What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

A

Alone

Heres some bud shots....

Heres some bud shots....

That came from all FFOF soil and Fox Farms Nutrients.
Does Coco Coir grow bigger,better,more healthy plants? Which = bigger yields. Does the coco make the buds taste any better?

Ive always wondered about coco but Ive had just about flawless grows this way for years, so Im nervous to try something new, when what I use works great.

What nutrients am I to use for coco?

I have the Fox Farm style of soil growing on lock right now. I know nothing about Coco Coir.
I have 30 beans of Pure Landrace 100% Sativa JLB w/ 20 weeks flower time... so I knew the FFOF soil is to strong for them, so I picked up a bail of Sunshine Mix #4. I have a ton left over so this will be the first time changing mediums ever for the next 20 clones that just got rooted and are ready for t/p into 1 gallon pots.
After 3 weeks veg, they will be flipped.
This should give me enough time to see how the ladies took to the new medium. Im just not sure if the Fox Farm Nutrients are right for the Sunshine Mix #4.

Do you think if I did my homework...changed to Coco Coir.....Did things right until harvest....I would get a much bigger yield?

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Alone, I think he is referring to NE Growers post about the hydro shop in peabody mass. I know that evergreen is owned by some dude out in colorado and he owns I want to say 4-6 stores I think 2-4 in colorado and at least 2 here on the east coast, peabody mass and portland maine. I actually scored my aptus nutritents at the portland maine store and the dudes are pretty friendly, but I only shop their when I can't get what I need from my usual spot. Nice pictures BTW.

Rolldaddy, the yields will coco can be insane if you know what your doing, also taste translates over as well. I've always found I got more explosive growth with coco enough so that I've never tried using any other medium in easily 4 year or so, to me their is no point and basically coco works for me.

TB good luck with the aero kit, i've heard good and bads things about those set ups. Mainly they work amazing when things are working properly but when 1 little things goes wrong they whole set up needs attention and you can spend hours in the room just to figure out the littlest problem. Basically the dude told me he was happy to try and grow that way and the buds were amazing he would never do it again, sorry to be a downer and please don't let me discourage you I just wanted you to know what i've heard about them, and this dude could grow he actually owned at hydrostore back home too...

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
@Mr Bungle: thank you!!! Good looking out on the info. Got lost for 2 hrs looking for the place. Anytime i searched for it HTG and Greenlife came up. Gotta hit them up soon need another 2 1k hps big kuhanas.

In the mist of building my 10x10 flowering room running 5k and a 5x5 veg room for my mothers and new gear. Got blessed with some fine genetics and 1 strain my stage 3 Chemo patient is super stoked on the Pre98Bubba x NL5 Haze. Also got blessed with NL5 x Haze IX and McHaze. Seen all the good work with them so im starting up some of them tonight and getting the ball rollin in my 2nd veg room with my fellow EastCoasterDam brother. My chemo patient says THANK YOU!!!!!!!! to the creators and the tome and effort involved with these specimens. I also say thank u and much apprecaited.

Gonna give coco a run when im fully set up :tiphat:

The Baphomet

Veteran
Coco is the bomb!!! I would recommend it to anybody it will change the way you grow;)... You can get one pound plants in 5 gallon pots with coco and this aloud me to cut my plant numbers way down. . . I ran promix for over 10 years and would never go back after using coco . With coco you can really control whats going on with your feeds . I use the 6/9 method with silica , koolbloom and roots excel ,its super simple and the one thing I really love is I use the same dosage for everything from clones to flowers .

Another great thing about coco is I no longer need to lug around dozens of heavy ass promix bails , its allot less work walking out of the grow shop with a box filled with coco blocks than it is with 12 promix bails :)

Flushed TripleKush grown with the 6/9 feed
picture.php

TB Gardens

Veteran
Got blessed with some fine genetics and 1 strain my stage 3 Chemo patient is super stoked on the Pre98Bubba x NL5 Haze. Also got blessed with NL5 x Haze IX and McHaze. Seen all the good work with them so im starting up some of them tonight and getting the ball rollin in my 2nd veg room with my fellow EastCoasterDam brother. My chemo patient says THANK YOU!!!!!!!! to the creators and the tome and effort involved with these specimens. I also say thank u and much apprecaited.

Gonna give coco a run when im fully set up :tiphat:

brotha the p98 bubba cross is outstanding. everyone goes nuts over it. ive found 2 main phenos, short and squat, and a stretchy super minty pheno. they all have huge fans, suuuper dark green coloring, and the indica pheno purples and is rock hard. both are just great easy plants to grow, i dont find them to be heavy feeders or require alot of attention.. aand trimming is a breeze with these.

oh yah, big kahuna is htg's brand so u shant find it elsewhere. im done with that cheap crap tho, theres a good dude out in westport mass who hooks it up like no other. i only go to him now, orders shit for me at the beginning of the week and i pick it up at end of week with a 20-30% discount woohoo

Otto- ya man thats exactly why i havent set anything up yet. i knew it was gunna be a whole project in itself, and right now we are just getting things moving and finally falling into a groove here. once stuff has settled down & i have more time around the shop im gunna get down and dirty with that aero machine.

G

guest121295

Nice night out there gentlemen, even a winter boy like myself can appreciate a hot August night...Was that a Niel Diamond song? Sorry:).It was a double live album...I'm closing in on being straight veg for awhile, if I can just keep those moms from hitting the damme T5's. I've kept 2 sours, 2 chem 4's, both Lucifer F2's, a Pure kush, 2 chem D's that Candy thing and a Nevilles....That's the best I could do, I have a Sister a good friend is holding for me but the summer madness has me pinned at home but I'll bring her home:)...I'm helpless, there's nothing I can do, it's a disorder.I cut back all the rootballs and put every one in a 3gal bucket of coco.Today they'll have a spinosad spraydown...I swear, I used to have 2, G-13/Hashplant cuts for 10yrs, now this!!The facts point to this plant cultivating me as opposed to the opposite, or I'm just cracked...Hell of a day though, hope ya'll can enjoy it. Baphomet, I swear I switched to all 6/9, no KB 4 weeks ago.I like it.The new avatar is funny dude...

coastal

^Now that's a killer lineup :yes: We're very spoiled around here I think. Not complaining!!

Making some phoenix tears today for a patient, going to try to use sugar trim for this round and see how it comes out, it is all very high quality trim so I think the only downside will be yield... hoping for a bunch of sludge...

If anyone has any tips or advice I'm all ears, seems fairly straight forward.

Buddle

Veteran
got the big aptus blueberry tree here doing pretty well, leaves still look a like dry and still the slightest bit of clawing on the leaves, starting to think that my CO2 humidity levels may need to be raised, for at least the first couple weeks until they pack on some weight. All I know is that no matter what I do my flower room will never be perfect.....

View Image

I don't know about that bro..If anybody can do it you can..

coastal

No worries guys he's still doing his thing just not on here. Sometimes we all need a break from the internet... he probably read the gsc thread and lost all faith in icmag!

S

Scrappy-doo

Damn sorry to see Chaco gone. Such a cool and considerate guy. Hooked me up big time when my car broke down a couple years back. I'll never forget that brother! We need more people like you on this earth.

So long Chaco you will be missed!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
cookies day 21, using the whole aptus line of nutes and the plants seem to be happy as ever...some of the fastest growing plants I've seen/grown.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
Lookin good otto those ladies are building real nice. Resins lookin nice you ever make any bubble with her? Would be mighty tasty :tiphat: