......(should have cut it down 50-30-15-none, etc)

Burn no joke either.....serious enough can put one out of commission for a week or so.....

Yeah......no shortage on ice in coolers and such (can use for head, body, etc....)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So......have 3 large ones....lot of small ones....haven't been to couple small ones but should be fine (weather report failed me when planting some......storms passed over.......went about 1.5 week without rain before they rolled in, so, as long as they made it that week, they should be fine....)

Have some other smaller spots (city/suburban) which are coming along really nice (but all smaller)....and, out of 3 large, saw one..........and, no...have never experienced such a loss......was in a fuckin rage...combination of all (animals, insects, no cages, no sprayed (insects) , not trimmed, too much rain, etc.....on and on....

Think I could have done something, they could have...maybe yes, maybe no...it is what it is.....that spot?....smaller one, say 1,000 in 10 spots......100 each spot, and, in the end...might have 200 left........but, will have it replanted and done fuckin right in a couple weeks or so...I'm over my initial rage, sorrow, anger, etc, etc....what can you do, it is what it is, move on, move forward, etc....

2 other larger ones not close, but, also concerned, but, we will see (those might be 2,000 each or so......not sure....kinda lost track and don't care...know "enough" between all 3........)

So...as above......shit happens...luckily early enough to recover and not miss a beat......lot of time left......still possible to redo and everything fine....so.......

At least the fuckin holes are already done and ripe :biglaugh:......crank out a couple new rounds in next week or 2......plant...then, take a trip again :smoke:.....eh, is what it is....

lemonade

Veteran
"Well, you know man.......to me?....sounds like a good fuckin day...(productive is priceless.....and, well, throw learning something on top of it?.....well..........productive and insight?...fuck man, what more could you want"
Yea I suppose I should be more positive about these things. At the very least I got to spent a day out in nature, right?

Thats one of the things I love about this "hobby".

Getting away from everything...The silence and solitude that comes with working in the bush...seeing wildlife...honing skills that for the most part have been lost for hundreds of years.
"I alas....didn't have as good a day........we'll get to that later if I even want to think about it.....(saw one of 3 large ones.........biggest loss I have ever taken....ever...in my life.....can't even believe so great, and, combination of everything together (including half assed crew.......)"
I'm really sorry to hear that man.
"Did you/have you been preparing for season?....(diet, exercise, etc?)"
Yea a bit, though not enough apparently. :smile:
"Well.......and you might find for future runs if you pace yourself, drink enough, use enough on head and back, etc......you might be good for a little more/while longer....."
Yea I really try man...I get kinda manic when theres a lot of work to be done, and it really does work against me sometimes. Like you said "obsessed and on a mission".

I definitely need to learn to calm down and take a breather once in awhile. I probably should have made the loads smaller and made a few more trips. Of course I was trying to limit exposure by making as few trips as possible, but you know...being so exhausted and depleted that you can barely walk let alone run leaves you pretty vulnerable, should a situation arise.

Theres a balance to everything I suppose. One of countless lessons learned. :joint:
"Have some other smaller spots (city/suburban) which are coming along really nice (but all smaller)....and, out of 3 large, saw one..........and, no...have never experienced such a loss......was in a fuckin rage...combination of all (animals, insects, no cages, no sprayed (insects) , not trimmed, too much rain, etc.....on and on...."

Like I said man I'm really sorry to hear that...You must be pretty choked. It's one thing to suffer loss from some unforeseen circumstance...some random act of god...a hailstorm, flood, coldsnap etc, but to get screwed over because someone didn't properly do their job...damn you must be pissed.

By the way, just curious...what kind of sprays do you usually use? Sorry if it's already been mentioned. Neem, pyrethrum based?

I've never sprayed outdoors before...but I'm thinking I should this year...I've got a lot less stock then I'd like, (45-50, taking another 10 tonight, mother still growing nicely) so I'm really trying to prevent any avoidable losses.

