MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lemonade said:
Aside from the obvious, (busy) it's no wonder Julian has dropped out of sight as of late....
Nah....I said one of last posts, all initial rounds out, was going to take quick break /trip before moving onto next rounds and such......Just came back today....think 11-12 days?.......

Wouldn't even know where to start.........fuckin trip changed my fuckin life in countless ways.......many levels.....wouldn't even know where to begin........

I get my little bursts of enlightenment as I hope all do....but....this was 24/7 for almost 2 weeks, every second of every day.......(and I did have an "International rainbow of flavors" to sample while there :smoke:(White Dutch girl, Latina, Asian, etc.....right time right place I suspect...:smoke:...)......business.......lot of pleasure.......enormous amounts of contemplation in absolutely miraculous surroundings.......couple times I slipped and dwelled on things..(family, business,ops, etc...but, waved them off in minutes......)

Will catch up...back to work :badday: (already planning 3 more trips :smoke:....)

Hope all is well......know lot of areas got fuckin whacked last 2 weeks....

Last edited:

InjectTruth

Addressing indoor partnerships for a second, are absentee ops even possible? We are all familiar with the ME syndrome, even in ops where you are doing almost everything. I could imagine some people "agreeing" to a deal, but come time to collect "Aw man, you didnt even do anything, I took all the risk, etc etc blah blah"

Lately, my problem has come in the form of potential partners, who get real chummy, and try to get me to spill the beans they need in random conversation, so they can go buy the parts themselves, and just "buy clones" from me. So many people around me who have a real job making WAY more than I do, all have their fucking hands in my pockets.

I have always used this format for my partnerships. Project consists of 4 equal parts (Labor, Location, Capital, Know-How) Each role gets 25% of net. You want more money? Theres the blueprint, do more work. I give you instructions and equipment, you run it at your spot, split 50/50. Now I know you always go 40/60 their favor because it is their house, but I feel like that is even a stretch.

(Will finish momentarily)

Im so fed up with where I live, and am on my way to a cross country move, but I have spent YEARS getting to where I am. All the people I see now are still going to need when Im gone. How can I have my cake and eat it too?

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will get to all above......etc, but, was having conversations today with some people down south/east...(middle plains, upper midwest, east, west, etc...all who got hit by bad weather which is quite a few,...) and, of note, and, of comfort to me in such times, is:

Depending where you are, your looking at a planting/season of almost 16 weeks....

We're only 6 into it :smoke:...

So, what's the problem? :smoke:....

Work done?...well, what can you do.......1/2 work is still good :smoke: (holes, prep, spots, ...etc.......)

Expenses?...well, 60% still worth every penny......(supplies, equipment....etc....)

6 weeks into it..(some?...well, temps only came into line 2 weeks ago....)

No stock?...still more than enough time to secure/procure some and be right on schedule...

Adaptability......

Now, some would say (as they did :smoke:)..."Well, easy for you to say.....you've never had __________________ (insert situation here....)

You think so? :smoke:

:biglaugh:

Noooo........I have had ________, and been through _________, and had _________ happen.....

That is why I do what I do the way I do it.....:smoke:

No matter what happens.......I will see what I need to see, and want to see :smoke:...

It is what it is (unfortunate events)....move on, put it behind you, get back on track.......(more beneficial than dwelling on something, giving up, losing all season......)

I used the analogy:"If your doing a 25 mile race.....would you give up and go home if you fell but could still run after 5 miles?........If you were fighting a court case would you plead guilty and give up if you had a single bad day ?......ec, etc....they're endless....so........

Look forward, is what it is......

Now....:smoke:

You want to take that optimism further in a realistic way? :smoke:..

How's this? :smoke:.....

Groundwater?...water levels?.......(once receding enough to plant?.....)

Your fuckin set.......(almost July 1st......almost certain will be available at least 60 days more or less.....so.......)

Look at positives.......redo rounds...etc....holes already done.....some time on nutes and prep(ingredients....) and wet enough to carry them until further notice :smoke:....

(I had someone really down......so....was trying my best to flip them out of it...because, in whole scheme of things?.....big deal....better now then later.....(ie: Now enough time to get other rounds out quick, regroup...etc......get back on schedule....so......worse than it happening late July...

I've had problems....no stranger to fuck ups...X Factor bullshit.......bottom line is what and how does that effect end result and bottom line...(friend I was talking to could actually end up redoing everything and bringing in more than they would have before...

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vod said:
It's a risk to plant year after year in the same spot, but one can build the soil in this way. Like in a garden. Some basic composting, mulching. Bringing each year more stuff in. And end up with perfect soil that requires only some ferts at planting. Or top feed later or just organic stuff at harvest for the next years round. I assume good soil grows good weed at ease.
The crystals stay in the soil and do their job for a couple of years. I remember reading on my crystals that they are good for 4 years in the soil. Depends where you grow. My clay is pretty easy to turn into fertile ground.
Each year you have less stuff to carry in. On spot production of worm castings and green manure etc. Structure constantly getting better.

I had a look at the local vegetation growing on the spots I prepped last year. And one can see a big difference from the surrounding area. A tiny jungle.

if you in the next year drill just next to the old hole you get qasi a double hole. Twice less drilling for the volume you get. Plus you get the old nutes and new nutes you put next to them and the new food there was created due to the fact that the place was nicer for worms and generally local life. I assume that there is a significant improvement in terms of efficiency year after year. Just a bit more than drilling next to old, like some form of at spot composting... makes sens to me. I belive

must be the strongest I had so far. I've put just a tiny tiny bit
Definitely agree.....I have my own reasons above....but, it you can do it, mark holes, best way....wish I could........but, doing all new ones now, so....will see........maybe can be done here or there, and, might still pick up new spots this year...new projects......and, will do something in future and will be able to build on it...so...have some plans in mind...

