What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Ouch on the lumatek. I'm now glad I spent only about 100 for my ballast bulb and reflector (tore them out of a security light and jerry rigged everything).

my .50 cal box with all the ballast stuff strapped in with metal strapping stuff. Real quiet even with the 12v fan, keeps the core barely lukewarm.
10418IMG_0896.JPG

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice DIY, Deft! :D:yes:
New one on the way, old one back to the shop. No messin' around.

Nice one on the Red-Eyed Bride, heavy dank nugg. I just noticed you had a thread up over @ DJ's forum, gotta check it out.
I have a mutant F13 male that seems sterile. He's hovering over 9 Apollo gals in early flower. If one speck of mutant pollen falls, the odds are good. :wink:

It's a little late for that w/ this girl :D
picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
HL, On the lumatek there, ive seen a galaxy 600, an some other generic 600's from hid hut before. my buddys where @ 120v.

It alway seems the 120v's always fail early. Atleast his did. And the fans got noisy. 220 seems the way in my eye, less work for the ballast.

But, My 5 lumateks 600's, 220v, i had only one fail in 3yrs. it was after a double strike to the ballast. They where all on, powered off, on, off, then powered back on in a .5 seconds of the first power off. 1 ballast blew the fuse & then shattered and ejected the fuse holder in a great big spark explosion. whoahhh, someone put some magnesium in the fuse i wondered. i was right there. Unfortunately i was the the one who tripped the off then back on of the timer that controlled the ballasts. By accident. manual override of the timer.

but, 4 yrs on one 120v 600watt silver lumatek that i gave to a friend, 3 yrs on 5 blue 220v lumatek with that one blow out. then that one blue replaced by the newer purple ballast and all r still kicking.

My other buddy has sent 2 generics back in less then a year.

Fresh bulbs, same hoods, a lumatek, a galaxy, then a no name hid hut, all 600w @120v. The lumatek was brighter burning by far. started slower and ran quiter. Then some of the generics had a potentiometer to lower the output to the bulb, what i said?? why?

Anycase, im not a lumatek rep, just saying what i experienced and witnessed. Every situations different. Wish u well. Lumateks seem the way if u wanna stay with digital ballasts. from what i seen. Whatever that may mean.

B-safe

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gmanwho, thx for the info. I looked @ that Galaxy, but in the end, just picked up another Lumatek. BGH had the latest 600, which goes both 120/240, for $190. :yes:
I like how they don't use fans and customer service is decent.
Had to move on it w/ the F13's in the home stretch! :D

Deft

Veteran
You guys think the digital ballasts put more out of the same bulb? Seems like a hassle if they break and are expensive compared to core and coil ballasts.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definitely brighter and more efficient.

It does suck that it went down and I had to return it. Have to wait to see when I get it back, but customer service seems cool. Lucky I had backup, and I look at it as serendipitous, as I had wanted to add another 600w ballast, as I have an extra cooltube/bulb that I'd like to run vertically in the future.
My old 20 yr old ballast is a dual unit - 400w MH/ 400w HS. The MH died a few yrs back, but the sodium is still kickin' it! :D
I should gut it and replace everything. Been thinking that a while tho. :rolleyes:
Y'all have a great weekend! Go UConn!

Rudedewd

Good early morning peoples. Beautiful weather in Mass today. I feel asleep early so I'm up doing a pre wake and bake. Lisa Lampennilli (sp) is on the comedy channel, she is too much, kinda like Don Rickles on estrogen.

My chemdog d seedlings never made it but all is good, I just started some Tres Dog and Star Dog and I have a couple more dogs in the kennel waiting their turn. I'm only growing a couple dogs at a time though as they tend to be on the funky side and I'm being careful as far as odor is concerned. I have a couple White Widow babies just popping as well, another new strain for me.

I'm doing a mini perpetual from seeds, I plan on switching over to clones after I finish refreshing my bean collection but it's going to be hard to settle on four strains or so to grow moms from. I start a few seeds every week so I've just been brousing my bean collection and growing out whatever looks interesting and I try to make a few new seeds of each strain and then I use the leftover pollen to cross with whatever else I have growing and make a few beans of that as well that way I not only replicate the original strain but I get new crosses to try. I want to switch over to clones but it's hard making that leap when there are still new crosses to try. That is the addiction from growing from seeds, every seed is a mystery and THE perfect plant might be from the next bean. With clones even though they might be from great lines the mystery is over before the plant even buds. Of course growing from seeds you might get a few plants that aren't up to snuff but the good ones more than make up for them. Yield wise clones have it going on though, you know the plant so you know just how to get the most out of it. Who knows, I might just end up sticking to growing from seeds just for the thrill of the ride. It is nice getting the most out of your space though, especially if your space is as limited as mine is. Oh well, I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it.

My bowl is done and I think that I am too. Enjoy today peoples, it's supposed to be beautiful again here tomorrow, I hope the same for the rest of you people.

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a day....feeeeeeeeels real nice to start shaking off those winter blues. Every year I say it will be my last winter here...Prolly say it next year too.

Sounds like a lotta fun yer having there RudeDewd, crack away bro! I'm a seed fiend myself =)...Hopefully you find The One someday...

PEACE.

Rapscalion

Rudedewd! Hey! Nice to see you online, I just came back today....

Once i get pms Ill hit you up... Im curious what they had to say about your stank ass chems! Did you get a fine?

Mass/RI Rep

Deft

Veteran
Things are starting to bud outside! I think I'll take a walk in the woods with my new seed collection, my GPS, and a fat ass J.

L

Lilly456

^^My sentiments exactly...you need a spot to bury that treasure chest!!! Have fun, Chaco.:joint::joint:

gmanwho

Veteran
Dreamgoddess

Dreamgoddess

Pretty excited about my new addition, dreamgoddess from MOD. Super sticky,compact and frosty. Smell reminds me of a fresh carpet in bloom. The early smoke tasted lightly spiced, with chocolate middle and after taste. Different from what im used to.

Beautiful plant, compact and bushy. Leaves taco from the trichs.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope thats not an overload of pics, she's a beauty thou.

Come on spring........

B-safe

L

Lune TNS

Looks good Gman... Many moons back I actually grew those same seeds, even got a pheno that looked remarkably similar to what you're working with there... had a heavy musky spicy purfume scent that used to give me a headache if I smelled it for too long... kinda like going in a yankee candle or something... knocked me on my ass every time... enjoy it homie...

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uh, not me, too far away. What are we protesting? I'm in a rural vacuum... and I'm a stoner :redface:

gmanwho, looking dank-a-licous! :D

New page, new pic!

F13
picture.php