What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars hydro ts1000 test

Kree73

In fact, I've always wanted to see someone compare HPS with our lights, or whatever

I have the room , HPS and time to dedicate to a compare . Currently running 2 Barneys farm strains and 1 from Queens Royal seeds company . Hps can be a warm beast even at 400w . The running temp for led panels are cooler in turn offering less chance the p!ants will get too hot .

Kree73 out:tiphat:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I have the room , HPS and time to dedicate to a compare . Currently running 2 Barneys farm strains and 1 from Queens Royal seeds company . Hps can be a warm beast even at 400w . The running temp for led panels are cooler in turn offering less chance the p!ants will get too hot .

Kree73 out:tiphat:[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80392&pictureid=1957595&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80392&pictureid=1957600&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

nice flower, How do you control the temperature inside when you use HPS

mr.brunch

Veteran
In fact, I've always wanted to see someone compare HPS with our lights, or whatever

I have a 400 hps running on the other two plants, but it wouldn’t be a fair comparison to the led as it’s not designed to replace a 400.
Impressive little light so far though!

Kree73

nice flower, How do you control the temperature inside when you use HPS

I have a couple of fans . One of them is outside the room and I have it connected to some ducting feeding into the room . It is normally operating at summertime .
My room is No tent . However I have tried to make it as tent like as possible . The temp in the room at normal operations runs at 31-32°.
In the summer it can reach up to 40°+
Ideally I would like to get a proper air control unit , but re-using and re-purposing seems to suit at the moment .Plus cash flow doesn't help as some proper unit cost a fair chunk of cash .

As you can tell tho .... The ladies don't seem to mind it being a little touch over the comfortable temp :dance013:
Kree73 out

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
These are in 1 x 0.5 m and seem to be doing fine... bear in mind this light is intended to replace a 250w hid , so that gives an idea of the coverage.

Day 39 pictures, 4 with lights on (one showing a few lowers) and one light out. Can’t wait to see what happens next run combined with a 400 son in a 1sqm!!

I am quite impatient sometimes.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Looking great man, I'm getting ready to set mine into flowering!!!! So there's roughly 70days with all 3 strains I'm running. I wish I had dehumidifier but don't have the funds. Hopefully next grow, I'm gonna put some money into my basement/grow area.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Looking great man, I'm getting ready to set mine into flowering!!!! So there's roughly 70days with all 3 strains I'm running. I wish I had dehumidifier but don't have the funds. Hopefully next grow, I'm gonna put some money into my basement/grow area.

Thanks mate, I am following your grow also- cant wait to see the buds!

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
When the current giveaway is over, we will choose a grower to test our light, hoping that the lucky guy can bring us the good test feedback

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When the current giveaway is over, we will choose a grower to test our light, hoping that the lucky guy can bring us the good test feedback

i just happen to have a brand new mars hydro 5x5 tent i won here and enough plants to fill it up,and i am currently running a 4x4 tent with a 1000w hps and a 4x8 led room running HLG 550 leds so i have 2 different systems i could compare results to.