What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Marijuana USA" new report on CNN, Wed 12/8

Dr.NO

It was ok. Someone needs to do a show which is all pro marijuana and show tons of footage of buds and concentrates. Like an IC mag television show!

To sum it up, I really think it was truthful.

The med user who has cut his opiate use actually had me welling up inside, I didn't cry but I was pretty close.

To the people who thought it showed people abusing the med system in CO, I have no legitimate reason to get a rec but I'm 99% sure if I moved back to CO I could get a rec, and if I ever moved back out there you bet your ass I would. Sometimes the truth hurts, they showed both the legitimate med scene & those that are using it for recreation.

I forgot about the heroin users comment who said he started smoking weed @ 14, that pissed me off & I really wish they didn't show that, but again, I don't doubt he was telling the truth.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
anyone got a torrent of this show?
i dont have cable.
all the torrent search engines seam top pull up anything with "marijuana" and anything with "usa" even though i search "marijuana usa" and "marijuana"+"USA"

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought it was pretty good and fair. I saw the portraits of pot friendly individuals to be showing sensible, thoughtful folks, and the anti-pot people were portrayed to more along the raging maniac side.

No show will be perfect though, reference some of the previous complaints, but I thought this one's balance skewed a bit toward the pro pot side.

Scout

Has Ventura/Conspiracy Theories done a show on mj/hemp? If not, let's email them to do so cuz it would make a much better program than CNBSs bullshit. Jesse is a smoker so hopefully they would not hold anything back truthwise. What do y'all think?

ddrew

Veteran
When I first heard about the show I thought it was going to be at least part on the huge explosion of indoor growing across the US in the last 5-10 years, but nothing.
When they said they were going to talk about other states, I thought, here we go, but then they focused only on Kentucky outdoor, and that fat ass goober cop.

I was hoping they would show how there are grow shops in large numbers in every state now, and the "picture" of the average small time grower was changing to include people from all walks of life.
That it is getting as common to grow your own plants, as it is to brew your own beer.

SmilinBob

I thought it was good. There was some parts I didn't like, and some parts that really made me laugh. Like that Kentucky cop saying we are winning the war on marijuana!! I thought to myself, "HA, they all went inside you dumb fuck."

Most of the anti mj people they showed really portrayed their argument badly, I thought. Which is a good thing. They kept trying to "imagine" mj legal, yet still carrying the same side effects that the black market creates.

A lot of good pro pot cases. Some scruffy stoners or whatever, but a lot of respectable business men and women doing their thing.

I'm going to watch it again tonight, and see if I come to the same conclusion. I might not smoke during it this time. I kept realizing that I was staring at the tv without actually watching it.

mule420

The dipshit cop I could have done without... I feel for our brothers and sisters in that state! The piece for here in CO was crazy! Holy shit big brother's cameras in grows controlled by the man remotely??? The new rulebook is 92 pages :yoinks: Animal farm here we come...

A lot of good pro pot cases. Some scruffy stoners or whatever, but a lot of respectable business men and women doing their thing.
hey man I am one of those scruffy stoners!!!!! Just becuase some one shaves their beard doesnt make them any more respectable than me!!!!!! We all judge peeple by their appearence and this is wrong!!!! Its what you do not how you look to get my respect!!!!!!!

SmilinBob

I never said those business men or woman can't be scruffy, and vice versa. There are clean shaven stoners. Sorry, If I came off as judging them, I wasn't. I don't care what you look like, as long as you aren't a parasite. :tiphat:

I

Iron_Lion

I feel bad for the peeple in KY that cop is a hater totally right winger doesnt want to lose is job!!!!!JAIL EM ALL!!!!

I wonder how people like that cop become so fucked up in the head, you are right dudes like him would like to see everyone else on earth locked in a cage. I bet that cop gets a boner every time he pulls someone over.

Green lung

Veteran
Jesus christ did you see that hillbilly from KY.........and the goats lol............................come on that was just wrong filming him stroking his goats.

Jesus christ did you see that hillbilly from KY.........and the goats lol............................come on that was just wrong filming him stroking his goats.
That guy is like the peeple from my part of the woods and I can relate with him!!!You cant be a farmer anymore unless you are government subsidised or doin it for a black market!!!!BULLSHIT!!!! Welcome to the USA!!!!OHH yea those goats are worth good money way better than cows or chickens!!!Ethnic groups buy alot of goats cuz thats what they are used to eating!!!There is a Muslim camp around me and they buy goats all the time!!!!!! take care all SBG your backwoods brother

SmilinBob

I actually thought that was a very good part of the documentary. It showed that not everyone that grows 150 plants is a bad person.

A lot of people around here are country, from the backwoods, and I'm one of them. If I had goats I'd stroke em. I don't care who film me goat strokin as long as it's taken in the right context.

On a different subject. That's a problem with the world today. To many people forget how close they really need to be with nature. I'd rather live in simplicity than to live off the crutches society provides for the masses.

Let me grow my food, raise my food, and stay the fuck away from me.