What's new

Mass/RI/Con Growers here!

H

heavy dank nugg

they fly over me every single day........im in ct. and Im not even worried a little bit.

L

Lilly456

HDN I had to revamp my whole scrubbing system for my Alpha D, I had some beautifull super smelly plants.I put in a 150lb can and another 50lb'er and it did the trick.Thatwas some great weed, I hope yours turns out as well.Here's my last bud of the day yesterday, leafy on the outside and hard and rank on the inside...
picture.php
Here's the plant I'm cutting now, I finally cut myself back to this corner, I've been flushing her for 2 weeks, the Zoolander Lemon Larry is in front..
picture.php
Backside of the hazy section...
picture.php

L

Lune TNS

Hey HDN, about the kksc, if she is real she will smell of fruit and haze in flower, aswell as dried(moreso the fruit when still in flower)... the taste however has always been very very hazy for me... Which is why I keep her around (hazey buds done in 65 days, although lilly might laugh at me for calling em hazy with what he runs :nanana:)... The way yours chunks up does remind me of her, but it's hard to say esp if ya say she tastes like strawberry/blueberry... What does the smoke smell like when burned? Churchy?

Lilly, sweet lemon larry OG, she certaintly does have a kushy structure! Gotta love those rock hard kush nuggets :joint: Looks killer...

L

Lilly456

Well now don't get too down on yourself, we've all been had, once or twice...The cut we had came from Oregon, via some surfers we met in Hawaii who brought all their dope to the islands in the winter and surfed away.My buddy Winkie hooked up with them and got to talkin' and they sent him the cut , the 1st time I'd ever seen it done, and I rooted it because Winkie can't do cuts.Anyway the weed was real heavy on the stench and lightly hazy on the taste but more like a strawberry jolly rancher candy and you were licking your lips after smoking a joint.Yield was fair but the strength couldn't compare to the Malibu Ortega we were growing@ the time and some people whined, there's always a few and Winkie kept it for awhile but he was being by-passed by the locals for having "old man's weed".The reason really is that alot of these surfers who travel want real strong pot, sometimes you have to hit 'em to get 'em high.There was however a very famous surfer who played in a band with Winkie on the North Shore with the initials TC and the Strawberry was his favorite weed, and if TC liked it well, hell...:joint::joint:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
HDN, hang in their man the summer heat can discourage an indoor grower quickly. Like i said before I havent grown during the summer for years until i invested in a stand up AC this year, even now my stuff doesnt look as good as it should, but i know once summer past my buds will look, smell, taste, and smoke a little bit better.

KEEP YOU HEAD UP AND YOUR THUMB GREEN!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought a portable A/C last yr and it's been a great investment!
I got a Edgestar 12000 'cause Rez recommended it to me. Less temp. fluxuation w/ it than in winter, when I have to use an elec. heater.
Just remember to not rely on ducttape, use clamps too!

HDN, don't know exactly where your coming from, but I do know you'll be kicking yourself for stopping! Buying weed sucks.

Personally, I get bored to tears running clones, I love the diversity one can find in seeds. The next elite is just waiting to get cracked.
It's like fishing, just gotta keep plugging @ it!

I bet your "alleged" KKSC is better than anything I could buy around here.
If your op is too big, cut back. Use CFL's, but just grow!
If your growing for $, don't! Get back to growing for the kindness of good herb.
Good luck!

L

Lilly456

No way, no need to give up!!!I've been broken, kicked to the curb and outa weed but I still kept on even when I never even heard of an elite clone.Like Ottoman said, don't let summer fool ya', it's a bastard for growing weed and it'll break many a hardened soul.I run cuts and seeds and sometimes the whole thing bores me to death.I almost quit growing weed for about 2 weeks back in early May, meaning I had no flowering plants and I got over that real quick!! Now I have much too much weed and I can't even cut it myself but I'm totally alone with the growing and the older I become the less people I know that smoke, so my headstash grows and grows when I'm growing for entertainment.This time I admit, I grew too much weed.I love the hazes for smoking but they are a trial to cut.I used to have friends that grew but they are all gone now, some are on the street, some are in asylums, some are congressmen, some just went straight and won't say hello to me at the post office.Most men can count their real friends on 3 fingers, as I age I can see that for sure,my only weed friends are online and I would just as soon keep it that way.It's a tough game but no need to quit, you'll regret it...My best to ya' and keep it up!! Chaco@ midnight sharpening my scissors...again.:joint::joint:

L

Lilly456

Someone said DD? Hell HDN the summer temps will drive ya' nuts, if happy frog is soil I'd say yes, res temps get too warm and you are all done...In the summer I use soil only because of some total losses due to root rot.Now I just go overboard with the a/c and water the soil with cold water, but I can really only grow the hazy strains in this season, or at least sativas.Best of luck, plenty of us are having problems, this DD would have had 6oz in a 5gal bucket in the winter but in the summer I only pulled 3.5...You can't win 'em all..Chaco.:joint::joint:
picture.php

floater

Some ECSD cuts I put outside about 10 days ago, they had a whacking hail storm and it's been raining alot, but I hope they'll have some bud by Oct 10th, 1st snow...
picture.php
any experience with ECSD outdoor? I have some sour diesel outdoor this year- couple bushes, one smaller plant... but its a nor cal clone that's grown copiously in mendo- so we'll see about it here.