NPK said:
I agree man, that is the one thing that makes this site sketchy. It's clear you are not supposed to park there (or BE there). On the other hand, that's also one of the things that makes it attractive: not only are you not supposed to be there, there's really nothing to attract anyone, either. It's like a large open weed patch that's well-sheltered on all sides; lots of vegetation around which you can disguise big plants. Lots of air and light, no evidence of recent human presence that I can see. Easy not to make paths walking around because there's lots of open dirt ground. It's kind of an elongated bowl formation--a long, deep-enough thicket of rocks and trees sheltering any view from the road on one side, and an abandoned railroad track on the other. Rolling hills on the other side of the track...no lingering human presence anywhere within miles.

Add to all that a healthy body of running water not far away (better than toting X number of gallons from miles out of town), and what you have is an awesome site. It's the getting in and out that's worrying. I'll have a good view of what kind of vehicle is coming from a couple hundred yards either way, though, and will dress to blend in with the scenery. Maybe I'll carry the drill in two pieces and attach the bit once in. Easier and less awkward that way; wouldn't be tripping over the thing while trying to move quickly.

I'm really glad you pointed that out about the hazards; can't believe it didn't occur to me that they might invite the wrong kind of attention, including from well-intentioned good Samaritans. They're definitely staying off now. My car is nondescript and hopefully won't attract undue attention, especially if I can get in and out in a reasonable timeframe.

Good idea. "I'm an amateur geologist and heard there was a lot of serpentine out here. Just wanted a nice sample."

Right, of course you don't want to leave any evidence of having been there. I imagine you get to know a place pretty well with some repeated use.

Yeah man, I really like this idea of improving your site's soil year after year, just as you would in your yard at home. Good to know about the crystals, too--that they are effective for more than one season. I didn't know that.

Makes perfect sense to me, too. If undisturbed, a used site would only get better and better. It's a very appealing idea.
Yeah, one of first things that popped into my head (think a good one.."amateur geologist, etc :biglaugh:.....whatever (although one would want to read a little here and there to carry a conversation ie: Enough to lose someone who knows less than you :smoke:.....

Yeah man...have to go through all angles and possibilities and such...

See :biglaugh: I didn't even think about splitting it up (carrying in in 2 pieces, etc...didn't even think of it (never had to, so......)

Indica_Dreamer said:
I have been treating my seedlings with neem... I have some type of trails that are eaten away... the leaf isnt completely eaten through, just all of the green matter. these trails turn brown after about a week.

Well, in past when I had problems.....I just look hard at what I am dealing with (inset, looks, characteristics, damage, etc), and, start googling and see what I come up with...what general consensus is....(ie: best treatment, most effective, etc...) something might turn up that seems like a serious problem, might be easily corrected, etc, so....might be able to find solutions quick....

africanherbman1 said:
Hey Julian. I've read a decent bit of this thread, and even used your techniques for late season minis last year w/ absolutely excellent success. This year I've decided to go the same route as last, except w/ much higher numbers. The plots have already been scouted and the moms are growing at the speed desired to get the number of clones im shooting for going out between july 14-aug 14 at the very latest. My partner and I have decided to reduce exposure during the day by using night vision goggles. Do you have any experience w/ them? Also, in keeping w/ the theme of reducing exposure I don't believe that we'll be using a gas powered auger due to the noise. We were planning on just using the garden claws, and then heavy duty post hole diggers. I already realize how much more time and energy it will take to get the job done, and was wondering if you knew something that was in the middle between the auger and post hole digger. Due to just growing minis, and after realizing last year how hard they are to spot w/ native vegitation surrounding I feel like I've found a solution for finding every last one. My plan is to basically take (2) stakes w/ about 300'+ of thin twine tied to each side, marked w/ black marker every 1.5' and drive them down at the desired spacing. Then, about 2.5-3' below that row do the same thing except staggered, and so on and so forth.... BTW, since the twine will be so low profile I plan on just leaving it staked. Does that sound like a decent way of making the retrieval process not such a headache? I know that you've probably already covered this, but god is it hard to read and retain over 100 pages of vital information at a fast pace. At least that's me anyways.... Thanks so much for all that you've already contributed in my growing!
Well.......thanks man........glad to of been of help....make a difference.....kind of you to say......and, I'm always sincere when I say that.....

Couple thoughts, and, tone short cause so much, little tired, etc.....

1. Holes: Keep in mind, when talking mini's and holes...well, basis in itself is reduced work, so....I do all by hand, so do everyone else (with me....)...very simple, very quick....going to do some difficult spots (native ground/soil), and, same deal....smaller plant, smaller hole, quicker finish, less work, so...I mean...machine/any automated digging might make simple, but, your still working minimal man, so......depends what your working with (soil...)

2.Twine and staking.......well, I'd rather use memory, landmarks, etc (could mark trees in subtle ways, etc.....you know......So...you know the power of stealth for smaller ones......something small could toss that out if an observer, so....I'd think of a different way......(I have sometimes done something similar, but, I use landmarks and direction, etc....ie: This tree, staggered left and right for next 1,000' every 20', left and right, shit like that...lot of things you could do (endless..) that wouldn't require marking entire plot...

Yeah man...from about this point on (was talking to newer person today)...I do hand spade, by hand if soil halfway decent.....would even with sandy spots also.......(could dig those by hand actually...did an experiment and did a 1' x 1' with my bare hand in about 60 seconds :biglaugh: (not an exaggeration ....)

Yeah....mini's, smaller holes, depends on soil, easier and quicker, and, staking and twine....well...I think a better way to do it depending on spot.....

Jungle Jim said:
Africanherbman, we use a tool called a matic. It is a cross between a pick and a hoe. The post hole diggers are a huge pita in my opinon. They will "pack" the sides as you dig so the roots have a hard time spreading out. When you cant use a powered auger due to noise issues, these are the next best thing IMO.

Care free 1 there is a wealth of information in this thread, literally. I know it is a long read, but will pay back in spades if you take the time to read it all. Many of the isssues of "getting rid" of it, and dealing with people, are in the thread.
Well thanks man.........

