What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Martial Law in the uk? If no deal brexit

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
not sure about this argument of togetherwe are stronger when it comes to the EU. all it means is that now instead of having to get 28 heads of stete to agree to wars and invasions, they only have to talk to 1, even worse is that those nations against war and sanctions and blockades are forced by the majority to adopt said policies even against their national interests.

the EU should have a mutual self defense pack and a trade agreement, the rest is rubbish and should be totally voluntary. when the eus economic interests are threatened they can still join together as a block to have more clout, but you don't need to make everyone give up sovereignty over their country to have a strong voice.

nobody minds having a trade block, it's the political and monetary union that steals power and sovereignty from national elected governments.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Macron won’t rest until the EU army is up and running,,,
This prick wants to be a modern Napoleon,,,,,
EU army full of young Middle Eastern men,,,,
Want asylum ? Three years service in the EU army and you might just get a passport,,,
Do they think we can’t see these devious manoeuvres?,,,,s2

White Beard

to me it seems that human nature means i'm right. everyone wants to make money, can you imagine how bad the eurocrats would look if they really start getting in the way of thousands of businesses in the whole EU and their customers and or suppliers in the UK? even if they want to, they won't be able to justify it.
I think it’s an over statement to say “everyone wants to make money”...the truth (IMO) is that everyone NEEDS to HAVE money. I don’t think that’s a quibble, I think it’s a fact of survival in the so-called first-world.

But you’re specifically talking about business.

GaiusMarius said:
the only real weapon they have is import/export tax/tariffs, but those will be have to kept in limits, or else again the business community will complain that the eu is anti business. but yes on a short term there might be some turmoil, some prices going up, but only until smart business men organize reasonable alternatives. remember the EU is only 26 countries. there is nothing they produce, that can't be sourced else where. there is a big wide world out there of choice. for things to get as bad as the msm is predicting, would require thousands of business men to just stop acting in their best interest and join the crusade to make Britain pay. no sane business man will do any such thing. on the contrary they will be lobbying to get things back to normal or looking for other ways to get around any unreasonable conditions.
Sadly or not, ‘businessmen’ - like others - are frequently wrong as to where their best interest lies.

It was, I think, in the ‘60s when the UK entered the European Common Market. I don’t recall the details, but IIRC UK realized it needed the expanded trade opportunities, that the Commonwealth literally did not offer them the opportunities they wanted.

Part of the struggle can be seen in the ancient insistence that Great Britain is NOT part of Europe, and they’ve never been shy about making that sentiment known; that insistence has a very modern voice today.

I think it possible that your self-interested businessman has had enough of UK’s frankly high-handed sense of superiority over the last few hundred years.

GaiusMarius said:
they have the wto trade regs to fall back on too, so it's not like they have to re invent the wheel or something.

one thing i do acknowledge, the eurocrats will probably do some damage, before common sense re asserts it's self. just like a dieing tiger can still rip your guts open, the eurocrats will be dangerous as they contemplate being made less relevant by the UK loss and wanting other EU nations to see that it won't be painless to leave. again this is in their self interest, so can potentially cause some pain, but even there, if they go too far they will make the EU even less liked internally, they can't let the mask of EU benevolence slip too far, without paying an even bigger price and losing more member states.

if they were smart they would allow EU trade block membership, without full subjugation to eu dictates. that way the EU might survive, or they find a way to stop Britain leaving. that would also allow them to survive a bit longer.
EU bureaucrats clearly are the same sort of boogeymen to (some UK sub-populations) that “liberals” and “democrats” are here (in certain sub-populations) in the US.

I can tell you with confidence that the current wave of anti-government hostility and ongoing demonization has its roots in the Jim Crow south, and began its current phase in response to the Supreme Court, who declared in ‘Brown v. Board of Education’ that the rights enshrined in the Constitution, the Declaration, and the Bill of Rights applied to ALL citizens, regardless of race or financial condition. The immediate outcome, besides the well-publicized events in Little Rock, was a broad-based move in the southern states to close all public schools...which led to the current rolling fiascos.

For one thing, we *have* learned through this that people often are convinced that their ‘best interests’ are served by actions that either cannot succeed or cannot be defended.

