What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro LED

Boob McNoob

Pretty reasonable argument against defoliation preceding harvest; I am curious if the stress and affect can be mitigated by doing the snipping several days early. I'm a rather disorganized (sloppy) grower and the curb appeal of neatly manicured buds really isn't that much of a motivator for going through the motions. I foresee eventually moving toward edibles and concentrates but currently suffer the clutter and tedious chore of denuding individual buds at the point of smoking.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Sorry mars, but no. By harvesting first, then removing the leaves, you have first removed the root zone. This protects the quality of the bud while also helping the initial phase of drying.
I realise you want photos, but not at the expense of your customers bud.
Sorry my firend, we think you misunderstood, we don't ask our customers to do anything with their plants, we only pay attention to the growth process and the final result of the plants themselves. When to water, fertilize, prune or harvest depends on the customer's own judgment. Our photos are the ones that customers think are good and will be fed back to us. So maybe as for whether to prune the leaves in advance, if it's for the client's own use and they don't mind cutting the leaves irritating the plants and maybe having some odors, then they can decide that according to their own convenience. But you're right that the plant has a stress response when it's hurt, which slightly affects its taste, so harvesting and then pruning has always been the choice for the vast majority of people.

Reactions: GMT

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Treat every planting as a new experience! :greenstars:

357756081_10168116748290372_6193087724708493447_n.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
The MARS HYDRO UR45 can be supplemented with UV and infrared light in white full-spectrum growth light cultivation or other specific cultivation to induce flowering and sleep, increase leaf area, improve plant nutrient quality, and stimulate biomass production.

- Wattage - 45W (UV: 30W; IR: 15W)
- Separate Control of UV & IR
- Diode Professional Arrangement
- Easy to Install on Grow Light and Shelves

www.mars-hydro.com/ur45-uv-ir-led-grow-light
屏幕截图 2023-07-17 174910.png
屏幕截图 2023-07-17 174951.png

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Do you have a preference for planting seasons? Many people will choose to rest for a few months after a round of planting to better arrange their planting and life.

image.png

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
2*4 tents are the most convenient size you currently do, but I wish you'd add a 2*6 tent to the range.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Every UK bedroom has a 6 ft wall space somewhere, (to put a bed in), I'd like a tent for mine. But anything over 2 feet deep is a pain to try and reach across. So think if a TS and an SP150 end to end. 6 X 2 direct growing space, one area.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Every UK bedroom has a 6 ft wall space somewhere, (to put a bed in), I'd like a tent for mine. But anything over 2 feet deep is a pain to try and reach across. So think if a TS and an SP150 end to end. 6 X 2 direct growing space, one area.
We would like to ask if it would be convenient for you to send a photo showing that area? In this way, it can be more intuitively understood. Do you think the size of 2*6 will be popular in the UK?

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
We asked some customers what they think is the ideal tent size for personal use. Most customers think that the 4*4 area is enough for personal growers. Do you agree with this point of view?

FC4800.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah sure, here's two examples where someone may want a tent rather than a bed.

Forgive the untidiness and need for redecoration, I'm a lazy grower and even lazier decorator.

A 4*4 grow area is more than a personal grower needs for flowering, that's going to give 20 ounces every 9 weeks. That's twice as much as I smoke, and I'm considered a heavy smoker. It's also really hard to use properly. Have you tried leaning across a 4 foot gap, threading your head under a hot led light, trying to inspect buds and remove leaves? 2 foot is perfect.

Last edited:
We asked some customers what they think is the ideal tent size for personal use. Most customers think that the 4*4 area is enough for personal growers. Do you agree with this point of view?
i got a 4x4 and i get enough from each harvest but i have to continually grow straight after each harvest.
and you also just have to watch out for a 100% extra height with stretch after light hour change and I'm gonna harvest in 2 days and then after drying it I'm doing all over again.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Yeah sure, here's two examples where someone may want a tent rather than a bed.
View attachment 18868224 View attachment 18868225
Forgive the untidiness and need for redecoration, I'm a lazy grower and even lazier decorator.

A 4*4 grow area is more than a personal grower needs for flowering, that's going to give 20 ounces every 9 weeks. That's twice as much as I smoke, and I'm considered a heavy smoker. It's also really hard to use properly. Have you tried leaning across a 4 foot gap, threading your head under a hot led light, trying to inspect buds and remove leaves? 2 foot is perfect.
Ok, I get it, but launching a new size requires market research to get feedback, and we'll ask what other people think about it. If we can get good feedback, we may launch the 2*6 you want.😉

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
i got a 4x4 and i get enough from each harvest but i have to continually grow straight after each harvest.
and you also just have to watch out for a 100% extra height with stretch after light hour change and I'm gonna harvest in 2 days and then after drying it I'm doing all over again.
Approximately how many ounces do you harvest in a year?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Do I get a discount on mine for coming up with it 😇. How long does it take to research a new line 🤔? Are we talking later in the year or next year? Only reason I ask is for winter I was thinking of picking up another 2*4. I'll wait if there's still a chance of the perfect size, but no point in waiting for something that's not coming🙄.

😘