What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

Green Squall

pots are cute...plants look healthy & anxious for the garden ^^^^^^^

Rain Monday, so I am planning Tuesday or Wednesday for the transplant.

I went to my local garden center expecting to find a wide selection of nursery pots, but all they had were overpriced reusables and bullshit ornamentals. Told them to step up their game.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Sometimes you can go to the grocery store temporary nurseries and get pots from them, or ask nurseries where you can get pots, proper nurseries that have potted trees and such with heavy duty pots, you never know they may sell you some.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Still havent recieved my beans from Female Seeds. Any Longer and Im gonna have to use clones, and scrap the seed grows they wanted me to run for them.

Buddle

Veteran
Sometimes you can go to the grocery store temporary nurseries and get pots from them, or ask nurseries where you can get pots, proper nurseries that have potted trees and such with heavy duty pots, you never know they may sell you some.

Yes they do Limey. Any good farmer promotes recycling. Especially plastic. I got some great 30 and 40 gallon tree pots back in the day for 4.00 apiece!!

Buddle

Veteran
Rain Monday, so I am planning Tuesday or Wednesday for the transplant.

I went to my local garden center expecting to find a wide selection of nursery pots, but all they had were overpriced reusables and bullshit ornamentals. Told them to step up their game.

I was always taught transplanting in the rain for anything going in the ground is ideal. Your garden is very inviting Green Squall. Your girls are going to LOVE it!!!

B

back_woods

How long should we be cooking our soil going with spag peat moss base

i let mine cook a couple weeks and turn it a couple times a week. you will feel it get hot and then start cooling down. once it cools back down your good to go

Green Squall

I was always taught transplanting in the rain for anything going in the ground is ideal. Your garden is very inviting Green Squall. Your girls are going to LOVE it!!!

Thanks. There's been some wear and tear on the fence over the years, so instead of totally replacing it, I wrapped garden netting around the perimeter for extra protection against the critters.

I actually decided to transplant today. I have a busy week and they really needed to get out of those pots. Also transplanted tomatoes, swiss chard, bok choy and peppers. It's so cool being able to have everything in the same garden:dance013:

marmarb

Guess we all took advantage of the rain finally got them out. Started a thread didnt want to clutter your thread.

marmarb

Does hole size matter much. For example 5gallon hole vs 2 gallon hole either way roots will grow into surrounding soil correct

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
It matters ALOT!
If you have a 2gln hole of good soil, and the rest is just regular lawn soil, you wont get shit for a yield. With a 5 gln hole you could get 4 -6 ounces or alittle more off the plant.
The bigger the hole filled with good medium, the bigger the plant will be.

Latest posts

Latest posts