Have to disagree with about root penetration though......sure, as earlier, if working with heavy clay, going to have some issues..(cutting sides of hole smooth, etc...) but, even in those cases, can scrape sides before backfilling them, etc (I have)...and, with halfway decent soil, I think one soak/dry cycle takes care of it...(also, you have to think about the actual movement of machine......I think it's pulling more up and pushing out then pushing out, etc......sides in average soil seem very loose...can cave a lot in just with hand, etc.....(unless your taking about another one :smoke:....the 2 handled manuals, etc.....)

Jungle Jim said:
I trust that everyone had a safe weekend in the bush. We had some serious weather to contend with. Im sure that some others were in the same "boat". Got lots of work done in spite of it all.
Yeah......lot of people got hit bad....and hard........but....as above...still early.....could be worse...can recover easily, end season off well...etc, so....

(Was talking earlier in thread about wondering about season and what we're in for ........well, ya never know :smoke:......)

HOVAH said:
I SAW ON TV, THIS ELECTRIC DRILL ATTACHMENT FOR DRILLING HOLES IN THE GROUND, HAVENT SEEN IT AGAIN, WENT TO LOWES DIDNT SEE IT IN THERE,... WAS THINKIN IT WOULD CUT DOWN ON NOISE ISSUE ALOT... DID ANYONE SEE WERE, WHO TO BUY IT FROM?
Was talking to someone this week (a partner, worker, who doesn't like the noise)...was telling me about some smaller ones, claiming a 24v Lithium or something....and that better and stronger than the 18v's with better duration......etc....would like a smaller quicker one for later things if possible, so....asked him to look into it,etc...if works, will get one, but, not going to unless I can see one work well....
HOVAH said:
SHIT THAT HOLE DIGGING SHIT HURTS!! IVE DUG 100 HOLE WITH A SHOVEL...F*CK ... I THINK I SLEEP FOR 2 DAYS AFTERWARDS... THAT AUGER IDEA SCARES ME TOO MUCH .. TOO MUCH NOISE.... CAUSE MY MAIN SPOTS ARE IN CITY, AND NEIBORHOODS.. DONT WANTA WAKE ANYONE @ 2AM , THEN HAVE THEM GO AND INSPECT WHAT NOISE THAT WAS THE NEXT MORNING...
But feels good though, doesn't it? (sense of accomplishment, etc ........digs 100?.....well done :smoke:...

Jungle Jim said:
Hovah, I dont think that any electric drill is going to give you the torque you need to dig in the ground. How would you run it? generatror? Battery powered drills have come a long way, but still dont have the power to drill holes in the earth. The power auger can be modified with a muffler from a motorcycle to be super quiet. The mufflers that come on them from the factory are pretty noisy. Think how quiet Honda generators are. If that is too noisy for your situation, then maybe the old pick and shovel are going to be your best bet.
Never even thought about modifying...(no need......sound no problem), but, as above.....one of my guys trying to tell me about battery , smaller drill with attachment that can pull smaller holes off (I assume smaller.....).....I'm in agreement with above though...power needed?....eh....if it can, I'll take one (Hmmm....maybe just buy one, if doesn't work, return :smoke:..give away...whatever.......)

I don't think they can pull it off though..(unless talking very small holes.......think I saw a commercial on somewhere else for something.....an attachment, etc...forgot what it was, etc.......)

PHB said:
Not to discourage you from buying it, but make sure that your drill has enough power, and the ground isn't too hard. Those augers (I have a similar but different brand - 1" auger) are very effective on soil that doesn't contain a lot of clay and stones. I purchased mine with the hope that I could save myself some time and effort but quickly discovered that even my 19.2v rechargeable drill didn't have enough power to clear more than 3-4 inches of soil before the number of rocks in the ground would cause it to freeze up. For what its worth...
PHB
See, my one guy said something similar...(has 18v.....said no way, doesn't cut it, but, newer 24v lot more power, etc......) but, sounds also like if soil was a little less problematic, might work better, etc.......(sand might work well.....softer might, etc, but, if talking 4" holes and such...by hand is very simple.....hand spade couple shovels can get a 1 x 1 for the most part.....ya know?....

oohcow said:
Julian,
Spent the last week reading this thread so as not to post anything crazy.

but Other than the obvious, any good way to find massive spots other than using private land? I want to grow large scale...maybe not what you would consider massive...but surburban areas all around me... and Cant find a place even to put 100 ...let alone thousands... Traveling to more rural areas more helpful?

Oh yeah... what do you think is a good number of ladies one man can do before needing another partner? I know this varies greatly from person to person.. but what about a well motivated workaholic like you? What number was your breaking point in you inducting another person into your ops?

EDIT: i know i have read this at least a dozen or two times throughout 100 pages or so... but this thread has inspired me beyond growing... to acheive my full potential... I was formerly a slacker.. but after reading through this.. you have helped me see that I want to do better.. to WORK for my cash.. not be lazy, I want to be a man and take care of my family and friends.. not be a leech.

Thanks alot man, I needed an inspiration like you, you've quite possibly changed my life through this thread.
Well, fuck man....humbled....glad to be of assistance......my pleasure....

Well, as far as help, justified, what one can handle....well, as above......you need double what you were doing for a 50/50 split......so....triple? :smoke:.....and, as far as what one could handle...only you know.....only you know....too many variables...what you can do, how much, spots, soil, logistics, expenses, etc.......I mean, you decide, and, also, I use ops kind of like a running "bank", so....I bring people in sometimes just to give them a piece (but not so generous just to give it to them :smoke:, gotta work a little and earn it :smoke:, so....All up to you...(how many you can handle, etc...........also could focus on property for you, your opwn spot...etc :smoke:...if one pulls enough, etc...(as little as 15lbs and some good credit can get one into a nice property (15 being around 50k or so to throw down if okay credit, etc......)

Could always travel a little more and expand areas of knowledge :smoke:...make a couple "new" friends :smoke:, etc....but, don't want to rush into spots, so, do what you can do...and, start working now on spots for next season, etc :smoke:....

