What's new

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to find good info on what works in the right amounts where the CS is concerned. I have the place to just run some and see what I can come up with. The WW is great but man everytime I try any white strains out the bugs fuck with it something terrible. Fem BBXNL that doesnt have any issues, now Im getting a woody. Im not a breeder so would have to rely on someone elses gentics, but I will get the CS thing figured out. I was just going to try different concentrations and timing, untill I hit the mark. Like you said though the fem stuff is always out of stock, or what is available there are sketchy reports on potency. 2MM on a 100X100 spot: I see we bought our calculators at the same place, those are real close to the figures that I came up with. I was thinking of direct seeding on 5/10 or close to it. Should be done by mid July. If all goes well, do another run, and be done by mid-late Sept. Or maybe do a 150X150 early and then dont have any more exposure to speak of that the origianl plot. Lots of angles to it. Or maybe 230k on a five acre plot. Now maybe 40-45MM for only 70 days of exposure. Kind of gets the juices flowing doesnt it?

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oohcow said:
hahaha I know exactly what you're talkin about Julian.. "knowing it all" and all that jazz.
Not towards anyone here or specific or anything, just was topic of discussion, figured throw it in.....
quick question. where are your getting the AF fem aks? is it your own stock or does someone stock these?
Going to fem something procured elsewhere...I think I have seen some fem AF stock somewhere, but.....need volume, so.....

Jungle Jim said:
Hard to find good info on what works in the right amounts where the CS is concerned. I have the place to just run some and see what I can come up with.
True, but, there seems to be a general consensus overall on most aspects, so......you work it into situation (as in with the AF's....pre flower treatment, etc.....and go from there......etc...) I have though seen (again, overall), most claiming success (and displaying in some cases), and happiness with outcome....so.......cases which lacked any/either/all seemed to vary from the general consensus, so.......I'm fairly optimistic.....Problem with these matters is of course total and complete satisfaction and certainty of success comes much later (ie: Through the run first, then through veg, flower, to finish of the offspring/resulting product before one certain...so...)
The WW is great but man everytime I try any white strains out the bugs fuck with it something terrible.
See, due to doing too many things at the same time, I sometimes miss/never notice such things......(small specifics, etc)...sometimes I'll catch something like that here and there (diet of PP's for example...), but, most of the time, just work it through and don't focus too much on one specific thing....)
Fem BBXNL that doesnt have any issues, now Im getting a woody. Im not a breeder so would have to rely on someone elses gentics, but I will get the CS thing figured out. I was just going to try different concentrations and timing, untill I hit the mark. Like you said though the fem stuff is always out of stock, or what is available there are sketchy reports on potency.
I really can't remember having "problems" with anything specific (fems).....

CS concentrations and such, no specifics as far as I have found, only rough guidelines from those with previous success, so....

Timing universally by those with previous success seems to be late veg through early flower (which, again, in case of AF's, your not looking at things that will give you pre flowers, so, seems to me best solution to meet that aspect is early on....), so.......have seen people mention varying from that and questioning their success of results, so....

I've had great success with fems overall......Have tried quite a few, so.....pretty happy overall..(and, as earlier, different aspects regarding convenience....such as lowering turnaround times and such....which again also helps overall with risk reduction and stuff....I mean.....lot of attractive angles...(Of course I do understand the aspects that some dislike......but, they've served me well overall...will run them again (shortly actually :biglaugh:

I see we bought our calculators at the same place, those are real close to the figures that I came up with.
Green Model, 420 Series :biglaugh:....

You know, when your working with such?...........eh.....a little off? ........eh....never really something too upsetting I have found :biglaugh:

:smoke:

I would through say that is the optimistic numbers and assuming (mandatory) clear and open spot with heavy, heavy sun all day, etc......If I were doing it tomorrow?...would cut that number in half (to rely on).....and consider everything over gravy...(which could be shared with people for help, etc, etc...so, you have the guarantee, then you have everyone taken care of, and, know that after everything/everyone taken care of you still might be seeing another 100 (p's) or so....:smoke:
I was thinking of direct seeding on 5/10 or close to it. Should be done by mid July. If all goes well, do another run, and be done by mid-late Sept. Or maybe do a 150X150 early and then dont have any more exposure to speak of that the origianl plot. Lots of angles to it. Or maybe 230k on a five acre plot.
Well, I can tell you this....(keepin the rounds going)...........You'd be looking at maintaining some serious, serious discipline.....

Which may, or may not be a problem ......

A more serious problem?

Keeping everyone else on projects(s) focused...(ie: after first round, everyone distracted, plus then your cutting your time between harvest issues and planting, etc....

(ie: It's all quite vivid discussing.........Okay, your looking at constant work...harvest creeping up and your starting more already, harvest begins, replacing them with new ones (while still trimming, etc), and so on......)

Keeping oneself focused and others would be the real issue...(not to mention, the smart thing to do , risk wise, would be to pack it upm, because then you'd be breaking away from the certainty and safety of early rounds (May/June), and breaking into July/Aug-Sept/Oct , which are the hotter months (for eradication) to bgin with.....

