What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2019

Just drenched here. Only 62 at noon though, this with the wet air is a mold/fungus factory. Indoor dehumidifiers are just hating life right now.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Oh man, the past12 hours. First wave last night there were two houses hit by lightning, trees down all over. This morning, two tornados and a water spout, wind and rain unbelievable. Had the plan to take the animals to the cellar and thought we were going a couple times. No damage. Chalk one up for the greenhouse.

Edit:

Got all the trimming done with the cool air after the storm. 5 gallon bucket stuffed with all the undergrowth and interior shoots that had to go. Should get good ventilation through the plants now.

Dang. Glad you got through it OK.

When these things come through I look at the bright side. I can play with a chainsaw and free firewood as a bonus.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Getting concerned these plants are going to out grow the greenhouse. They stand about 5.5 feet now and there's about 3.5 feet to go before they hit the top. All different strains, flowers starting on some. Worst case - they finish outside. No crisis. Not flowering, they are getting topped to slow them down.

Any guesses?

picture.php

Guarantee you are going to run out of headroom. A SCROG net might work for a few that are being really tough.

Tip bending might buy you some time, bend till it almost snaps. It will recover in no time, will bush out down below, plant growth won't get stunted like topping.

Or tie down branches to the tubs using twine, and hooks clipped onto the tub lip. That way if you need to move a plant, everything is self contained.

Worst case...Diffuse/block some light coming in. Slows down growth rate a bit, and remove covering when in full flower to get full strength light back.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
There is a 40% shade on there now. Probably is a good time to do some bending and make some knuckles. Maybe get a few more tops out of it.

Good idea.

My test cross surprised me and is outgrowing it's mom. Never saw her do that indoors, mom was always the tougher one to control. Dad added some skunky fuel to the smell, hits you hard soon as you walk into the tent. Have to raise my center height this weekend, but i was kinda expecting this.

Been running these cultivars for years but first time outside for all of them. Final eval to decide if they are keeper genetic stock, so far so good. The sugar haze is showing great bug resistance.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Checking in.
everything chugging along.
A little leaf yellowing so Ive given them some compost tea and things are greening back up.
All plants flowering with the Ninja Fruit being the one that is really outpacing the others.

picture.php

Some Ninja flowers.
picture.php

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Group shot.
picture.php

Gorilla Bubble
picture.php

Bags of Skunks and Oranges.
This one has huge dinner plate fan leaves.
picture.php

Ha, Zeez's story made me spit coffee laughing. That poor guy...

Great gardens, all!!!

Mine are growing well, getting stronger and many have shown sex. I've been VERY lucky the last couple seasons; had two males the first time and ONE last time.
This year? Probably four so far, though it's a little early still. I don't want to cull plants that SEEM like they have staminate until I'm sure they are male. Another couple of weeks.

Got some very healthy females though. My wife and I should end up with around eight.
Fingers crossed, and next year I'm starting a few indoors, cloning and sexing ahead of time.
They'll get a better start, too and they will end up a LOT bigger.
Cheers!

DJXX

Veteran
Beautiful plants man... what size or how many gallon is that pot n the last pic..DJXX

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Beautiful plants man... what size or how many gallon is that pot n the last pic..DJXX

15 Gallons on the one by its self. Others in the GH are 27s. Probably going a little smaller next year. :biggrin:

DJXX

Veteran
Buddy i have already look into the paperwork involved to get a work visa in Canada...i have a job if that cuts off my Social Security...I wont live in a country full of hate..or with a megaphone bully in charge...cant stand his ass or what he is doing to us.....i talked to a guy with three daughters and he is so far up Trumps ass Hannity must move over....now how can anyone with girls support him...sorry i got goin and couldn't stop.....beautiful grow man...lol DJXX

Dankwolf

Probably moving more outdoors soon. Getting tight in there.
View Image
View Image
View Image

Nice garden . its a good thing when they out grow your area :tiphat:.

If you can hook up a big fan to exsahst area and great airflow it would help veep them small. (Lower temp plus airflow moving plants helps keep them small )

Might be able to recess potters in ground to pick up a few feet . or just strait up drop floor of green house down 2.5-3 ft (it would help keep root zone cool ) . that and some crazy training (towered center of hoop,house should pull it off )

Just some,out side,perspective .

What parallel are you at ?