What's new

MARLO's 2011 WINTER VERTICAL

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin tight and trim on their way to full fledge fattening...those screens are ic legendary status !!!

when i finally screen my plants my life will be complete, but still my room looks more like hostage negotiations, things tied to the stake, blindfolded, bound and gagged with tape ... but the vertical love shines thru !!

marlo what u said about rez betas is true, an honor to be listed and thats all, regardless whatever...but id love to do a rez seed run with sd ibl and sdh (im shortening it) !!

stay fresh playa !!

Wsup Who. Had enough of this snow yet?

These screens have been good to me. They help to control my OVS (over veg syndrome). :tiphat: Your way sounds like more fun tho!

Rez made a lotta people happy with that beta list. :dance013:
But to sell the SSSDH for $65 is even better. I had to snatch a cpl packs just because.
People gonna be kickin themselves if they miss out on these. Remember when DSD was $45?

P.S I'm poppin my SD's next week! :jump:

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ohhh damnnn. filled out real nice. gonna kill it.

Yep. They sure did.
I like plants with at least a 2x stretch for this system. They're bigger but easier to manage. The branches stretch and I can train em to wherever I want. :)

Looking good, any hunch which way the ogkxbs 2.2 is leaning?
Hard to say. I haven't grown either of the plants in this cross before. All 4 pheno's look different imo, but I see blueberry influences in all of them. Some more than others.
Next update I'll get some pics of the other pheno's. The 2 big girls are nice. Good yielders, fruity smell, and one of them is starting to turn purple.

awesome update Marlo,

look like they're filling out nicely,

SFS 2 seem like a stretcher, pretty sure you're going to get some nice number from her as well :):)

cheers bro

I agree. She started out slow, but she's been picking it up lately. Lil SD looking golf balls. Hopefully those golf ball nugs turn into cola's!!

:wave:

MARLO

bobblehead

Veteran
Wsup Who. Had enough of this snow yet?

These screens have been good to me. They help to control my OVS (over veg syndrome). :tiphat: Your way sounds like more fun tho!

Rez made a lotta people happy with that beta list. :dance013:
But to sell the SSSDH for $65 is even better. I had to snatch a cpl packs just because.
People gonna be kickin themselves if they miss out on these. Remember when DSD was $45?

P.S I'm poppin my SD's next week! :jump:

I'm thinking 3 packs is still cheaper than the original recipe, and you're for sure gonna fine something nice to breed with... which the f2 generation should be perfect for... :)

Damn Marlo. Quality all the way around. Quality build, quality strains...I'm sure quality results.

You've got me seriously considering ditching my hoods and scrogging under two 600 bare bulbs.

Maaaaad props my friend.

And good vibrations, most of all!

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
hey dude. never got to see one of your vert grows, I really dig this style. very different from what im used to. lookin good.

yeah. im still kicking myself for not getting DSD, i NEED that strain. I wont make the same mistake and had to grab a super sour

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Marlo. Quality all the way around. Quality build, quality strains...I'm sure quality results.

You've got me seriously considering ditching my hoods and scrogging under two 600 bare bulbs.

Maaaaad props my friend.

And good vibrations, most of all!

Wsup Piffs. I hope I end up with quality results. Thats what we're in it for :). Hi hopes for these strains.
Vert takes a lil gettin used to, but its the way to go, imo

hey dude. never got to see one of your vert grows, I really dig this style. very different from what im used to. lookin good.

yeah. im still kicking myself for not getting DSD, i NEED that strain. I wont make the same mistake and had to grab a super sour

I'm glad you like the show:tiphat:
Some DSD relists went up this morning. Gone in 2 mins tho....

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pollen chuckin' update

Pollen chuckin' update

Just finished hitting up the Strawberry Diesel girls with the pollen from my 2 Sour Bubble males. :) They haven't produced as much pollen as I'd expected, but most of the sacks are still in tact. I'll leave happy couples in the Man Cave for a cpl days and let them do their thing. There is a Galadriel #5 in there also

Great trellis idea!

Thanks VS! Enjoy the show bro

:tiphat:

MARLO

Buddle

Veteran
Came back for the update..love your growroom Marlo :)
I have some sssdh x jack herer that would be nice plants for vert me thinks..

hiker

Yep. Right here. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40055

Saved me a couple hundred bucks. It was pretty simple too.

Thank you so much for this link, have to look into that one, plants look great, I'm convinced this is the way to go, I'm almost wondering if it wouldn't be easier trellising, than all the tip bending and training I do to get all of my lower branches to the top of the canopy. Finding myself coming back more and more often to this vertical grow fourm.:thank you:

Somebody had a vert grow on here not too long ago where they built racks out of pvc and put the pots in the racks. Can't remember who it was tho

Marlo, really nice and tidy setup - quite impressive.

Got a question about vert screens, if you wouldn't mind - have you ever tried a metal screen, or a screen with larger squares? Was in the fencing aisle at Home Depot for half an hour last night and couldn't make up my mind what screen to go with.

And I'm not sure if the person you're referring to is me, but I have pots directly in my PVC structure (90 wyes).......

J

johndoe123

Hey marlo

Hey marlo

You have inspired me Marlo I have decided on making the move to vertical. In my neck of the woods we have smart meters because of the rural area. Going to setup a flip flop to keep the power on a constant draw with two thousands. I love your screens it's too simple mad props man. I have been running a home made aero cloner for a couple years and this is my recipe for hundred percent every time. I run it aways no need to be on a timer. Mine is a 18 site in a three gallon bucket with a 164gph pump and even in the dead of summer no problems ever! Some people like straight water but I use liquid karma at 15 ml per gallon and sm90 at 2ml per gallon in ro water. This time of year it can be tough to get roots with the lack of humidity in the air so I use a humidifier to jack it up to around 65 or so. I got five Rez sd ibls bout three weeks into veg and some dsd v2 going in the ground in about a week. Keep killin it man and good karma your way.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
saw some nice DSD from a fellow ICer....good shiet. i like how it has sour and fruity undertones.. post up some dried/cured shots of whatever you pull this year. im gonna have a grow thread up finally, still gotta finish a few things come check it out when i post though. we can compare strains and pick the best things to cross.

in the meantime check out some good smoking music if you are a hiphop head you will like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I66xz5bVbhw

Shady Smoka

Marlo, you're the fucking man!!
I've just read every post in all your grows and you kill it bro. I've been thinking about vertical scrogging and now I'm definitely switching. Keep up the good work

Ps
It won't let me give you any more rep+

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Came back for the update..love your growroom Marlo :)
I have some sssdh x jack herer that would be nice plants for vert me thinks..

Thanks bro. SSSDH x JH would be great for vert imo, and pretty tasty to! I like vert better when the plants have some stretch to them. Makes scrogging easier for me

awesome grow Marlo! How are you getting in there and taking pictures? Looks so crowded...

Yea, its tight. But enough space to move around and water if I take some pots out. Easy to take pics when the plants are out.

have you ever tried a metal screen, or a screen with larger squares? Was in the fencing aisle at Home Depot for half an hour last night and couldn't make up my mind what screen to go with.

I tried chicken wire first. Hated it. Holes were too small, and I kept cutting my hands while trying to make the screens. F that.
These screens here are the only others I've tried. no reason to switch now

You have inspired me Marlo I have decided on making the move to vertical. In my neck of the woods we have smart meters because of the rural area. Going to setup a flip flop to keep the power on a constant draw with two thousands. I love your screens it's too simple mad props man.

Make the switch bro! You'll love it.
Good luck with the flip flop. I've always been interested in those. Lotta people gonna have to go that route as these new meters get more popular.
:tiphat:

saw some nice DSD from a fellow ICer....good shiet. i like how it has sour and fruity undertones.. post up some dried/cured shots of whatever you pull this year. im gonna have a grow thread up finally, still gotta finish a few things come check it out when i post though. we can compare strains and pick the best things to cross.

DSD is still one of my all time fav's. Love it.

If I get a male from my San Fernando Sour grow, maybe we can cross it back to the SFV Clone

Marlo, you're the fucking man!!
I've just read every post in all your grows and you kill it bro. I've been thinking about vertical scrogging and now I'm definitely switching. Keep up the good work

Thanks alot bro. Glad you enjoyed the show(s). Some of the old grows had some issues, but we all live and learn.
I hope the switch works out for you. :wave:

MARLO

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
* * * * * * * * U P D A T E * * * * * * * *

* * * * * * * * U P D A T E * * * * * * * *

Everything is moving along nicely. The room is on day 43 of flower right now and looking good. The aroma is getting stronger by the day.
Smacked in the face with dank as soon as the growroom door is opened. :)

I haven't shown the Sol stuff much in this grow, so we'll start this overdue update with those

OGxBS #4 DAY 42

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OGxBS # 1 DAY 42

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OGxBS 3 day 43

picture.php