Purkle said:
Need a water boy julian? I am all game. You should really write a book bro, this is gonna take forever to read.
I'm always working on some things :smoke:....I dunno man....I think I'm pretty good to work with (I say with, instead of "for".....:smoke:...some people don't seem to think so, but, eh, whatever.....problem with me is I know what is physically possible :smoke: :biglaugh:, so.......(I never ask anyone to do something I can't/won't/haven't done, etc....

I think Africanherbman was talking about the manual post hole diggers, those pack the sides something awful. I havent had too many issues with the power augers doing that. Just "waller" the hole a little as you raise the bit and all is well. Always nice to have a buffet of ladies to choose from. Hong Kong in the early 80's now there was a real melting pot of fine women from around the world. Still trying to get the first round out, having issues with the weather. Second round ready to go NOW. I think the third round may try flowering inside for two weeks and then put them out. That would be a new one for me so hoping all goes well. Any luck on the fem auto flowers? Have a few testers this year. Would really like to get a winner to do some early stuff next year.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
InjectTruth said:
Addressing indoor partnerships for a second, are absentee ops even possible? We are all familiar with the ME syndrome, even in ops where you are doing almost everything. I could imagine some people "agreeing" to a deal, but come time to collect "Aw man, you didnt even do anything, I took all the risk, etc etc blah blah"
Happens all the time either way I am sure...........you know, partnerships a subject which I could add indefinitely :smoke: (just cause have had so many experiences).......

Absentee?....well, in whole scheme of things, many are anyway to a degree....

Quick amusement.....Was talking to one of my guys.....very close, long term guy...more a brother to me than my own brother.....and told him something he got a kick out of recently.....

I told him "Dude......(heavy sigh....) Do you know what about you absolutely fuckin pisses me off and I hate more than anything, but really, really love about you"? :biglaugh:

(Of course, the answer was that he doesn't care or see the need or want to stop all the time.....we haven't seen ops now in up to 4 weeks since first rounds planting......(2-4 weeks, different ops, he's with me on all of them...only person who is with me on all :smoke:...)

Of course, for me?...I want to check, just see, 5 minute walk throughs, see what is what and leave......so, really, well, noting to do :biglaugh: (He's a little skittish sometimes about risk aspects , but, I'm working on that :biglaugh:.....so....)

Point being through......haven't been in weeks...(will hit them now shortly, and start doing next rounds, etc, and, my break of course ate into that , so, my fault, etc......)...anyway..point being out's?...well, less maintenance and attendance...in's?...well, would depend on the project/op and could have endless scenarios, so, why even bother right now (now in a good mood this second actually.......reason actually relates to this kind of stuff, but, for this second won't address.....annoyed enough as is.....)

All valid, and, sometimes an issue, and, reason all should be addressed up front and arranged...........all the time..(everyone should say anything as it occurs to them to avoid that shit boiling underneath until later)...which is hard for some...some people less confrontational than others, less aggressive, etc......so.....that's probably a main issue with most (if everyone said exactly what they think all the time....I think we all would have less problems.....)

Other issues are always of course things going to people's heads, etc...ie: Whoever is running it is running it....people get big heads sometimes very quick....have seen it with my own eyes.........they know nothing, they do little, they contribute even less (expenses, supplies, stock), and, all of a sudden you start hearing "theirs" instead of "ours"..(hence the "ME" syndrome :biglaugh:........)

Once did op one place, 4 main people (myself included)...and, landowner, who provided a little help started with the "my" crop........"I made it".......isn't "my work" nice.....etc.........:biglaugh:......

Fuckin punk couldn't grow a Gia pet :biglaugh:...

(on a different note.......the country has gotten to me and I find myself singing my own country songs while working and planting.....:biglaugh: ...last one was something like: "Well I like growing marijuana.....not cause I have to, cause I wanna.....some cold beers on ice, are always quite nice, but that's for when the jobs done........:biglaugh:....)

was just thinking of that.......(I also find myself saying "G-G-Gia" when planting for some reason :biglaugh:)

anyway.....okay, I have some amusement back....good.......was annoyed :biglaugh: time for another vacation I guess :biglaugh:)
Lately, my problem has come in the form of potential partners, who get real chummy, and try to get me to spill the beans they need in random conversation, so they can go buy the parts themselves, and just "buy clones" from me. So many people around me who have a real job making WAY more than I do, all have their fucking hands in my pockets.
Okay.....serious note........

Don't fight it. You are receiving valuable insight to them.

They are displaying they would jump the fence as soon as able, so, work with that knowledge in mind with those specific people...

Meaning?......Meaning that those types of people are basically: You teach them how, they put up expenses, first one you get your piece for showing them and second they are then on their own.......something like that, cause they're going to break off as soon as they can...(other issue with that is what they know about you for future .......if they get into trouble, what they would share, etc, could share....)

Could also charge them.....upfront....ie: Consulting.....you pay me xx........for time...you pay for expenses....you pay for clones, etc (ie: sell them op for 10k....15k.....+, etc.......minimal work for you, then more consulting if they have a problem in future........$100 an hour is more than reasonable (I think)...(or a z per hour off harvest, etc...and, chances are they will have a lot of issues if they are trying to run everything when not enough knowledge, etc........

(I said earlier how I have in past been ready to walk on an op........I thought about one that I told them $25k and it's theirs, they take over, etc..(they didn't, went on to finish and everything was fine after some heated moments, etc.....)
I have always used this format for my partnerships. Project consists of 4 equal parts (Labor, Location, Capital, Know-How) Each role gets 25% of net. You want more money? Theres the blueprint, do more work. I give you instructions and equipment, you run it at your spot, split 50/50. Now I know you always go 40/60 their favor because it is their house, but I feel like that is even a stretch.
Well, I like it, and, nice in theory.......but:

1. Labor is always divided to some degree between all........so.....
2. 25% to "the house"?....nah.......greatest risk lies in spot.........not fair.........they're the "sitting duck" while everyone else is having a beer watching fireworks and bar b queing :smoke:, ya know?.....
3. Capital?........well.......capital might be the smallest input actually in some cases, so....for me, what I have been doing for a while is: "Expenses come off the top before any split"....ie: What is your doing a 500k crop and expenses were only 20k......so....lot of angles but usually I am happy if I get my expenses back in product....ie: 30k?....10lbs off the top before any splits......etc...all just examples...this year have no idea what I am spending so far, but, out of hand at the moment for sure and no specific numbers in my mind.......

