What's new

MASSIVE OUTDOOR GROW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonsaiBud

I asked Mr. Celsius about the silver spray. I think he got it close to saturated when he made his own. He told me that one good spray and bananas were popping out everywhere a few days later.

I was at a party recently and a few people were passing a joint. Several hits had been taken, but it was only about 1/3 burnt. Yuk! mildewed Mexican brick. After my second hit, I knew this was no "domestic" as I call it. I passed and went inside. Later one of the guys who had joined in smoking that joint referred to it as 'dro. I asked, "that, 'dro?"
"You do know what 'dro is, don't you" he asked me.
"Yes" I replied, "and that was not it."

Well...there could have been a moldy basement...but I doubt it. Burned with chemical nutes? more like sparyed with various pesticides from the generic Monsanto chemical company in Mexico.

Can't get quality around here. For a time, in a larger city, I got "domestic", as I call it, and the grower must have known his stuff and not scimped on the cheap strains. (not a rule about cheap strains; more of general hint about getting what you pay for. exception: Mandala: inexpensive quality because he does it for us med patients...or just tried a little trick of economics.)

Now, I did these at night. No moon. Very little city light reflected down to this area. I took no light and didn't find a lighter in my pocket until I was done, empty, and making my way back home. I didn't have the measuring spoon, as it won't fit in my mini nute jar. But, it was so dark, I had to put the stuff into my hand and measure by sight. Then, no gloves...water crystals burn my skin, I fear.

In one spot, I must have hit on some plant I am allergic to. I could not stop coughing. I had fantasies about doing all my future runs with a nice dose of cough medicine and antihistamines in my system. Luckily, the bullfrogs got used to me so I could still use them as an alert system. At the last spot I was not coughing at all.

And once I was packed up at the last spot: all I could think was, "what can I put out next?"

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BonsaiBud said:
I asked Mr. Celsius about the silver spray. I think he got it close to saturated when he made his own. He told me that one good spray and bananas were popping out everywhere a few days later.
Yeah, I talked with him a bit and helped me out with some questions.....but, application is supposed to be daily for 2 weeks before flower and then daily 2 weeks after, and, also, from what I have read, some haven't had success who deviated from recommended procedure (maybe some had to low ppm....some sprayed when already in flower, so.......I'd stick to process to be on safe side...would kill me to do a run and have it ineffective...(because right now limited stock of special stuff, so, if just to be ineffective,I'd rather just cross them pure, ya know?......(I also have always had somewhat good success by letting things go full term and them spitting out a minimal about of nice fems off moms...(Hear Soma uses this method...always nice, pure....stable, etc).......but, for me, really a minimal amount...(6-10ft plant, maybe a dozen if I am lucky......have to pick through a lot, and, one could imagine how close I have to look and go through things to grb them all........(always single ones, under bud......)
I was at a party recently and a few people were passing a joint. Several hits had been taken, but it was only about 1/3 burnt. Yuk! mildewed Mexican brick.
Mildeweed :biglaugh: Fuck man......I'm sorry :biglaugh: (I haven't had anything lately....hit some nice regular, and, didn't do anything for me really....had some bubble a week or so ago...partners still sitting on loads, but, bubble gets me a little too high, so :biglaugh: (I rub tips of my smokes every now and then, but, don't indulge most of year...as harvest , I pretty much go overboard for couple months......:biglaugh:....)
After my second hit, I knew this was no "domestic" as I call it. I passed and went inside. Later one of the guys who had joined in smoking that joint referred to it as 'dro. I asked, "that, 'dro?"
"You do know what 'dro is, don't you" he asked me.
"Yes" I replied, "and that was not it."
Guy asking you if you know what "dro" is :biglaugh:......fuckin people amuse me :biglaugh:.......I don't know sometimes whether to be insulted or amused it's so absurd...(we just had some above....)
Well...there could have been a moldy basement...but I doubt it. Burned with chemical nutes? more like sparyed with various pesticides from the generic Monsanto chemical company in Mexico.
Ehhhhhh, I dunno man...I think anyone who has ever grown any variety indoors or out would know difference between regular (mildeweed) and even some badly cared for indoor, ya know?......Can't see how anyone could mistake the 2........)
Can't get quality around here. For a time, in a larger city, I got "domestic", as I call it, and the grower must have known his stuff and not scimped on the cheap strains. (not a rule about cheap strains; more of general hint about getting what you pay for. exception: Mandala: inexpensive quality because he does it for us med patients...or just tried a little trick of economics.)
Well, I see stuff here and there "outside my circle", but, usually such a price attached and, you know, it's not that I don't have the money....just out of principle, ya know?....fuckin principle.....(heard a whisper the other day about someone found something nice for like, 200 a fuckin quarter :biglaugh: Yeah....right :biglaugh:....textbook response: Does a blowjob come with that? :biglaugh:

So...when I am out....when friends and partners out?....I really don't smoke much unless "I make it myself"...ya know?...sometimes why I get a little rushed...pressed...etc........(cause have to make something so I have something :biglaugh:)

(or I could just keep some on hand and leave it alone, but.....I cut myself off after harvest season.......too much other stuff to do, etc...so....I pass on it anyway....)
Now, I did these at night. No moon. Very little city light reflected down to this area. I took no light and didn't find a lighter in my pocket until I was done, empty, and making my way back home. I didn't have the measuring spoon, as it won't fit in my mini nute jar. But, it was so dark, I had to put the stuff into my hand and measure by sight. Then, no gloves...water crystals burn my skin, I fear.
Nah.....absolutely nothing in any mix that is going to burn you (typical mixes we all use....)......if guano's, I would wash and make sure clean under nails and everywhere with brush, etc.....would anyway, but, nah.......crystals nothing...could stick your hand in tub and keep it there for a day and would be no problem....I've done bare handed lots of time..(gloves for me are more for pretection....when I have no gloves and plant, I always have my hands torn up...weeds, sticks, bushes, etc.....
In one spot, I must have hit on some plant I am allergic to. I could not stop coughing. I had fantasies about doing all my future runs with a nice dose of cough medicine and antihistamines in my system. Luckily, the bullfrogs got used to me so I could still use them as an alert system. At the last spot I was not coughing at all.
Could have hit/disturbed something, of course.....lot of people know about stinging nettles.......and the results of touch, but, you want into a patch, disturb and the wind is the right way, you will get a lung full (I have many times in different places)

That's funny....I as laughing at bullfrogs the other day....(the noise.."voices"...:biglaugh:.....
And once I was packed up at the last spot: all I could think was, "what can I put out next?"
Yep, that's how it works :biglaugh:..........or the flip side is the "Okay,after I get these out, I can then do another round" :biglaugh:

BonsaiBud

schemes, schematics, blue prints on file

schemes, schematics, blue prints on file

AFs can be sexed so soon that there is little need for feminized in my scheme of things. I hope to get it going to where I put out 10 little fems each week. After about 9 or 10 or 12 weeks I will be put some out and getting a harvest each week until sometime in September when I stop planting and just start harvesting everything. Continuous outdoor :headbange

That will be my capacity goal for this season. I hope to get Satori out. They just deserve it.
Satori is so slow that I will get a DR X Satori harvest (18 weeks in theory) before I harvest the new Satoris. I germed about 4 days before the DRs.
Satori pollen on Diesel Ryder. (I have a male Satori in flower) I fertilize the DR at 4 weeks. at 9 or 10 I can germ the seeds. I find a few autoflowers and cull the rest. I then grow the autos out and save a couple for sensi. 2 more generations and it is stabilized. I'll try to have a Satori carry the F1 seed in case it has any male-linked genes...but we smoke the females...well...just to keep it more Satori and less inbred.

Now I gotta go work on my growbox. I kinda need to reclaim my bathtub. :bashhead:

However, CMH makes for a nice bathroom light...

Last edited:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BonsaiBud said:
AFs can be sexed so soon that there is little need for feminized in my scheme of things.
Well........but, for outdoor.....a little different, and, I'll tell you why:
I have of course done many,many late season mini's...large amounts.....and, see, the problem is this: When your talking large amounts, tightly spaced.....and, combine that with small (4-6"??), I mean, your not getting in there to sex em....(I've done it and tried :biglaugh:), so, for me.....fem suits large more tightly spaced plots.......I mean......6"...going to get in there on your knees?....nope, can't.......and, where are you going to stp to get into a plot?....etc....so.......large, tightly spaced patches?.....I see no alternative, so, that is my main desire with fems......can't get into sex them in the first place (plus, of course, 50% of your work devoted to things which will not return anything....same as planting regular males/females....effort for hole, plant, wasted.....(although, in defense....in past in those situations, we just replace it with another since all prep already done on the hole....)

BonsaiBud

No, you can sex them at 3 weeks. You can sex them before they are big enough to go out. Don't make me put a bunch of T5s under my bed for a huge sprout chamber...cause I'll do it.
My sad, failed attempt at seed. Perhaps it was the nibbler or bad timing...
That plant is no more than 8 inches tall. Perhaps 6.
lol...

Oh yeah, I grew an AF that was THIS small

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BonsaiBud said:
No, you can sex them at 3 weeks. You can sex them before they are big enough to go out. Don't make me put a bunch of T5s under my bed for a huge sprout chamber...cause I'll do it.
My sad, failed attempt at seed. Perhaps it was the nibbler or bad timing...
That plant is no more than 8 inches tall. Perhaps 6.
lol...
:biglaugh:...Well, but, see, now you'd already be falling behind (if waiting to sex to plant), and, see, what I am saying is, imagine, say, a 200 x 200 or larger patch, planted 1 per sq. ft.., and, if only , whatever......4-6-8", whatever...trying to get in there and move around, bend down and look, pull, just move through in general......can't be done (I've done it......it's hard to explain how difficult.....) similar to a tightly spaced room in the sense of once in and going....can't walk in certain spots, etc, just no room to do so....

Actually...even try smaller....imagine a 20 x 20, one per sq. ft....I mean, your not getting in there if spaced tight...where are you going to step?....going to bend from waist down throughout entire patch (each and every single one......20 x 20 is 400+ depending on how you space).......

Really man....I've done it (ventured into larger late season short patches.......it's a problem...once they grab....your not getting in there without stepping on some, missing some, etc....)

Last edited:

BonsaiBud

What I am saying is: they get sexed in the "veg center". Still, a 50% waste of veg center space and resources. And: how do cops count males? :confused:

But I know that we have been talking about seeding backpacks and doing a field; so yeah.

Seriously, I am just as eager to make fem seeds as you; I just can't order a roll of silver until next month (no, I'm not that hard up; money just isn't in the right place) I'd be dissolving an old silver spoon, but I don't have one here. Finnaly, I am not too familiar with the whole "silver as a solution" concept when it comes to my physical chemistry...wait...College chem book on shelf behind me.

brb, got to study

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BonsaiBud said:
What I am saying is: they get sexed in the "veg center". Still, a 50% waste of veg center space and resources. And: how do cops count males? :confused:

But I know that we have been talking about seeding backpacks and doing a field; so yeah.
Well, I used example above to even play it down less than that.......ie: 20' x 20' spot, which, if talking 1ft'ers, 2ft'ers....I mean, still hard to get in.....

