What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

gmanwho

Veteran
Lune ..HL thanks , i enjoyed watching her grow. Lune, i had these seeds from an 06 sb order. Still have another 5 if i wanna try to find another. she'll do for now atleast. Gotta see how the clones play out.

What was the protest about?

B-safe

Rudedewd

Good morning tri-state thc lovers. Rap, pretty much all that happened to me when I got popped was that I lost all my equipment, weed and my moms. I did have my case continued for a year without a finding and then it was dismissed last september. As far as fines and whatnot I didn't even get hit with court costs or hire a lawyer so I was very lucky in that respect. I knew the night I got busted that I was only going to be charged with misdeameanor possesion so I didn't even hire a lawyer as except for a dui in 1978 I had no record so I didn't think they would screw me too bad and I knew a lawyer would cost me at least a grand. The cool thing was that I was expecting drug tests and some sort of classes to attend but none of that happened. I never went in front of a judge only the magistrate and I told her how long I've been smoking pot and what not and I guess she figured that if I've smoked pot for over 40 years than chances are I'm not going to quit now. As far as the smell of my grow, one cop said he never smelled anything like it but the lead detective said he thought it wasn't so bad and he was the one who decided the charges. They could have easily charged me with distribution as I had about a qp cut into dimes plus a couple ozs but really I don't have any money or property that they could take so I think their decision was a financial one, Now if I had like ten grand or something in a drawer you can bet that the charge would have been different as it was I had about $16 to my name and they never even checked. They were nice enough to overlook my bean collection in the fridge as well, lol.

Kushberry 3.5 weeks in

DSC01833.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

H

herbal essences

The protest was about:

BOSTON —

Scott Brown's dinner fundraiser at a fancy Boston restaurant included half a dozen uninvited guests: protesters angered by the state senator's legislation to increase the fine of marijuana possession.

The demonstration was led by board members of the Massachusetts Cannabis Reform Coalition, an advocacy group that campaigned for November's successful ballot referendum which decriminalized the possession of small amounts of pot.

"We are not here to rub into people's face that we smoke pot," said Scott Gacek, one of 11 coalition board members. "There are many activists in MassCann who do not even smoke marijuana."

Gacek said the point of the demonstration was to let those attending the Wrentham Republican's fundraiser that Brown's legislation ignores the will of 65 percent of voters.

"There were half a million more votes in favor of decriminalization of marijuana than what Barack Obama received here in Massachusetts," Gacek said. "Anytime you have a 65 percent or 55 percent win, that is considered a huge victory in politics. In this case, two-thirds of voters said yes."

Brown's only comment as he entered Mistral, a tiny restaurant in Boston's South End, was that he was unaware protesters were gathering outside the spot.

While political donors dined inside, Bill Downing, director of the marijuana coalition, handed sheets to passersby showing the voter turnout on Question 2 in each of the towns in Brown's district.

The handout had a picture of the senator depicted as Italian dictator Benito Mussolini. The idea, Downing said, was to show how "Brown, too, is trying to overcome the will of his constituents as did this fascist leader."

Milford and Medway have passed bylaw changes for added penalties for smoking pot in public, and Bellingham residents will vote on it at a special Town Meeting on May 27.

Methuen also proposed a bylaw that would introduce additional fines to those found with marijuana in public areas, such as parks, playgrounds and schools. Gacek said that after several discussions with Methuen Mayor William M. Manzi, the mayor altered his original $300 fine proposal to a $100 fine and raised an alcohol law to fit the same criteria.

"Essentially, he was truly bringing them both in line," Gacek said. "But, Brown's legislation applies to all of Massachusetts, not just an individual town."

Gacek said Brown's legislation aims to bring marijuana possession in line with the state law prohibiting an open alcohol container in a vehicle. Gacek said this is unreasonable since marijuana is not sold in sealed containers as is alcohol.

"Also, about two-thirds of all marijuana arrests occur during motor vehicle stops," Gacek said. "Very rarely do people get caught for possessing marijuana in the streets."

gmanwho

Veteran
HB. interesting read. There are so many catches to these new rules. That is amazing on the obama vs decrim votes, i heard that before, and still amazes me more people in mass voted for decrim vs voted for obama in the election. Shows how strong people feel. Which is good in my eyes. DECRIM EVERYWHERE.

Im not sure you wanna see a bunch of drunks in a park or school area, non the less a bunch of people smoking carelessly in front of minors in the same area either???

I see there point on driving around sipping on alcohol ,or to driving around puffing on a bowl of some dank. Both should be respected enough not to mix with driving, within reason.

Maybe its a way of getting the laws in place if people begin to abuse the law, specifically when driving. Showing that one, you were high, but 2, you were reckless enough to drive around puffing away as if you didnt care and didnt believe it wouldn't impair you ability to drive? . U cant just go driving around all boned up. Not sure where im going with that....

Seems to me the are trying to keep it legal, but illegal when you are irresponsible about it.

One thought i also had was, so say u get a fine for having pot on you in mass, but then you can u still get arrested for having a pipe on you? Was wondering this. Arrested for the pipe but fined for the herb. Doesnt make sense.

Politics are brutal. Wish i could stay away from them all together. But as i get older it seems almost near impossible to keep silent.

B-safe

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had the same question about paraphenalia (sp)...In NH you can walk into a store and buy a bong, no problem...If you get caught with herb yer getting arrested...In Mass you get a baby fine for having herb, but you get arrested if you have a pipe...Backwards.

Was searching General Hydro's website for locations to buy and saw a store in Billerica listed. Greenlife Garden Supply is the name. A web search came up with:
http://www.greenlifegardensupply.com/
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/for/1086336274.html

Seems like there is a new store to check out. If anyone stops in let us know what you think.

hey i stopped in there a bit ago all i have to say is very friendly owner/operator he is there seven days a week (what he said) and the prices are right around worms way prices no harvest moon ripoff prices he also said he can order anything and have it in 24hours sounds like a winner to me also ocean forest and happyfrog soil 19.99 a bag not bad

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats to all the CT'ers out there!...Best option is still NOT getting caught at all...

Went to smoke a bowl last night and found this thing stuck to my lighter!!!
picture.php

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing:
"Don't turn your back on her!"
Unless they turn pink, your not gonna get more phallic buds than that! :biglaugh:

I was pretty ripped by the news last nite, but the boston station I was watching had some pot protest in New Haven? Hartford?
There weren't too many peeps in attendence, but cool they made news of it in Ma. They also showed the stock "indoor grow" and "smoldering joint" shots, lol!

gmanwho

Veteran
MP, if you were able to look up "donkey dick" in the dictionary, that picture would be right next to the definition. Well there is an urban dictionary. Maybe we could enter it there.

what strain is that btw?

Looking great. B-safe

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That there is MakoHaze x (SourDxChemDD)
She doesn't really have a name...I don't know if she's a keeper yet.
I do know 2 things that I love about her...She yeilds crazy and she is herm free...The MH, SD both have the tendency to herm when not treated correctly, so their offspring can be sensitive also. 2 of the 4 (both of which were Sour/Chem phenos) spit nanners after a 10 day flush...They won't stick around. I hope this gal smokes proper, cuz I could see her hanging out for a bit....Thanks, sorry for the ramble, I'm faded.

L

Lilly456

It's much easier to put this shit up than tear it down.Here's my last plant, hopefully she finishes by the 20th.3 weeks and Chaco is gonna be an east coast memory, oh well start over.I have 2 tops like this but my right arm which is no good can't hold a camera too well..
picture.php

U

UBER21

My god that loooooks soooo tasty chaco ^^^^^ Mp as well donkey dick colas up in here....lol...must spread around b4 giving it to chaco and MP again :)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OMG, Chaco, is that La Nina? :yoinks: What you got her pumped up on?!? SUPERB!!! :yes:

Sorry to hear you're leaving our neck of the woods, I know where you are, like where I am, can grind on ya, so I can understand you're wanting to return west.
Best wishes, HL

L

Lilly456

Here's another La Nina I had growing under the big one,It's 100 days today so I cut it, besides I've been flushing for a couple weeks, I just grabbed 1 bud taking too many pics is a guarantee of blurry pics.
picture.php

L

Lune TNS

Good luck where ever yer headed, chaco... 100 days in ? Dayum that must be some great smoke... awesome nugs dude.... :joint:

L

Lilly456

Shit I hope it smokes good, it took long enough.No need to worry about me I think I know where I'm going!!! These older longer flowering la nina's have no real haze smell, just kinda greasy diesely stuff. Good day all, Chaco.:joint::joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts