What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

everythings looking good. glad to see all of these new england growers take pride in their plants. cant wait till i finsih college and buy a house so i can grow instead of pay 400+ an ounce

bagseed, or gifted seed blues

bagseed, or gifted seed blues

I hate to be a big bringdown, and I really hope in this case it does not apply,
BUT
If you are willing to waste several months on seeds that may give you who knows what......why are you growing bud? PLease save some money and get some decent seeds. I have been burnt on seeds that I was told were AK 47, or any one of a slew of supposed Neville's or Silver Haze......My motto now is, if I don't buy em' I don't try em'. When I was young, dumb, and had 0 dinero I used to grow bagseed from great Bud. 1 in 15 was smokeable, let alone good. I have also invested a few months in plants that look great like yours only to produce meager, runny, low potency buds that dissapoint. Get on the ball and get a few packs of something solid so you can clone a big, bad, momma of top notch bud. I suggest a serious or sensi strain that is not real hard to grow, like Bubble Gum, White russian or Big Bud if you are a real novice. :rasta:

the 45 king

thetokemaster said:
I hate to be a big bringdown, and I really hope in this case it does not apply,
BUT
If you are willing to waste several months on seeds that may give you who knows what......why are you growing bud? PLease save some money and get some decent seeds. I have been burnt on seeds that I was told were AK 47, or any one of a slew of supposed Neville's or Silver Haze......My motto now is, if I don't buy em' I don't try em'. When I was young, dumb, and had 0 dinero I used to grow bagseed from great Bud. 1 in 15 was smokeable, let alone good. I have also invested a few months in plants that look great like yours only to produce meager, runny, low potency buds that dissapoint. Get on the ball and get a few packs of something solid so you can clone a big, bad, momma of top notch bud. I suggest a serious or sensi strain that is not real hard to grow, like Bubble Gum, White russian or Big Bud if you are a real novice. :rasta:
I still have some old bagseed that I still grow, it was my first grow and i'm glad I made seeds from that batch. The potency is not like the c99 f2's I usually grow but it's definitely some good smoke

{Lotus}

Well I know what the bagseed came from that's why I'm growing it..
My last bagseed run I couldn't produce enough of it..everyone LOVED it.
I mean I could still pull something that wasn't worth the time,but I just like growing..Doesn't matter to me,plus this is the first time I have ever tried Lst.
I have some worthy seeds on hand though..From JLP's offerings to Jaws..
Have the first batch of SDOG that was sent out..I can't wait to try them.
Mississippi Mud is patiently waiting also..

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, you can grow GREAT bud from bagseed, especially if there are really good buds in your bag, LOL. What I'm saying is, don't rely on it growing out the way it was in the bag. It could have been crossed in the growroom with who knows what, and the least desirable traits of both parents could be what you end up with. You could also get some really great traits, just pointing out the risk involved.

{Lotus}

yeah most definitely,I agree with you..I'm on the hunt for that next clone only lol
That's the best part of messing around with bagseed every once in a while..could find a gem..Has its pros and cons

thatguy

BTW, guys, there's a store in Brookfield, on rt 9 called green path. Guy's willing to haggle on prices, has a decent stock, and will order anything you want.

Real nice dude, knows his shit, I'd say. Seems to be the owner, and the only person working there.

If you don't know where brookfield is, it's about halfway between springfield and worcester, just north of the end of I84.

Gotta agree with you, Lotus. Had a bagseed plant that tasted almost like mountain dew, was VERY sativa, and finished in 7 weeks. Unfortunately, my dumb ass had it OD in a container, and I never brought it ID to reveg it, so it's gone forever :badday:

But you live and learn! Bagseed isn't for everyone, though. I'm done looking for gems in piles of garbage (did I mention I got that plant out of a bag of middies?), so I'm all about genetics now. But I've also seen others with some amazing plants out of bagseed from others as well, so there's some merit to giving it a shot!

All the best,
TG

PS- Where the hell did all the regulars go???

Rudedewd

Masshole here. Hey, Liquid Sun in Holyoke is a nice lil store and the dude who runs it (Tom) is a good guy who is very helpful.

Bagseed can be good the only real problem is that it's a total mystery which can be a good thing or a bad thing, lol. You don't know until you grow it how long it'll take, how big it'll get or even how good it'll be but it's possible to be pleasantly surprised in all areas, some of the best clone onlys were started from bagseed. I'm a fan of cheap store bought beans though, alot of good deals out there for only a little money. One of the best deals that I've gotten was a Subcool Fiesta Mix for $20 and I had a mom of both astroboy and conquistador out of. I also had f2s of Northernberry, SSH and Bubblegum that I paid $30 or less a pack for. Now I just keep busy growing out crosses that I've made, everytime I grow from seed I keep a dude and dust a few buds. This crop Panama Red x (Strawberry Diesel x Doubledog) was the daddy.

InPotiTrust

thatguy said:
PS- Where the hell did all the regulars go???

We're in a cave with 2 lime stones and this strange plant trying to get a light :laughing: :muahaha:

Nice bush u have there {Lotus}

zlock I'm also a micro grower doing perpetual SOG so if u need any help drop a line.

Your room looks very healthy kirkland212 keep doing wat u do bro.

Highlighter I got the Apollo 11 G cut in flower right now and since it's your favorite i would like to hear your thoughts on taste and high.

thatguy

Shit, IPiT, why didn't you just ask for my lighter?

Yeah, Rude, just like bagseed you can get some gems from f2's. Still, when talking about cheap beans, it's worth mentioning that some breeders sell relatively cheap feminized seeds. I've gotten 5 packs of some great stuff for around 40 bucks.

All the best,
TG

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola IPiT! :wave:
Nice one on the Apollo! She's not the most potent smoke around, but I find the quality of the high superb. When the Bros. Grimm discribed it as CLEAR, they weren't kidding! Just great daytime, social weed. You can smoke up all day and not feel played out.
I hope you're seeing the zigzagging between nodes, which comes from the Genius side. Very branchy, but they are weak and need supporting. This is as good of a strain for scrogging as I've found.
In flower, she can smell EXACTLY like Juicy Fruit gum, really nice, and only stinks when touched. She drys to the lemon taste she's known for.

Here's an old shot @ day 49

Mine are getting flipped sunday. Have 10 A11's, 5 confirmed girls, and 7 Apollo Trip's, 5 girls, 2 males. I'm totally stoked! :woohoo:

Hope y'all have a great T-day! Remember to smoke up for desert! :muahaha:

Last edited:

zlock

InPotITrust - Thanks! I guess I've got a question for ya then... If you were to be looking to purchase ~ 100 dollars in seeds (to hopefully keep you busy for a fairly long time before wanting to order some new ones), for a micro SOG, what would your picks be? (This discussion is open to everyone else too)
I want a good variety of indicas and sativas, and as I am growing just for myself, I don't really need something thats gonna give me TONS of bud, I'd rather get a few moms going of some nice, tasty, quality seeds that aren't too difficult to grow, and are well suited for a micro SOG
Thanks guys!

Keger

Hey hows everyone doing? Found the thread, thought id join in. Showing pics from this season, all bag seeds. Bout to start a grow of DSD inside, been a while since first indoor grow. Also getting ready for this up coming out door season in mass. Peace.

thatguy

Not bad, keger! Looks like those pics were taken before fucking TS hanna turned everything to mold, huh?

Best of luck to you, hope to see you around more!

All the best,
TG

Keger

Yes that was early. Which was hanna? the first or second TS? The first one that hit was real early, she took out two plants due to a extremely flooded small stream. The second i picked a bush real early, due to being scared about coming up empty handed after losing the first two. The one with the real purple pistils made it through all the mold, but suffered damages done by slugs.

My first indoor grow, bout a year and half ago:

thatguy

High there, HL :wave: Don't know how I neglected to say hello to you!!!

Yeah, keger, TS hanna was the one around the 5th of Sept. The second was about a month later.

I didn't get hit too hard by the second one, as I didn't have anything quite as ready as I did i Sept. Had quite a few early finishers this year.

Those pics look damn good for a 1st grow!

All the best,
TG

Keger

Hi, HL. Like i said that was my first indoor grow, did that about a year and a half ago. Looking at purchasing some seeds so i can get a good winter grow in. Also looking to pick up some seeds for the this up coming year outdoor. Both those grows were bag seeds. What you guys grow around here for outdoor? Looking at Double Strawberry Diesel for my indoor this winter, not sure yet though.