What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars hydro ts1000 test

mr.brunch

Veteran
Looking lush in there my good man.

Thank you mate, they seem to be loving the light. I was curious what this strain would do as it’s my first time with her, and she seems to be making a nice little field of spikes.
These gelato crosses produce some big fat leaves though, so I’ve had to defoliate (nothing major) a few times, and they are beginning to stack
All the best :tiphat:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doing a good job mr brunch keep up the good work my friend things are looking a ok,

mr.brunch

Veteran
Looking great. Seem to be about right for the stage they're at. You are selling this light to me Mr brunch lol. I've got a few weeks before I buy my little set up so I'm still watching your test but as is I'm impressed.
I think this light will be great in a small tent with 2 autos.

I would think it would be perfect for a 2 plant tent, never had any luck with autos myself they don’t seem to like me. I’ve been trying to keep an even-ish canopy in case the light didn’t penetrate enough, but it is doing its job.
It doesn’t kick out a lot of heat though, so a little heating may be required come winter ... I’m planning to pair it with a 400w next run and see what the mixed spectrum can do :tiphat:

Doing a good job mr brunch keep up the good work my friend things are looking a ok,

Thank you my friend, I’m pleasantly impressed so far

GGNo2

Ah I've grown a few auto's in back yard and I grew one under a light before on a photoperiod time schedule lol still pulled ofer an oz from her.
The reason I'm thinking autos is because I will be growing in the corner of my bedroom. I can't be doing with the 12hrs of dark thing in a room we use. Two new grandkids means spare room is out of bounds and I've got a attic that's no use to anybody lol.
I can stick 2 autos in a little tent, stick a led on them for 20hrs a day and not have to worry about dark periods or a hike in electricity bill.
That will keep me and the misses in smoke and that's all I'm aiming for now. I've done a couple of bigger grows now and it's got boring real quick, so now this space isn't available anymore I won't be looking for a new one.
Just want to get back to little grows that I can enjoy spending time with the plants, hand watering 30+ plants in soil gets to become a chore that I dread now. I don't really feel like I'm giving the plants the love anymore.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ah I've grown a few auto's in back yard and I grew one under a light before on a photoperiod time schedule lol still pulled ofer an oz from her.
The reason I'm thinking autos is because I will be growing in the corner of my bedroom. I can't be doing with the 12hrs of dark thing in a room we use. Two new grandkids means spare room is out of bounds and I've got a attic that's no use to anybody lol.
I can stick 2 autos in a little tent, stick a led on them for 20hrs a day and not have to worry about dark periods or a hike in electricity bill.
That will keep me and the misses in smoke and that's all I'm aiming for now. I've done a couple of bigger grows now and it's got boring real quick, so now this space isn't available anymore I won't be looking for a new one.
Just want to get back to little grows that I can enjoy spending time with the plants, hand watering 30+ plants in soil gets to become a chore that I dread now. I don't really feel like I'm giving the plants the love anymore.

Good plan mate, I know what you mean... larger grows mean the girls don’t get the same attention, plus added paranoia.
Personally I just grow (nearly) enough for me and the wife, plus I give half to a sick relative who isn’t in the position to grow nowadays- any more would be a pain

GGNo2

Yeah the paranoia is greatly increased lol, it's a couple of miles away from me but the helicopter as been out a few times this session and its been rather close to home at times.
There was a kid go missing and helicopter was searching our area. I noticed where it was hovering in the sky it would be close to the garden. Then I got a call from the land owner to say it had been hovering directly above the shed for 5 mins and he was panicking lol.
I told him you don't have to worry so much when its directly above because they're probably scanning half a mile away. I dunno I was freaking out just as bad as him but I felt I should reassure him before he went and set fire to the shed lol.
Yes I'm looking forward to seeing the end of all that. L.e.d seems the way for me to go now and your test has perfect timing for me to sit and watch the results.
Best of luck fella.

P

pongster

i'm definetely sold on this one,
great skills and thanks for your posts!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Yeah the paranoia is greatly increased lol, it's a couple of miles away from me but the helicopter as been out a few times this session and its been rather close to home at times.
There was a kid go missing and helicopter was searching our area. I noticed where it was hovering in the sky it would be close to the garden. Then I got a call from the land owner to say it had been hovering directly above the shed for 5 mins and he was panicking lol.
I told him you don't have to worry so much when its directly above because they're probably scanning half a mile away. I dunno I was freaking out just as bad as him but I felt I should reassure him before he went and set fire to the shed lol.
Yes I'm looking forward to seeing the end of all that. L.e.d seems the way for me to go now and your test has perfect timing for me to sit and watch the results.
Best of luck fella.

Looking great man!!! I'll be putting mine in flowering very soon. I really like these LEDs

i'm definetely sold on this one,
great skills and thanks for your posts!

Thank you guys, I am pleasantly impressed... was a little worried at first as I’ve been sodium all my life, but the healthy green growth and building flowers are putting my mind at rest.
Cheers

mr.brunch

Veteran
Looking good so far mate,is it a gelato cross or straight gelato?

Cheers mate
It is holy seeds chuck Norris, which is (nl x(chronic x nl)) x gelato
I did their bitter cherry punch a few grows back, which has the same gelato reversed daddy, and I’m getting similar smells sometimes.
That one was a strong resin-bomb so I’m optimistic

G

gli-zulù

Very nice test, I will buy this lamp but I have some doubts about the flowering capacity, for a small cabinet just 0.9x0.6m, do you think it will be okay? your plants like it!:))

mr.brunch

Veteran
Very nice test, I will buy this lamp but I have some doubts about the flowering capacity, for a small cabinet just 0.9x0.6m, do you think it will be okay? your plants like it!)

These are in 1 x 0.5 m and seem to be doing fine... bear in mind this light is intended to replace a 250w hid , so that gives an idea of the coverage.

Day 39 pictures, 4 with lights on (one showing a few lowers) and one light out. Can’t wait to see what happens next run combined with a 400 son in a 1sqm!!

I am quite impatient sometimes.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Kree73

Thank you guys, I am pleasantly impressed... was a little worried at first as I’ve been sodium all my life, but the healthy green growth and building flowers are putting my mind at rest.
Cheers

Ever since I started studying to be an electrician and was running side by side with electronics. I know how good that simple led is . As tech advances as it has things ..... Can you get better , can only get better . Now ..... :tiphat:

Kree73

Bet you like the fact that you can take pics with the light on and not get that messed up image due to flicker

G

gli-zulù

Thank you mr.Brunch, your plant are very great! However i bought one ts1000, we'll see the results maybe in future another one will be better!