stinks to high heaven. Today, Aug 12th, I'm guessing i'm near the end of stretch, and just starting to bud- seeing a couple more hairs coming, along with the fact that they grew about 12-15" on top and the sides in a week! that's what i call a stretch.

i'm guessing from my ECSD indoor experience years ago, and how they're looking now- that Oct 15th or later may be the finishing time for these- much like a C99 outdoors in NE. They may take even longer...

lets hope for a drought-laden October, with high pressure, no tropical storm remnants, low humidity, and indian summer temps! knock on wood x3.

L

Lilly456

I've finished SDIBL outdoors on Oct 1st, ECSD where I'm at should be done by the 7th...I hope, I have another one growing in hydro and it's huge, both are starting to flower now.:joint::joint:

gwiz_capo

sup guys???
quick question...a buddy of mine got some ssh seeds on an amsterdam trip last year and i finaly threw them in the soil a few months back. This strain is really strange!! I had two going and they began to preflower at an alarming rate. I never even got to put it in 12/12 and there was a massive cola on one of them that it just toppled over and bent the stem. plant was only a bout a foot tall with massive cola!!! I ended up just cutting the cola off as it couldnt hold it self up...it weighed 32 g before being cured but the plant was short and a weak stem...mostly bud...how can it bud months before flower??? its been veggin for a while but crazy yellow hairs all over and had a massive cola of yellow and orange hairs.

is this true?? the cola i cut wont be good cuz :
1.it wasnt flushed since this wasnt planned
2. the buds havent even entered 12/12 so they arent mature

so does this mean the cola that fell off wont be any good?? it looks crazy, but the plant was way to small to have a cola like that ecspecially in veg. what is wrong with this strain?? should i be doing something differently?? my last 2 plants came out great by the way, zip off each (would have been more but lot of seeds) quality was surprisingly good, flushed properly, we were very impressed!

thanks for the help!! i hope the other ssh improves and doesnt topple ovewr like this one!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Capo, not too sure how to answer your question so i'll leave it up to someone else.

The blueberry and bubblegum were harvested early a.m. thought i throw up a few shots. The Super Skunk has atleast one more week I'll put shots of her up when i harvest her.

(right side: blueberry; left side: bubblegum)
blueberry
bubblegum

I have a chem 4, high V, and a LUIxNN 28 days into flowering. The high V and LUIxNN are looking very nice so far but the chem 4 is just that much better. The way her buds structure is and the amount of crystals at 28 days im impressed. She streches a bit but the nodes stay nice and close together. My pictures may not be the best of her but you'll get the idea.

chem 4

L

Lilly456

Ah..Ya' gotta love a nice bud.....My congo blocks out the sun, the Lemon Larry reeks, and the SSH is well...hazy.I'm sitting in the garden like Cheech in Nice Dreams, smelling buds and sweet talking his "ladies"...ridiculous.You know I once had this friend who I'd been growing with for about 10 yrs off and on, he had the Malibu connection for the Ortega seedstock, well he turned into a huffer and a crackhead and ended up on the streets of LA.Long story short he came to my house to visit a couple years back and I let him sleep in my shop with the weed.I went in there the next morning and it smelled like somebody spilled a whole can of acetone.He had huffed an entire quart of toluene alone and the fumes were so heavy that night my garden was dead in 3 days...sometimes you win , sometimes you lose.The things I had to do to rid myself of that guy...tough love...:noway: Picked up a great , new bad job working on a big book with my old lady, gonna be a long haul.She's been off in the "city stupid" working a deal that's why I'm at home fiddling around.I'm going to need to advance my computer skills:1help:Back to the weed...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Rudedewd

Good morning peoples. Capo, that doesn't sound like ssh, it sounds more like an autoflowering strain like lowryder. Autoflowering strains will flower and mature regardless of the light cycle. I'm not sure if you picked it at the peak of maturity but dry it and smoke it and see what you think, my guess is that you'll probably like it. I'm thinking somehow there was a mix up when the seeds were packaged.

L

Lilly456

Yeah, I agree and I forgot to mention it in my previous post^^^, they have to have some autoflower blood.I used to be predjudiced against autoflowers because of some of Nev's ruderalis hybrids of old but after spending some time in the Canadian maritimes, well those boys have some auto flowers I was impressed with, it's not 80 day deez but it does do the trick, no doubts.Anybody ever just git plain old shit scared?Hell I smoked up a joint of fresh dried La Nina and I damn near cut and run, sometimes I just wonder what the f-ck I'm doing...If my account dissappears that's why, too much haze...:noway::noway: So high I'm gonna puke. Chaco.:woohoo::woohoo: