What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Cool thanks everyone sorry to clog up the thread with this silliness. Here's the girls plus my veggies lol it's getting thick in there.
picture.php

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
sometimes the pics take a bit to show up, especially if you use tor. nothing wrong with being a noob. the first time is a beautiful thing! im jealous of anyone able to grow in the sun. one day, i will get the chance.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I hear ya nameless. Im scared shitless to be honest with you. First year Im growing in peoples yards in full view, and noses, of the neighbors on all sides of them.

GG#4, Ancient OG, Blueberry Cheesecake, C99, Outdoor Grapefruit, etc...
Its gonna STINK! The buds will be peeping over the tops of the 6' fence.
With the new laws and the cloudiness of all the red-tape here, plus the thieving rippers EVERYWHERE, I gotta admit, this isnt gonna be an easy ride at all.

Im taking the risk only because the laws changed and its not in my yard. :biggrin:

Im putting in as little investment as possible and letting them get most of the the materials. Its the genetics in my stable were using and the knowledge and experience Ive aquired over the years as my part of the investment. Ill put in money, but not alot.

I would actually be surprised if we harvest a single bud.
Im expecting police to show up and question the home owners.
then they are gonna tell them they need to cull the plants because of some bullshit red-tape. If we harvest a single zip Ill be happy.

Americangrower

Veteran
I hear ya nameless. Im scared shitless to be honest with you. First year Im growing in peoples yards in full view, and noses, of the neighbors on all sides of them.

GG#4, Ancient OG, Blueberry Cheesecake, C99, Outdoor Grapefruit, etc...
Its gonna STINK! The buds will be peeping over the tops of the 6' fence.
With the new laws and the cloudiness of all the red-tape here, plus the thieving rippers EVERYWHERE, I gotta admit, this isnt gonna be an easy ride at all.

Im taking the risk only because the laws changed and its not in my yard. :biggrin:

Im putting in as little investment as possible and letting them get most of the the materials. Its the genetics in my stable were using and the knowledge and experience Ive aquired over the years as my part of the investment. Ill put in money, but not alot.

I would actually be surprised if we harvest a single bud.
Im expecting police to show up and question the home owners.
then they are gonna tell them they need to cull the plants because of some bullshit red-tape. If we harvest a single zip Ill be happy.

I would be more worried about asshat thieves than the popo.. between smell and or looselip partners, remind them to tell no1 not even their dog

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
sorry to be the annoying newb in the thread but is there a basic soil mix I should use for outside? ive been growing indoors various hydro method for years, about 7 years of that coco coir. my knowledge of soil is fairly limited. this year im putting out my first outdoor plants which im planning to attach to a gravity micro drip system so that they can be watered in my absence.
im just wondering what soil mixes you guys are using to get your plants looking so good..?

by the way OGTW, your plants at the start of the thread look beautiful. I will be following this thread so good luck man. I can get them looking like that indoors but outdoors is a whole new ball game. seems pretty daunting.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Check out Shcrews outdoor thread. He has a good soil mix in his thread. There are good threads abnout soil mixes for big plants outdoors all thruout the outdoor growers forum.

I spend the cash and get FFOF soil from the hydro store and pay top dollar.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Check out Shcrews outdoor thread. He has a good soil mix in his thread. There are good threads abnout soil mixes for big plants outdoors all thruout the outdoor growers forum.

I spend the cash and get FFOF soil from the hydro store and pay top dollar.

ffof dont have too much pearl for sunshine? so much cut in that mix now

I lost all faith in FFOF a while back. I'd use it in a pinch still but nowadays I'm all about that Roots Organics FWIW :2cents:

roots-organics-soil.jpg

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I use it faithfully. Yes, you can get a batch thats too woody and dry. It comes with fungus gnats.
But damn, it produces the tastiest buds ever. Never tasted any buds locally grown that taste better than mine. I may not get the yield from say coco, or DWC growers, but the taste you cant beat with FFOF soil.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I use it faithfully. Yes, you can get a batch thats too woody and dry. It comes with fungus gnats.
But damn, it produces the tastiest buds ever. Never tasted any buds locally grown that taste better than mine. I may not get the yield from say coco, or DWC growers, but the taste you cant beat with FFOF soil.

I'm thinking if you made the leap to mixing your own soil or recycling your soil after a run you would be very pleasantly surprised with your results. Way cheaper to do this too. I got disenchanted with FFOF after some bags with copious fungus gnats as well as other bags with bits of shredded plastic from grocery bags and large woody chunks or other bits of stringy wood or roots or something. FFOF has burned some seedlings and younger plants I've had too.

Don't mean to be nay saying, just relating my experiences. I definitely understand people having a preference and sticking with something that works for them :good:

I would encourage you to recycle and reamend your soil from finished runs if you aren't already doing that though. I throw my old rootballs in 50 gallon totes and bust them up. When I remember to I sprinkle in some dry organic ferts and mix it all together and let it sit like that til I need it again. I even mix in old stems, rootballs, and fan leaves. I try to close the loop as much as possible. :2cents:

Grow on good sir! :yes:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I do this with all my old, used soil for outdoors. I save it all winter long so now I have 30 bags of soil with about 15 glns in each bag. :)

Americangrower

Veteran
Well I'm a cheap basted so I still do it the BOG way..I buy cheap soil, use to use Walmart but now it's Lowe's because it's 6.89 for 2cf. I add 2 cups of blood/ bone meal 1 cup Holytone some castings guano and perlite. I know soil has non organic trace fertilizer but it's long gone buy harvest.

~star~crash~

I bring my old soil medium to the compost bins(they are now full so i have a mound next to the bins) excellent in the veggie garden,or flower containers

Americangrower

Veteran
I bring my old soil medium to the compost bins(they are now full so i have a mound next to the bins) excellent in the veggie garden,or flower containers

I just have a pile outside on a tarp uncovered to let rain remove any salt build up. I recycle everything but root ball.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Yep the forecast is on/off but even on rainy days I am seeing noticeable growth on my outdoor plants. Cant beat that big HPS in the sky even when it is cloudy.