Plus of course, each and every one is different (people, op, expenses, yield), so....your better off I think sticking to expenses off the top, then divided by labor and location, etc.......(but have to remember trimming and such also...........I have 2 guys who really want to get in on this season....1 I'd like to help, and 1 I would really like to help, but, no room for them at this point but might bring them in and start training them and bring them in for trimming, etc....
(Will finish momentarily)

Im so fed up with where I live, and am on my way to a cross country move, but I have spent YEARS getting to where I am. All the people I see now are still going to need when Im gone. How can I have my cake and eat it too?
Why not just move 2hrs away, grab something nice, lot of land (with a pool...you can thank me later :smoke:...).......that's what I would do :smoke:.......

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like the sig and handle btw......
Jungle Jim said:
I think Africanherbman was talking about the manual post hole diggers, those pack the sides something awful. I havent had too many issues with the power augers doing that. Just "waller" the hole a little as you raise the bit and all is well.
Yeah, occurred to me and I never have use those really.......power seems to break and lift it all up well.....

(on a different note to people using or planning to use them.........do them carefully and don't "bounce" it....you will end up with everything spread everywhere and possibly be short on your backfill when done.....I just had someone doing this.......was shooting it fuckin everywhere........slow and steady...you want as much as possible to remain circling the hole so can refill it back up easy.....)

Yeah....clay?....heavy/solid clay?........it can and possibly will smooth sides like a ceramic cup....definitely...have done it, seen it with my own eyes......but, can break up sides with a claw, etc.....

All depends on soil though.....you drill first, see what your working with, etc, then proceed accordingly......(where multiple people come in handy, or , an efficient "system"....)
Always nice to have a buffet of ladies to choose from. Hong Kong in the early 80's now there was a real melting pot of fine women from around the world.
Hong Kong?....don't get me started :smoke:.....Asia is heaven to me (Asian girls my weak spot...my candy :biglaugh:) :smoke:.......will be doing it in late fall/winter, etc....

Lot to be said for the Latinas.....which lately I am immersed in, so..:smoke:....
Still trying to get the first round out, having issues with the weather. Second round ready to go NOW. I think the third round may try flowering inside for two weeks and then put them out. That would be a new one for me so hoping all goes well. Any luck on the fem auto flowers? Have a few testers this year. Would really like to get a winner to do some early stuff next year.
I think now I am switching all stock issues to fall...winter, etc (AF fem runs, BOG/Lemon fem runs, etc)...still nbot sure......still not sure..(might change my mind and do them out later rounds, might do winter, etc, have things going, have resources/supplies ready.....just a little up in the air because have been taking breaks and traveling a little bit more than usual (usually I would never, never, ever leave during season...NEVER......but....this year, couple things different, so........but, will get done either way...

As of now I think I am looking at 4 more rounds, which might be changed also if I leave again shortly (were supposed to be started same/.next day after I returned, but, don't want to start them if leaving in another week for another 2 weeks, etc.....I have people who are fairly competent to take care of things, but, small ones?, germing?...no fuckin way.....(hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds opf pellets, close to 1k's?...nah...they miss a day and they might be dried out and fried, so........nah...I don't trust anyone with those.........ever.....once into 3"ers, 4-5"ers?.....then I can lay that on someone else....(cause less visit, every 2nd day, etc...)...

Lo9t still up in air...have to get to check on things.....,.still planning rounds and where they go and when (one op we decided no more until last round, so, will just wait on that one, hit it heavy last week of July...then focus on 2-3 rounds at other larger one, etc......just trying to schedule myself...what,where,and when, etc....

oohcow

Juilian,

You stated earlier you knew a guy that vegged under cfls for his outdoor plants. Do you happen to know how long it takes and under how many wattage of cfls he is doing before putting them outside?

Also I"m not quite sure what you mean when you say that you are using native soil... but after you drill the holes you fill with your own dry mix and crystals... is the mix bat guano and worm castings and all ? or is it mixed with the native soil or something?

And you have had pictures of plants in your urban "city" spots which the soil was very rocky from what I could tell. If these are truly city spots how do you manage to dig the wholes even if its only 10 or so holes you are digging... without anyone seeing you... does your "overhead stab, underhand twist" really work that efficiently? Becuase i know that you can't possibly be using that auger for these spots with people walkin near them and cars and stuff!

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oohcow said:
Juilian,
You stated earlier you knew a guy that vegged under cfls for his outdoor plants. Do you happen to know how long it takes and under how many wattage of cfls he is doing before putting them outside?
He was doing floros to out in July in midwest, which surprised me big time...

I've done from close to 1k's out with little problems in July....

Notes:
I do try to get them under sun when possible, which is easier when germing later due to size......for example, I can germ up to almost 100 in 10" x 20" trays (70 something, 80 something), and, easy to move trays around......

Also of note, I couldn't recite the scientific explanation of hardening, but, I do know moisture to be an issue (serious) when smaller, all conditions of course affecting their diet and needs, so......while I say above I have done 1k's to out in July, I saw the primary issue as them having enough to drink , etc, until they grabbed....
Also I"m not quite sure what you mean when you say that you are using native soil... but after you drill the holes you fill with your own dry mix and crystals... is the mix bat guano and worm castings and all ? or is it mixed with the native soil or something?
Native soil of course meaning the ground as is......whatever one has existing to work with.....

Eary are drilled, as I love farther into season by hand with spade, etc....worm castings depend on site, op, mix, etc....ie: City I use less because can use a lot......farther out ops', more gets into holes, etc (ie: worm castings heavier in larger amounts, so......in city, a limit to what can be hauled.......)

Also of note: I consider WC seperate from dry mix and include more in "prep"....ie: Manure, compost, wc, etc, then dry mix (with crystals ) on top/mixed in per hole, etc......

