What's new

Massachusetts Grow 2019

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
IM not sure, OG.
I had the same problem with a Sandstorm plant a couple years ago and couldnt figure it out.
I thought maybe overwatered, nope. Under watered? Nope. PH, Nope.
Bugs? nope.
I think it was root rot.
Have you checked for stem rot/canker type stuff on the main branches leading to the funky leaves?

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
IM not sure, OG.
I had the same problem with a Sandstorm plant a couple years ago and couldnt figure it out.
I thought maybe overwatered, nope. Under watered? Nope. PH, Nope.
Bugs? nope.
I think it was root rot.

Yeah thats where I am at. I know its not over watering so I have actually started to water to rule out under watering while at the same time using 6.5 ph water to try to shift ph a little. Thought I would reach out, we will find out 1 way or another :tiphat:
Also beautiful plants you have there :respect:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yes, it went out with the rest but it had an early start indoors.
Its pretty fast indoors too.
58 days and done.
I gave several clones to local growers and they are all having the same or near results.
Wow that's crazy fast. Once I clear up space in my tents I might have to try and acquire some of that! Is the smoke good?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
It's not the strongest smoke in the world but the flavor and aroma make up for it.
Lots of people like it. Great anytime smoke. Very clear but relaxing.
A friend who suffers from some sort of mild epilepsy that causes really strong deja-vu feelings, headaches and anxiety says it works wonders.

Yeah thats where I am at. I know its not over watering so I have actually started to water to rule out under watering while at the same time using 6.5 ph water to try to shift ph a little. Thought I would reach out, we will find out 1 way or another :tiphat:
Also beautiful plants you have there :respect:

Make sure the soil did not re-compact down on you too much due to watering, etc over time. Poking a few deep holes in the root zone using a long rod or dowel will aid aeration and isn't hard to do. Doing a reinoculation or an enzyme application like nitrozyme/hygrozyme should help wipe the slate clean for rooting related issues. Especially if you do it after adding aeration holes, get that stuff way down in there. Get a cheapo test kit and see what your ph is.

Trichs are here on my earliest girl and getting some good size flowers already. She runs < 56 days and is at day 14 or better in. Mold everywhere on my lot, but not my plants, sulfur burns are getting it done. Can only do one or two more burns though. I'll be past 3 weeks into flower and don't want to ruin anything.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Something's eating the roots I'll bet...

You got some monsters again, hope they finish nice.:tiphat:

It seemed a little better today so I watered again and its supposed to rain tomorrow night into thursday so we will see. Not planning to do much as the rest of the garden looks great so just use it to learn. Almost done with the netting and buds are already getting frosty :biggrin: just got to watch closely till mid oct :peacock: good luck Chunky

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
It seemed a little better today so I watered again and its supposed to rain tomorrow night into thursday so we will see. Not planning to do much as the rest of the garden looks great so just use it to learn. Almost done with the netting and buds are already getting frosty ... just got to watch closely till mid oct .... good luck Chunky

luck's a big part, had a storm this weekend that was pretty severe, lightning blew a tree apart close to my patch and a few plants were damaged.

Super Silver Haze needed a bunch of stakes to fix it. it flowered before it went into the ground and you can see half way up when it reverted back to veg growth a few weeks ago.
picture.php

Forum got a bit tossed.
picture.php

inch of rain helped me with the water for a couple days but tomorrow everything in a pot will be thirsty again.

picture.php

I can't keep up with the staking now unless I'm willing to work in the sun.

I'm seeing frost on my early girls too!
Dosidos
picture.php

Headband
picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Something's eating the roots I'll bet...

You got some monsters again, hope they finish nice.:tiphat:

I now agree something is eating the roots as the plant is not getting better and is slightly worse. I don't want to pull it because whatever is eating the roots I don't want to go to the other plants in search of food. Any ideas on a root drench or something or should I just let it be and count it as a loss?

A total reset would be a root drench of peroxide. 1ml/gall of 35% works well but it will literally kill everything. Any concentrations higher than that can be toxic to the plant.

Wanna stay organic try a tea of molasses, mosquito dunks, and hygrozyme/nitrozyme. Aerate well for 24hrs and it should be good to go.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
A total reset would be a root drench of peroxide. 1ml/gall of 35% works well but it will literally kill everything. Any concentrations higher than that can be toxic to the plant.

Wanna stay organic try a tea of molasses, mosquito dunks, and hygrozyme/nitrozyme. Aerate well for 24hrs and it should be good to go.

Thanks for the info. I have thuricide (BT) and hydroguard (works similar to hygrozyme)currently at the house so I will mix 2 gallons of that tomorrow and water it in after I water my fish emulsion in. Will also add this product I got as a sample its called fish shit and is basically the shit of fish. Its supposed to help break down stuff in the soil to allow for better uptake of nutrients. Gonna start watering this mix in every 4 days and hope for improvement. Thanks again for the suggestion No Satisfaction :comfort:

Latest posts

Latest posts