Old region i never had any insect problems, but no idea what I'm going to be up against here.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lemonade said:
Yea I suppose I should be more positive about these things. At the very least I got to spent a day out in nature, right?

Thats one of the things I love about this "hobby".

Getting away from everything...The silence and solitude that comes with working in the bush...seeing wildlife...honing skills that for the most part have been lost for hundreds of years.
And singing country songs about growing green :biglaugh:.....I hear ya :smoke: (drives one of my guys fuckin nuts :biglaugh:)
Yea a bit, though not enough apparently. :smile:
Well, wouldn't be the first time and you wouldn't be the only one...nothing like serious day of hard work to show you exactly what shape your in :smoke:..(been there, done that :biglaugh:, know the feeling....)
Yea I really try man...I get kinda manic when theres a lot of work to be done, and it really does work against me sometimes. Like you said "obsessed and on a mission".

I definitely need to learn to calm down and take a breather once in awhile. I probably should have made the loads smaller and made a few more trips. Of course I was trying to limit exposure by making as few trips as possible, but you know...being so exhausted and depleted that you can barely walk let alone run leaves you pretty vulnerable, should a situation arise.

Theres a balance to everything I suppose. One of countless lessons learned. :joint:
Yeah man.......I'm a big "pace yourself" guy.....big time....and, fully agree and understand sometimes hard to do so :smoke:......

"Obsessed and on a mission" :biglaugh: Yeah dude...believe it man.....I'm pretty bad sometimes like that :biglaugh:....
Like I said man I'm really sorry to hear that...You must be pretty choked. It's one thing to suffer loss from some unforeseen circumstance...some random act of god...a hailstorm, flood, coldsnap etc, but to get screwed over because someone didn't properly do their job...damn you must be pissed.

By the way, just curious...what kind of sprays do you usually use? Sorry if it's already been mentioned. Neem, pyrethrum based?

I've never sprayed outdoors before...but I'm thinking I should this year...I've got a lot less stock then I'd like, (45-50, taking another 10 tonight, mother still growing nicely) so I'm really trying to prevent any avoidable losses.

Old region i never had any insect problems, but no idea what I'm going to be up against here.
Honestly?.......I went into a fuckin rage, but very quickly pulled back, because, frankly......I could blame some for something, but, all in all?...would those single tasks have made an overall difference?.......

Insects?...well, honestly?...in the past never had serious problems...and, when minor problems, sprayed..(Neem, Pyrethrum,Citrus Oil based stuff...)...but...like I saw at one site (new).......never have seen that much damage..(and, again....no, not due to insect damage.......insects, animals.....rain......weeds/no trimming...all combined, so, I mean.....I saved the bitching.....saved it...fuck it, it's done, nothing will come from dwelling, have to look forward......

My 2 guys did though get a very serious, and very firm: "Okay......happy?.......now can we do exactly as I say?, or do you want to lose another $_____,______each????...I've got more.....doesn't matter to me....."

(That was all that needed to be said :biglaugh:.........and, they readily agreed maybe would be better off doing everything exactly as I said......because, really?...everything that happened, and everything that was seen was basically as I had described to them before we started...so...there was 1-2 "Seeeeeeee" also :biglaugh:.....

Yeah...never saw insect issues that bad...but, again, was combined, everything, all at one time, etc.......so...you know man...it's done, it's over, working on next one....made my point, don't want to abuse/pound them down any more......(Later we talked about "what they felt" when they saw...and.......they were more affected than me......they need this more than me, so.......they came around pretty quick......have to hit another one asap....hopefully this is only one that had a problem (and, frankly,. partly my fault, because I did take off for couple weeks, so....

Nah...I'm cool man.......we'll see the other ones, see how they look, etc.........if they're okay?, will make me feel better and have this one replanted in couple weeks, so...eh, it is what it is.....focus better spent on future...moving forward....

