What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

To all you skunk heads .....

Anyone around here got MSS or RKS?

She's my holy Grail and nobody seems to have her .... Unless they are hoarding her GREATNESS for themselves .... Selfish bastards ;) can't blame ya as I'd do the same ....... My precious ;) lol

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
GG, never had the RKS before but was able to try the MSS, I have to be honest I wasn't very impressed with her buds. I've heard people claim genetic drifting which I think is possible, plus I think at this point I'd only like to pollinate the with the MSS and not much else. If I were you I'd hunt down that RKS instead, nothing beats a killer bag of some skunky ass weed.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I've never come across anything specifically labeled "RKS". There have been a variety of skunky buds over the years but more often it's been kind of a surprise to come across.

Some of the skunkiest smelling stuff I've had was really noticeable after the bud had been smoked, not so much in the bag. Not always but it's happened enough that I've noticed it.

One kind was so bad, I'll never forget this... my roommate at the time didn't smoke and a couple of us were hanging out in the living room smoking and he comes tip toeing into the room and in sort of a whisper-hiss says to us...

"I think there's a skunk in the house!!"

We start roaring with laughter and tell him it's just the weed. But he isn't convinced. He smells skunk in the back of the apartment completely opposite of where we'd been smoking.

After a minute of trying to convince him there's no skunk in the house I agree to go with him to look in the spare room.

Sure enough, no skunk.

The best part, though, is the look on his face upon realizing there really is no skunk. It's just the bud. He looks at me with this weird face, a mixture of despair, disgust and bewilderment.

"What the fuck are you guys smoking?"

Nothing will ever top the night at the bar, though. That's a story for another day when I have two hands to type with.

Thats very interesting to her about MSS Otto.... Id like to get my hands on her if just to test her/cross her to my Sensi Skunk#1 beans that were first grabbed in '87 (no selections made just open pollinations) so the genetic diversity and potential is there to find THAT stinker....If she aint what I need I have no problem sending her to the corner to turn tricks ;) Rumor has it that the RKS pheno was found in Sensi stock from the late 80s ... And these seeds were acquired before the dutch selected for the sweet skunk.

If I cant find RKS Ill do my best to replicate her ..... Im thinking my best bet after an open pollination of Skunk#1 is to cross the stinkiest male to ECSD, Daywrecker and Acapulco Gold IBL(gifted from same grower) ...... And just keep playing with those lines till I find that 1 of 1000 females ...... Keep crossing back to a stinky Skunk#1 female.

Yo RAS that shit is hilarious!! But I can understand his confusion ..... When its that strong of a smell and stinks that bad its easy to think its a skunk ..... I got a skunk that sprays near a grow site ... I love walking in and it smells like fresh flowers growing ... But Ill get lost if it smells of acrid skunk funk .........
I actually had a baby skunk run into my house and I didn't know it for a bit lol ..... And the worst part is it walked passed me but I was playing COD so obviously I didn't notice it lol ...... I then noticed it just sitting on the stairs watching me .... Cute but creepy as fuck when they just watch you ....... I had to go outside and around the house so I as at the top of the stairs and using a cardboard box (flat) I blocked it from coming up and slowly forced it down the stairs nd out the door without having it spray ... Not sure if they can spray that young (12" long) but if they can it didn't.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and some monsters in Veg.. they've been waiting for the new setup for months!
picture.php

S

Slip Kid

Where's my #9??:) Oh boy, one year I had a whole family of skunks move in under my house and my shop.I was out there everynight laying down some flour so I could see when they left then block the hole.Somehow they kept coming.A momma and maybe 7 or 8 babies.I chased them with a garden hose from underneath the house.They, of course , sprayed the hell out of the place but never came back.Then the big dog started killing them and I had real RKS in my life for almost a year.I prefer the smell of "our skunks".:)

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
CDM, that louie x fire sounds killer man, let me know how you like her. Everything is looking great can't wait to see ya cranking out the new room in a couple months.

Slip, the skunks kept coming back cause they felt right at home with all the skunk weed you grow dude, quit growing so much stank weed! Speaking of dogs, my parents dog who is really not a nice dog has caught several possums that try to live under a little side garage, he snaps their neck and chew's on their heads until someone notices, not a fun site either. My mother has called me a couple times to clean it up because she didn't want to get near the dog and possum head, she thought cujo would bite her next.

Got a couple chem d's 2 weeks or so into flowering, been a while since I've used the smaller pots and went for the single cola style plants. I just love this plant more and more every time i grow her she just puts a smile on my face.
picture.php

Here are a couple of the nl5/hazeXGG plants, the one on the right is just like the goat, I swear it has only streched about 3'' since I started flowering, this plant is probably my favorite of the seeds popped so far. The girl on the left I just took a pic of because she is the polar opposite of the goat, last time I popped the goat crosses I didn't find anything that stretched like this one, so it'll be interesting to she how the nugs come out.
picture.php

Here is the #1, the plant that just keeps on giving...
picture.php

S

Slip Kid

I have 2 D's a bit smaller than those ready to flower.I've started to dial her in pretty well and those small ones sem to go the best, in a nice well lit corner.I have a jar from 2 months back, lightly seeded with Topanga herm pollen.The most beautifull seeds.I throw them into a container to dry as I smoke the buds.Too powerfull for me in the morning though, I've been doing some bubble hash and Casey Jones tid bits.Otto, I'm hoping to do a run of those Goat X's this summer.The closer summer becomes the less ready I am to close up and rebuild.The garden is so nice to walk into and actually have the space to walk...but I need more plants.Some of these sour BX plants are going to my head.The stink really came through with this group.Day 59 today.:woohoo:

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
What are u thinking for the new design Slip? U tearing down walls or just remodeling the rooms?

OTTO - looks dank my brother. Looks dank. Oh ya, I bet that tile floor is nice for cleaning!

S

Slip Kid

I WANT to tear down the walls and have one big room, all vert 600's and the odd 1000 and 400.Roughly 6-8k flower and 10, 4ft T5's and a vert 600 for veg then my little cutting box.Things are complicating already.I just put a GIANT G-13 into the flower room.It was a trick that took some stretch pants and some yoga moves to do but she's in.I'm planning on seeding her with some Mullum/Super 5 pollen I have fresh from the Australian fall.I already have hit my Nevilles cut with the same dust and it took.This G-13 is supposed to be one of the highest THC tested plants in the country.G-man knows all about it.There's some lab that keeps records and this cut is in the top 25 for THC content, something like that!!:)Over 60 days of veg from a 12" plant she's now almost 2ft tall and 4ft wide.I'm going out to prep the ceiling with a bunch of hooks.

Lmao Otto .... That does sound a bit nasty .... Hope the pup is up on his shots ...... Never know what them possums are carrying .... We had 1 under the shed .... My pit seen it late at night and went through our deck railing and jumped off the 5' deck after it .... This one was smart and just ran out under the fence .... Must have know death was coming swiftly lol

Nice set-up CDM ... them girls is thick ..... Just how I like em lol

Slip bro ... Just shut her down for the summer ..... Just make sure ya got enough flowers to last ..... I'm sure afterwards you'll be much happier w the place. Done w your spring cleaning already?!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Yeah slip, I am with the other guys, do your self the favor and get the clean out done, it'll only make your garden that much better and put your brain to rest about how you want to currently change so many little things. This way you won't have to worry about another clean out for years. Can't wait to see that g-13 in action sounds pretty serious.

CDM, I actually have a tarp down where the plants are, when I finally get my set up to where I want it, just gonna use big saucers with 10gal smart pots. Shop vac out the run-off, nice and easy for a lazy kid like myself.

GG, the pooch is up to date on his shots and he is a pit too, he is a chill dog for the most part but he has a few screw's loose, kinda like my old man, so its fitting.

whats up with the bomb or explosion at the Boston marathon?

gmanwho

Veteran
hey slip good to hear the g13 is kicking over there. just wanted to clear some of that statement about her. wasnt top 25 in country thats for sure..... but what i can say is i had her tested at know your grow this winter an she was 21.06%thc considering at the time i looked through there records of like 2200 entries at the time in the flower category. 24.something % was the highest thc in the flower category. thou there where a good amount of entries testing 21 -22% , 24.?% was the highest. so it may fall within the top 40 there. on there site i do not know how to make the entry viewable to the public. id 2272

whatever it is i am lucky to have it gifted to me. im thinking i will not bring her past 60days in future runs. some of the dead leafs from a flush can start to mold. i hate knowing in the back of my head it could mold.

bsafe

Last edited:
My thoughts are with those whom have been injured and the families who have lost loved ones to senseless violence .... I hope all my grow bros and their families are ok.

Nice Otto ... I love pits ... .... Yeah does seem fitting as they are very perceptive to their owners ..... Got any pics .... I understand if ya don't show pics on here though ..... Ras said ya got some great females ..... I got a few pics of my boy in my albums .... He's 18mos old and 92# .... He's pure pit w ghost brindle ... No papers though ...... We want to get him papered but not sure if it'll happen

S

Slip Kid

Yeah, you guys are right.However I have this pollen and I went through a bunch of trouble to grow this G-13 soo big.It doesn't look like much in this photo but it's huge.Since she doesn't stretch much I can place her in a secluded corner as I tear down the rest of the building!!.I have enough flowers and hash to pull me through a nuclear winter and the Sour BX seedlings I have are at day 60 so 20 more days I'm thinking and all I'll have left is the G-13 and my lucifer #1.My carpenter buddy is slow as slow can be but he's coming back from winter in the Bahamas so he may need work...Anyway, what I'll do is put the G-13 in the corner and work around it, 55-60 days is nothing.Thanks for the push, sometimes I'm like a vessel without a keel...:)Here's the G-13 snug in the flower room...
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts