What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marimbas New growroom!

marimbas

Yea i did, and i appeard on the other side of the world, im back, the tent is packed and i am not growing at the moment but ill get my ass back to grow in a few more months. Reading this reminds me a lot of the old friends, and brings the nostaliga a lot... well i missed you all, and i hope everything goes great with all of you.

All the best vibes and all the love!!

SpAzZ

nice setup you got there, Marimbas! really nice attention to detail with the stitching at the openings and conscientious use of nomex for fire-proofing. hope you get it up and running again soon and are perhaps even able to market the idea...

there was some interest expressed by other posters in attempting to duplicate this fine idea utilizing more economical fire-blanket purchased at wal-mart, etc. versus the nomex of the original. bear in mind that "fire-blanket" is a fiberglass material and, as such, measures should be taken to protect one's skin, lungs and general environment from the offending fibers... (perhaps sandwich the blanket in panda plastic?)

Peace

marimbas

hey spazz, well i have to explain something there is not such a thing as fireproof, its fireretardant all the fire blankets from wallmart are fireretardants such as nomex, the difference is the amound of heat they can hold and for how long, nomex can hold a brutal amound of heat for a very long time, wich in case of an accident of any kind you wont have much of a problem.

now as for the idea of doing sandwich with panda, is that panda is flamable if it catches fire, it will burn long enough to burn the fire blankets, and burn the whole thing down. thats why for example you never see the firemen using anything over the nomex, they use 2 different nomex, a filling and another layer over everything, wich also is waterproof.

Anywyas thanks for posting mate! all the best!!

BongRipkenJR.

Is your tent non toxic? I thought PVC creates off gassing when the light hits it and poisons the plants. I know the original Hydro Hut had this problem. I would of opted for metal poles rather than PVC, but otherwise, a very nice job! Actually looks fairly professional.

Latest posts

Latest posts