What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Mars FCE-6500 680w LED Grow Journal

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I moved all the 1st run plants to finish in the main room to make room for the next run.

These all got put in tent a while ago. I had to start the ICC project. I'm so behind on that. Once the ICC starts to flower I will relocate everything while the Hammers Kush is pollinated.
1 ICC I have reversed.
1 Hammers Kush,
1 White Truffle.
1 CBs1 x THH x P41#14.. This plant might stretch too much to flower in the tent.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All doing awesome. No CAL/MAG used. I pruned the HK a bit.

WT. I had to LST 1 of the tops. It had gown into the bar.
DSCN3471.JPG

ICC Reversed
DSCN3473.JPG

HK
DSCN3472.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope I get some pollen this time. My last few attempts failed with only a slight reversal. I had to toss those plants out. I got all new chems for a new batch of STS. Fingers crossed.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I inspected all the plants today. Looks like Chimera was successful in reversing. WT was done on the same day but is not as far along, no clue why. ICC was treated 2 weeks after so she won't start showing for another few weeks.,
DSCN3622.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a better shot of Chimera#4.. I think all the plants will reverse normally this time. Im prob 4 months behind of these projects due to the STS failures. Now I know once the Silver Nitrate gets a pinkish tint it's no longer as potent.. Ill do some experiments with it another time. I'll prob double the SN to 1 gram.
DSCN3643.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I rearranged some lights today.. I took down a 1kw CMH and put the 680 LED in the main flower room. It's just too damn hot in my veg space to flower plants. This is the room where I should be testing LED vs CMH anyway. It will be easier to see any differences. The main room has a single 1kw CMH left. Im almost done with my summer cleaning of the main flower room. The intake filter was cleaned, The new Scrubber is in, all the fans are cleaned, New Panda liner for the floor is in.

I have 1 420w, 1 400w, 1 320w, 1 250w, LEDs. I think replacing the last 1kw CMH with the 2 400W leds will work. I'm not gonna do that just yet. I want to see how well the 680 does 1st. It will be easier to update this thread as well. I have a bunch of veg plants ready to flower. There are 2 plants getting harvested in 2 weeks. I'll have space to add a few back in. .

Last edited:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
when my buddy was growing some years ago, he was using '4' 1000w mh/hps switchable's, and the buds were rock solid... when he stopped , i picked up '2' 315 cmh's for a 4x3.5ft tent, and the buds are no way nearly as solid... in the fall, i'm going to buy an led... maybe the fce4800, or the 6500 to try it out---but after seeing friends who r growing with led's, their buds tooo are wimpy compared to a 1000w mh/hps

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
when my buddy was growing some years ago, he was using '4' 1000w mh/hps switchable's, and the buds were rock solid... when he stopped , i picked up '2' 315 cmh's for a 4x3.5ft tent, and the buds are no way nearly as solid... in the fall, i'm going to buy an led... maybe the fce4800, or the 6500 to try it out---but after seeing friends who r growing with led's, their buds tooo are wimpy compared to a 1000w mh/hps

Growing quality weed with LED is def possible. Those that start out using LED will get results sooner than long time HID growers. I've been growing for a long time using HPS/CMH. I never liked the old tech MH lights.. When the new CMH tech hit it was a game changer for me. Growing the same way with LED just isn't possible. What works best under HID won't work with LED. Changing our habits is the hardest part. You are basically starting over on how to make LED plants happy/healthy.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Mars Hydro Led Do you guys have plans to develop a 1:1 hid replacement?. The only issue with all these bar style leds is their size. They're too big IMO. Reducing the size while keeping the efficacy and wattage the same is a huge want. There are a few others that make them. I'm curious if this is on your upgrade list.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
@Mars Hydro Led Do you guys have plans to develop a 1:1 hid replacement?. The only issue with all these bar style leds is their size. They're too big IMO. Reducing the size while keeping the efficacy and wattage the same is a huge want. There are a few others that make them. I'm curious if this is on your upgrade list.
Thanks for the suggestion, bro. The main feature of the bar design light is that the PPFD could be more even in a valid footprint compared to the smaller design light. So far, the pros exceeds cons. so we might not consider that at this stage.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Their size makes it difficult to light the space efficiently. At their present size, 1 takes up the same space as 3 HID lights. I prefer to light the room. Makes the light uniform from one end to the other. I don't need to worry about where the plants are placed in the room. I can only fit 3 LED lights of this size in my room. That would leave too much space unused. At present, it's a hodgepodge of different sized led lights which I don't like.

Latest posts

Latest posts