What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2019

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Hey ZeeZ.
I hired some security for the rest of the season.

picture.php

picture.php

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Nice !!! An AK and an over under. They're ready.

Now that the flowers are coming out, it is time to think about security.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Ive got two motion alarms, cameras, motion activated flood lights and even a couple trip wire alarms going in the garden.
The trip wire alarms are pretty slick and they are relatively cheap on Amazon.
Mrs Ahab says it will inevitably be me that sets something off when I forget about them. lol.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Nice! Great growers think alike. Warning is the important first tier. Any security person will explain it as 'Layers' of security.

Countermeasures can range from zap to stunning. There's allot that can be done with an electric fence charger for example. :biggrin:

All the work done to grow it deserves enough to protect it.

Americangrower

Veteran
Nice! Great growers think alike. Warning is the important first tier. Any security person will explain it as 'Layers' of security.

Countermeasures can range from zap to stunning. There's allot that can be done with an electric fence charger for example. :biggrin:

All the work done to grow it deserves enough to protect it.

Like door knob to grow room just saying :)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
There's always low tech.
Trip wire followed by dog crap collection.

That would go big on youtube.

Heh, just went and read the last eight or so pages of this thread, and you guys are all doing well.
Glad to see that!!!

Damn, Zeez.. that's a lot of pollen. Are you gonna freeze some? I've read it doesn't last a long time, but I figure if you're collecting that much of it you have options. Are you crossing stuff while it's fresh? That's all I've ever done, so a limited frame of reference for me.

As for my crosses... they're doing well.

Before that though... though I had been EXTREMELY lucky the last two seasons regarding males, this season I had seven of twelve turn out male.
Sad, but it inspired me to get a veg/clone flower box going this winter.

The idea is to grow a couple of plants, take cuttings, then flower the cuttings to eliminate males. I shold be able to pull it off on the cheap, and because I'm not flowering them "all the way" indoors... smell shouldn't be a huge issue. (Wife, don't you know... it's one of her rules if I grow inside.)

That's for next season though.

I've got two NJs -one is already 8ft tall, has a main stalk that's 1 1/2" thick and is just as hale and hardy as the predecessors. It'll prob finish up by late October as usual.
The other one I had started a couple weeks later, and since I had run out of my soil mix, I put it in some potting soil, (forget which kind, but it was recommended on this site by others in another thread,) and it didn't grow as vigorously as my soil mix, so when the males were culled I moved it to a bigger pot with dat goot soil. It's taken off, but here we are in late Aug and it's JUST showing pistils. Meh, we'll see. Hopefully it starts stacking soon and won't end up as a hash experiment. :)

As for the three Triple Cheese X NJ crosses... I have three distinct phenos in this first generation.
Two have the squat and heavy 3Ch shape and structure, but they don't smell like the 3Ch mother -they smell like the NJ!!! This is exactly what I was hoping for -the stank, dank reek and resin production of the NJ in the heavy yielding 3Ch structure.
One of them looks and acts exactly like the NJ. Tall, smelly and lots of trichomes.

Heh... I found a fucken plant growing in my flower bed near the back porch, too... I had just randomly tossed a handful of seeds off the porch back in May, and was pleasantly surprised that one made it to be 2ft high in a low sun, non-amended soil environment.
It's an NJ, I know that...
Now, I'm hoping it's a male so I can seed a lower branch from each of the 3Ch crosses and make an attempt to snatch the phenos I like and get some F2.

Highly scientific? Not really.
Repeatable? Nope, this happened by chance.

Fun? Yes!!!
Some unknown strain that stinks and has high resin production and hopefully good mold resistance that finishes by October in MA will come out of this, eventually.

I'd love to get my hands on some Grandaddy Purple seeds though... a friend of mine is growing one that he started back in February, and it's a fucken monster right now. three grown men can't connect their arms around it, and it's like 12 ft tall. The main stalk is 3.5" thick! He's not seeding any of it, sadly.

Good growing, everyone.

All your gardens look positively bitchen.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Well that mix of thuricide and hydroguard seemed to help so I will do it again friday. Completed netting which is good as we have heavy rain coming this afternoon/night. Everything is looking pretty good but its definitely nerve racking this time of year. Really hoping to get everything through to harvest this year. Good luck all !!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NENugger

This Purple Satellite by Vermontman is shaping up to be my fav outdoor plant. OAXACAN/NEPALESE PURE SATIVA budding up nicely and may finish EO Sept
picture.php

picture.php

Well that mix of thuricide and hydroguard seemed to help so I will do it again friday. Completed netting which is good as we have heavy rain coming this afternoon/night. Everything is looking pretty good but its definitely nerve racking this time of year. Really hoping to get everything through to harvest this year. Good luck all !!!

Glad she's doing better. Saw a lot of fungus gnat hatch around here recently, was pretty sure you had something like that going on. They just start going nuts once summertime vegetation begins to die off.

Gotta get my final supports up this weekend.

Latest posts

Latest posts