When a good spot, only dry mix (nutes, including guano's and such, crystals, etc, and little or nothing else...ie: stick with native soil and dry mix), but, depending on op (such as sandy one), go to different prep and amendments on top of dry mix.....most areas for the most part I can do straight native soil, but, of course, if I have something on hand, or see a special, and, access to location is not a problem, I will add something anyway......ie: If I do a spot where existing soil is fine but have couple pallets of manure and WC's, I will use them anyway......(certainly can't hurt...:smoke:)...so...all depends what op calls for and what I have on hand and soil itself, etc......each and every one I do is different (even when multiple years in same locations...I change it up....all depends how I feel....)
And you have had pictures of plants in your urban "city" spots which the soil was very rocky from what I could tell. If these are truly city spots how do you manage to dig the wholes even if its only 10 or so holes you are digging...
Well, city spots are mostly track and other spots and some inclines, etc, so, tends to be a little softer.....railroad spots are basically sand and soot and rocks and suck...so, right spot, softer..(like with many.....one spot harder, 10 feet away might be softer...if too hard, I move to different spot (closer)

Also of note: City and such I run smaller (mini's), so, holes necessary of course smaller, making job easier.....

No....I do a lot more than 10 at a time...(last year end of season I was up to 100 per hour (under an hour)....peat pellets btw.......using same this year...
without anyone seeing you... does your "overhead stab, underhand twist" really work that efficiently? Becuase i know that you can't possibly be using that auger for these spots with people walkin near them and cars and stuff!
In the areas I do, I suppose so....can also be stab and "stir"......(hand in circular motion to enlarge hole, throw nutes with other hand to mix it in hole, plant, move on, etc......

Nah, Auger only in select spots and ops......sometimes we do something between the two with mid season which is pitchfork turned twice.....(then chopped a little with hand spade and planted......pitchfork works very well for those purposes....2 hits to a hole, (lately I throw dry mix on 2nd stab and they mix and then I plant, saves me time with hand spade......)

Planting in itself seems to have become one of my realms which I control....no one else seems to want to (cause4 I always correct them and I can plant as fast myself as those 3 can at the same time :biglaugh: , so.....nowadays....I dunno...I seem to be the dominant planter......(because sometimes I end up redoing their work as they are doing it, so :biglaugh:.....) Personally?...I don';t mind, I like it, because there are many other things I would rather not be doing also :biglaugh: (ie: I'd rather plant than drill....I'd rather plant than haul bags......I'd rather plant then do cages, etc, so...works out well for me...I do a step I like, enjoy, and am good/quick/efficient at......so....I can't complain :biglaugh:)

InjectTruth

Julian said:
Okay.....serious note........

Don't fight it. You are receiving valuable insight to them.

They are displaying they would jump the fence as soon as able, so, work with that knowledge in mind with those specific people...

Meaning?......Meaning that those types of people are basically: You teach them how, they put up expenses, first one you get your piece for showing them and second they are then on their own.......something like that, cause they're going to break off as soon as they can...(other issue with that is what they know about you for future .......if they get into trouble, what they would share, etc, could share....)

Could also charge them.....upfront....ie: Consulting.....you pay me xx........for time...you pay for expenses....you pay for clones, etc (ie: sell them op for 10k....15k.....+, etc.......minimal work for you, then more consulting if they have a problem in future........$100 an hour is more than reasonable (I think)...(or a z per hour off harvest, etc...and, chances are they will have a lot of issues if they are trying to run everything when not enough knowledge, etc........

(I said earlier how I have in past been ready to walk on an op........I thought about one that I told them $25k and it's theirs, they take over, etc..(they didn't, went on to finish and everything was fine after some heated moments, etc.....)

Those 2 scenario's are EXACTLY what I have presented. Either buy a "cab" from me upfront in cash, or I put all the money in, all the work, teach you how, take 75% of the first one and THATS IT, my hands are off!

As soon as the project gets rolling, everything changes. People slip little "amendments" into casual conversation, instead of saying "Hey, lets sit down and talk about a few things". Its as if they agree to the original schematic, but once they have plants in their house, they forget all that and you hear things like "Oh Im gonna give my brother some, Im still gonna give you some, and I just want to be able to smoke for free".

And to think, in terms of upfront, I was only asking 3k max.

I keep trying to weed out shysters from my circle, but the closer I get to the inner sanctum, the more I realize I can only trust myself. People Ive grown up with, who live at home and have full time jobs, they know exactly where Ive been and what Ive been through, AND they STILL try to FUCK me. What do you do when the people you grew up with can't be trusted?

Why not just move 2hrs away, grab something nice, lot of land (with a pool...you can thank me later :smoke:...).......that's what I would do :smoke:.......

If it were only that easy... I still don't have a job (something about looking like a Yeti), just got my first credit cards (no credit score whatsoever before), and the transportation issues involved with a 2hr commute worry me to no end. Did I mention MM's? (Not the good kind)

Trust me, that idea has been bouncing around in the capitalist side of my head like none other, but the human side of me just wants to face less penalties and be better to my girl cuz I wont be as stressed.

Been looking in the sticks in Cali, at 2-3 bedroom houses to rent for less than a 1K a month, sitting on an acre or two. Shit, Im paying nearly 1500 for an urban apt! I figure, move out, set up outdoor, call some friends, meet some cool cats and a few low key clubs and the whole time only be facing a slap on the wrist, if that. Im not a big guy, jail is a no go.

If I were to set up 2 hours out, I would be not only facing state (federal) cultivation charges, but also interstate trafficking as well, in a mandatory minimum state. Sure 5-6k is nice, but Ill take 3k, as you've said before.

P.S. I just checked Norml to see the laws in places you might be, and I can see why you might have a more lax attitude. Check the eastern seaboard states. When you get to the one with the worst laws, you hit the jackpot.

"If you are growing marijuana and caught with over 10 plants, the presumption of operating a narcotics manufacturing facility occurs which is a 1st degree felony carrying 10- 20 years."

10 FUCKING PLANTS!!!!!!!

oohcow

So julian,

sorry about asking so many newb questions... started my first "grow this season outdoors... like 4.. plants.. not 40 not 400 not 4000... 4.... lol. Anyway. For your railroad spots.. you stated that they are sandy and stuff. Do you still use native soil in these cases? I figure you have to since they are your city spots and you can't haul as much out there.
Also, Do all your spots have plants facing like the southern hemisphere or anything? Do your plants in your spots grow just fine if not getting the "recommended" ammount of sunlight?

I am planning my real "first" grow next season... with about 50. All city spots and probably spread out between 3-4 spots. I am using fem seeds and vegging via floros. my location is East of the mississippi river and north of tennesee like you. Do you think that using floros in our climate will succeed? I obviously will veg them much longer than you do under 1000w.

Last edited:

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
"If you are growing marijuana and caught with over 10 plants, the presumption of operating a narcotics manufacturing facility occurs which is a 1st degree felony carrying 10- 20 years."

Shit man, I thought it was bad here, 7 years for growing any amount. But, you will do those 7 years.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
InjectTruth said:
Those 2 scenario's are EXACTLY what I have presented. Either buy a "cab" from me upfront in cash, or I put all the money in, all the work, teach you how, take 75% of the first one and THATS IT, my hands are off!

As soon as the project gets rolling, everything changes. People slip little "amendments" into casual conversation, instead of saying "Hey, lets sit down and talk about a few things". Its as if they agree to the original schematic, but once they have plants in their house, they forget all that and you hear things like "Oh Im gonna give my brother some, Im still gonna give you some, and I just want to be able to smoke for free".

And to think, in terms of upfront, I was only asking 3k max.

I keep trying to weed out shysters from my circle, but the closer I get to the inner sanctum, the more I realize I can only trust myself. People Ive grown up with, who live at home and have full time jobs, they know exactly where Ive been and what Ive been through, AND they STILL try to FUCK me. What do you do when the people you grew up with can't be trusted?
Hey, let's sit down and talk :biglaugh:

So say "Okay, let's....what's on your mind"...let them speak, and address it firmly...(hence my above...I'll fuckin walk...or worse :smoke:.....)

You know, lot of people forget:
We control people's behavior more than we realize by how we behave and react...

Read through again.......

Social, etc...whatever....business?....well, I know my demeanor changes 100% flip flop..........I become one serious motherfucker....

I know what your saying....can't state a situation I haven't been in......but, somewhere, if having problems, you have to change something....because while many are , indeed, scumbags......well, most don't try anything unless you let them...

I'd add some firmness and caution to your original discussions..........adding you haver been through this before, not your first time, you have seen everything, and, this is how it will work, etc....any problems?.......you pull everything (from them), and it's done, their cut off...

NO second chances...
If it were only that easy... I still don't have a job (something about looking like a Yeti), just got my first credit cards (no credit score whatsoever before), and the transportation issues involved with a 2hr commute worry me to no end. Did I mention MM's? (Not the good kind)

Trust me, that idea has been bouncing around in the capitalist side of my head like none other, but the human side of me just wants to face less penalties and be better to my girl cuz I wont be as stressed.

Been looking in the sticks in Cali, at 2-3 bedroom houses to rent for less than a 1K a month, sitting on an acre or two. Shit, Im paying nearly 1500 for an urban apt! I figure, move out, set up outdoor, call some friends, meet some cool cats and a few low key clubs and the whole time only be facing a slap on the wrist, if that. Im not a big guy, jail is a no go.

If I were to set up 2 hours out, I would be not only facing state (federal) cultivation charges, but also interstate trafficking as well, in a mandatory minimum state. Sure 5-6k is nice, but Ill take 3k, as you've said before.

P.S. I just checked Norml to see the laws in places you might be, and I can see why you might have a more lax attitude. Check the eastern seaboard states. When you get to the one with the worst laws, you hit the jackpot.

10 FUCKING PLANTS!!!!!!!
Well, welcome to the world of growing........(penalties)........that one has to be aware of, and potentially face, etc....and, btw, wtf aren't you working man? :smoke:.....(Add another income on and you might be able to afford a better place also :smoke:......)

I face that on a consistent basis...(similar penalty......), so....have to decide and also write it into your approach...(grow 9 -5lb trees, etc)......and, then weigh it against what your doing...ps, profits, etc.........I wouldn't be growing PS if facing a 10yr MM........makes more sense just to buy it..(well, okay, I would :biglaugh: we've discussed this at the Tuesday and Thursday meetings before :biglaugh:)

:smoke:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oohcow said:
So julian,
sorry about asking so many newb questions...
Well, in reality, the best thing one can do to start is just read....Thread for every question one will ever have somewhere......)
started my first "grow this season outdoors... like 4.. plants.. not 40 not 400 not 4000... 4.... lol. Anyway. For your railroad spots.. you stated that they are sandy and stuff. Do you still use native soil in these cases? I figure you have to since they are your city spots and you can't haul as much out there.
Also, Do all your spots have plants facing like the southern hemisphere or anything? Do your plants in your spots grow just fine if not getting the "recommended" ammount of sunlight?
All above. I use native with a dry nute mix which sometimes mixed into more...(worm castings, whatever I have on hand to help with soil.....that is not always the case though, sometimes yes, sometimes no.....)

2. city spots I get solid sun, from sunrise to sunset.......which many might think is what they desire but with such (also as above) you will get heat and evaporation issues in locations where serious heat sets in for the summer.....so.....

My placement overall is where I can. "Optimal" is nice, but, I don't live in an "optimal" world, so.....do what I can, where I can, when I can, how I can (which, to me? :smoke: is optimal :smoke:)
I am planning my real "first" grow next season... with about 50. All city spots and probably spread out between 3-4 spots. I am using fem seeds and vegging via floros. my location is East of the mississippi river and north of tennesee like you. Do you think that using floros in our climate will succeed? I obviously will veg them much longer than you do under 1000w.
Well, the answer is simple.....someone in similar region does (many others also), but, really, very simple if working with lower numbers to move a tray into sunlight now and then, etc....so.....(which I would start when smaller, as easier to move them all the time, etc........)