I do know what your saying, but, larger volume, it's easiest for me, and I prefer to just do Jiffy pellets......(I could get 400-500 in same space as 50 16oz cups for example....if packing and walking, as above, urban, I mean, I can get 100 in same bags I might only get 20 with 3" peat pots, so.....all about max efficiency, etc......100% fem, plant all early, tight, nice spacing, and, you know it's done and can move onto next round(s)....
Seriously, I am just as eager to make fem seeds as you; I just can't order a roll of silver until next month (no, I'm not that hard up; money just isn't in the right place) I'd be dissolving an old silver spoon, but I don't have one here. Finnaly, I am not too familiar with the whole "silver as a solution" concept when it comes to my physical chemistry...wait...College chem book on shelf behind me.

brb, got to study
Well, you've got the one write up here, fairly simple....and, can find things many other places....

I've heard from several this week that STS preferred, but, if one looks up the process which takes place, I see CS as preferred myself (STS ordered chemicals and toxic, plant doesn't take the treatment well, vs. CS, non toxic, and, by all accounts plants seem to take it fairly well, so....process escapes me (silver stopping production of........etc), but,....I don't know...CS more attractive to me for many reasons and many have gotten good results with proper application, so.....

CS fairly simple to create, and, if one doesn't want to assemble DIY, then ready made kits also, such as here, silver included...., for like $60 bucks.....which, when one takes into consideration enables production of any volume of seeds, I mean.....ie: $60 bucks and couple moms, could produce $6,000 in seed, etc)....so.....

You mentioned a spoon above but all accounts everywhere state .999(9) ideal, and, should be kept in mind regarding above (spoon), things such as sterling as not .999...(I think sterling is like, 70%, rest copper maybe?....) so.....would have an impact I am sure...

I've used fem seed for a while......suits my purposes well....never really had any problems with it.....(here and there.....but, not enough to make a problem........minor ratios...maybe 1%, etc.....but, many other times, 100% solid, so....any problems I have had with them, minor compared to efficiency......(less lead time, no maintenance, etc.....)

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
http://www.ccsilver.com/silver/superfines.html

has really cheap 9999 purity silver in small sections. I can't vouch for the quality of the service or anything since I've yet to purchase from them, but at $12 for a 6" strip of wire, you could have your entire setup for less than $20.

I need to check over at the CS thread if feminized plants hit with CS result in more hermies in the resultant seeds of the polinated female than would the resultant seeds of non-feminized, female plants hit with CS pollinating another female.

If there was no increased hermaphrodism, this would seemingly solve the AF CS problem as you would know that (basically) all plants are female to start so you can just hit any of your feminized female plants with CS from the start.

not trying to hijack, but seems we are on this topic. question will be posted to CS thread when I get less lazy........

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FirstTracks said:
http://www.ccsilver.com/silver/superfines.html

has really cheap 9999 purity silver in small sections. I can't vouch for the quality of the service or anything since I've yet to purchase from them, but at $12 for a 6" strip of wire, you could have your entire setup for less than $20.
Well, I can tell you this.....use of pump/airstone's seem to make large difference in quality, and I just fail to see how if only using coins or something similar, would be effective/efficient, etc.......so....wire seems to be the way to go.........(ie: Wire can be hung over containers edge, preventing any contact between water and clips/wires,, so.....I saw another place that was like $12 a foot......(all depends on thickness, etc)....yeah...wire seems way to go with containers, air pumps, etc.....
I need to check over at the CS thread if feminized plants hit with CS result in more hermies in the resultant seeds of the polinated female than would the resultant seeds of non-feminized, female plants hit with CS pollinating another female.
Well, again, not my area of expertise, I wouldn't go with procured fems for any projects.....stability my concern, so....but, the things I will be working with are stable......have never seen a problem with them.....so.....I don't know, but, I wouldn't work procured fem stock....would stick with stable M/F stock to start with........(I want to fem the BOG SB....something I like very much and have been doing on and off now for last couple years.......and also the new pink thing I cam across.......)......
If there was no increased hermaphrodism, this would seemingly solve the AF CS problem as you would know that (basically) all plants are female to start so you can just hit any of your feminized female plants with CS from the start.
Well, at this point, I only have 2 AF concerns...(curiosities...)....well, one...

