What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I am trying to get the girls outside. They are out there now and have been for about an hour but are wilting a bit not as bad as my veggies. Gonna bring them back in soon and try again tomorrow.

B

back_woods

I am trying to get the girls outside. They are out there now and have been for about an hour but are wilting a bit not as bad as my veggies. Gonna bring them back in soon and try again tomorrow.

try setting them in a shady spot where they only get an hour or two of direct light. harden them off.once a week move them to where they get more sun till they get used to it. one reason i put them out soon as they go in cups.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
rain is terrible timing down here. ive got a horizontal wall of matted glue colas i need to sustain till next weekend

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
try setting them in a shady spot where they only get an hour or two of direct light. harden them off.once a week move them to where they get more sun till they get used to it. one reason i put them out soon as they go in cups.
I put them out again today and they seem to be liking much better. Gonna leave them out as long as they don't wilt then back inside for the night.

Green Squall

I've pulled loads of regular ticks off me over the years, even deer ticks. But I just found a deer nymph tick attached to me. They are almost microscopic. About the size of a poppy seed or smaller.

picture.php

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Yuk! Lime should keep them away from your girls. Also use copper shavings spread around the ground.
We get huge slugs that suck the life outa young plants.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Sluggo for the win. This stuff works great on slugs and snails. Organic and no problem with plant contact.
Diatomaceous earth sprinkled around the base of the plants will kill slugs too.
153472.jpg

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Its been raining here like crazy. 2 wks straight almost. A few of the auto seeedlings dampend off so therefore culled. I took 5 AOG's back home to save them. I CANNOT loose these due to a partner who doesnt know how to fuss over seedlings outside and stake them up until their strong enough to stand on their own, or cover them with clear plastic to keep the rain outa them cups. If you dont have any, let me know. Shoot me a text. Suttin'!

The seedlings all look like shit. The 4x - GG#4 clones are taking off in the 3gln pots.
About a foot tall. Seems healthy. Will take pics of the Glues next time Im over there.
The AOG's were the biggest seedlings and most vigorous. I think 2 died from dampening off. They were laying on their sides with a rotten main stem. Pissed. But happy I saved the rest.

~star~crash~

def crap weather here too..but at least i'm able to tend the seedlings and yes the outside ones are taking a bit of a beating compared to the indoor baby’s(to be expected)

in my case i've so much seed it doesn’t matter what i lose . i can just start more...one of the reasons i got a lot of starts going atm is 'cause i know i'll end up eventually losing the majority due to sexing & selection & bugs and all the other stuff that takes plants away from reaching the goal of harvest...i got a roll of chicken wire 3 x 50 enough to start making cages as some of my seedlings will be going in the ground asap

RoostaPhish

Veteran
DE loses its effectiveness when wet, a great option for slugs is beer. Put a couple partly full cups of stale beer around the garden. They will fill up quick!

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Glad I am not out 100% yet. Plan to be out for good by the end of this coming weekend. Gonna put them out all day and take them in at night for the rain this week. Hopefully this plan works ;)
OGTW : sucks you can't find a reliable partner, if my plot wasn't filled already I would happily let you teach me a few things ;) good luck:)

Dday391

Just found this thread and will be following close. I'm in ma as well and had my cat eat my seedlings so I'll probably just be watching this year. Had planned a old fashioned guerilla style grow but apparently i get another year to scout and plan. Good luck with your crop this year,

Limeygreen

Veteran
You can also use copper to deter slugs they don't like going over it, you can make collars out of copper pipe or thinner copper material to make a barrier as long as it doesn't get covered in soil or anything else you're good.

~star~crash~

pics!

pics!

DE loses its effectiveness when wet, a great option for slugs is beer. Put a couple partly full cups of stale beer around the garden. They will fill up quick!

Glad I am not out 100% yet. Plan to be out for good by the end of this coming weekend. Gonna put them out all day and take them in at night for the rain this week. Hopefully this plan works
OGTW : sucks you can't find a reliable partner, if my plot wasn't filled already I would happily let you teach me a few things good luck

Just found this thread and will be following close. I'm in ma as well and had my cat eat my seedlings so I'll probably just be watching this year. Had planned a old fashioned guerilla style grow but apparently i get another year to scout and plan. Good luck with your crop this year,

You can also use copper to deter slugs they don't like going over it, you can make collars out of copper pipe or thinner copper material to make a barrier as long as it doesn't get covered in soil or anything else you're good.

my outdoor seedlings starts#1 lookin' great!
picture.php

I have 3 tier t5 floro light stand inside..these are more starts:

top shelf

middle shelf

lower shelf

have a great day :) growers

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I'm planning on shutting down the bloom tent in the next two weeks and putting all veg plants outside. They're all in hydro / coco now. Any wisdom on the move?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I'm planning on shutting down the bloom tent in the next two weeks and putting all veg plants outside. They're all in hydro / coco now. Any wisdom on the move?

I'm in coco as well but I had planned to start one in soil if I ever get around to it.

Latest posts

Latest posts