Another thing is how long ti keep them.......which is a whole nother topic..("established"......is many things to many people.....to me? "established" is roots, not size.....with moisture for planting/hole accompanying.......which is the problem with heat in many cases....(ie: Plant them, small, hole not wet enough, plant unable to draw what it needs, etc....)

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saibai said:
Shit man, I thought it was bad here, 7 years for growing any amount. But, you will do those 7 years.
Blame it all on the monkeys :smoke:

:biglaugh:

(Bright side for you through is active eradication efforts........not the same as in the west.........so......always look at the positive.......rural,(mountain) less efforts....puts you in a good spot..:smoke:)

HOVAH

A WHILE BACK.... A GUY I WORK ASK TO JOIN FORCES ON A MONEY MAKING VENTURE 1. I HAD ALL THE KNOWLEDGE , ALL THE CONNECTS AND THE PRODUCT..... AND I WAS THE ONE WHO GOT F#CKED...THE BASTARD DISAPPEARED WITH MY HALF OF THE PROFIT.....ONE THING I LEARNED EARLY... BAD BIZ ALWAYS COMES BACK ON YOU... I IT COST ME 6K TO FIND OUT WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE LURK IN THE SHADOWS OF THIS BIZ, IS THE WAY I LOOK AT IT... FUCK PARTNERS ILL DIG ALL 1000 HOLES MYSELF THANKYOU!!!

JUELS,,, HOW MUCH MONEY YOU DROPPING ON SEEDS... ITS GOTTA BE OVER 200K ?... AM I CALCULATING RIGHT??? THE MOST IV PAID FOR SEEDS IS 300.00.... IS RECEIVING 200K WORTH OF SEEDS IN THE MAIL SAFE?? HELL YOU CAN START A SEEDBANK

HOVAH

SOMETIMES I THINK IM TOO KIND HEARTED...... TOO NAIVE..... BASTARDS ALWAYS TAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS ..... HAVE TO LEARN TO GIVE A F*CK ABOUT ASSHOLES..... ABOUT AS MUCH AS THEY GIVES A F*CK ABOUT ME.....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOVAH said:
A WHILE BACK.... A GUY I WORK ASK TO JOIN FORCES ON A MONEY MAKING VENTURE 1. I HAD ALL THE KNOWLEDGE , ALL THE CONNECTS AND THE PRODUCT..... AND I WAS THE ONE WHO GOT F#CKED...THE BASTARD DISAPPEARED WITH MY HALF OF THE PROFIT.....ONE THING I LEARNED EARLY... BAD BIZ ALWAYS COMES BACK ON YOU... I IT COST ME 6K TO FIND OUT WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE LURK IN THE SHADOWS OF THIS BIZ, IS THE WAY I LOOK AT IT... FUCK PARTNERS ILL DIG ALL 1000 HOLES MYSELF THANKYOU!!!
Well......no stranger to problems........for me maybe a little easier than some do to how I deal with and approach such, but, I understand nevertheless....and, you know, lot about it above and throughout.....People who do the shit, party too much, nothing to loose, etc, etc, all endless and I start to see an "art" to it I suppose.....but, you know, you always have to keep in mind, everyone different, so....and, as I have said before....(at least to me).....good ones more than make up for bad ones (have to break a few eggs to make an omlette I suppose....)
JUELS,,, HOW MUCH MONEY YOU DROPPING ON SEEDS... ITS GOTTA BE OVER 200K ?... AM I CALCULATING RIGHT??? THE MOST IV PAID FOR SEEDS IS 300.00.... IS RECEIVING 200K WORTH OF SEEDS IN THE MAIL SAFE?? HELL YOU CAN START A SEEDBANK
No man....it varies, every op different, and, sometimes I have stock from this and that, sometimes clones, etc......One year all clones, one year stock and clones, etc....all depends but of course never that much......(you get a deal and your looking at maybe couple grand per thousand.........) This year I had some from this, that left over from last year (seed)...lost a nice seed plot, but, had some from here, from there, bought a little (maybe $2k or so), and, then, got another stash written about a little while ago (skunk guy, who ws saving lot of things, etc), so......and, making stock this year, going heavy on it, so........and going to try for all fem stock, and, also going to do fem AF runs and see how that works out at some point....might wait till winter, not sure yet........

Nah, shipment no biggie if done right on other side......just has to be done right...(year before last changed me....think I lost about $3k in orders......)

HOVAH said:
SOMETIMES I THINK IM TOO KIND HEARTED...... TOO NAIVE..... BASTARDS ALWAYS TAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS ..... HAVE TO LEARN TO GIVE A F*CK ABOUT ASSHOLES..... ABOUT AS MUCH AS THEY GIVES A F*CK ABOUT ME.....
You probably are..........(most are in fact).....but never let such things change you........be who you are and work with that........(ie: Easy to get a little hard about it...but...you know....just have to screen better in the future.......clarify more the details, etc.......you know, like anything and everything in life.....nothing ever necessarily perfect...(girl.....can be temp, gone, another around the corner....jobs the same.....home, etc, and on and on it goes......we go through many such in life........some great, some bad, some we try to keep when good, etc.........)

All you can do is learn........you know..I have done a lot of partnerships (a lot.....like...hundreds....and, I can tell ya,...out of hundreds?......Sure, I have endless stories, but, I'll tell ya, out of all of those, I really only have like, 2-3 that still leave a bad taste in my mouth, ya know?......so....I guess can't be all bad.......(stories?...more than 2-3 :biglaugh:....but, you know, write it off as people are eople and what do you expect and no violence necessary, which is always a good thing I suppose, so......

oohcow

Julien,

Just wanted to say. I don't like watching TV. but upon your recommendation, i have downloaded all seasons of the Wire and watched the first 10 episodes... Man this show is fucking awesome.

Also, went out and bought candlestick trading, I ching, and art of war after seeing that the show was the best.

thanks for the recommendations

-OC

Status
Not open for further replies.