If I had 5 acres cleared and prepped and the stock?...I'd do it tomorrow....no problem...wouldn't blink an eye........

Due to the below
:
Now maybe 40-45MM for only 70 days of exposure. Kind of gets the juices flowing doesnt it?
Your forgetting the big picture:
Your not looking at 70 days risk/exposure.......

You might be looking at 30 :smoke:

(Anything under 6-8"?...maybe even 12"...not mid/late flower?...Nah...nobody is seeing that...........No one here could pick it out from more than 30 feet away.....)

Me?...I'm there, it's done :smoke:.....and, since so quick?.......I'll post up some pics (I know people would like to see) when it's done.....(and the other when I get it underway, which will be 100 times larger, but, since non US, well....big deal....thousands of farms across the world...no big deal....but, 1-2-3-5 acre AF in US?......I personally think I would enjoy the feeling of being packed up and done with it :smoke:....

People talk about having to prove something, etc.....yeah, I have a couple....but, they are things I have to prove to myself :smoke:...

If I can pull down a round of each? (larger south and AF), well, that would be the time I could never do another batch and be happy and content :smoke:..(Frankly, I think that would be a good book :smoke:...)

(I would think having to state "Happy and content" is nothing related to money doesn't have to be said :smoke:........cause once you break a certain point.....not even remotely about the money :smoke:)

Most of us could talk for days about it (growing, etc), and days later it would be: "Oh, yeah, I got money coming in on top of it!..." :biglaugh:

You can always tell the ones that don't understand :smoke:...They're the ones who say it's all about the money :smoke:

In a field essentially "underground" to start with.....with no acknowledgments of any kind whatsoever....for any accomplishments....well........little money as a reward for a job well done is a nice bonus....

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just stoppin in, killing some time........
Don't forget.......Summer Holiday activity/enforcement... DUI/DWI/sobriety.....seatbelts......etc,etc......They're out there in many places...........watch or forget the plants if not done yet......

Might not be starting till tomorrow.....might start this afternoon.....might be hitting Saturday, might be hitting Sunday....sure every place different agenda.....

(Of some help.......sometimes, some agencies will post their planned activities on their websites (State,County,sometimes city, etc........)

Just be careful on the roads.....Hope all have a good Holiday, and, more importantly, hope all enjoy it....cause, most here definitely deserve/need/have earned a break :smoke:

HOVAH

yeah been thinking, ferm. seeds are a better solution to big grows, im gonna try my hand with CS.... if i can get 5-6 thousand ferm seeds, its gotta be better than cloning ... with seed viger alone..... ferm Kali- Mist and Arjan Haze3 will be my stock....
Theyve just started to show sex.... Im thinking about SEPT. ill have seeds ready...... does starting a grow Sept give anyone concern.... i live in the South.. it doesnt get too cold until maybe JAN OR FEB... DO YOU THINK IT CAN WORK???

southwind

Just breezin in..

Just breezin in..

What Julian said earlier about not being a young person...but new thoughts, attitudes, changes..personality..all of what you said was right on.

That maybe its us who are changing not so much others.

I needed to hear that.

I was wishing last night I wish I knew at 24 what I know now at 42..I guess alot of people do that.

I was much more of a bungler then, I can still bungle pretty bad..But I more often now I see the problem comimg ..BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE.

Those things take time and experience.

I remember one of my favorite quotes from Mark Twain was

'When I was twelve, I could not believe how stupid my parents were. When I turned 21, I was amazed at how much they had learned in nine years."

a great thread..

today I am thinking of taking J's advice if they are not in forget it if they are in watch them..

take it one thing at a time, slow down, maybe ENJOY the process, instead of just seeing life as a to do list.

sw

Julian said:
Just stoppin in, killing some time........
Don't forget.......Summer Holiday activity/enforcement... DUI/DWI/sobriety.....seatbelts......etc,etc......They're out there in many places...........watch or forget the plants if not done yet......

Might not be starting till tomorrow.....might start this afternoon.....might be hitting Saturday, might be hitting Sunday....sure every place different agenda.....

(Of some help.......sometimes, some agencies will post their planned activities on their websites (State,County,sometimes city, etc........)

Just be careful on the roads.....Hope all have a good Holiday, and, more importantly, hope all enjoy it....cause, most here definitely deserve/need/have earned a break :smoke:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOVAH said:
Theyve just started to show sex.... Im thinking about SEPT. ill have seeds ready......

does starting a grow Sept give anyone concern....

i live in the South.. it doesnt get too cold until maybe JAN OR FEB... DO YOU THINK IT CAN WORK???
Are you saying take stock from current round,(Done in September) and then start another round in September for the fem run?...

Couple issues....
1. I don't know bottom line on any curing/aging of stock...(I've never turned right around and done stock...always remove the stock in the end after cured, etc, so......(and my rates always surpass anything I have ever bought, so.....

2. Look up your first/last frost dates (might not have any where you are, and, don't tell me, I don't wanna know :smoke:), but, if your good as far as weather, I mean, you can do year round.....ie: In places which weather allows, could be planting, say, AF's every month, 12 months a year :smoke:

All depends on your temps....you can do some searches and bring up your historical averages I am sure......

I'd ease up though on the turnaround....ie: harvest, dry, trim, cure, take seeds and then do another round.....if doing a later round, and temps fine, might go just straight into flower......so......mini's, treated, fem stock run......

My only concern/things to be aware of would be temps and time on stock before running it....

Note: I don't know.....one might be able to pull 2-3 week old stock and germ it....I've never done it, so....I have no idea...but, again, from cut to cure minimum only looking at 2 weeks.......add 2 to get them started, planting, and, 5 weeks from harvest can have another round going, which, again, if temps are in line?...wouldn't think would be a problem.....

southwind

hypothetically

hypothetically

Say I was curious, I heard of someone who plants in 15 or 20 gallon buried pots. Apparently they do this for easier mixing of the soil in the pots and gopher/ground squirrel protection for roots..which is a major issue.

But..if one could protect them without pots would it not be better and would not one get larger root systems in open soil?

It seems like a its a shame to grow outdoors and not give the roots total freedom.

Anyone have thoughts?

Anyone? Bueller?

Sw

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
southwind said:
What Julian said earlier about not being a young person...but new thoughts, attitudes, changes..personality..all of what you said was right on.

That maybe its us who are changing not so much others.

I needed to hear that.
Or...........maybe it's both :smoke:...

I just think in such times.......I'm very glad/lucky that I'm able to accept and absorb such gifts....at another point?...maybe I might not have.....

I just thought worth mentioning, because, lately?.........fuck....I feel last couple weeks as though knowledge, growth, etc, has doubled over past month or two......(Something which 2 months ago, I wouldn't have thought......) Granted....I have had some bad things, while at the same time having weeks of contemplation, so, usually such times....I draw a little from it...:smoke:)

Not the same man I was 2 months ago.......not even close....New guy working out fairly well, so :biglaugh: I'll just play along and see where it's heading I suppose :biglaugh:.....

Although unable to give credit for various reasons.....but....while out of town last time, I did speak to several very interesting people , at length, and, what was said made quite an impact....(I think that's what triggered a lot of things.....Very interesting people :smoke:...with very interesting lives....and very interesting viewpoints :smoke:.......
I was wishing last night I wish I knew at 24 what I know now at 42..I guess alot of people do that.

I was much more of a bungler then, I can still bungle pretty bad..But I more often now I see the problem comimg ..BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE.

Those things take time and experience.
You'll like this:smoke:

I have somewhat of a reputation in real life of a near psychic :biglaugh:....hear something, see something, and, can call entire process and outcome.....but, I readily state, as you did :smoke:....."I know nothing more than what I have seen before" :smoke:......

Everything in life repeats itself....people?...same behavior for thousands of years...........very predictable.....

Sometimes you get a surprise, but, as above?...well, maybe the surprise is more about our thoughts and behavior then anothers :smoke:
I remember one of my favorite quotes from Mark Twain was

'When I was twelve, I could not believe how stupid my parents were. When I turned 21, I was amazed at how much they had learned in nine years."
:biglaugh: That's funny :smoke:...
a great thread..

today I am thinking of taking J's advice if they are not in forget it if they are in watch them..

take it one thing at a time, slow down, maybe ENJOY the process, instead of just seeing life as a to do list.
sw
Thanks.......yeah....This holiday always a hot one......could be anywhere also....(I have stories :smoke:).....

Yeah....I've been /have had problems with enjoying sometimes........slowing down, etc......

One of the guys I talked to daily last time I was gone relayed to me often.......Life: one chance, one shot, no dress rehearsal...no practice....This is it!.

Sure......something we "know".....something we "hear" and nod in agreement....(when we really might not get it as we nod :biglaugh: But....this guy?.....Not a particularly wealthy man..(well, you know :smoke:)...so, not about money, etc......but, this guy?....this guy was living it......(I can't give details.....but, what details they would be......:biglaugh:....This guy?........happy and living like a billionaire.....(although almost everything he does/did.....is the free stuff...life......)

Can't even begin to explain...relay...can't even begin......

Inner peace.........I've had some here and there.....but.....never like recently...........never have known recent levels......and, couldn't even imagine prior to it.......hard to explain.......and, what triggered it?.........when it began?.........combination of many things...throw on top right place, right time......etc....

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
southwind said:
Say I was curious, I heard of someone who plants in 15 or 20 gallon buried pots. Apparently they do this for easier mixing of the soil in the pots and gopher/ground squirrel protection for roots..which is a major issue.

But..if one could protect them without pots would it not be better and would not one get larger root systems in open soil?

It seems like a its a shame to grow outdoors and not give the roots total freedom.
Well, to each his own, and lot of people run containers outside for various reasons......some valid, some maybe not, but, I would say bright side is they are running 20's, so :smoke:..(instead of 5's...etc...which I think are too limiting if talking full size /early outdoors......)

I wouldn't say not taking total advantage, because, utilizing sun after all :smoke:....I just think one shouldn't go too small when talking containers out....

I think a lot would depend overall on what they are running and where.......ie:If sunk, could do certain things with container...drill, etc.....if irrigation, constant, would also keep roots under control/smaller to start with, etc.....

Depends also how they arrived at that conclusion...ie: Have they had problems before which caused a problem, or, is that what someone told them and they "heard", etc.......

Also depends on native soil to start with.(which I assume is halfway decent for various reasons you mentioned above).....also depends on spots available.....ie: If they had problems in a specific spot but good location, maybe another spot closer would be better, etc...(I've had minor problems with such...not sure what it was.....but........no significant loss to speak of, more just an annoyance...and, wasn't entire location...just here and there......)

GroBoy2000

Hmm, im glad to see everyone picking up the ball here, thought I'd comment on some thing I was thinking

I know someone mentioned the pain of moving through heavy, thick back country, and might have felt slight failure, didnt accomplish what they wanted, cheers to you mate, and may you make it back out there, I'm slightly jealous, wish my spots were up and down hills, and through this and that, but they are out of the way, and as good as can be for the money I can spend on travel...

I still have very few plants in the ground, in fact, I wouldnt say I had ANY plants in the ground, still sitting on stuff inside, I've been more hesitant and weak willed then intentionally late and careful, brings to mind, appropriate time and situation, I couldnt think of it being inappropriate to go through with something, but ambition and scale has been moderated until I'm in fully control of the situations, including myself. I didnt take the precautions to secure additional seeds if cloning didnt work out, and other similar actions, lead me to believe, my spirit is willing, but my mind is in more of an accumulation and accounting stage than a fullfilling one, make sense?

southwind

ya!

ya!

Julian;

Right on..all the way.

I need more info to know why he does what he does.just met this year..drinks a bit much, a little scattered, I know his center must be hurting with his wife gone and all that...
hmm..

I am sure his shifted center is messing with his daily decisions..how could it not?

maybe he is operating in 'auto pilot'..many things I told him about growing were totally new to him, things which I assumed every grower knew..

You never know.

But then everyone I have ever met [ some exceptions ] knew something I didnt..

We will see, more will be revealed.

Ask the nex question..

Groboy2000

ya.

I know I have had one partner who never got anything done, every excuse in the book, and not reasons but it FELT like excuses..I know man, I have been in the no motivation zone and know ALL about making excuses.

But out there where the roots meet the soil, we need to move it sometimes..

another partner , my own brother, the worst ever , mean mean man, unhappy with himself anf therefore the whole world.

Never again, it shakes my vibe bad, hes so violent and angry, its not like you can stand back and say ' I am not going to let it mess me up' becuase he WANTS you to be messed up and will wrok on you with the bad attitude and bad mouthing of everyone until you just are dee pressed .

No more of that for me.

Like Julian says , Man, one shot, one life, no rehearsal, today is all THERE IS.

Ya.

sw

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GroBoy2000 said:
I know someone mentioned the pain of moving through heavy, thick back country, and might have felt slight failure, didnt accomplish what they wanted, cheers to you mate, and may you make it back out there, I'm slightly jealous, wish my spots were up and down hills, and through this and that, but they are out of the way, and as good as can be for the money I can spend on travel...
Be careful what you wish for.....loaded up....up and down hills is no fun :smoke:....and, after a long day?, with a lot of work...it becomes less and less fun...(I know what you mean man :smoke:.....)
I still have very few plants in the ground, in fact, I wouldnt say I had ANY plants in the ground, still sitting on stuff inside, I've been more hesitant and weak willed then intentionally late and careful, brings to mind, appropriate time and situation, I couldnt think of it being inappropriate to go through with something, but ambition and scale has been moderated until I'm in fully control of the situations, including myself. I didnt take the precautions to secure additional seeds if cloning didnt work out, and other similar actions, lead me to believe, my spirit is willing, but my mind is in more of an accumulation and accounting stage than a fullfilling one, make sense?
Well..........we're getting there time wise, so.......Still time left...of course, but, seems to be going a little too fast for me (ehhh...sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow... all depends on what we're facing it seems :smoke:...)
the I Ching has been extremely illuminous already of situations I was unsure of, and thanks a plenty for the recommendation (i think its an odd place for such a recommendation, and love it even more for that)
Glad of use....of interest....Quite a work it is.....
NOW though, my sitting and ponderings have filled me, and I think it's time for a bit of action soon....very lightly at first....holiday weekend, couldnt imagine it better than just a walk and a little fishing maybe...probably sit all day, attempting to consolidate my calculations, maybe even sleep there, and watch how the day begins also....
Nothing bad has ever come from contemplation....
I think I can maybe get away without bringing in any dirt, maybe some nearby river-loam? but I'll be fishing this time, not ready to 'act', but who knows, maybe ill bring a campfire shovel with me, poke around a little, pretty harmless right?
If bringing a shovel....and you get started, well...you know what happens then......... (Don't forget water :smoke:)
I know you said you and your guys were practically standing on 2 footers julian, thats funny, and fireblazing inspiring too, I imagine even at flowering, at that height, you'd have to be within 40ft to see buds, 40ft, for 40 days, lol
Well...those specific ones are still early/veg, so.......will end up more significant then that...:smoke:..........but, yeah, absolutely....smaller they are?........I think 40 feet (for 2 footers, especially if good surrounding vegetation) is way to far :smoke:..(We were 1ft from them and didn't seen them for 10 minutes :biglaugh:......granted.....fallen tree kind of threw me off as far as where I started and finished.....hard to explain....
I had a partner, and badly as I wanted to 'help' him out, keep 'control' maintain a sort of mastery of good things, I cannot do it, his utter disrepect and lack of consideration for everyone is oozing from him daily, and I don't see it intelligent
Yeah man.......you sound a little down.....and, sorry that you've experienced what I stated above about such things.......disappointment........ahhhh.......disappointment is something I have a little trouble with...........anger?......happiness?......etc....all such emotions no problem?...disappointment?......Ohhhhhhh man....not one I like.......

