What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro LED

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Prime quality cup winning bud has been grown for decades without any UV. I wouldn't stress myself over the specifics because the TS light seems pretty good.

As for the tents, 70*70 for sure. It will be even better if the quality was the same again as the old tents with yellow/green logo. 180 cm high!

Hmmm, but how so? You do know that HID lights emit UV, right?
Anyways thanks for the comments all, much appreciated, but as I said the question was more "what does it do in detail and what does that mean" rather than "does it emit UV".

Cheers
CC

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They do, although it's not a lot, certainly not enough to have to use sunscreen ;-)
Also HID lighting in public spaces, stadiums etc. always have a protective glass cover which filters out the UV radiation...

My interest is only if it does anything good when growing weed or if does not matter.
Especially in the aspect of degrading trichs to an amber color.
CC

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Remind customers, it is best to order through the official website, if the price is too low, unreasonable, please do not buy it.
There is only one Mars Hydro official website: www.mars-hydro.com

Attachments

• TIM图片20190824151358.jpg
    TIM图片20190824151358.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 19

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Mon dieu, you'Re right I completely overread the reply from MarsHydro.
BUT also: It didn't really asnwer my question...
Is the lack of UV a good thing and lack of degrading trichs is offering a huge harvest window as everything ripens up, but nothing degrades? Or are some essential oils not produced without UV light?

That was my question.

But as of today I have to say screw all my posts anyways because with the TS1000 light I am getting amber trichs, at least on the lemon haze plant in my tent right now (the others are not showing any signs yet).
I'll keep track of the trichomes of all plants flowering out right now in my set up and let you guys know if I see amber trichs on all of the at some point.
Cheers
CC
I haven't known about the question you asked before. It would be better if there is UV, but there won't be much impact without UV. I look forward to your growing to give us an answer

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PAR is 400-700nm. The first blue LEDs begin about 440 with a varience of 430-450. Below 440, you start to get a very dark blue and eventually into true violet. UV-A begins about 400n. The only 400-420 range LEDs are marketed a UV-A.

I'd like to see a solid state 425nm dark blue, non-UVA LED.

400-430 is outside the peak efficiency band for PAR, but inclusion could be useful for chlorophyll A. My take on everything I've read.

dank.Frank

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
PAR is 400-700nm. The first blue LEDs begin about 440 with a varience of 430-450. Below 440, you start to get a very dark blue and eventually into true violet. UV-A begins about 400n. The only 400-420 range LEDs are marketed a UV-A.

I'd like to see a solid state 425nm dark blue, non-UVA LED.

400-430 is outside the peak efficiency band for PAR, but inclusion could be useful for chlorophyll A. My take on everything I've read.

dank.Frank

knowledgeable :thank you:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm learning. A lot of new tech on the market and I'm trying to educate myself so I can use the tools properly.

dank.Frank

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I was away for a few days because I was ill during those days. The weather is getting colder and colder, it has been raining every day recently, autumn has come, many growers have been unable to grow outdoors

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
should finally cool off here just in time for the sp 3000 to arrive...i will be able to start a thread as soon as it gets here,tent is set up,and i have plenty of plants ready

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
should finally cool off here just in time for the sp 3000 to arrive...i will be able to start a thread as soon as it gets here,tent is set up,and i have plenty of plants ready

Glad to see you get to test some MarsLed, it's hard with the giveaways to keep guys interested in a grow diary. But you really deserve it, I was hoping you, frank, Bibi or somebody would get the epistar!!!:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I was away for a few days because I was ill during those days. The weather is getting colder and colder, it has been raining every day recently, autumn has come, many growers have been unable to grow outdoors

It rained so much last year in my region, that I harvest plants in the rain, and had to trim the buds down small so it wouldn't mold. I saved a few pounds of weed last summer that couldve went another way. Hope you get well

Remind customers, it is best to order through the official website, if the price is too low, unreasonable, please do not buy it.
There is only one Mars Hydro official website: www.mars-hydro.com

I no u said only 1 mars hydro, but why when i got my ts1000 6months ago did it not have the mars logo etched on board like ive seen others have? I 4sure bout it from mars hydro tho? I dont have it any longer but think i got pics to show u there was no name on board. I did like it alot until it got taken from me. But i like the bigger tsw3000. It be kool to see my new HGL xb400 vs a mars tsw2000 or tsw3000. Not sure whatever one is close to 400watts like my HGL xb400. Xb400 is rated for a 5x5 veg or 4x4 flower? Just a thought. But so far from just what ive seen from HGL it seems to be a good light. No fans on it like the ts models. ✌thx

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Is it your intention to concentrate on the TS series from now on, or will you also be introducing new SP models?
If the TS is getting more powerful, can I ask if it would be cost effective to produce lower watt SPs. Say an SP 75 or 100?
I've read about your revisions on the hardware, any intentions of putting the dials on the power packs or the on off switch I mentioned? Perfect time to introduce those if launching a new product.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I damn sure wouldn't overlook this SP spectrum, just my info from what I've witnesses. The 250 SP is a damn good light. I think Joy said you could daisy chain 3 250s together!!!! Talk about a 6x6 or 8x8 wow the possibilitys.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I was hoping Joy would offer me a new SP 400 or something to test lol!!!. I'd like to know what the studies are showing, because SPs are growing snowball size buds!!!!

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I no u said only 1 mars hydro, but why when i got my ts1000 6months ago did it not have the mars logo etched on board like ive seen others have? I 4sure bout it from mars hydro tho? I dont have it any longer but think i got pics to show u there was no name on board. I did like it alot until it got taken from me. But i like the bigger tsw3000. It be kool to see my new HGL xb400 vs a mars tsw2000 or tsw3000. Not sure whatever one is close to 400watts like my HGL xb400. Xb400 is rated for a 5x5 veg or 4x4 flower? Just a thought. But so far from just what ive seen from HGL it seems to be a good light. No fans on it like the ts models. ✌thx
We did not add logo stickers on the lights of the first batch of TS1000, so you don't need to worry about that, you use the real TS1000