What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marimbas New growroom!

G

i think it looks great!

where's the light going to hang and do you have a way to bolt this thing down for support?

maybe dont hang the light until you have soil in there to support the structure,even the load

i dont know i think it looks good if thats a fire retardant material yer in the clear

i still think a c13 or similiar form home depot modified to suit yer needs would not only offer you better stealth, reflectivity, and lockability (you live with kids its a must) but it would be much cheaper.

a c13 can be completed, in a pinch, for roughly 300 bucks complete

if you wanted a bit smaller they offer the c25, which is about the same height as what youve built but squarefootage is a bit less, also only 80usd so thats a plus, and o yeah, laminated white so u have maximum reflectivity

anyway, keep up the great work--i think you've done well for yourself

maybe next gr0 you'll want to upgrade to a full room, or a larger box
your passion for the hobby shines through in yer hard work and efforts here

best of wished to yopu on yer new grow, i wish i could be there to throw a handful of good-luck coins in there to christen it hehe

be well M

G

lookin good marimbas, now lets see some pics of it full of weed! :D

Potroast

marimbas

Alright.

As I said the second phase is over, i did all the ducting and the lighting system.

The carbon scrubber i did it myself, but i havnt bought the carbon i will next week or the following one. Im locating a special carbon.
Anyways here it is

This is the roof of it.

standing up.

thats the fan, and beside it its the scrubber

marimbas

its like 3 tents in one, the exterior one (black one) has the seams made interior. the next one the one made out of blackout, its made interior as well, and the nomex is exterior, its like 3 tents in one, actually it is, 3 tents in 1. thast how the seams are sealed. (also the blackout is a kinda plastified fabric, and it was seamed with a plastic string.

B

baccas125

Thats one impressive tent you have there Marimbas!!! You should consider marketing those things.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
seriously you could make a fortune, patent that now or you just might see some SneakyTents up for sale in a year or so

Sleepy

Veteran
i followed the link in your sig to find this...wow! :yoinks:

really nice job, marimbas!!!

can't wait to see your new box full of GREEN!!! :yummy:

G

Sleepy said:
i followed the link in your sig to find this...wow! :yoinks:

really nice job, marimbas!!!

can't wait to see your new box full of GREEN!!! :yummy:

same here Sleepy...I followed the link in marimbas signature box....:wave:

Hey marimbas:wave: I apologize for not dropping by sooner.......dddduuuuuhhhhhhh......:D
You have done an awsome job on this project my good friend.:bow::bow::bow:.
We can't wait to see it full of the good green herb.:canabis::canabis::canabis:
love & blessings.
annac

marimbas

Sleepy, hog, and Annac! Thanks a lot for the kind words, im doing my best here. I hope i can get it running soon

marimbas

Alright I got to the third phase of my grow tent. I bought a system named Rainforest 66, the older version, it works exactly as the new one, its a mix between aeroponics, and DWC. Ill show a diagram later.

Mercer

That's a really kick ass tent you built, great job!

Would it be possible to get some more closeups of the framework of the tent to see what fittings you used?

marimbas

that was the idea blast, it looks very similar to one that is only sold in the UK called budbox, or something like that, but what i love of this one is that its fireproof!

How do you grow in yours? hydro, aero, soil?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Wow I love it. Ya got it exactly as you wanted it, and peace of mind is always worth a bit extra. Per grow over time the price difference will become nothing, but the peace of mind will stay with ya. Even well ventilated though, wont 3 layers end up acting as insulation driving the inside temps up? Also from the pics it looked like your chains were just pushing through the fabric and using the fabric integrity to hold the weight. Is that right or is there something else taking the load?

marimbas

its something else taking the load, it has like a tick special screen, or mesh, at the top of the tent, this is attached to the tubes, so all the weight is being carried by the structure, and the mesh. without compromising the fabrics.

About the temperature, it tends to go up yes, even so with the cool tube, and a nice inline fan. I have to get another fan in there, something to move the air around.

But thanks GMT