Despite all though.....always lessons for us in such matters......so.......sure in the process you learned a lot.....about people....yourself...maybe even grow issues also (scheduling, logistics, etc.....)

I'm sorry man...
but now knowing that, and knowing ill tell him eveythings 'gone', I foresee keeping a very low profile, no flash of money, until I can ascertain to him that it was by a thorough legitimate means, which makes me think of all that was said in earlier parts of thread, justr being smart (about spending), who you are, what people know you as, I'm not banking at all, and if he sees me rolling in shit come december, im gonna have a small problem that I dont have to have
Not to mention, don't underestimate what you can spend next year :smoke:...(on prep, supplies, stock, etc :smoke:...reserves, gas, car repairs, food, drinks, etc, etc..........once you get rolling.....little extra money comes in handy throughout season........always :smoke:

(I get out of hand sometimes.......really have no budget and try and loosely remember figure as I go along...just so I have an idea in the end what I spent...out of curiosity, etc..(plus to take it off the top sometimes if I have such a deal :smoke:.....)

Very easy to lay low with money when you remember there is going to be a tomorrow :smoke: Know what I mean? :smoke:...
couldnt do it, my dog died, and there was an exchange of words, then the 'show him how men treat other men' thought, but in the end, he went home without even asking, despite me telling him we'd talk about things before he left, (been asking for 3 beds for over 3 months, and only get, well its hot, or it takes a lot time, he aint even working)
You sound down......but, I want to tell you something man......(from someone who has been through almost every partner issue there is :smoke:)

You let it get too far.

You shouldn't have let it get farther than a month before you did something and did it yourself :smoke: (This is kind of how I function....I ask you to do something, week later not done?.....I'll take an excuse....2 weeks later not done?....I'll remember last excuse and start to be concerned....3?......I'll do it myself, address problem, etc......

Depends on the situation.....was talking to someone today about one time had someone.......asked them to stop at store for some supplies.(something small, simple, wal mart, whatever, anywhere, 10 minutes away, etc)....couple days later?.......Didn't do it?....I go and do it myself...(I had someone and after a couple times of that taking place, we renegotiated the op :smoke:....

Why?.....

Why was he like that?.....why are people like that?...

Lot of reasons.....in my case it was he just wasn't "taking" to it...Let's face it.....lot is hard work..spending money...more hard work, spending more money....(Since I always make things very clear far in advance exactly what one should expect from op....well......that is what kind of puzzled me :smoke:...)

Maybe lazy.....maybe they don't have the heart.....(fuck that....this thing?......You better have some :smoke:)...maybe , like discussed earlier...just not their thing...they don't "take" to it, ya know?......but, one thing is certain: We shouldn't waste our time on trying to figure out the motivations (or lack thereof) of people who let us down and disappoint us, cause we have work to do :smoke:...

I have a serious problem with that stuff also cause I'm one of those people who most of the time, if I have something to do....I just do it.......Scenario: Standing there discussing doing something that could have been done in the time it took to discuss it!

God I fuckin hate that shit! :biglaugh:

I had one guy bitching about work , and, when we broke it down, his cumulative work in 3 months was like, 30 hours.....(his end probably 150K......)

Poor guy..........10hrs a month......at 5k an hour......

Anyway.......... (This shit gets me uppity :biglaugh:)

Anyway man.......well......you know now....rework, regroup, contemplate, and get it done........still enough time left to pull.....Think of how you can easily accomplish everything (yourself)....still early enough......I've been there....exactly where you are....others most likely have also.......(I also know the negative feelings since I have been there :smoke:....so......Think positive man......focus energy on problem solving, etc......shovel? (earlier?)....well, do it man :smoke:......Check soil...think what you can get by at a minimum......etc, etc....you can still pull it through man..(Only July 2nd...you have things ready to go...could still be looking at some weight/size ...(At least don't have to start them from scratch like me :smoke: )

Good luck man......you can do it.....take some down time.....get it done :smoke:....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
southwind said:
I need more info to know why he does what he does.just met this year..drinks a bit much, a little scattered, I know his center must be hurting with his wife gone and all that...
hmm..

I am sure his shifted center is messing with his daily decisions..how could it not?

maybe he is operating in 'auto pilot'..many things I told him about growing were totally new to him, things which I assumed every grower knew..
Well.......no stranger to grief.....etc.....mourning....and, your always on auto pilot in some cases, but, who knows.....maybe doing all called for in his situation, or what he prefers, etc....

Knowledge seems to be scattered......everything available for those who seek or have an interest..(Maybe doesn't have as great an interest as some, etc...they way it is....)

You know, I don't know what he's working with, so.....
And the sooner it's (whatever) done, the sooner for fun :smoke:...

I have my own motivation issues, but, for me, it's: "Ehhh....I don't want to go do that today....I don't feel like it today.....eh......tired...no sleep.........not in a good mood......we can do tomorrow...day after".......but that conversation usually ends with "Alright,whatever man, fuck it, call so and so and let's fuckin go and get it done" :biglaugh:....after we'll stop on way back and grab some steaks :biglaugh:......

I don't like standing around either....get to site, fuck it, get started, get busy, sooner your done the sooner your gone....
no rehearsal, today is all THERE IS.
Easy to say......easier to understand....no one who hasn't heard it said....but, living it?....a whole different story :smoke:

southwind

YAH

YAH

[
Easy to say......easier to understand....no one who hasn't heard it said....but, living it?....a whole different story :smoke:[/QUOTE]

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY

SW

GroBoy2000

southwind said:

wow, thats awesome, sounds like a pot farming song if i ever heard one, and inspiring to

julian said:
Well..........we're getting there time wise, so.......Still time left...of course, but, seems to be going a little too fast for me (ehhh...sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow... all depends on what we're facing it seems ...)

yeah, the year is rolling by, and i wish id seen more spots beginning of May, had ordered more stock already, had set myself up for such, but nil, ive done some other things, and they've been time worthy i think, so, i still have 8 moms, 3 feet tall (will never let moms grow that tall again, but, never grew strictly for clones, and actually they were supposed to be out themselves) I thinki I could still get enough for a years worth of tuition or more, and from green, THAT my friend, is ideal, priceless, without aid or need of the state, money made, I hope I find myself thus this winter

...oops, im being a bit long winded, dont mind

julian said:
If bringing a shovel....and you get started, well...you know what happens then......... (Don't forget water )

nice big gallon gatorate jugs, two of them, wish i had the bike, but i walked 3 miles loaded with about 20lbs in 30 minutes today, was surprised, havent been out near enough, so....anyways, if i can cover 6 in one hour, id be happy, maybe 5 with 40-50lbs

julian said:
Yeah man.......you sound a little down.....and, sorry that you've experienced what I stated above about such things.......disappointment........ahhhh.......disappointment is something I have a little trouble with...........anger?......happiness?......etc....all such emotions no problem?...disappointment?......Ohhhhhhh man....not one I like.......

Despite all though.....always lessons for us in such matters......so.......sure in the process you learned a lot.....about people....yourself...maybe even grow issues also (scheduling, logistics, etc.....)

I'm sorry man...

yeah, sounds like you know what i mean, no real words for it, just ugly, i get angry, real angry, but it rarely bothers me, lack of joy, can usually feel something progressive from, but yeah, disappointment, where does that leaves us?

julian said:
You sound down......but, I want to tell you something man......(from someone who has been through almost every partner issue there is )

You let it get too far.

You shouldn't have let it get farther than a month before you did something and did it yourself (This is kind of how I function....I ask you to do something, week later not done?.....I'll take an excuse....2 weeks later not done?....I'll remember last excuse and start to be concerned....3?......I'll do it myself, address problem, etc......

Depends on the situation.....was talking to someone today about one time had someone.......asked them to stop at store for some supplies.(something small, simple, wal mart, whatever, anywhere, 10 minutes away, etc)....couple days later?.......Didn't do it?....I go and do it myself...(I had someone and after a couple times of that taking place, we renegotiated the op ....

Why?.....

Why was he like that?.....why are people like that?...

Lot of reasons.....in my case it was he just wasn't "taking" to it...Let's face it.....lot is hard work..spending money...more hard work, spending more money....(Since I always make things very clear far in advance exactly what one should expect from op....well......that is what kind of puzzled me ...)

Maybe lazy.....maybe they don't have the heart.....(fuck that....this thing?......You better have some )...maybe , like discussed earlier...just not their thing...they don't "take" to it, ya know?......but, one thing is certain: We shouldn't waste our time on trying to figure out the motivations (or lack thereof) of people who let us down and disappoint us, cause we have work to do ...

I hear you, and i think your right, I felt real up front with him, with what needed to be done, and then I realized somewhat late, some logistical issues, so decided fews beds, got out there with him, hauled some 15 bags of 50 humus, compost, peat, etc, gave him whole bags of lime, kelp meal, and he doesnt do shit with it,

you know, i still could, but the spot itself isnt my favorite, dirt, surrounding veg, limited access....funny, now that you said i let it go to far i want to really wait for his next slip, and bust his chops hard, because see a lot of situations where i could have stopped and stared and said, what the fuck??? it probably felt like it wouldnt have helped, but seriously, example, he was on phone, talking about, 'oh yeah, im getting some, trying right now, waiting, blah blah', and he gets off, walks over to edge of drive, and 'other' people inside house, and i say wusup, and he just hollers out Im trying to get a FUCKING POUND, not really intentionally stressing it, but little drunk, (maybe a pill) but when i hear that shit, my first reaction isnt, 'dude fix that jackass shit', its 'holy fuck man, i cant work with this guy'

maybe thats the issue i need to stress to him, point out to him what im pointing out to myself, but the final issue is his complete inconsideration for anyone, i could tell 10 stories right here that happened in the last 20 days, and i dont even see him every wekk, lol, you know, it just bugs me, and i want to say fuck it, ill do my own thing,

ahh, times gotten to me, words got away, ill be stepping back in later

oohcow

Julian,

just gotta throw in, I'll work for you anytime at the rates you pay! lol.

anyway. I'm a younger one and I feel like i've gained alot of knowledge through this thread... more than I ever thought I would on a growing forum lol.

I would like to thank everyone thats contributed to this... Though I feel like i've gained wisdom... i understand that living it is completely different.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck man.......I replied to all, cut and ws going to paste to next below and started doing something else and lost it all (cut and pasted something else in bewteen....)
GroBoy2000 said:
yeah, the year is rolling by, and i wish id seen more spots beginning of May, had ordered more stock already, had set myself up for such, but nil, ive done some other things, and they've been time worthy i think, so, i still have 8 moms, 3 feet tall (will never let moms grow that tall again, but, never grew strictly for clones, and actually they were supposed to be out themselves) I thinki I could still get enough for a years worth of tuition or more, and from green, THAT my friend, is ideal, priceless, without aid or need of the state, money made, I hope I find myself thus this winter

...oops, im being a bit long winded, dont mind
Long winded?.......Please........:biglaugh:

Well.......no sense in dwelling, but, of course, can channel that forwards to next season..., and, believe me.....you want to pull down next season?.....start thinking about it now :smoke:...extra supplies?.....no problem, always a use......start thinking, planning, etc now....

You had some problems, we all have, made some mistakes....we all have.....learn from it and alter approach and don't give iut a second thought (except to draw something beneficial from it :smoke:)
yeah, sounds like you know what i mean, no real words for it, just ugly, i get angry, real angry, but it rarely bothers me, lack of joy, can usually feel something progressive from, but yeah, disappointment, where does that leaves us?
Where indeed...........

Where indeed................

Know the situation and feeling well......Disappointment not an emotion which is easy to overcome and brush aside.........

Where indeed when you can't even look someone in the eye, nor want to.....

Disappointment usually tells me it's done.......Can't rebound from that unless person bends over backwards to make it up....honestly.......turns it around....etc...
I hear you, and i think your right, I felt real up front with him, with what needed to be done, and then I realized somewhat late, some logistical issues, so decided fews beds, got out there with him, hauled some 15 bags of 50 humus, compost, peat, etc, gave him whole bags of lime, kelp meal, and he doesnt do shit with it,

you know, i still could, but the spot itself isnt my favorite, dirt, surrounding veg, limited access....funny, now that you said i let it go to far i want to really wait for his next slip, and bust his chops hard, because see a lot of situations where i could have stopped and stared and said, what the fuck??? it probably felt like it wouldnt have helped, but seriously, example, he was on phone, talking about, 'oh yeah, im getting some, trying right now, waiting, blah blah', and he gets off, walks over to edge of drive, and 'other' people inside house, and i say wusup, and he just hollers out Im trying to get a FUCKING POUND, not really intentionally stressing it, but little drunk, (maybe a pill) but when i hear that shit, my first reaction isnt, 'dude fix that jackass shit', its 'holy fuck man, i cant work with this guy'

maybe thats the issue i need to stress to him, point out to him what im pointing out to myself, but the final issue is his complete inconsideration for anyone, i could tell 10 stories right here that happened in the last 20 days, and i dont even see him every wekk, lol, you know, it just bugs me, and i want to say fuck it, ill do my own thing,
Okay.......
1. Cut him off.....Done, forget about it, period...(Yelling about p's in street?........Your going down if you stay close, period, end of story.....Done.

Maybe not today....maybe not tomorrow...maybe not next month.....but, guaranteed, this guy is going down and you with him if too close and involved...

Easier for me to cut people off clean....know not as easy for some......but......has to be done......

1. Some positive and constructive points:
Okay......it's getting later.....

Now....doing it all yourself?.....Well, look at it this way:
Later you are, smaller the plants......smaller the plants, smaller the holes.....smaller the holes, smaller the supplies needed......smaller the holes, less digging needed....

See where that's going?....:smoke:

Yeah, it's later, your behind schedule.....okay....so, then, you focus on what can be done, when, and how to still achieve what you like....

