What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars hydro ts1000 test

mr.brunch

Veteran
Hello mate, cheers for looking in
This one is in 1.75 x 3.5, so I reckon in a 2x2 it will be perfectly bright.
I use tomato feed from about week 3 of flower, which has extra calcium and magnesium so I’ve not noticed any deficiencies
That makes perfect sense about the trichs not degrading with no uv , I very rarely scope my buds- I just take them when they look right and when time allows!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Chopped... couple of bud pics, been a busy day!

picture.php
picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Oh looks very nice!!!! . I'm about a week into flowering with the SP 250. Looks like your buds turned out good??

mr.brunch

Veteran
Oh looks very nice!!!! . I'm about a week into flowering with the SP 250. Looks like your buds turned out good??

Thank you mate, yes they have turned out lovely.. never used led before so I am pleasantly surprised.
I will be back with the weigh in :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
nice looking good

Thank you mate :tiphat:

Dry, trimmed and jarred.... one plant did 70g and the front one did 114g , so 184g from 150w. Pleasantly impressed!
Gorgeous creamy smells, I’m relegated to rolling in the garden or shed as it stinks very loud.
I will get a couple of dry pics up later

mr.brunch

Veteran
Brilliant return man, over a gram per watt..

Go stink that shed out....

Thanks mate, it’s smoked out right now!
I had the other two under a 400w , they gave 50 and 70 (130 total) so the led wins completely unexpectedly.... all from seed though, so differences would be expected. :tiphat:

GGNo2

:tiphat:That's a great result, it's also a big "shut ya mouth" to all the idiots running around the Internet saying that Mars hydro are no good.
Elitist fools who think because they're reasonably priced they won't work.
Well we've all just watched a Mars unit at 150w out perform a 400w hps so they're are perfect for a small hobby grower as a single unit.
I will be acquiring one in not the too distant future.
The flowers look pukka, well done:tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
:tiphat:That's a great result, it's also a big "shut ya mouth" to all the idiots running around the Internet saying that Mars hydro are no good.
Elitist fools who think because they're reasonably priced they won't work.
Well we've all just watched a Mars unit at 150w out perform a 400w hps so they're are perfect for a small hobby grower as a single unit.
I will be acquiring one in not the too distant future.
The flowers look pukka, well done:tiphat:

Cheers mate, I didn’t mention the other two under the 400 earlier as I didn’t think it would be a fair side by side... i.e. the 400 would easily beat the yield.
Although obviously they were all from seed, so yield differences could be put down to phenotype- still shows that the led can perform if the pheno is there.
All the best mate :tiphat:

GGNo2

Maybe not an exact science no but it's still performed brilliantly. Held its own so to speak.
I'm in impressed.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Notice any diff's in the plants worth mentioning? Stretch leaf/bud ratios, watering requirements etc?

J

jaded1

Plants eat through calcium under these lights so make sure they have plenty of it.I didn't add any extra in a couple of pots that are mainly getting light from mine and have severe calcium spotting at 5 weeks 12/12

mr.brunch

Veteran
Notice any diff's in the plants worth mentioning? Stretch leaf/bud ratios, watering requirements etc?

The two under the led seemed to stretch a little more, nothing huge though and could be put down to phenotype difference... they drank just as fast as the sodium... its been quite warm weather though
They didn’t seem anymore leafy under the led :tiphat:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good work, really nice turn out Mr Brunch!
I've since replaced my 156w of Osram SILs with a TS1000.
It appears to be quite a bit brighter and the lower shoots, which didn't receive a lot of light under the SILs have since put on weight too. (I have kept one lower shoot of each plant, so I can harvest the big ones and still have enough leaves down at the bottom to re-veg any plant that turns out special.)
My observation after roughly a week is that plants love the spectrum and one TS1000 is good for as many plants as you like as long as the canopy to cover is not more than 2'x'2 (60cmX60cm). Having left HID lights roughly 6 years ago, I can't really imagine going back, simply to NOT risk my crop.
China vs rest of the world: First of all most quality LEDs nowadays are made in China or at least Asia. I saw this presentation from the Future Foundation (I think that was the name?) and the gentleman basically very logically explained what was going to be the next global seal of quality:
In the early 1900's/ 1920's it was clearly Made in USA. Then it changed to Made in Germany after WWII after it had initially been conceived to drive people away from buying from ze Germans (lol), then in the 1980's it went on to made in Japan, today it's made in Korea and guess what he predicted to be next? Right: Made in China. The very label we all in the west frown upon as being low end quality, cheap, disposable... but think about it, we have actively outsourced just about every profitable industry aside from automotive to China for more than 4 decades, fuelling their rise from cheap to really good... So who do think has the best production facilities in 2019? Certainly, not Germany or the US...
The only reason not to buy Chinese today really would have to be that you disagree with the totalitarian system over there and their lack of efforts in CSR& Sustainability (but note that they're already overtaking us again on this one as it's future proofing their business that they're interested in) , it cannot be the quality as most other production facilities will simply be inferior already today.
Not necessarily my personal opinion, but

Just my 5 cts on what's up out there...
CC

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
welcome to the .1% then...the mars hydro tent i have is well made and in many ways nicer than the hydrofarm lighthouse tents i have,which were no doubt made in china and rebranded anyway...