What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2020

dufous

Guerrilla Swamp Tube Grow.
Romulan Harvest this week.
Satori has some time to go yet.

Jake's Romulan
picture.php

Mandala's Satori
picture.php

Max Q

My small deck garden is doing well (ridiculously small grow compared to most on this site.... but it's just for personal).... hoping to let them go till I see some amber, right now trichs are milky no ambers).

Been spraying Monterey Total Disease Control to suppress mold.... every morning the buds are soaking wet from condensation, and its worse of course when there is rain.... so far the Monterey has been mostly effective.

They look pretty rough after a beatdown by evening thunder storms with lots of wind last week.... but they are still limping along.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
How’s your plants Zeez?

There is a weird thing this year where several people have plants that are not ready yet. I'm one. Two weeks more maybe.
It might need some heat at night. Next year - light dep. Get er done early.
One plant, an untried strain, get botrytis. Probably a good strain but not right for this climate.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
First weekend down. Got some 2.0, forum, sour dubb, a few tops of ecsd(doesn't seem ready), a few tops of mac1 ( a little early). Have had to pick through as I have PM on many lowers but tops of plants are pretty good. Next weekend my focus will be SSH. Noticing that the blissfull wizard is a very leafy plant as well as the ECSD, they have tons of frost but not really tight bud. Good luck

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
My wife has a friend who grows locally. Different strains, different location and soil, same problem. Pistils still yellow in the first week of October.

T

TakenByTheSky

I wonder if extreme heat delayed flowering this year or some other environmental factors.

There was some scorching days in August this year. Last year it didn't seem as hot and there was still days the greenhouse hit 110 degrees.

I chose to just run indoor this summer, I switched over to LED mid way and things came out pretty good for a summer grow.

For a side note, did anybody grab original diesel, pure kush or gsc from chunky before he left MA? I've got a few things to trade if anyone is interested, I'm looking to grab any of those cuts mentioned.

You are finding the Satori to be mold resistant in the New England swamps?

I ran satori a few times years ago indoors in the summer due to its exceptional heat tolerance. I had read that it thrives in the high heat low humidity but isnt very mold resistant. If your Satoris aren't vulnerable to the mold I'm definitely going to try running one outdoors in Maine. It's an interesting strain with unique smoke

I wonder if extreme heat delayed flowering this year or some other environmental factors.

I've never had to deal with those temps, but I've heard a rule of thumb that each day with prolonged temperatures over 100f will add a day tongue flowering cycle. I'm not sure if that is leaf temps or root temps. Plants deeply rooted in the earth would be slowed down less than plants in smaller containers either way.

dufous

Mold resistant, of course, is not mold-proof. There's always going to be botyritis. Sometimes the huge colas. It can be heartbreaking. Typically five to ten percent of yield. An acceptable loss to me.

Always seems to appear about two weeks before harvest as the calyxes begin to swell up. Satori is real slow to put on weight, then it all happens in the last two weeks. The spots can be cut out. It doesn't spread or race through the canopy.

Quite a bit of leaf spot this year, which I attribute to the weather. Not seen before in other years. Lost two plants before I figured it out, having thought it was saturated soil or nutrient deficiency. A quick fix with liquid copper fungicide and the survivors have made a full recovery.

I never grew enough Satori, so this year I went all out.

You are finding the Satori to be mold resistant in the New England swamps?

That's great to hear, 10% losses are definitely acceptable for a New England swamfp. The smoke from Satori is really unique, I loved it but not many others I gave it to liked it unfortunately. I wrongly assumed the buds would melt in that humidity. Going to give it a try next season

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
About to get hammered with another wind storm. 50-60 mph winds for the next 24 hours with some downpours :whee: hopefully don't lose too much. Good luck

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
We already lost power a couple times and I can hear that wind out there screaming like a banshee. 50-60mph? I'd believe it!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I got the first three cut yesterday and today. Couple more tomorrow and the rest still nee some time.