What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
LOL!
I got 3 brand new partners this year. Scary! :fright:

1 partner is tried and true and reliable for the most part.
Just called. Everything is alright. Storm didnt damage the seedlings or clones. :dance013:
Weve worked succesfully together a few times. 8 plants. 4 each.

1 seems to be good to go and is at his house. Thats gonna be the 12 plant max grow. He is good friends with partner 1 so its a 3 way split and we each get 4 plants.

3rd partner is a hoot! A total acid trip to be around. Funny as shit and a wild party girl. Owns a house with husband. Older lady. late 40's. Still does every drug in the book and just loves to go to concerts and party hard. Put most hardcore teenagers or guys in their early 20's to shame. Drink em under the table with the quickness. Kinda chick you'd see on the back of a Harley having a great time. 8 - 10 plants. 50/50 split.

4th unknown semi-partner is again, friends with partner #1.
Ya, I gotta really trust partner#1 since hes involved with 2 other partners that are his friends exclusively. That's why its autos over there. 30 autos that I could care less about. Cant sell em. Dont want to smoke em. Its just an added early harvest if we pull it off.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I never found anybody with backyard space to share and now I have 100 Forum x GG#4's with no place to plant.

thinking about putting up an add for teens on CL.

really sucks because I met a bunch of people at events here who said they wanted to grow but never kept in touch.

any Massholes want to barter some buds for female plants?:biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

~star~crash~

ticks are a bitch...i get them with regularity and had lymes disease in the past...there's all sorts tick borne disease spreading but i refuse to stay out of the woods or what-not

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Already got tagged on the back of my knee. Walking in the beach grass is where I picked it up. Felt it and pulled it out a few hours after it started to dig in so Im not worried about this one. Bastard was literally the size of a pencil dot. I'm at the point where I test positive no matter what. Now all I do is call the doc's office and tell them I got bit and feel lousy and they get me a script, usually amoxicillin or keflex .

~star~crash~

like i said...every day speak of the devil..just felt this crawling up my fore-arm

like i said...every day speak of the devil..just felt this crawling up my fore-arm

picture.php

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
LOL!
I got 3 brand new partners this year. Scary! :fright:

1 partner is tried and true and reliable for the most part.
Just called. Everything is alright. Storm didnt damage the seedlings or clones. :dance013:
Weve worked succesfully together a few times. 8 plants. 4 each.

1 seems to be good to go and is at his house. Thats gonna be the 12 plant max grow. He is good friends with partner 1 so its a 3 way split and we each get 4 plants.

3rd partner is a hoot! A total acid trip to be around. Funny as shit and a wild party girl. Owns a house with husband. Older lady. late 40's. Still does every drug in the book and just loves to go to concerts and party hard. Put most hardcore teenagers or guys in their early 20's to shame. Drink em under the table with the quickness. Kinda chick you'd see on the back of a Harley having a great time. 8 - 10 plants. 50/50 split.

4th unknown semi-partner is again, friends with partner #1.
Ya, I gotta really trust partner#1 since hes involved with 2 other partners that are his friends exclusively. That's why its autos over there. 30 autos that I could care less about. Cant sell em. Dont want to smoke em. Its just an added early harvest if we pull it off.

Yes... all jokes aside, having a partner and especially "partners" is an extremely scary thing.

I have had 2 partners, individually on 2 separate occasions in my 14 years of growing. Personally I have never been ripped. But most of the fellow local growers have all told me stories of how there partner ripped them...

I always used a "test" year. Sort of like an interview, that no one was even aware of. I never showed them or had them work with me at all of my plots. For example I had 8 plots of my own, only I and the birds and the bees and the sycamore trees knew about... My partner at the time knew nothing of these personal grow sites. I was not about to risk my hard seasons work and labor being ripped to pieces and the dangers that come along with it.

Anyway... What I would always do is set up a trail cam on the plots that my partner and I done together, that they were completely unaware of to monitor their activity and in case I got ripped and they try and deny it or tell me that the LEOs ripped it, I could check my cam and see the truth before my own eyes. Never once did they visit my plots without me thankfully...

Now i'm a solo grower, as long as it is still illegal in my state, I will always be a solo grower. Even though I didn't get ripped, I still don't trust having a partner. I prefer keeping my gold mines to myself.

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

Something else I would like to add is that having a partner is kinda complicating on top of all of that ime. It was almost like I had to do more explaining and teaching than growing when the original thought in your mind is to have a partner to speed things up, get more done, double your yearly yields etc, actually turned into a "school time" of teachings more than anything. I realized that no one really knows how to grow marijuana "specifically" and if the time id invested into personal labor instead of having to teach them the entire process of growing, i'd done much better.

Now not saying that I have a problem with teaching people to grow, not at all. But growing is my career, it puts food on my table and clothes on my children's backs. It pays my bills and it keeps me out of trouble. Its not only about that, its so therapeutically soothing and eases my stress and anxiety. It is a peaceful way of life that I disappear into nature and become one with my surroundings. It is an escape from an insane World that we live in today and I prefer doing it on my own...

MountainBudz

I pick anywhere from 2 to 8 ticks off me per day. No matter how much DEET I use, they still seem to get to me. I couldn't imagine what shape i'd be in without it though, much worse I suspect.

The winter was very unusually mild here this year and did not kill the ticks out like it usually does. Might be your case as well.

~star~crash~

ideally a "grow partner" is someone whom can already match you $ for $ in cash capitol...someone whom is your equal in knowledge... someone whom wants to accomplish exactly what you do and has the skills and experience...2 together has the advantage of more security & less of an overall burden...it's easier to share the work of growing and you can potentially grow more...but choose your partners wisely...

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i have never found someone id take on as a partner, i have however tried to help several grown ass men start their own thing. giving them equipment, soil, clones ect ect all in exchange for a few zips come harvest.
the bud i did see was always bunk, like did you toss my clones and grow reggie? badly cured, burnt, ect ect. and those were just the ones that didnt "lose a whole crop" or whatever fucking bullshit.
if you cant manage to keep dirt wet in exchange for quitting your day job, then you deserve to be a wage slave.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Don't use DEET to keep ticks off you! That's some poisonous shit you're rubbing on your skin and clothes..

Buy some very finely powdered sulfur dust, available at most garden stores.

Take an old sock and put about half cup of sulfur in it...

Before you go walking thru the woods or grasslands, lightly beat the sock on your socks, top of your boots and entire pants legs.
You'll see the light coating of sulfur dust on you.

It will keep ticks and chiggers off you better than anything else...