Another possible alternative?......:smoke:

Shave the moms (which buys you 2-3 weeks.....), use that 2-3 weeks to recoup, haul some supplies, dig and prep some holes...

Lot of beneficial angles man.....

Dude...I know.........I see, I've been there, (fuck, recently :biglaugh:)

Shit happens....we get a little fucked up, but, time doesn't stop moving, and, we all have our objectives......you focus on moving forward, and, in the end?...Maybe end up with more than you would have originally :smoke:...

Can dig smaller holes quickly and easily if working with halfway decent soil.....

Can haul a couple bags of this, couple bags of that, prep a dry mix (if you use such)......when talking smaller holes?.....using much less...goes a longer way....ie: You hauled only 30%, but your holes are 70% smaller :smoke:...

I know how easy it is to fall to the negative side when disappointments, problems, issues happen......but, you know man...it's only temporary :smoke:.....Just happened to me...(fucked me up actually I think), but, you know man...100% back on track.....can laugh about it....etc....

Important?...well, yeah, it was..:smoke:

What's important now?...That I stay focused and on track and get it done and bring em in :smoke:..(If they think they heard the last of it...well :biglaugh:......but, other things...can get back to bitching later :smoke:....)
ahh, times gotten to me, words got away, ill be stepping back in later
I feel ya brother :smoke:......100%......

Good Luck....will be fine....don't dwell :smoke:.....

Everything will be fine :smoke:
(A phrase I am widely known for :smoke:....but, 99% of the time, always the case :smoke:.....)

oohcow said:
Julian,
just gotta throw in, I'll work for you anytime at the rates you pay! lol.
Well.......that specific was slightly off, because that conversation was earlier on.....:biglaugh:...ie: without harvest/trimming hours...which is usually the biggie and everyone in on it full force.....(Had a 60 day, 20hr a day run one of last.........(Still took longer, but, 60, constantly, no full day off, full nights sleep, etc.........)
anyway. I'm a younger one and I feel like i've gained alot of knowledge through this thread... more than I ever thought I would on a growing forum lol. I would like to thank everyone thats contributed to this...
As would I........

Glad something of interest, something beneficial drawn.......pleased to be of assistance also....
Though I feel like i've gained wisdom... i understand that living it is completely different.
Well....when that is said, it's universal...so.......

It's not always easy for any of us....anywhere, anytime...

That's why it's such a fuckin breakthrough when one can :smoke:....

But.....:smoke:.....good news is that we all always have another chance to exercise it.....every second, minute, hour of every day :smoke:...

blackone

Veteran
I had big plans for outside this year but in the end never got a single plant outside;p Reason being in the spring I was pretty disheartened by the way things went. Been patrolling the outdoors but never found any spots that looked good - found some places that looked pretty ok but thought they would be too shaded by foliage once the trees got leaves. Turns out those particular tree species don't get very leafy after all - should have / would have / could have done some late spots starting seeds in mid june and planting about a week or 2 from now but never got around to it (My lazy ass + I didn't have the extra vegging space for starting seeds).
Dunno if I should go for extra late now - hm... We've got some strains now that are typically done in early September - if started ASAP they might be able to start flowering in early August and could be harvested perhaps start-mid October. Late October is a little too unsafe for Denmark with frost, mold and everything but perhaps it could be done...
If I can get my lazy ass up:) Indoor room + actually having a life besides weed also takes its time hehe

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blackone said:
found some places that looked pretty ok but thought they would be too shaded by foliage once the trees got leaves. Turns out those particular tree species don't get very leafy after all - should have / would have / could have done some late spots starting seeds in mid june and planting about a week or 2 from now but never got around to it (My lazy ass + I didn't have the extra vegging space for starting seeds).

Dunno if I should go for extra late now - hm... We've got some strains now that are typically done in early September - if started ASAP they might be able to start flowering in early August and could be harvested perhaps start-mid October.

Late October is a little too unsafe for Denmark with frost, mold and everything but perhaps it could be done...

If I can get my lazy ass up:) Indoor room + actually having a life besides weed also takes its time hehe
Go for it........walk the same locations, select some nice spots, start them and try for the quickest turnaround possible.....don't keep them in longer then have to, and,....might be good to go...Only first week July.....can have them out by later mid July :smoke:.....

Never too late until it's too late :smoke:....

I hear you on time limitations...but, you know....you do what you have to do......:smoke:, then, if time left, maybe get what you want to do :smoke: (My obsessive and fanatical view :biglaugh:)

I laughed at your sig line when I saw it.......always thought funny scene...I fuckin always loved the following scene...I know, because I'm from the factory...I make the machines :biglaugh:

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Yeah best scene of the entire movie - if you're high it better be on an indica strain so you have some anesthetics when it sends you directly into "doom" mode :)

The second scene is also good - I think he just destroyed whatever humanity might be left in that old pedophile bastard:)

I'm thinking I'll go for it - worst case scenario (aside from slugs eating every single plant) is having to harvest early. Best case scenario is an indian summer letting me harvest end October.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.