Thanks for your response!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Macron won’t rest until the EU army is up and running,,,
This prick wants to be a modern Napoleon,,,,,
EU army full of young Middle Eastern men,,,,
Want asylum ? Three years service in the EU army and you might just get a passport,,,
Do they think we can’t see these devious manoeuvres?,,,,s2

Isn´t it called Foreign Legion? It is nothing new. What did the french and brits in the 2 World Wars, they let fight by their colonial troops in parts.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
When the UK joined the EEC in the 70's - all of us Brits thought that this union with Europe was SOLELY about TRADE - and not being dictated to by a bunch of unelected officials in Brussels as to what our laws are and who we should allow into our nation -

Britain's never wanted to be part of some sorta 'United States of Europe' - and just about all the Brits I know are quite happy to become once again a truly sovereign nation that does not have to do the bidding, and pay huge amounts of funds to a bunch of blank suits in Brussels.

Excactly what I wrote yesterday. For the Brits it always was a trade union, not a political union.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it’s an over statement to say “everyone wants to make money”...the truth (IMO) is that everyone NEEDS to HAVE money. I don’t think that’s a quibble, I think it’s a fact of survival in the so-called first-world.

But you’re specifically talking about business.

Sadly or not, ‘businessmen’ - like others - are frequently wrong as to where their best interest lies.

It was, I think, in the ‘60s when the UK entered the European Common Market. I don’t recall the details, but IIRC UK realized it needed the expanded trade opportunities, that the Commonwealth literally did not offer them the opportunities they wanted.

Part of the struggle can be seen in the ancient insistence that Great Britain is NOT part of Europe, and they’ve never been shy about making that sentiment known; that insistence has a very modern voice today.

I think it possible that your self-interested businessman has had enough of UK’s frankly high-handed sense of superiority over the last few hundred years.

EU bureaucrats clearly are the same sort of boogeymen to (some UK sub-populations) that “liberals” and “democrats” are here (in certain sub-populations) in the US.

I can’t tell you with confidence that the current wave of anti-government hostility and ongoing demonization has its roots in the Jim Crow south, and began its current phase in response to the Supreme Court, who declared in ‘Brown v. Board of Education’ that the rights enshrined in the Constitution, the Declaration, and the Bill of Rights applied to ALL citizens, regardless of race or financial condition. The immediate outcome, besides the well-publicized events in Little Rock, was a broad-based move in the southern states to close all public schools...which led to the current rolling fiascos.

For one thing, we *have* learned through this that people often are convinced that their ‘best interests’ are served by actions that either cannot succeed or cannot be defended.

Thanks for your response!

Our sense of superiority comes from that fact that a very,,very,, small Island
ruled the world until we gave most of it away,
I dont sign letters from the UK, I sign them with the og title
Great Britain ,,,,,s2:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
OK, Mrs. May is history. I didn´t always understand what she did, but she was tough. Respect!

Isn´t it a silly joke at last, with the Brexit and what was following? Now the Brits had to vote in the EU elections?!?

I never thought that a comedy, like the whole Brexit story, could happen in europe in the 21 century.

Now we can be curious what happens in the EU elections Sunday.

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
not sure about this argument of togetherwe are stronger when it comes to the EU. all it means is that now instead of having to get 28 heads of stete to agree to wars and invasions, they only have to talk to 1, even worse is that those nations against war and sanctions and blockades are forced by the majority to adopt said policies even against their national interests.

the EU should have a mutual self defense pack and a trade agreement, the rest is rubbish and should be totally voluntary. when the eus economic interests are threatened they can still join together as a block to have more clout, but you don't need to make everyone give up sovereignty over their country to have a strong voice.

nobody minds having a trade block, it's the political and monetary union that steals power and sovereignty from national elected governments.

Good arguments. The reasons for the EU are many, but mainly to avoid yet another European war. They want to do what Hitler wanted to do, only without bombs. Nuclear bombs.

