What's new

MARLO's 2011 WINTER VERTICAL

R

Rysam

Gotta love home depot :wave:
What size lights will you be using with them?

1k HPS. Its overkill but temps are good & the plants dont seem to mind. This is somewhat of a test run, I was doing horiz "organic" soil. Now its MaxiBloom, coco Hempys and vert with 2 new strains.
H.A. OG on the left and middle Blue cheese on the right.
picture.php

hiker

Marlo, alright, you made me a believer, just looked through this thread, and I'm planning my new room already. The pvc screens are great and well within my budget and skill, do alot of pvc irrigation at work. I'm thinking about maybe making curved shaped trellises on the ends. Thankyou so much for the inspiration. By the way, I have 3 really nice Blueberry fems from Mdanzig that I'm thinking of pollenating with a real nice tight internoded branchy male Chemdog IX III that I have, and I have to give you the credit for that thought also, from always asking about the BB x SD seeds. Thanks again.:ying:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1k....I'm jealous. There won't be any larf in that grow!
Looks a lil close for a 1k. They look like they're taking it well tho.
It might be a problem when the buds set in. Good luck!

MARLO

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marlo, alright, you made me a believer, just looked through this thread, and I'm planning my new room already. The pvc screens are great and well within my budget and skill, do alot of pvc irrigation at work. I'm thinking about maybe making curved shaped trellises on the ends. Thankyou so much for the inspiration. By the way, I have 3 really nice Blueberry fems from Mdanzig that I'm thinking of pollenating with a real nice tight internoded branchy male Chemdog IX III that I have, and I have to give you the credit for that thought also, from always asking about the BB x SD seeds. Thanks again.:ying:

Sounds like a plan hiker. The screens are real easy to make and they last a long time.

That cross sounds like a winner! I've been tryna get those outta Rez for a cpl years now.

I have plans to hit these OGxBS with some Sour Diesel pollen next run :dance013: Thats as close to BB I'm gonna get for now

MARLO

R

Rysam

1k....I'm jealous. There won't be any larf in that grow!
Looks a lil close for a 1k. They look like they're taking it well tho.
It might be a problem when the buds set in. Good luck!

MARLO

I agree its way close for a 1k, 600's would be ideal I think. The plan is to keep tying it back as it grows and adapt as necessary..

Baba Ku

Veteran
If you don't care, I will post up pics of the little ghetto screens I did a couple or three minutes ago...
This was when I first put em in.
They are two gal pots cut our of distilled water jugs, hurricane fencing, bamboo. I'm in a tight cab.
I had them in the back corners of the 2x2 cab. (400cmh)
picture.php

It was a gamble of when to flip them, but I think I got that part pretty close. I think this shot was just as the buds had set.
picture.php

They finished fairly hefty.
picture.php

You can see where I butchered up the screen a bit to allow her to do what she wanted. The 1" is a little tight, IMO.
picture.php

WasntMe

Marlo,
With your screen design ... don't you think it would be fairly easy to build the pvc frame with a base? This should allow those with smartpots to use your screen design and just place the smartpots right on top of the pvc base of the frame.
what are your thoughts on that design mod?

dustin27

Veteran

Me too! Already switched to vert. AND, will probably work some more screens into my next runs as well. Great grows man!

R

Rysam

Marlo,
With your screen design ... don't you think it would be fairly easy to build the pvc frame with a base? This should allow those with smartpots to use your screen design and just place the smartpots right on top of the pvc base of the frame.

Its just 1/2" pvc, your only limit is your imagination.

D

DHF

I know.......It`s not even been a week but Red want`s pic`s and an update damnit....Ok........me too.........LOL.....

Waitin patiently Marlo ....DHF.......:ying:....

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been doin alot of work in the room the past week. Lots of training and trimming. Trying not to let this one get out of hand.
I've been trimming consistently every few days instead of stripping them completely. Some of the plants with more developed flowers are being more aggressively trimmed. I will continue this way until week 6 or 7. Fans won't be much of an issue by then.

Here's the room at about day 22 or 23. The bigger girls in the back are tied up and starting to fill in nicely. No branches or fans are growing into the light anymore.

picture.php

SFS #4 23 DAYS

picture.php

BLUBONIC

picture.php

DSD

picture.php

I'll pull the plants out one day next week and get some individual plant shots so you can see how they are being trained. Too much goin on lately to get it done.

After killing another batch of clones, I fought off the urge to buy an ez cloner and went the DIY route instead.

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

MARLO

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Marlo:wave:

Very nice home made cloner box, it will be 100% of success with that stuff;)

Love the way your scrog looks, wow vertical scrog, it is awesome and the gen are killer!!:)

Wish you a big blooming time:tiphat:

justwatchin

Wow, nice looking grow Marlo. Love the screens, sometimes its the simple ideas that are the most effective. I trim slowly too. Them big girls in the back got ya. Are you planning on folding them over or leaving as is?

I'm curious on the smoke report with the blubonic, i've had them since sol put them up there but trying to dial in other keepers a little more b4 moving on. Its those and the blusat x og next.

mrktwiz

Marlo;

Love your DIY EZ cloner, did you find the DIY instructions for that somewhere on IC Mag.....I am very interested in trying to build one of those for myself. I'll try and do a search for DIY EZ cloner instructions here on IC mag.

Major props to your grow bro!

Mrktwiz

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marlo,

You can do damn near anything with pvc.
I was thinking about how to make it work with an airtpot, which is pretty much the same thing.

Somebody had a vert grow on here not too long ago where they built racks out of pvc and put the pots in the racks. Can't remember who it was tho

Very nice home made cloner box, it will be 100% of success with that stuff;)

I really hope ur right. Gonna stick some clones in there tonite. If they root, they're gonna have to revert back to veg

Wow, nice looking grow Marlo. Love the screens, sometimes its the simple ideas that are the most effective. I trim slowly too. Them big girls in the back got ya. Are you planning on folding them over or leaving as is?

I'm curious on the smoke report with the blubonic, i've had them since sol put them up there but trying to dial in other keepers a little more b4 moving on. Its those and the blusat x og next.

The girls in the back are gonna stay as is for the most part. They will get trimmed more and the light will probably get raised up as well. I feel like slightly overveg'd works best. Its more work, but I'm happier in the end. You'll get a better look at them when I take em out for individual shots.
I'm gonna be running thru some of this SOL stuff for a while. Gonna pop more blubonic soon too

Marlo;

Love your DIY EZ cloner, did you find the DIY instructions for that somewhere on IC Mag.....

Yep. Right here. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40055

Saved me a couple hundred bucks. It was pretty simple too.

:tiphat:

MARLO