What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

S

Slip Kid

I used to wait until about the last day of May where I live.There always seems to be a big NW blow at the end of the month and the plants can be smashed by falling limbs with the leaves on.Inland I'd guess people start out earlier, maybe the begining of May.What I started doing before I stopped growing outdoors was to grow the plants 24/7 until the 22nd of June then the days go shorter from there.The plants would be big when they went out but the weather danger was less.Guerilla style you could have them in a lean to with a clear plastic cover and wait until the weather was right to put them out.Out here in the east I've only grown in my backyard so the bigger plants esp cuts would be easy to put out.A good cut with some nice veg time goes out real well on the 22nd of June.Then you know what you have and they go like hell until early Aug then start to flower.ECSD finishes about Oct 30th or so.Hope this might help some.I've done quite a bit of outdoors in my time.Out west the last freeze would be june 15th so the plants went out on the 22nd, big ones, say 3 ft tall or so.:tiphat:

J.A.G.

ICMag Donor
last week is when mine went out, though they had been getting acclimated on my porch during the day, for the past few weeks.
Slip is def right about the harsh late-spring weather, sometimes in NE it seems like the old saying "April showers bring May flowers" is delayed by about a month.
Stay safe:)

B

BasementGrower

thanks guys.. ya ive been cloning rediculously lol.. hoping to only take the best of the best out. so we shall see.. mite put some out earlier and later see what does best..

gmanwho

Veteran
for southern new england this saturday night is supposed to be in the 20's. hope they make it jag if your arround this way

bsafe

If their from seed then mid-may .... Clones go out memorial weekend ...... Veg em at 16/8 ....... Go out on my deck from 7am-7pm then inside under a couple cfls for another 4hrs then I put em to bed till 7am again

Veg outdoors went quick when I was in dirt .... Interested to see what the sun can do w their feet in coco

J.A.G.

ICMag Donor
for southern new england this saturday night is supposed to be in the 20's. hope they make it jag if your arround this way

bsafe
Just saw that, thanks. Hope my babies and the (editedoutbecauseIrealizedtheyexposeme:biggrin:)'s make it.

Seems like the last kid is caught...

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Saw that NE I didn't think it passed the Senate?

idk about anyone else but it's like 65 degrees here right now!

Last edited by a moderator:

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
@ Rob547: you might be right man. I read that baked out last night will have to reread it.

bFiVQaF.jpg

EMH2ldi.jpg

96WRbmX.jpg

Day 19
zyuocTr.jpg

Happy 420!!! Anyone doing something special?

Usually I'd go into da bean but .... Not this year .... stuck at work till 6 then back home to chill w my girl and spark up a nice fat blunt of chiesel ..... Fire!

Tyga

Veteran
^Feel your pain homie....close to the bean but stuck at work. Small plans after but no quality flowers to burn... I knew I should have stashed some ECSD... Oh well! Have fun guys&stay safe..

S

Slip Kid

It's nice we have our own holiday.In a few hundred yrs when the story distorts from generation to generation it may be a day off for everybody:)...as it should be! Banks closed, no post office, the whole thing!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
NEGROWER: Those ladies are packing some nice little buds by Day 19, and the Mob Boss by Day 9-whats your secret? Thanks, happy 420 to you and everyone else!!

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
@ Bobbo: My secret is LOVE. I treat all my ladies the same and let them know that papa is proud they are growing up to be some classy ladies.