Last edited:
i havent had the motivation this year until now to do anything at all, since may 15 my brother was killed. i cant let this year slip by without bringing in atleast my personal stash, so im doing "minis".

i managed to get a spot that i can start some plants in, i rented a secured area for a month. my question is what light cycle should i start them under?

when they go outside, it will be almost august, which is when my plants flower around here anyway, so they will be short statured.

what should i do? start off 22/2?? i want them to flower asap.

maybe 2 weeks of 22/2 then 2 weeks 12/12?

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
frostynugs420 said:
i havent had the motivation this year until now to do anything at all, since may 15 my brother was killed. i cant let this year slip by without bringing in atleast my personal stash, so im doing "minis".
Well......my most sincere condolences.........as much as some anonymous person somewhere can offer, but, was a turning point in my life when I realized we are never alone....and that many others are/have been there.....and know the feelings....(pain, suffering, loss).....

Of course, in addition to that.....most of us now know time is the only healing factor in such matters.....so.......that being said....May time pass you and your family by quickly.....and bring inner peace....

Despite what happens...life around us always continues......
i managed to get a spot that i can start some plants in, i rented a secured area for a month. my question is what light cycle should i start them under?

when they go outside, it will be almost august, which is when my plants flower around here anyway, so they will be short statured.

what should i do? start off 22/2?? i want them to flower asap.

maybe 2 weeks of 22/2 then 2 weeks 12/12?
Okay.....what I do....would do.....do.....is I always for 24/0, as close as possible, because of course quickest growth and can get them outside asap.....(sooner outside, sooner can grab, and get settled in.....)

I also at this point go as soon as mildly "established" (roots)....

Aspects to be aware of, are, of course, smaller they are, less established they are, the more vulnerable they are...(so, attention required for moisture, etc), but, angles are smaller holes needed, quicker prep, etc......)

I would go 24/0 for 10 days or so and them get them out and make sure moisture good.......(depending on spot might also want to contemplate and address animal issues, because as above, smaller they are, the more vulnerable they are), but, a lot also depends on your numbers..(I always assume higher......we always relate to things through our own experiences.....)

Lot of people as earlier want to "keep " things back to get them more established in, when, in reality, can't match the rates of out, so, sooner they are out sooner they can get underway.......

Yeah, right now I am doing 24/0 asap (10 days more or less, depending) and, out they go...moisture addressed, animals and insects due to new spot (pepper and neem, pyretheum, citrus mix, will have them hit weekly until maybe week 3 of flower or so, etc.....)

I have gone as early though as 6 days.....(12" from 1k's, light nutes from day 1, etc, some pics from last in gallery, roots also,........6 days to out)....

I got slammed as above, so, trying to scramble to recover on at least one, and, starting to get a little anxiety because still haven't seen other 2 large ops yet.....could be the same...could be fine...not knowing keeping me up 24/7.......haven't been able to make a break and unsure if going to have to redo all 3...(might not be possible, not enough stock, not enough time, etc.....)

On a different note?......

In such times of trials and tribulations....loss.........at least for me?....work , hard and a lot of it suits me (mentally) well........helps me pass the time......contemplation........so........Peace and comfort to you and your family.......no stranger.......been there (far too many times)...so.....yeah...work?.....has helped me through such quite a few times...

Yeah, I'm feeling the squeeze more than ever before.......(timewise).....planting targets for me now going mid July more or less, still haven't made it to 2 other large ones (I know smaller everywhere are fine, different areas)....just feeling the squeeze.....first time in my life questioning outcome.....don't like it........say it didn't bother me, but, been eating me away a little.......dumping 2 people and bringing 2 others in from different states, and, as of this season, no more new people........sticking with old, tried and true....(well, maybe new ones in a lighter capacity, not senior position :smoke:....)

Still time though, and, I realize every year about this time I remind myself July is HUGE month........so.......

Last edited:

marto

Hey julian, sorry about the loss...still plenty of time to make up and may even exceed your original estimate. One thing worries me and i'm sure you may have thought of it. Any chance the loss was caused by a human intervention, like a halfassed attempt to do an eradication with sprays or poisons. And the result may look like bug damage. Just my paranoid mind at work......

C

CheifnBud2

When you guys just walk off into nowhere with a backpack, dont people start to notice you and kinda question what your doing out there?

Mabey having a grow off a walking trail would work but dont most of you just plant out in the midde of nowhere?

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
marto said:
Hey julian, sorry about the loss...still plenty of time to make up and may even exceed your original estimate.
Thanks man......I tried to relax and keep it all in perspective, but, think it got to me a little more than I thought....feeling pressed.....not sure if enough time, and, while the above sounds good, and, what I tell myself...I mean, loss was early planted full holes and prep...(ie: The guarantee...), so......feeling pressed and concerned about making it up on late season...(actually, mid/late....we'll see....)
One thing worries me and i'm sure you may have thought of it. Any chance the loss was caused by a human intervention, like a halfassed attempt to do an eradication with sprays or poisons. And the result may look like bug damage. Just my paranoid mind at work......
Nah, I saw everything.......lot were animals..(chewed....)...combined with heavy rains....(flushed, yellowed, root rot, weeds 1-7 feet in 4 weeks, no sun, not trimmed)........combined with bugs..(eaten to shit).....

Nah......and, again...can't really blame any one specific person on project since was a combination of all......rains??....higher water?....out of anyones control....frankly?.....I am probably most to blame...Supposed to maintain full control, and, I'm 3,000 miles away fucking off instead of keeping things tight...(which is why I never do/have before during season....)

Whatever......we'll see what happens...shitload of work to make it all up......hustling....we'll see...if I can get everything back in within 10 days or so.....and other 2 ops are in good condition......(which I still haven't seen yet, making it almost 6 weeks or so.....)

Whatever man.....I'll fuckin tell ya this: Never, ever, ever again, under any circumstances letting things get this far beyond my total and complete control....so, that being said?...anything and everything in the end is my fault and rests with me...whatever....I'm pretty fuckin down about it, and, others "just don't fuckin get it".....(what?...anything :smoke:)

A phrase I have been using more and more lately..."Just don't get it".....Not getting to other 2 also has not been my decision....so.......

Whatever......2 of the spots are new locations....good locations...will use them in future, but, not going to let anything be done unless 100% under my total and complete and constant control...

Whatever man......I'll tell ya.......I have never been let down by people and disappointed as much as this season....

BUT......

See, again with my worrying, because everything that is left may very well be fine and recover..(got in there, weedwacked everything down, sprayed, fed, etc), and, is still early.......(actually, they did extremely well (the ones that remained) despite...planted at 6"....lot of them almost 4' 30 days later, so.....we get in there a little more often to control the weeds, feed and spray, well.......6" -4' in 30 days, July/August still coming up....could end up fine (but, that op....fuck..maybe lost 70% or so?.......a lot...so....), and, again, still haven't gotten around to other 2, which am still trying to shortly.....

(Frankly, one of reasons I really want to hit other 2 is not only for knowing and scheduling, but if they are doing well if will make me feel a fuck of a lot better :biglaugh:...........big time :smoke:.....)

Great spots though.......this year a little off as far as planning because most came up last minute...so......know now conditions demand a little more attention than last I have been doing,m so, whatever.......what you can, when you can where you can, how you can, right? :smoke:...

Is what it is....

Frankly, worst aspect for me is someone I love like a brother fuckin let me down man.........big time...and, believe me man........I would take anything else over that.............anything else.......That is the worst...(ie: Brought em in, busted my ass, did more than I should have these runs, to make them money, and, in the end,might cost me my money............which is something I take seriously........not lightly at all.......)

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CheifnBud2 said:
When you guys just walk off into nowhere with a backpack, dont people start to notice you and kinda question what your doing out there?

Mabey having a grow off a walking trail would work but dont most of you just plant out in the midde of nowhere?
I think a lot of different scenarios for a lot of different people......lot gone over throughout thread.....

For me and my situations, city or otherwise, no.......method and approach is structured around observers....(city walking with bags from store......farther out done different...etf, etc, etc...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts