What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
RD, I know I am very impressed so far, on top of that my photo skills are crap so you know they're even frostier in person....

NE, This is my first run with this strain so I can't honestly say I ever any hash with her, but I am looking forward to it....most likely I will save all the sugar trim and popcorn buds and make a bunch of BHO...I only like to make bubble now a days when their is snow outside to use. The other main reason is that BHO is a much quicker/easier/cleaner process to me at least.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Rasp, they weren't that much bigger than the GSC's probably anywhere from 10-14'' the stretch is unreal and to be honest hasn't stopped yet! I will be looking forward very much to smoking it when they're done....I haven't ever has any true OG's to grow before on top of that I could rarely find commercial stuff of the legit shit on the east here (at least where i've lived) so i'll be looking to stuff the jars full.

Buddle

Veteran
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking dope as heck Otto and TB etc!!

tyga..Compared to the pic you posted @ a month ago, she looks to be about done stretching.I have grown it outdoors though and I'm very confident she'll finish.If shes not in full bloom by Sept 1st..you can take matters into your own hands..i.e. a dark spot late afternoon.

Last edited:

Buddle

Veteran
Shit man honestly if I'm going to be experimenting with anything in the future it's going to be hydro.... those 27 gal rdwc systems sure are appealing....

I know you roll with pro mix and Botanicare..we learned a lot from some of the same peeps.I feel you on those under current systems.They are incredible and fairly easy to set up etc.I have a fantastic catalog for them I copped at a store a few months ago.I got interested in them when peeps were refering to them as MPB (medical patients buckets) at another forum.Your girls sure do look happy.Great to see things going so well for you.:woohoo:

coastal

Otto you are going to like that pk. Been smoking some early samples (57-58ish) and it's definitely an og. The lime aroma comes out much more as it dries, think like straight og kush but with limes instead of lemon pinesol. Daaaank :joint:

Thanks buddle. Those mpb buckets are the way to go, not hard to build at all, def go the DIY route. I've got a buddy rocking em and they are perfect for 1 plant per light.

The Baphomet

Veteran
Got a room full of big chem d's and sisters ,some are in 5 gallons some in 8 gallons .

Out of all the new cuts I got the Tahoe is a slow grower , she wants more mag then all of my other cuts so I have to mix separate nutes just for her with some Epsom salt to keep her happy .

Still looking at A/C units for my new rooms, I have two rooms that need to be cooled and I was looking at 2 5 ton units with heat pumps any one have any suggestions ?

Chem D @ 20 days ..
picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Sweet baph! I got two D's and sister's getting topped and vegged for another 4-5 weeks, I hope to keep them as happy as yours look....Also i just purchased a mini split heat pump unit and absolutely love the thing, efficient and saves big on the CO2. At the same time I am a renter so portability is key for me and this unit allows for that. If your set in your spot and continue to grow without worries of leaving for years I would probably suggest the big boy units like you mentioned, if your handy too you may be able to do all the installation yourself, couple extra hundred bucks to get the extra tools but no one but you has to be around the spot, and it always good knowledge for future use on gardens or simply your home......Also 5 ton units I think equals out to be 60,000 BTU's for each unit, don't know your set up but you may be able to get away with one unit...good luck let us know what you decided to use.

The Baphomet

Veteran
I have a mini split in my mother /clone room but i don't think I can get one that will cool my new room I was looking at some of the plug-n-play units but I don't think they make one with a heat pump . I have an old 5 ton with a heat pump cooling my old rooms but it is water cooled and it drains to waste and it turns my yard into a bog in the warm months and and Ice skating rink in the winter . It is always breaking down and Im totally sick and tired of replacing parts so I wont be moving it to the new rooms ,it's going to the dump ! We own our property and the installation can only be done by us .

Buddle

Veteran
Can't help you at all Baphomet but the D looks very content..Good luck with the decision and install.

TB Gardens

Veteran
Otto - your rocking the whole aptus line now? What do you use as your main nutrient? Aptus is all additives right? So you like need a base nute regiment to add it to, correctamundo?

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
TB, I got the line to test out, by no means have I dropped all my other nutes I am actually giving my normal feed to one blueberry and the aptus line on the other blueberry, I also decided to use the aptus nutes on the GSC tent because I ended up throwing away 3 of the 5 big gals and figured why the hell not, if they're that good might as well give them the shit everyone is ranting about.....anyways I use floranova bloom as my base nute, was gonna go with heavy 16 cause of all the rave reviews, but once I got to the hydro store and saw the ingredients on the A+B label it was damn near if not identical to floranova bloom just 2.5-3X more in price. I decided to be cheap and stick with what I had as a base (floranova) and they seem to be blending well together. Also yes all you need is any base nutrient and their additives and you good to roll. We'll see after this harvest and possibly one more run weather or not they're worth the dough.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I've been loving these morning lately....giving me that fall feeling which I love o so much always seems my best harvest come in the fall/winter time, plus gambling on football is so close to taking over my life I can't wait!

pure kush, not much smell on her yet, thankfully the stretch is slowing up nevertheless its still stretching
picture.php

picture.php

GSC for shits and giggles pic taken at day 22...the blueberry muffin smell is starting to away but an og kinda smell is starting to kick in, weird smells coming off this girl its making me smile...
picture.php

and here is one of the 2 blueberries this is the aptus fed one, the other is doing well but not as nice as this girl has bounced back...
picture.php

I hope all you OD growers see more days like today.

Rolldaddy

Baphonet,

How many lights will you running in the room you need to cool? I also use a mini split like Otto and it's awesome. Mine is a 2 ton 24000 btu 18 seer that also has a heat pump in it and I know were you can purchase them for the cheapest price and free delivery. To roughly estimate your load each 1k light creates about 5000 btu of heat. If you air cool your hoods it's about 3000 btu of heat from each light. Those numbers are a good rule of thumb to do a rough estimate.

The Baphomet

Veteran
Thanks Rolldaddy .

My rooms will have air cooled hoods , I positive a mini won't be able to keep my temps in check the rooms are 40ft long and my temps must hang @ 72-75 max . So I think I will be using two 5 ton units , I would rather have more cooling power just incase I plan on adding a few more lights :)

liking this unit with a add on 5000w heater , The dehumidification is very important night time humidity loves to go up to and sometimes over 70
http://www.excelair.ca/products/elite-series/

Rolldaddy

Baphomet,

If you want to go with the BIG 5 tons and think it will be an overkill but that you will expand to it's capacity there are 2 stage 5 ton or 4 tons on the market that might be good for your application

These 2 stage central systems to explain simply, work as if its 2 compressors in one. For example a 2 stage 5 ton unit. When it kicks on only the first stage is a 3 ton system turns on IF the load is too big then the second stage kicks on and it will be cooling at the full 5 tons. The main advantages of going this route is that ac will be more efficient. And that keeping temps and humidity in check will be smoother and more steady.

PM me or respond here if you want me to clarify or explain better

Latest posts

Latest posts