What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Marijuana USA" new report on CNN, Wed 12/8

BrainSellz

Veteran
http://www.cnbc.com/id/36022433/

You can find info on pending legislation in all states and a bunch of other stuff it looks like, I just started looking at it.
My Dad called me and told me to check it out, lol.
It's a preview and other stuff for their new show tonight
Marijuana USA
thanks for the link ddrew....
I found an article about joyce halepka and her fight agains drugs.....she is phunking NUTS
http://www.cnbc.com/id/36267211/

RicoT

If you all haven't seen the documentary entitled The Union:The Business Behind Getting High or something like that..just search The Union and marijuana and you should find it... is an extremely informative watch including interviews with some big names such as the host of the UFC, Joe Rogan, and even Jorge Cervantes.
I watched it on netflix, which gives you a free month trial, and even past that, is a great deal at $9.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DVR is set. I should be able to catch it tonight when it comes on though. The more that MSM media play MJ gets the quicker it will become legalized. Good stuff.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Would love to see a documentary about 60 cops busting 40 plants... or one about family dogs shot in home raids, about doors getting kicked in at the wrong house....

I could personally care less about the economics of weed, I care about the police state created and wonder how far it will go.

How about a show about how in jail we cant control drug use, rape, violence etc...

"If they get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers."
Thomas Pynchon

We seem to be asking the wrong questions.

Peace :joint:

If you want to see that and how the dog is check out How Weed Won The West. One of the best documentary's I've seen of our scene...

ddrew

Veteran
I was pretty disappointed.
I thought it was fairly negative over all, with trish reagans fat ass repeatedly acting all incredulous, and saying "that's crazy" and "are you serious" and basically portraying med as a scam to make money and get high by 90% of the people involved with it.

It had decent moments, but over all, not to good.

Danks2005

I thought it was fairly negative over all, with trish reagans fat ass repeatedly acting all incredulous, and saying "that's crazy" and "are you serious" and basically portraying med as a scam to make money and get high by 90% of the people involved with it.

I agree, she sucks, and the tone was dissaproval.

I especially didn't like the throbbing penis in kentucky, hunting down 5 plants at a time, at a huge expense to taxpayers.

Hell yeah, just watched it, thought they did a good job at showing how bullshit our federal governments laws are.

Fuck Kentucky, and I'd like to punch my nations drug czar in the face!

Interesting about portugal! I did not know that............. and it's working, gee I would have never seen that coming. Fuck you America & your war on drugs, just popped 99 beans the other day, let's OG this place!

Oh, and Trish's ass definitely got fatter, I bet she's been puffin' on the devil weed ;)

ddrew

Veteran
I thought they kept trying to make "gateway" drug scenarios, like the Portugal guy talking about how he started with weed at 14, and then on to heroin. And the fat ass Kentucky cop saying the weed industry fuels all other drugs like meth in the state.

It was not positive.
Marijuana Inc was better IMO

Cheerful

That's funny, ddrew, I pretty much had the opposite reaction. I've reacted to trish's interview 'style' before like you did tonite. But tonight I felt like there was much more even-handed tone with a lot of very credible-seeming professionals getting a chance to present their (Pro-Pot) case.

It's rerunning right now, I'm finding it interesting the 2nd time too.

Last edited:

ddrew

Veteran
The overall vibe was less positive then their last show, Marijuana Inc.

It was subtle, like the doctor and the patients they showed, 98% grunge looking college kids, maybe it's just me watching it with a bad attitude or something, but I didn't think they portrayed the legitimacy of med use very well.

I

Iron_Lion

I bet that cocky ass black lady will get busted seemed like she was challegeing the feds, i like her pic of her chillin with obama :biglaugh:

I like how it showed how in the ass of legal growers the government is, 24 fuckin security cams hot wired directly to the pig pen, wtf.

Nice to see Kentucky's best, what a bunch of morons they got down there. Dont think I've ever seen so much nazi propaghanda flow from the mouth of one man before.

We got our yearly dose of Richard Lee, he needs a talk show we see him so much already.

I thought it was interesting the clip of the cops robbing a grow house in gas masks LOL dolts!

Nice to see more emphasis on the colorado scene, with the usaul name dropping.

over all cnbc seemed more on the fence then in years past, the news is always so skeptical of its medical uses. So what if sick people enjoy the high, you going to begrudge them their right to feel good while your guzzle your beer.