The first was how does one treat in advance of flower if no pre flowers, and, solution simple....just begin treating target group early on..(before flower period), and remove males as they show for proper application....

The second though (and, again, not my area of expertise.....) was addressing will AF x AF result in 100% AF stock, or does it have to be crossed back again for 100% AF stock........(and in process treated for fems...etc.....)...Breeding not my area of expertise, so, those things always confuse me....still reading, asking questions, so......
not trying to hijack, but seems we are on this topic. question will be posted to CS thread when I get less lazy........
Not at all....feel free........Still have not heard specific target ppm's (CS). Have found sources for CS at varying ppm's, but, yeah, definitely see the benefit in producing it yourself...(cost.......if one was to be going through gallons upon gallons with a larger treated group..........have seen it at couple/several hundred per gallon, so.....if doing larger scale....doesn't mak financial sense...(I originally thought, "eh, fuck that, I'll just buy some"......nah.......prices are laughable....:biglaugh:

Anyway.......yeah, BOG and Lemon groups should be hit soon........AF still trying to figure out all aspects.....trying to get everything down first...would rather enter process with 100% certain path to proceed........

Still haven't ruled out the STS.....as hear way to go, certain outcome, etc, but....from what I have found here and there (elsewhere).....they both operate on same principle.....so...

I'm still checking out and reading a lot of stuff when I get the time.........just want to be certain.......would rather do standard M/F for stock than end up with a problem and lose the line/problem with process/ineffective, etc....Can't get any more of the one (BOG SB), and, as far as I have found, I am only one who has the Lemon....so....answer of those might be just to do typical pollination to preserve, and then use some of that stock for fem run.....(but then wouldn't the resulting stock vary from parents anyway?.....).....whatever :biglaugh: still trying to figure out most stable/effective course of action....

G

Julian said:
Spoken like someone who thinks they know something :biglaugh:....

Second of all..........you really think it matters what name you use?........:biglaugh:...You really think for a moment from your first post I don't know who you are and your agenda? :biglaugh:

Every post.....regardless of name.......shows what a small man you are, and what a small world you live in.........and with each and every one showing a lack of basic understanding of the world around them......

So, since an excuse now to share nothing, then no reason to be here :smoke:...

A small man.......in a small world......

(Also fascinating how a site containing over 10,000 threads with over 1,000,000 post teaching how to grow, I have the honor of your presence :biglaugh:.........)

Does the word "transparent" ring a bell? :biglaugh:
Who i am?my agenda?you lost me their,smoking that shit to much got your young mind all fucked up.Honestly how old are you?It seems you must be a adolescent deliquent as a man would never teach kids/strangers how to be a successful drug dealer,such things are a disgrace but i ain't got time to be talking about this shit so do every child on this site a favor and answer questions and continue your rants in PM's because a shame of a man like you is a bad influence on a young undeveloped mind.

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:biglaugh:

Yes........who you are

Anyone care to guess who this poster is?......It is obvious...........:smoke:

(Always simple......look at posts...date of posts...what they state, where they appear, speech patterns, word selection in different posts........didn't read any of thread...also obvious and a key point...though they state they did.....)

G

Julian said:
:biglaugh:

Yes........who you are

Anyone care to guess who this poster is?......It is obvious...........:smoke:

(Always simple......look at posts...date of posts...what they state, where they appear, speech patterns, word selection in different posts........didn't read any of thread...also obvious and a key point...though they state they did.....)
Seek professional help,i'm done here.LOL :laughing:

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You don't have enough self respect to be done(which is another hint for people :smoke:).........besides, I hope not..........every post helps narrow it down for people and the pool is growing.....

NorthCoast said:
Who i am?my agenda?you lost me their,smoking that shit to much got your young mind all fucked up.Honestly how old are you?It seems you must be a adolescent deliquent as a man would never teach kids/strangers how to be a successful drug dealer,such things are a disgrace but i ain't got time to be talking about this shit so do every child on this site a favor and answer questions and continue your rants in PM's because a shame of a man like you is a bad influence on a young undeveloped mind.

Why such hate? Why are you here on this site? What makes you think everyone is a kid on here? This isn't a MySpace page.....

I do not get it, why if someone grows Herb and shares with others are they a: 1) Disgrace
2.) Bad Influence, etc.

Besides the Military, I do not know many who chose to do something and or have a belief in something (maybe be temporary or ongoing/phase) to better their own life which may result in the loss of their own freedom.

Look at Joe Kennedy, he was a Bootlegger during prohibition...A well respected powerful man, probably went to church every weekend, met with Private, Public and Criminal individuals (Powerful People) and was looked upon as Successful, Respected an a outstanding citizen!

Now take the War on Pot, prohibition is in place now....
You become some idiot flunky who should be shot, your family taken away and destroyed and if some had it their way never walk among the public again.

I just do not get it....

:bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

G

NorthCoast said:
Seek professional help,i'm done here.LOL :laughing:
HOW TRUE hahahahahha...............

THis thread has got to stop sometime buddy,or are you
gonna go for post 100,000,000,000 just keep quoting,posting
and MOST OF ALL TYPING YOUR FINGERS OFF!
WOW buddy.............ouch?
:rant: fest........

Spring has come even in your neck of the woods!!!!!
CAN WE ACTUALLY SEE SOME PLANTS,enuff talk already
PERIOD. :cuss: it wont kill you to let it go,start a new thread!!! :headbange

I guess since this thread has about 35,000 more than the next closest thread in the number of views, says alot about it popularity. I, for one, check in each night, to see if there are any new posts. Sort of like some people watch the nightly news, or whatever else they do after a day at work. I check this thread, and all posts written by silverback. I have followed it since its begining, and followed the indoor thread for most of its "life". How many people are going to grow a ton of weed? How many people are going to sell it if they do grow it? The theme of this thread, in my opinon, is not about growning tons, but to look inside oneself and see if they cant do better. It not about being rich or having "things" other people dont have. It is about doing the best that you can, with what you have on hand. Marijuana growing, is just the medium that we all have in common, or wish that we did. This is a pot growing fourm is it not.? So if someone has a way of doing things that dont fit with your way of thinking, then they are wrong? Honestly,how many of you thought about doing late season minis before it was discussed in this thread? How many thought that you could carry 3500 clones in your trunk, in those under the bed totes available at wal mart? I have grown weed in some form or fashion since the early 80's. That doesnt make me any kind of expert. I have learned a ton of valuable information from this thread. So I would like to say thank you, to all of the people that have posted in some positive way. For the most part, it has been a dialouge between mature individuls, on the aspects of outdoor growning, finding the courage to think outside the box, and try some new things. Both pyhsical and mental. So I hope it continues for another 100,000 posts, and never has a picture in it that doesnt contribute to the overall theme. To all of the regulars, keep doing what you do, and check in from time to time and let us know how your season is going. To all of the detractors, find a thread that is more in line with you intelligence level.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
with all due respect..........

fuuuuuuuuuuck the haters

I must be pretty dense, because I'm not sure why sharing successful techniques, regardless of claimed scale of ops, is a problem on a site that encourages the sharing of knowledge.

~IRISH

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yup - I get a lot out of this thread too, despite its size - still not read it all, and I doubt I will, but I appreciate commitment above else.

Having started my first proper outdoor grow this year (40 plant target, definite trouble if caught), I've had to think long and hard about a lot of things lately, but decided to go through with it, on the basis that if the karma stays good (and the natives of my spot will let me know on that!), then it will hopefully progress smoothly.

I'm not planning to sell mine, but just want to produce enough to last me through the winter - there's not much of an 'outdoor' market here anyway, although that's mainly as no-one ever does it.

Keep it up Julian - I may not post much here, but I certainly read a good deal! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.