And people think the Middle East is a danger zone.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now the EU get the “ heavy mob “ lol

Now the EU get the “ heavy mob “ lol

So with mrs May gone,,
We have nine Tory lol pigs feeding at the trough ,,
all to become the new Prime Minister,,,
If it goes as expected then the EU will face a very hard brexit mob with Nigel Farage possibly? On board,,,
They will make outrageous demands which the EU will dismiss totally then a no deal becomes a reality as the Tory’s and Farage laugh,,,,
As I have said before because of the EUs arrogance and vanity along with Mays impotence ;;
this has played directly into the UK elites hands who have played politics for decades as there fathers before them,,,,
I hope I am totally wrong,,,,
Ps. Bye Bye Mr Macron lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm glad the Maybot is going - probably the worst prime minister the UK has ever had - it was pretty obvious that she was trying to deliver Brexit in name only -

Now the USA President is vouching for Boris - says he'd make a great PM - which I doubt.

Boris the Spider - The Who
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yvoRtHSQ4Y

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finding President Trumps “ interference “ in the race for the next UK Prime minister ,,,
Totally hilarious,,,
USA Ambassador Woody ? Promising trade deals like no other as soon as we depart the EU lol,lol
Watching this circus go round and round,,,,
I imagine the EU negotiators saying “ For fucks sake!,,not only Farage but now the most powerful man in the world are behind the Tory “ heavy mob” that will pop over to Brussels in
the very near future “ ,,,
I imagine the EU have to stand firm and blow the “ heavy mobs “ demands out of the water,,,
Gonna get really really funny very soon,,,
As long as I can get my German smoked cheese and Portuguese pastel del nata cakes I be happy as Larry,,,
Politics! All a big funny game for the elites,,, s2

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Isn´t it called Foreign Legion? It is nothing new. What did the french and brits in the 2 World Wars, they let fight by their colonial troops in parts.

True Herman,,,,
But today we are dealing with a totally different demographic unlike
before,,,s2:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Time for sadness about the british leave is over, now take a look in the future. I hope the british people have not wait to long for the weekly 350 million Pound, that they gave to the EU and now is free for the health care systhem or the superduper free trade agrements.

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm glad the Maybot is going - probably the worst prime minister the UK has ever had - it was pretty obvious that she was trying to deliver Brexit in name only -

Now the USA President is vouching for Boris - says he'd make a great PM - which I doubt.

Boris the Spider - The Who
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yvoRtHSQ4Y

With Trump, you are either Brilliant, Amazing, Genius, The Best, or you're an Idiot, a Dunce, a Fool or a Tranny.

There's no in between with him. Well... maybe the Tranny.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
It´s gonna be very interesting what the future brings, but it is not the end of the world. Years about years with negotiations.

Somehow i can´t realy believe it?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - now we are just a small island alone again - floating around between the North Sea and the Atlantic Ocean - Nigel Fromage - who was the real drive behind Brexit - since he's been trying to get it sorted for nearly 30 years had an interesting last speech in front of the European parliament -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgmfpHBiDw

Nigel Farage's dramatic final speech at the European Parliament ahead of the Brexit vote -

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah - now we are just a small island alone again - floating around between the North Sea and the Atlantic Ocean - Nigel Fromage - who was the real drive behind Brexit - since he's been trying to get it sorted for nearly 30 years had an interesting last speech in front of the European parliament -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgmfpHBiDw

Nigel Farage's dramatic final speech at the European Parliament ahead of the Brexit vote -

By leaving the EU tommorow then surely that makes Farage and his ilk irrelevant,,,why is he still banging on?,,
A self serving odious vile toad of a city boy and have you noticed he seems to avoid the areas where even his team of security gorillas couldn’t stop him getting a whack,,,,,
Expect him to hold a Cannabis Growers License when decriminalised as it inevitably will be in the near future ,,,
Everytime I watch him,,I feel a need to shower,,like his slime invades my home,,,s2:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - he does seem to have that effect on quite a few people - but of course it would be great if it turned out that he was a closet cannabis grower - lol

By leaving the EU tommorow then surely that makes Farage and his ilk irrelevant,,,why is he still banging on?,,
A self serving odious vile toad of a city boy and have you noticed he seems to avoid the areas where even his team of security gorillas couldn’t stop him getting a whack,,,,,
Expect him to hold a Cannabis Growers License when decriminalised as it inevitably will be in the near future ,,,
Everytime I watch him,,I feel a need to shower,,like his slime invades my home,,,s2:tiphat: